PDA

View Full Version : How many more currency items is there going to be?

Sp-24
Feb 1, 2013, 04:15 AM
It's hard not to notice, but I still wanted to post an observation. First it was only Photon Drops, and for months we didn't even know what are they for. Then, they added ExCubes, though I'm not sure if it was a planned addition or an attempt to make you keep earning experience. Then (again, very soon) came recycling of otherwise useless 10☆ weapons and items. Then - Iritista shop. And now, 2 months after Falz, we have 3 more pyroxene stones coming up that also require an otherwise useless rare to be turned into a useful weapon.

That makes the amount of items required for trading something for something that you may actually want jump from 0 (if you just sold the Photon Drops) to 6 stackable currency items and lots of weapons (and possibly units) that each take their own inventory slot in just a a few months. Out of all those items, you can only sell Photon Drops to other people (though weapons for the new pyroxene trades are also tradeable) and, of course, they are, and always have been, the most useless out of the bunch. So, is it just me, or is Sega trying to slowly fill freeloaders' banks with kinda useful junk in order to make them (by which I mean me) buy premium?

Sure, it is nice that they make items that are not complete garbage somewhat accessible, but, as always, they seem to have a sinister motive for that.

Bellion
Feb 1, 2013, 08:51 AM
Well, there were 12 Hindu Deity Pyroxenes in JP PSU. It's probably safe to assume we'll be getting 9 more after the Fire, Wind, and Earth Pyroxenes.

GreenArcher
Feb 1, 2013, 11:18 AM
You mean to tell me that Sega is trying to entice players into spending money on their game?

You don't say......

Sp-24
Feb 1, 2013, 11:27 AM
Yeah, that was exactly my point. It's almost as if they actually made PSO2 expecting people to pay for it. Not that it looks like they are trying to slowly make it more and more unbearable for people to play the game for free until the statistics of premium purchases satisfy them, perish the thought.

GreenArcher
Feb 1, 2013, 11:38 AM
Unbearable? 200 item slots of storage is rather plentiful.

My post was full of sarcasm, since SEGA is in the business to make a profit. I am aware that the game needs free players to be successful, but I see no issue with the cash shop as it is now. The game is playable and enjoyable without spending a dime.

Saffran
Feb 1, 2013, 11:54 AM
I dunno, I used to simply sell or chug everything, and now that I started dabbing into synthesizing all the MatterBoard items are taking a tremendous amount of space.
I guess the new pyroxene items will be worth keeping though...