PDA

View Full Version : Fortunate Omen?

kabutozero
Feb 5, 2013, 05:18 PM
I read a lot of people talking about Fortunate Omen , what does it exactly do ?

Seravi Edalborez
Feb 5, 2013, 05:41 PM
http://cirnopedia.frostsabre.com/ > Weapon Potential
"Boosts special weapon drop rates"

Arrow
Feb 5, 2013, 05:51 PM
excuse me as I point out something off topic...

cirno pedia

...and here I was trying to play PS to take a break/escape from Touhou...

kabutozero
Feb 5, 2013, 05:55 PM
yeah , like I said on my main post

"Exactly"

as in % increase , special weapon drop rate meaning what , high rarity , with X ability , or what?

UnLucky
Feb 5, 2013, 06:17 PM
excuse me as I point out something off topic...

...and here I was trying to play PS to take a break/escape from Touhou...
Fine then, just for you: No unrelated lolis here (http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fpso2.swiki.jp%2Findex.php%3F%25E6%2 5BD%259C%25E5%259C%25A8%25E8%2583%25BD%25E5%258A%2 59B)

kabutozero
Feb 5, 2013, 06:22 PM
Din't get much D: more than 7 degrees means rare weapons?

Arrow
Feb 5, 2013, 06:27 PM
Fine then, just for you: No unrelated lolis here (http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fpso2.swiki.jp%2Findex.php%3F%25E6%2 5BD%259C%25E5%259C%25A8%25E8%2583%25BD%25E5%258A%2 59B)

I was more suprised to see the Touhou themed wiki...
ever since I found out what Touhou is, (and became assimilated into the fandom), I have yet to find something now that has no tie to Touhou.

....which is not exactly a bad thing....

Hrith
Feb 5, 2013, 10:22 PM
It does not increase the rate of weapons (or other items) dropping, it increases the rate of weapons that do drop coming in a SPECIAL WEAPON state - so you can assign an element and a unique ability. Ugh, another site full of mistakes ans errors, wonderful.

IndigoNovember
Feb 5, 2013, 11:09 PM
It does not increase the rate of weapons (or other items) dropping, it increases the rate of weapons that do drop coming in a SPECIAL WEAPON state - so you can assign an element and a unique ability. Ugh, another site full of mistakes ans errors, wonderful.

This site is from the same guy who made the google doc which I assume you are referencing.

Oh and the wording has always been like that in the English community as far as I can remember ┐('~`;)┌ .

kabutozero
Feb 6, 2013, 03:53 AM
so it does increase the drop rate of UNTEKKED items rigt? so altogether it increases the drop rate of rare items

I read of people who got it to skill +3 or even +5 and started seeing more rares a week

gigawuts
Feb 6, 2013, 04:11 AM
so it does increase the drop rate of UNTEKKED items rigt? so altogether it increases the drop rate of rare items

I read of people who got it to skill +3 or even +5 and started seeing more rares a week

This isn't known, due to the uncertain wording. It could be that untekked items drop at a rate of 1/100, and tekked items drop at a rate of 1/100 - in this case, rare drops would go up with fortunate omen (to let's say 1.5/100 or even 1.5/100.5 ha ha haaaaaaa, the possibilities are pretty silly since nobody knows the finer details of the drop system).

But it could also easily be that rares drop at a rate of 2/100, and half of them are untekked. In that case, it would increase the number of untekked rares, but decrease the number of tekked rares (This is actually a bad way of thinking about it - here "tekked" and "untekked" are attributes of a rare you find - they're not two distinct categories).

Grady219
Feb 6, 2013, 01:03 PM
This isn't known, due to the uncertain wording. It could be that untekked items drop at a rate of 1/100, and tekked items drop at a rate of 1/100 - in this case, rare drops would go up with fortunate omen (to let's say 1.5/100 or even 1.5/100.5 ha ha haaaaaaa, the possibilities are pretty silly since nobody knows the finer details of the drop system).

But it could also easily be that rares drop at a rate of 2/100, and half of them are untekked. In that case, it would increase the number of untekked rares, but decrease the number of tekked rares (This is actually a bad way of thinking about it - here "tekked" and "untekked" are attributes of a rare you find - they're not two distinct categories).

What I'm thinking is that the RNG has a set chance of giving you a rare, regardless of it being tekked or untekked. If you get said rare on the RNG, it rolls again to determine if it is tekked or untekked. Fortunate omen would then increase the chance of a rare you find being untekked rather than increase the chance finding the item all together.

GreenArcher
Feb 6, 2013, 02:54 PM
What I'm thinking is that the RNG has a set chance of giving you a rare, regardless of it being tekked or untekked. If you get said rare on the RNG, it rolls again to determine if it is tekked or untekked. Fortunate omen would then increase the chance of a rare you find being untekked rather than increase the chance finding the item all together.

I think this is accurate from personal experience. I've had my lambda vraolet with fortunate omen lv3 since November, and use it quite a lot. It is very rare for me to find a 7*+ weapon drop tekked