PDA

View Full Version : Anyone buy AC recently?

acpstunts
Feb 3, 2013, 08:46 PM
For those of who purchased some recently. How did you do it? I just went through the process with my visa, only to find out they stopped taking international CC.

blace
Feb 3, 2013, 08:49 PM
They stopped accepting foreign cards again last month.

You can still purchase AC through WebMoney, by buying vouchers from online retailers.

acpstunts
Feb 3, 2013, 08:52 PM
Ah ok, so buying a voucher via a reseller is the only way? I couldnt set it up myself online

blace
Feb 3, 2013, 08:54 PM
You don't necessarily need to create an account with WebMoney, it'll ask you to enter the 12 digit code to retrieve the WebMoney.

GreenArcher
Feb 3, 2013, 09:00 PM
I use this website https://www.cn-usa.com/

You'll have to make an account and verify it (I did it with my cell phone). Slightly more expensive than buying direct, but better than nothing.

Kion
Feb 3, 2013, 10:24 PM
I buy prepaid bitcash, there also seems to be an option to charge your account by credit card directly. Might be cheaper than buying vouchers over the internets.

blace
Feb 3, 2013, 10:40 PM
I buy prepaid bitcash, there also seems to be an option to charge your account by credit card directly. Might be cheaper than buying vouchers over the internets.
That's if they accept foreign cards.

Kion
Feb 3, 2013, 10:43 PM
I don't see any reason why they wouldn't. My problem is that my credit company sees that the charge is coming from japan and auto-triggers their anti-theft algorithm or what ever and my bank cancels the charge. So I have to specifically call them to accept the charge every time I order something (which is why I just said fuck it).

blace
Feb 3, 2013, 10:50 PM
International charges, rates from the company the card is with, and as you mentioned cancellations from the bank.

It's easier to deal with a voucher code than through numerous hurdles set in place so that citizens of Japan can buy products online safely. Some of us would prefer to go through this without the extra baggage that comes with buying electronic products internationally.

Chik'Tikka
Feb 3, 2013, 11:14 PM
I don't see any reason why they wouldn't. My problem is that my credit company sees that the charge is coming from japan and auto-triggers their anti-theft algorithm or what ever and my bank cancels the charge. So I have to specifically call them to accept the charge every time I order something (which is why I just said fuck it).

were you doing this from the states? and if so was it with a bank Debit card (VISA/MC)? i wouldn't mind making a few phone calls if it would work in the end (and saves me $$, which is very scarce for me)+^_^+

Kion
Feb 4, 2013, 12:22 AM
I live in Japan, I changed all of my address information to my local address, but my bank still trolls me. So I gave up trying to deal with it.

Chik'Tikka
Feb 4, 2013, 12:45 AM
I live in Japan, I changed all of my address information to my local address, but my bank still trolls me. So I gave up trying to deal with it.

oh, i see, well, i had the brief hope someone had found some sort of loophole around the *all cards issued outside of Japan will not work* issue+^_^+

Klypto
Feb 4, 2013, 09:52 AM
Bank (or other) > Paypal (verified) > SutoCorp (verified ID) > WebMoney Card > AC

Paypal's US$ to Yen at the time was $1 to 88.xx„ (the average exchange that week)

5150 AC = 5000„ Yen ($56.xx) + 800„ Yen SutoCorp resale Markup 16%~ ($9.xx) = $65.xx total that week

(it's $64.01 this week with $1 to 90.61„ )

I don't like CN-USA because they charge an increasing markup on the dollar side (+35% and rising each week) which is crazy, especially since the Dollar to Yen is still going down.

(Meaning SutoCorp's markup and prices will decrease over time with the price of Yen while CA-USA's price will stay the same while simultaneously increasing their own markup margins)

acpstunts
Feb 4, 2013, 10:52 AM
Well i ended up buying from CN-USA,bit more than i wanted too spend but what can ya do. At first i bought 2000 and i go to enter it, and it required me to buy another 1000. So i spent about 45$ total for 3000 points.

GreenArcher
Feb 4, 2013, 11:18 AM
CN-USA lowered their prices a bit, though they are still more expensive than SutoCorp

1000 webmoney is $15.71 vs $14.56
5000 webmoney is $77.13 vs $62.55

Not much difference for low amounts, but buying in bulk is much better through SutoCorp

Alenoir
Feb 4, 2013, 11:49 AM

All of the issuers for online/virtual money that SEGA/PSO2 accepts specifically states that they will only take credit cards issued from a Japanese bank. .-.

Syaorandc
Feb 4, 2013, 08:37 PM

I had the same problem and so did my wife(she is Japanese) with all of our Japanese credit cards. So I just use the family mart next door. Much easier than dealing with Sega's horrible CC system.

All of the issuers for online/virtual money that SEGA/PSO2 accepts specifically states that they will only take credit cards issued from a Japanese bank. .-.
Mine are all issued by Japanese banks and don't work lol. Doesn't matter much though because Family mart is next door ^^v

Jim
Feb 4, 2013, 08:56 PM
CN USA confuse the hell out of me. Even after verifying my location and letting them call me with a verification code, they just canceled my transaction.

SuToCorp are excellent though. I have bought over 30,000 yen WebMoney through them for myself and my friends. I had to send them a picture of my ID when I registered, but a snap from your phone is fine and you can use MS Paint to black out all the info except for your name, birthday, picture, and address. (Basically, they're "carding you" like they would at a retail location, without needing sensitive information like your license number)

I place the orders with Paypal, and in less than 24 hours the code's in my E-mail inbox. Prices are competitive too. USD cent to JPY ratio through SuTo starts at ~1.5. (~1.1 is the normal ratio) That means 1000 yen/AC will cost you just over 15 bucks. Their best deal is 5000 yen/AC for $66 and change.

http://sutocorp.com/japanwebmoney/

Mushy2000
Feb 5, 2013, 07:04 PM
CN USA confuse the hell out of me. Even after verifying my location and letting them call me with a verification code, they just canceled my transaction.

SuToCorp are excellent though. I have bought over 30,000 yen WebMoney through them for myself and my friends. I had to send them a picture of my ID when I registered, but a snap from your phone is fine and you can use MS Paint to black out all the info except for your name, birthday, picture, and address. (Basically, they're "carding you" like they would at a retail location, without needing sensitive information like your license number)

I place the orders with Paypal, and in less than 24 hours the code's in my E-mail inbox. Prices are competitive too. USD cent to JPY ratio through SuTo starts at ~1.5. (~1.1 is the normal ratio) That means 1000 yen/AC will cost you just over 15 bucks. Their best deal is 5000 yen/AC for $66 and change.

http://sutocorp.com/japanwebmoney/
cn-usa i got my code instantly i prefer them

eharima
Feb 6, 2013, 11:45 AM
Well the emoney japan showed up on my bill on the 4th from that time they let us through,
Although now, it still redirects to verified by visa page it gives me the error page after ;-;