PDA

View Full Version : Girls und Panzer symbol art? (also Anime Suggestions)

Jim
Feb 2, 2013, 09:41 AM
Does anyone have any symbol art of the Panzer girls? I managed to find one in the block 20 lobby that features Mako looking rather distressed against a purple background. Has anyone else seen these girls?
http://www.gunjap.net/site/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/9103.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
Edit: If you haven't seen this show, it's free on Hulu (http://www.hulu.com/watch/429128#i0,p0,d0) and it's pretty damn good. Just search "Girls und Panzer". (Yes, und, not and) Some of the fan subs suck [SPOILER](CommieSubs), so I recommend watching on Hulu instead of Torrent, etc. The good subs refer to the tank sport as "Tankery" or "Sensha-Do". The crappy subs use "Panzerfahren".

NoiseHERO
Feb 2, 2013, 09:42 AM
Why they heads so big?

Enforcer MKV
Feb 2, 2013, 09:52 AM
Why they heads so big?

Because Anime.

Come on, Rock, get with the system. :V

But on topic, no, sorry, haven't seen anything like that. I'll keep my eyes peeled now, though.

BIG OLAF
Feb 2, 2013, 09:54 AM
What the fuck are Panzer Girls, and what the fuck are Panzer Girl 'symbols'?

Enforcer MKV
Feb 2, 2013, 09:55 AM
Pretty sure he means SAs.

And uh....googling it....it's about girls driving tanks.

...I'm serious, it's a school life story, as near as I can tell. With tanks.

BIG OLAF
Feb 2, 2013, 09:59 AM
So, it's classic Japan. Got it.

and I thought he meant like hidden pictures in the lobbies or something. He could have added the word 'art' to clarify, lol.

Jim
Feb 2, 2013, 10:05 AM
So, it's classic Japan. Got it.

and I thought he meant like hidden pictures in the lobbies or something. He could have added the word 'art' to clarify, lol.

A valid critique. Edited for clarity.

Jim
Feb 2, 2013, 10:24 AM
Pretty sure he means SAs.

And uh....googling it....it's about girls driving tanks.

...I'm serious, it's a school life story, as near as I can tell. With tanks.

haha Yeah, pretty much. Though, after episode 4 it's more like tanks with some school life elements instead of the other way around.

Enforcer MKV
Feb 2, 2013, 10:37 AM
haha Yeah, pretty much. Though, after episode 4 it's more like tanks with some school life elements instead of the other way around.

So...I mean, is it any good? The premise piques my curiosity from the shear fact that tanks are involved. :lol:

NoiseHERO
Feb 2, 2013, 10:43 AM

so it's like robotic;notes but backwards.

and replace robots with tanks.

and replace school life with a weird plot.

Jim
Feb 2, 2013, 10:47 AM
So...I mean, is it any good? The premise piques my curiosity from the shear fact that tanks are involved. :lol:

I have never really been into anime until recently, (had no interest due to a very superficial perspective on it, mostly formed by the weird ass anime kids at school who never shut up about stuff like Azu Manga Daioh, etc) so maybe I'm not the best person to ask; but I really like it a lot. Season got cut short, but it's coming back in March. Check it out (http://www.hulu.com/watch/429128#i0,p0,d0) and let me know what you think.

[SPOILER-BOX]Footnote: This show got me playing "World of Tanks". If anyone wants to add me, my name is SenshaDoJim.[/SPOILER-BOX]

NoiseHERO
Feb 2, 2013, 10:52 AM
I have never really been into anime until recently,

Oh that's why you're watching one with big headed girls...

You should watch some Akira...

Then you'll wanna play even more manly games!

Jim
Feb 2, 2013, 10:54 AM
Oh that's why you're watching one with big headed girls...

You should watch some Akira...

Then you'll wanna play even more manly games!

By "some Akira", do you mean the movie? I definitely love Akira and have for a long time! That and Dragonball Z have been with me since I was a teenager.

Edit: I'll be the first to say it; we may be in danger of going off-topic. :yes:

NoiseHERO
Feb 2, 2013, 10:58 AM
By "some Akira", do you mean the movie? I definitely love Akira and have for a long time! That and Dragonball Z have been with me since I was a teenager.

Excuse me,

I have to go finish my list of default Animes that don't suck/aren't typical/are classics that I can reccommend to people that don't normally watch anime to let them know only 98% of all anime is bad but 30% of it is still watchable... But that moe is still satan.

Also this thread was already half off topic don't wurry about it! 8D

Jim
Feb 2, 2013, 11:02 AM
Excuse me,

I have to go finish my list of default Animes that don't suck/aren't typical/are classics that I can reccommend to people that don't normally watch anime to let them know only 98% of all anime is bad but 30% of it is still watchable... But that moe is still satan.

Also this thread was already half off topic don't wurry about it! 8D

Haha if you're actually compiling suggestions, I'm all ears. It would probably be wise to PM them to me, else could spark a larger discussion about anime and we'll end up with a closed/moved thread.

Lostbob117
Feb 2, 2013, 11:20 AM
Haha if you're actually compiling suggestions, I'm all ears. It would probably be wise to PM them to me, else could spark a larger discussion about anime and we'll end up with a closed/FKL'd thread.

If you're looking for good anime here's some.

Kinda love story ones with action.

