PDA

View Full Version : omg is the server down

EvilMag
Feb 5, 2013, 07:24 PM
brb committing suicideeeeeeeeeeee. ;---------------;

In all seriousness what are you doing right now since the server is down? I'm playing my pokemans right now.

BIG OLAF
Feb 5, 2013, 07:26 PM
Oh, the "NOT Lillipan Wonder Caravan" update, right. I'm watching hockey. Game started at 7:00, so perfect timing.

Ezodagrom
In all seriousness what are you doing right now since the server is down? I'm playing my pokemans right now.
Going to play a bunch of random games on Steam for a while and then head to sleep.

Anduril
Watching Youtube. Gonna go get started on dinner soon.

Blackheart521
Feb 5, 2013, 07:27 PM
Game Grumps and Did You Know Gaming for me while I wait. ^^

Angry_Ryudo
Feb 5, 2013, 07:28 PM
Sleeping time.

The Walrus
Feb 5, 2013, 07:29 PM
Working then hanging out with this group is assholes I call my friends.

Seravi Edalborez
Feb 5, 2013, 07:29 PM
Trying TERA. Went F2P today.

Jungo Torii
Feb 5, 2013, 07:31 PM
Watching an LP of Pokemon Colosseum.

...I'm sorry, that game REALLY has not aged well visually, and the animations can be terribad at times.

Schoolwork later.

Alenoir
Feb 5, 2013, 07:32 PM
SamuDora time. PSO2 collabo going on over there.

BIG OLAF
Feb 5, 2013, 07:32 PM

Oh, it was today? Nice, I'll start playing again.

Cyron Tanryoku
Feb 5, 2013, 07:33 PM
Just got home, logged on. "Maintenance begins in 1 minute."

... ; ;

That just gives us more time to max our social links, AIDA

MetalDude
Feb 5, 2013, 07:35 PM
Crap, I completely forgot the AQ update is next week. Welp, now to be bored for another week.

Xaeris
Feb 5, 2013, 07:35 PM
I guess I have more time to write tonight.

Klypto
Feb 5, 2013, 07:41 PM
Sitting in class reading your posts and laughing.

Also randomly watching youtube videos of people on here who have links to their youtube accounts...

Some weird stuff man.

LK1721
Feb 5, 2013, 07:43 PM
Probably draw and read.

Dnd
Feb 5, 2013, 07:43 PM
Going to play fire emblem: path of radiance again in easy mode, still need 4 more completed playthroughs so nephenee, jill or marcia can have the wishblade in the trial maps :3

Valkyrie Lovrina
Feb 5, 2013, 07:44 PM
good this doesn't effect me that much since I'll be asleep this night. listening to music now. ^^

Caledonia
Feb 5, 2013, 08:02 PM
http://www.simonscat.com/Films/

Then sleep

Vintasticvin
Feb 5, 2013, 08:09 PM
Fixing to post a fiction on here based on my mary sue esque character (Whos back story I have been developing while at work)

Exxy
Feb 5, 2013, 08:11 PM
World Domination.

what about you guys?

ReaperTheAbsol
Feb 5, 2013, 08:11 PM
I'm watching a P4G playthrough at the moment. I gotta work on dinner soon, but I can balance the two... Kinda.

UnLucky
Feb 5, 2013, 08:19 PM
And my FE:Awakening arrived today.

Do I do both at once?

DS23
Feb 5, 2013, 08:20 PM
Listening to the Giant Bombcast, my usual Tuesday thang.

Chaosdev
Feb 5, 2013, 08:22 PM
Playing persona 4 the Golden and Ragnarok online 2, maybe watch game grumps later and waiting for dead space 3 to download.

blace
Feb 5, 2013, 08:26 PM
Probably end up playing through P4G again. Currently at work with nothing to do, but read up on fictional stuff about your every day object with other worldly properties.

CJ Johnny
Feb 5, 2013, 08:26 PM
Every bloody week, and it is a weekly alarm.

Administration.

