PDA

View Full Version : Force versus Ranger

Mio
Feb 4, 2013, 01:21 AM
Hello Psoworlders!
I recently started playing and I leveled Ranger to 33, Force to 23 and Hunter to 16.
I tried Gunner but I don't like it (Ranger FTW!)
My mag is pure R-ATK around level 70 atm.

So here's the question:
As much as I play Force, I feel it gimped compared to my Ranger. I do similar damage but I also have a huge PP consumption.
I skilled The PP tech charge skill from the fire tree and I'm now skilling the bolt tech PP reduction.
I find myself faster in killing enemies by using normal attacks of the Rappy launcher (with Ranger subjob)

Is this normal? I've read many topics saying Force is the king of trash mobs damage but I'm not feeling like it. I know I havd a Ranger mag but he's still in the 70.
If I compare a Rod force to a Rifle ranger I see the difference, but the launcher is either OP or I'm playing really badly.
Do you have advices and opinions on how to make Force more enjoyable?
Is it possible to buy another Mag with meseta?
If not around how many euros does it costs?

Raymee
Feb 4, 2013, 03:14 AM
Forces are indeed the most effective mobbers in MPAs.
You need to invest in a decent rod to start dishing some nice damage, as well as high level disks for better % and efficiency.

Sadly, you cannot buy mags with meseta.
You would need to spend 500 Yen on a mag, dunno how much that is in Euros since I live in North America.

Wait till you get your Force a good rod and then you'll enjoy playing it even more :)

Anduril
Feb 4, 2013, 03:33 AM
A mag costs 300AC which is roughly 2.5 Euro, but the minimum purchase amount of AC is 1000 which will cost about 8 Euro. The big problem is that you can't use a non-Japanese credit card to buy AC, so you have to buy the AC through Webmoney or Bitcash which is always at a markup; I've bought from cn-usa, and they will accept payments even from outside the United States, but their price for Webmoney is 1000 for about 11.5 Euro and they have a rather troublesome verification process.

Asirae
Feb 4, 2013, 03:38 AM
Have you tried using Zondeel much yet? Its really amazing being able to group up a large number of enemies and nuke them down in an instant.

As far as PP consumption goes, that's where techer subjob comes into play with PP Convert and PP Restore skills. Keep putting points in PP Reduction for Lightning, its well worth it.

You will need another mag tho, if you plan to make the switch to techer.

UnLucky
Feb 4, 2013, 03:47 AM
Are you charging your techs? Hold down the key/button until it pings, then release it.

First time I switched to Force I thought it was such garbage. The game probably tells you about it somewhere >_>

Asirae
Feb 4, 2013, 03:50 AM
Are you charging your techs? Hold down the key/button until it pings, then release it.

First time I switched to Force I thought it was such garbage. The game probably tells you about it somewhere >_>

True, I also didn't learn about "just attacks" till I was nearly 30.

When attacking a red glow appears around you, time your attacks when the red glow appears and you will do more bonus damage. Time this with a charged attack and go BOOM!

Crystal_Shard
Feb 4, 2013, 04:34 AM
Seems like you're pretty much on the right path really. A few pointers to push you in the right direction:

Are your techs as high a level as you can afford?
Are you using a weapon with a high T-Atk Output?
Are you using the right techs in the right situation?

Also:

Keep maxing out Tech Charge Advance 1 and 2 as you raise in levels and keep away from static T-Atk Ups unless you really need it
Use a subclass like Fighter and concentrate on Stances to boost your damage tremendously

Do note that your MAG is concentrated in R-ATK as well, which takes up points that could have been used for T-ATK instead.

Mio
Feb 4, 2013, 06:04 AM
Thanks for the useful info! Is there a guide on how to buy ark cash through cn-usa or other similar services?

I never tried Zondeel yet I guess I will buy it.

PS: I wish I wouldnt outgrow that awesome pink heart staff

Oh also, I cant seem to find level 11+ disks on player shops. Why's that?

redroses
Feb 4, 2013, 06:37 AM
Discs that are 11+ can only be found by yourself, as very hard mob drops. They are not tradeable. So you won't be able to access lv 11+ discs until you can do very hard.

For webmoney, there is also suto-corp. If you pay in euro, suto-corp is cheaper than cn-usa if I am not mistaken. When you sign up for suto-corp, you will have to send them some kind of ID, to confirm your identity. It can be your driver's license or, in my case, I just send them a screen of a letter that had my name and address on it.

blace
Feb 4, 2013, 06:37 AM
CN-USA is self explanatory, look for WebMoney, select the amount you want to buy, and if you use Google Checkout you don't need to go through a verification process.

Level 11+ discs can't be traded or sold in My Shop, the same for 10* and higher weapons and units.