PDA

View Full Version : English patch

Chaos Emperor
Feb 5, 2013, 05:21 PM
Hey guys and gals.

So I am an old school PSO player from way back when and seen this game and was like OMG!

So I decided to start playing it. So far I am lvl 14 and love it yet I have downloaded the English patch and only a few things are translated.

So here is the question.... Is there a better English patch with more detail? As in a lot of the items are translated such as grinders, monomates, etc?

Also, where is the majority of the English speaking people? I am on ship 2 and try to stay on block 20,21,22,23.

<3

Zefirus
Feb 5, 2013, 05:24 PM
No. Item data is stored server side, so it's impossible to translate it.

Shadowth117
Feb 5, 2013, 05:24 PM
Hey guys and gals.

So I am an old school PSO player from way back when and seen this game and was like OMG!

So I decided to start playing it. So far I am lvl 14 and love it yet I have downloaded the English patch and only a few things are translated.

So here is the question.... Is there a better English patch with more detail? As in a lot of the items are translated such as grinders, monomates, etc?

Also, where is the majority of the English speaking people? I am on ship 2 and try to stay on block 20,21,22,23.

<3

Actually, quite a bit of the game is translated if you download the whole thing. There is even a patch for the story mode. However strings that are stored server side (see: items and their descriptions) are not changeable ingame without heavily modifying the executable or server. And clearly neither of those is a very reasonable idea to mess with.

Klypto
Feb 5, 2013, 07:23 PM
Well they could intercept the packets and re-write the item names as they come in and reverse it on the way out, but then gameguard might not be too happy and there would a a slightly longer delay when dealing with items.

Chik'Tikka
Feb 6, 2013, 01:33 AM
Well they could intercept the packets and re-write the item names as they come in and reverse it on the way out, but then gameguard might not be too happy and there would a a slightly longer delay when dealing with items.

that would not be liked by GG i imagine like you said, plus it would mean altering and adding a significant amount of code into the game which i would imagine would require months of work and it could be game breaking if it worked including adding more lag to most who already suffer 250+ms PING with the JP servers (plus if a "Translated" packet is sent back and SEGAC catches on, they could ban the IP your using)+^_^+ better and simpler to alt+tab to http://cirnopedia.frostsabre.com/ imo+^_^+