PDA

View Full Version : Guyver: Bio-boosted Armor

LordSpleach
Feb 2, 2013, 03:05 AM
Just wondering how many people on here have heard of The Guyver?

RenzokukenZ
Feb 2, 2013, 03:15 AM
Depends on which version. The old manga, old anime, live-action movies, or the sucky reboot?

Regardless, the one thing I'll always remember about that series; breast implant sacks hyper beam off the chain!

Chik'Tikka
Feb 2, 2013, 03:46 AM
so many Guyver attempts on SC5, i lol'd at them+^_^+

Retehi
Feb 2, 2013, 04:49 AM
Haha I loved the live action movies. God I haven't seen them in so long though.

blace
Feb 2, 2013, 04:51 AM
I remember only seeing one of the live action movies. Don't remember much, but it was kind of weird is all I remember.

NoiseHERO
Feb 2, 2013, 04:55 AM
Those animes were ultimate level violence.

edit: wait, the OLD ones I liked... More recent ones in general... ehn...

Just ehn.

And live action was like the god of cheesiness.

LordSpleach
Feb 2, 2013, 11:35 AM
Depends on which version. The old manga, old anime, live-action movies, or the sucky reboot?

Regardless, the one thing I'll always remember about that series; breast implant sacks hyper beam off the chain!

I actually like the 2005 anime a little bit. Yes the animation is the current everyday standard, and it's not as violent as it should(which I still don't understand why, especially if you look at newer anime like Gantz, and Elfen Lied). What edges it out for me is the fact it is so much closer to the manga with the story. You can pretty much watch the series, then start reading Volume 8 of the manga to move forward.

I also skip the opening and ending credits cause that music doesn't even fit the series at all.

Either way, I'm proud to say that Solid Snake introduced me to The Guyver. And nothing has been as the god awful for live action movie.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Feb 2, 2013, 11:52 AM
Watched the Mark Hamill movie, oh man the worst. Suit looked nice enough. They did a good job on that.

Have volume 1 of the 2005 reboot DVD here, bought for cheap. Haven't watched it.

I should know more about the Guyver. It does have its work cut out for it to find a niche between regular robot mecha and what it kinda feels like its more about, fighting space aliens. Which the Kaiju stuff has long covered for so long its hard for people to check out something that's that mix of both.

NoiseHERO
Feb 2, 2013, 11:56 AM
Watched the Mark Hamill movie, oh man the worst. Suit looked nice enough. They did a good job on that.

Have volume 1 of the 2005 reboot DVD here, bought for cheap. Haven't watched it.

I should know more about the Guyver. It does have its work cut out for it to find a niche between regular robot mecha and what it kinda feels like its more about, fighting space aliens. Which the Kaiju stuff has long covered for so long its hard for people to check out something that's that mix of both.

Did they make that movie like power rangers where the footage is clearly a japanese dude in the suit...?

Or did they actually have the suit...

Or both..

Like power rangers.

And yeah the sequels were even worse...

LordSpleach
Feb 2, 2013, 12:08 PM

Go to Japan-Legend.com for more Guyver.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Feb 2, 2013, 04:04 PM
Did they make that movie like power rangers where the footage is clearly a japanese dude in the suit...?

Or did they actually have the suit...
His suit helps him save his Girlfriend.

And it must be seen for this cinematic piece of history. A black gang member turns into the monster first before he starts rapping, terribly even for 1992 or whenever the Mark Hamill movie was made here. Now that I've said which movie I've seen twice, explain all this: "sequels and other movies" and stop with the ellipsis!!

kurisu1974
Feb 5, 2013, 08:35 AM
I loved the old animes.

darkante
Feb 5, 2013, 08:51 AM
I´ve only seen the movie parts and the only things that i really liked were the biosuits.
So smexy. ^^

Alnet
Feb 5, 2013, 11:50 AM
It's something I know of, but not personally since I've never seen the show. I like to harass my friends with cheesy/bad movies, and the live-action movie with Mark Hamill is somewhere on that list...

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Feb 6, 2013, 02:53 AM
Found this searching for something else:

OH yeah and since we can't spam other sections... Mark Hamill got it right in the Guyver movie. He turned into a lobster - then immediately died. Shows how much juice he had in 1990 or he was smarter than the rest of the cast in that he knew what a flop this movie was so he made his monster suit scene quick and painless.