*Sword Art Online
*Mirai Nikka
*Angel Beats

Animecrazy.net' has these all and has a lot of other animes.

I was also told Toradora is good but yet to watch it.

NoiseHERO
Feb 2, 2013, 11:25 AM
If you're looking for good anime here's some.

Kinda love story ones with action.

*Sword Art Online
*Mirai Nikka
*Angel Beats

Animecrazy.net' has these all and has a lot of other animes.

I was also told Toradora is good but yet to watch it.

I'll start here...

I'd never put these in the list.

MAYBE mirai nikkI.

I sat through sword art online because it was so bad, it was hilarious... but half way through it was just way too painful to watch.

BIG OLAF
Feb 2, 2013, 11:30 AM
I despise anime yet still liked Trigun and Gurren Lagann. Suggest things to me.

Reiketsu
Feb 2, 2013, 11:33 AM
I'm probably the only person on this planet who thought Mirai Nikki sucked or rather... it had so much potential that was just wasted for that fucked up love story. I had expected so much more from it and was utterly disappointed (it had quite a few plotholes and a lot of stuff got never answered and therefore doesn't seem to make much sense).
Oh, and I absolutely hated Gasai Yuno. She's one of the most annoying anime characters ever.

NoiseHERO
Feb 2, 2013, 11:35 AM
I'm probably the only person on this planet who thought Mirai Nikki sucked or rather... it had so much potential that was just wasted for that fucked up love story. I had expected so much more from it and was utterly disappointed (it had quite a few plotholes and a lot of stuff got never answered and therefore doesn't seem to make much sense).
Oh, and I absolutely hated Gasai Yuno. She's one of the most annoying anime characters ever.

Oh my god... you're not alone...

Anyhow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9O6_N4mQBos

Lostbob117
Feb 2, 2013, 11:41 AM
Here's a really goofy anime http://www.animecrazy.net/astro-fighter-sunred-anime/

I never really got into it. But hey maybe one of you will.

Amaranthus
Feb 2, 2013, 11:43 AM
This thread just got interesting.. I haven't watched any anime at all until I recently watched SAO... which was a big disappointment. I would recommend:

Durarara !! and my all time favorite, Hunter x Hunter... And maybe Otogizoshi first season.. I don't really have much anime up my sleeve.. x . X

Jim
Feb 2, 2013, 11:44 AM
Haha this thread is doomed as soon as a mod sees it. :bash:

Can't say I mind the attention though. Not a lot of people know about Panzer, and I really want an SA of Yukari for my "found rare" autoword.

Sayara
Feb 2, 2013, 11:44 AM
Animes eh.
If it doesn't have wideface im out.
(no like really, i only watch "hidamari sketch" and that shit be widefacee)
(also moved this to off topic cuz. Well its about ANIMES! +^-^+)

Jim
Feb 2, 2013, 11:48 AM
Welp, we've officially been moved. Oh well. :disapprove:

NoiseHERO
Feb 2, 2013, 11:50 AM
This thread just got interesting.. I haven't watched any anime at all until I recently watched SAO... which was a big disappointment. I would recommend:

Durarara !! and my all time favorite, Hunter x Hunter... And maybe Otogizoshi first season.. I don't really have much anime up my sleeve.. x . X

I don't think the recent version of H x H was doing a bad job... Other than a censor of one of my favorite scenes that bugged me... e_e

I should watch the rest of what's out...

Also I'd reccomend the first few seasons of yuyu hakusho (before it starts getting dragged out into god knows what.)

Vintasticvin
Feb 2, 2013, 12:07 PM

Yeah I haven't seen SAO but I can tell it sucks balls and another cheap crack at .hack >_< Games that uses visors that kill people cmon! The only thing it kinda has good going for it is the music other then that I would take a epic dump on the anime and comics not care for it and light that sucka on fiya!

Black Nova
Feb 2, 2013, 12:30 PM
If you really want symbol art of the Panzer Girls? or whatever, why not just make it yourself? Honestly it isn't really complicated to do symbol art its just time consuming since the system they went with is kinda clunky and limited.

Jim
Feb 2, 2013, 01:22 PM
If you really want symbol art of the Panzer Girls? or whatever, why not just make it yourself? Honestly it isn't really complicated to do symbol art its just time consuming since the system they went with is kinda clunky and limited.

I'm no illustrator, so I wouldn't even know how to start really. Plus, I want really nice ones; especially after seeing the one I found of Mako. (I'll probably upload a pic when I get home from work tonight at 8 Central) I know there have to be more, I just need to find them.

Daiyousei
Feb 2, 2013, 05:28 PM
Oh lol I remember posting the Mako symbol art with a meseta ring in B20, you may have been there, but that Mako was the only one I have, I haven't seen any other SAs with other girls. I found that one during Falz Elder. you may have more luck in a non 20 block. There's some really nice SAs floating around where English players are usually absent.

Jim
Feb 2, 2013, 05:40 PM
Oh lol I remember posting the Mako symbol art with a meseta ring in B20, you may have been there, but that Mako was the only one I have, I haven't seen any other SAs with other girls. I found that one during Falz Elder. you may have more luck in a non 20 block. There's some really nice SAs floating around where English players are usually absent.

Yeah, the one with the Meseta ring is what I have.

Thanks for the info! Any news besides "what's Panzer?" is good to hear at this point.