PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 No TV Console Release Woes? Problem SOLVED.

mr_black
Jan 31, 2013, 10:52 PM
At 1st I was a bit upset with no news of a XBOX release of PSO2. Since thats how I played PSU, I got hooked to using the controller. I was trying to think of a solution then...bam its so simple.

Just grab an Android Media Box.

In my search for something that would run the best gaming processor in Android Devices(Nvidia Tegra). I found this little gem (http://www.ouya.tv/). :O

And its only $100. That's $150 cheaper than a Nexus 7 which is the cheapest tablet with nvidia.

YOU'RE WELCOME. :)

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 31, 2013, 10:54 PM
uh...huh?

You can use a 360 or PS3 pad on your PC

mr_black
Jan 31, 2013, 10:57 PM
But not on a 42" and button mapping is a pain in the culo. Plus not everyone can afford a good gaming PC. Thats why TV consoles do so well. This console is ~same price as a pretty good gfx card. I've always preferred console to PC and there are many that feel the same way. This is just an option for us folk.

MetalDude
Jan 31, 2013, 11:00 PM
HDMI cables are a thing.

Kion
Jan 31, 2013, 11:04 PM
Yes, because the android version is going to run the full client :wacko: I hope my sarcasm was apparent

TheszNuts
Jan 31, 2013, 11:05 PM
Are you sure the media box would let you install games on it?

mr_black
Jan 31, 2013, 11:07 PM
To my understanding the Android version is the VITA version, which is just fine for me. And yes, it's an open console can install w/e even hack it up if you want to per the founder of the company.

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 31, 2013, 11:09 PM
it's not the vita version. not even close.

The Walrus
Jan 31, 2013, 11:10 PM
Yeah it's kinda just a...thing (http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-es-smartphone-version-preview/)

blace
Jan 31, 2013, 11:10 PM
Nah, screenshots of the Android and iOS ports are extremely limited in comparison to the Vita. Where the Vita lets you play on the same server with PC users, you're only managing the other aspects of the game. Like feeding you mag, managing My Shop and so on.

If you want the experience with a controller, get a Vita or hook your PC to your tv.

Edit: That link from Lord Derpington is as it is. Not even going to be on the same scale as the PC/Vita versions.

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 31, 2013, 11:13 PM
better off getting a pc and a controller and running an HDMI cable to your TV. or you could just...you know...use a good sized monitor.

mr_black
Jan 31, 2013, 11:13 PM
Yeah it's kinda just a...thing (http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-es-smartphone-version-preview/)

Dreams, shattered.

EvilMag
Jan 31, 2013, 11:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aKZxCvp_H0
Yeah....

mr_black
Jan 31, 2013, 11:25 PM
Yeah....

Personal preference, AND button mapping is still a pain. But w/e I guess thats what I'll have to do.

TenebriS
Jan 31, 2013, 11:27 PM
there is no need for Button mapping in PSO2 it recognizes your XBOX controlelr at first plug in and you can use it like that

mr_black
Jan 31, 2013, 11:28 PM
there is no need for Button mapping in PSO2 it recognizes your XBOX controlelr at first plug in and you can use it like that

Well :D then

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 31, 2013, 11:34 PM
Even if you had to map your buttons you only have to do it one time O_o the game remembers your damned settings.

Maronji
Jan 31, 2013, 11:38 PM
Even if you had to map your buttons you only have to do it one time O_o the game remembers your damned settings.

Across multiple computers, even.

You have no idea how much this messed me up after I returned to my computer one day after I was playing on the front room computer with a PS2 controller (using a USB adaptor).

UnLucky
Feb 1, 2013, 12:04 AM
In my search for something that would run the best gaming processor in Android Devices(Nvidia Tegra). I found this little gem url=http://www.ouya-

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAh

oh man I'm late to the party haha oh my GOD

wow the ouya

that's a good one

Alisha
Feb 1, 2013, 12:50 AM
i play on 32" hdtv with my pc and a ps3 controller via motion joy. on my brand new alienware x51

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 1, 2013, 01:03 AM
Why not just build one? you could have saved a lot of money and it only takes a couple hours to build.

The Walrus
Feb 1, 2013, 01:04 AM
lolalienwarein2013

DoubleCannon
Feb 1, 2013, 01:04 AM
Ummm isnt the android version like an offline mode only? I swear I read that before? lol

xSHiNOx
Feb 1, 2013, 01:17 AM
better off getting a pc and a controller and running an HDMI cable to your TV. or you could just...you know...use a good sized monitor.
this. i play with my low end custom pc with ps3 controller and MotionInJoy plugin. works goooood

Chik'Tikka
Feb 1, 2013, 01:38 AM
i play on 32" hdtv with my pc and a ps3 controller via motion joy. on my brand new alienware x51

Alienware? why notz savez zee moneyz and buildz one for $500 less? +^_^+

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 1, 2013, 01:49 AM
Hell I've seen some half decent gamer builds for around 500 dollars

Zyrusticae
Feb 1, 2013, 01:53 AM
Yeah this is completely unnecessary.

I can just sit 2' away from my 24" monitor and get the same effect as you sitting 5' away from your 60" TV. Same resolution, too.

And if you run a 100+" TV it's a total waste, the extra real estate just makes the pixels waaay more obvious and you end up having to run things at an even higher resolution to hide that OR sit further away from the TV.

Chik'Tikka
Feb 1, 2013, 02:12 AM
Yeah this is completely unnecessary.

I can just sit 2' away from my 24" monitor and get the same effect as you sitting 5' away from your 60" TV. Same resolution, too.

And if you run a 100+" TV it's a total waste, the extra real estate just makes the pixels waaay more obvious and you end up having to run things at an even higher resolution to hide that OR sit further away from the TV.

this, i like to lean back in my chair so a 32" is perfect, I'm just far enough away that the pixels disappear, and i can put my feet up (especially after a long day at work) and relax+^_^+ i don't have 20/20 vision so sitting far enough away from even a 60" to make the pixels unnoticeable would just make the whole experience blurry, and too small of monitors (below 20") kinda bug me having to sit that close+^_^+ I do like my controller though+^_^+ and at Alienware PC person, I'll build you a similar performing tower (that may even have SDD, sales depending) for parts and labor+^_^+ $600-$700 for the PC itself and, oh, a fair labor fee of $300+^_^+ that way you can savez about $20+^_^+

NoiseHERO
Feb 1, 2013, 02:14 AM
I'm playing PSO2 on a 45 inch tv...

with an xbox controller that I didn't have to map keys to...

<_< >_>

Chik'Tikka
Feb 1, 2013, 02:19 AM
I'm playing PSO2 on a 45 inch tv...

with an xbox controller that I didn't have to map keys to...

<_< >_>

i mapped some of mine+^_^+ RT is shoot, RB is PA, A is jump, X is roll+^_^+ so it feels a little like playing gears+^_^+ all the better as i'm using that gears 3 limited controller+^_^+

Alisha
Feb 1, 2013, 02:26 AM
building one was a little intimidating
heres what i ended up with for around $1000

3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i5-3330 (6M Cache, up to 3.0 GHz)
Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64Bit, English
8GB2 Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz
1TB SATA 3Gb/s (7,200RPM) 32MB Cache
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 660 1.5GB GDDR5

in a small form factor case

Cagedtaytay
Feb 1, 2013, 02:31 AM
Nope. Just...Nope.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 1, 2013, 02:40 AM
god...they really took you on that one.

Antipika
Feb 1, 2013, 02:52 AM

It's really easy. There is just no way to fail, each component can only go into one place, it's even easier than building a LEGO... There are tons of tutorial online, YouTube videos, etc. Manufacturers manuals are pretty much self explanatory too.

At worse, there are also websites/shops that will simply build it for you (for around $50), you just get to pick the parts (anyone on any decent forums will be willing to lend you a hand when it comes to picking up the right parts for your budget/needs). It will still be way cheaper than Alienware crap :/

mr_black
Feb 1, 2013, 03:24 AM
wow, gamers used to be nice when i played. Thanks for shitting all over this post guys made me feel real welcome.

Hoping I dont run into any of you when the game finally come out here in the West.

NoiseHERO
Feb 1, 2013, 03:26 AM
wow, gamers used to be nice when i played. Thanks for shitting all over this post guys made me feel real welcome.

Hoping I dont run into any of you when the game finally come out here in the West.

Welcome to PSOW where you should only ready 1/4th of the posts. and only 1/4th of said posts.

mr_black
Feb 1, 2013, 03:30 AM
Welcome to PSOW where you should only ready 1/4th of the posts. and only 1/4th of said posts.

Apologies, I was goign back to edit that i didnt mean to direct toward the others, that were being cool about it.

blace
Feb 1, 2013, 03:31 AM

It'll most likely end up being worse, what with everyone being tired of waiting for any updates and/or news from Sega's branch in the states.

Also, topics about PSO2 on consoles in general end up in flames. More so if the topic creator is completely convinced that it'll come to consoles or is strongly taking that stance because of lack of insight to why many developers are approaching the PC route.

mr_black
Feb 1, 2013, 03:38 AM
It'll most likely end up being worse, what with everyone being tired of waiting for any updates and/or news from Sega's branch in the states.

Also, topics about PSO2 on consoles in general end up in flames. More so if the topic creator is completely convinced that it'll come to consoles or is strongly taking that stance because of lack of insight to why many developers are approaching the PC route.

I am totally unopposed to PC release. Its just a personal preference, and its often cheaper for console. BUT seeing as there will likely not be a console release I'll be playing on PC, no big deal. I only started this thread because I was under the assumption that the VITA and Android versions would be the same, this would satisfy my preference if it were the case.

Zyrusticae
Feb 1, 2013, 03:41 AM
Man, what the hell are you on about? You think the responses in THIS thread are harsh? How long have you even been on the internet?

Seriously, man. No one here's even mocking your intelligence (that I can tell). You need to thicken your skin a little bit, methinks.

mr_black
Feb 1, 2013, 03:46 AM
Man, what the hell are you on about? You think the responses in THIS thread are harsh? How long have you even been on the internet?

Seriously, man. No one here's even mocking your intelligence (that I can tell). You need to thicken your skin a little bit, methinks.

Severity of an offence is an offence none the less. Did you even bother to look @ my profile HERE? Since 2007. I can choose to call out rudeness and douchebaggery, regardless of my ability to withstand it. Just because the internet is a shithole doesnt mean its ok to be rude.

Zyrusticae
Feb 1, 2013, 03:53 AM
Yeah, okay, I still have no idea what "rudeness" and "douchebaggery" you're referring to here. I'm not seeing it.

blace
Feb 1, 2013, 03:57 AM
What he said is true, it used to be much, much worse. I'll need to look for that thread again.

Edit: To be fair, this guy did have it coming: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189659 and http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189883

In regards to the second thread, don't believe the information from the site he had given. It's a fan site that generally collects info on releases.

Kion
Feb 1, 2013, 07:45 AM

Thing is the game isn't very demanding. My runs fine at 60 fps on low shaders with an i7-3517U intel cpu with intel HD 4000. I'm pretty sure a 400$ mini-itx with an AMD A series or and ivy bridge i3/i5 (HD 4000) would run this game if you just want a box in your living room.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 1, 2013, 10:46 AM
Are you seriously accusing people of hurling insults at you? No one even said anything offensive, but if you want to start on about what might be construed as offensive, how about posting solutions to problems that dont exist and failing to even research the basics regarding what you've got beef with but presuming you know more than anyone here.

I'd say that's pretty insulting.

Black Nova
Feb 1, 2013, 11:41 AM
I remember when I used to trust NVIDIA and then they sold me a faulty card that they admitted was faulty. At the time I was a noob when it came to computers so when it burnt out I took it to a PC repair shop. I forked out the 200 dollars for repair thinking it was a virus that had infected my computer but was infact a shitty NVIDIA card that had burnt out so all in all that was a waste of 300 dollars for the card and 200 dollars to those con-artist pc repair guys. Hence why I will never buy from NVIDIA ever again.

Chik'Tikka
Feb 1, 2013, 11:51 AM

provided you already have the tower/PSU/and dvd drive (which you can raid any college IT class for, d!@# recycling fees) that only came to $689.95 and that was just picking the top of the list, not even searching for sales+^_^+

Anon_Fire
Feb 1, 2013, 08:28 PM
What he said is true, it used to be much, much worse. I'll need to look for that thread again.

Edit: To be fair, this guy did have it coming: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189659 and http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189883

In regards to the second thread, don't believe the information from the site he had given. It's a fan site that generally collects info on releases.

I remember those, that was during the PSO2 Alpha test. Hah, I was part of those and I had to slap some sense into him. That one link he provided in his thread was nothing but misinformation.

UnLucky
Feb 1, 2013, 09:36 PM

I was more laughing at the Ouya. I lost it when I clicked your link. I am sorry.

Cyrusnagisa
Feb 1, 2013, 11:19 PM
Severity of an offence is an offence none the less. Did you even bother to look @ my profile HERE? Since 2007. I can choose to call out rudeness and douchebaggery, regardless of my ability to withstand it. Just because the internet is a shithole doesnt mean its ok to be rude.

The problem is, your "solution" is assinine.......

The android version is going to be even more dubbed down then the Vita version, and on top of that, no mapping a 360 controller to PSO2 is not hard..... fact is, there really is nothing you have to do, but plug in one before you launch the game. Then run a HDMI cable to your TV and BAM PSO2 with a controller "PS3 or 360" on your TV, in fact in the settings you can even change the button icons to PS3 or 360.

Jim
Feb 1, 2013, 11:50 PM
PC and Xbox are like a car and a bike respectively.

Some people don't need a bike, and that's fine, but it's nice to have both.

Only kids have a bike and no car.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 2, 2013, 12:22 AM
I just saw he's trying to use the age of his account as some sort of leverage ~_~. That's worse than trying to use post count to suggest personal worth.

Actually that whole post just screams "I wasn't offended, I just wanted to pick a fight"

gigawuts
Feb 2, 2013, 12:54 AM
I just saw he's trying to use the age of his account as some sort of leverage ~_~. That's worse than trying to use post count to suggest personal worth.

Actually that whole post just screams "I wasn't offended, I just wanted to pick a fight"

I see what you did there.

Kion
Feb 2, 2013, 01:03 AM
Can this thread get moved to FKL yet? I think this has been sad enough.

Edit: Unless people want to use this thread to post cheap pc builds to give this thread a reason for existing.

Cyrusnagisa
Feb 2, 2013, 12:03 PM
Can this thread get moved to FKL yet? I think this has been sad enough.

Edit: Unless people want to use this thread to post cheap pc builds to give this thread a reason for existing.

Here you go

This would be a far better solution
(now even though you are building this for PSO2, it would be silly to follow the min specs to the T) (the controller I listed is very good, been using it for a while)
http://www.newegg.com/
Case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811154087
Motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813135325
CPU/GPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103943
Memory: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820313266
Hard Drive: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822145299
Controller: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879213027
Headset: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104634

All this for right at $300+ shipping

MetalDude
Feb 2, 2013, 12:34 PM
I was suspicious about GameStop recommending me the Nyko PS3 controller but it really is a pretty solid controller. That and I didn't want to pay fourty freaking dollars for Sony's controllers.

Cyrusnagisa
Feb 2, 2013, 11:29 PM
I was suspicious about GameStop recommending me the Nyko PS3 controller but it really is a pretty solid controller. That and I didn't want to pay fourty freaking dollars for Sony's controllers.

yeah I pretty much bought it just to test it out and do a hardware review on it, and it surprised the heck out of me, it is now my go to PC controller, along with my AfterGlow 360 controller (depending on what I am playing)

Khabarakh
Feb 4, 2013, 02:11 PM
Just grab an Android Media Box.

In my search for something that would run the best gaming processor in Android Devices(Nvidia Tegra). I found this little gem (http://www.ouya.tv/). :O

And its only $100. That's $150 cheaper than a Nexus 7 which is the cheapest tablet with nvidia.

YOU'RE WELCOME. :)

or you could just hook your pc up to your 50" like a normal person

Cyrusnagisa
Feb 4, 2013, 02:19 PM
or you could just hook your pc up to your 50" like a normal person

I do not understand why people think it is so hard..... it is really not ;p

most PC Video cards have HDMI now a days, and even then most TVs have VGA plugs on them.

and since PSO2 makes it really easy to setup the controller, it is almost a matter of plugin one in.