PLEASE.

Insert a LED Billboard at the front Page, that says when maintenance will perform.

I am sure it will benefit in future as well.

Oh! Leave it on 7/24.

Thank You for your time.

Gardios
Feb 5, 2013, 08:29 PM
I should probably go to bed instead of staying awake and then falling asleep in class...

Kimil Adrayne
Feb 5, 2013, 08:30 PM
Son of a Bitch. Literally got off work and went to my hotel, with nothing else to do but play PSO2. Guess I'll watch the M*A*S*H marathon.

Cyron Tanryoku
Feb 5, 2013, 08:32 PM
I might play Superman 64 just because I found it in the drawer today

Midori Oku
Feb 5, 2013, 08:34 PM

That game is awesome! And by awesome I mean absolute shit!

UnLucky
Feb 5, 2013, 08:40 PM
why was it not locked up tight with no key to speak of?

Jim
Feb 5, 2013, 08:45 PM
I started the Phantasy Star trilogy on my GS3 tonight. Just got to the town on the coast, East of where you start.

wtosh
Feb 5, 2013, 08:46 PM
When will the server be back up?

Xaeris
Feb 5, 2013, 08:46 PM
Scheduled for the usual time, 3 AM EST.

wtosh
Feb 5, 2013, 08:48 PM
Scheduled for the usual time, 3 PM EST.

So now until 3pm EST? (First time playing)

Xaeris
Feb 5, 2013, 08:49 PM
Yup. Naturally, that's not written in stone. They may be up earlier, or the maintenance may get extended. Seeing as there's no major update tonight, the former is more likely than the latter.

Noc Codez
Feb 5, 2013, 08:50 PM
Isn't it 3am not 3pm? Or did they change it this week?

BIG OLAF
Feb 5, 2013, 08:51 PM
I think you meant 3AM.

Xaeris
Feb 5, 2013, 08:52 PM
Yes, I did. Oops.

blace
Feb 5, 2013, 08:52 PM
You mean 3AM right? Unless it's a 15 hour maintenance, itse normally until 3AM.

Edit: People already said it before me. Damn phone lag.

Cyron Tanryoku
Feb 5, 2013, 08:53 PM
why was it not locked up tight with no key to speak of?
Locks cost money and I'm too poor
Maybe

Kimil Adrayne
Feb 5, 2013, 08:53 PM
God, 1 am my time... Off to something else I suppose.

EvilMag
Feb 5, 2013, 08:54 PM
That game is awesome! And by awesome I mean absolute shit!

I remember playing that on a emulator and the controls didn't feel THAT bad. Then again I was using a 360 controller and I know how awful the N64 controller is. *painful memories of Mario Party*

Jim
Feb 5, 2013, 08:54 PM
Oh, the "NOT Lillipan Wonder Caravan" update, right.

Is any new content being added at all? Or is it just maintenance and bugs?

Noc Codez
Feb 5, 2013, 08:56 PM
I think you meant 3AM.

Thanks blue... Got scared having pso2 withdrawals..

wtosh
Oh I guess 5-5 hours more or less

BIG OLAF
Is any new content being added at all? Or is it just maintenance and bugs?

Should just be maintenance and minor bug fixes (that never do anything).

blace
New clothes and such every few months, nothing worth noting if you're not interested in the new fashion.

BIG OLAF
Feb 5, 2013, 08:59 PM
New clothes and such every few months, nothing worth noting if you're not interested in the new fashion.

"Every few months"? It's a little more frequent than that. Either way, he was talking about tonight's maintenance.

wtosh
Feb 5, 2013, 09:02 PM
Do we have to re-patch and re apply the english patch?

blace
Feb 5, 2013, 09:03 PM
"Every few months"? It's a little more frequent than that. Either way, he was talking about tonight's maintenance.

Fine, every month. Nothing spectacular as usual either way.

@wtosh: You'll need to check the site with the patch to see if there's an update.

Xaeris
Feb 5, 2013, 09:06 PM
When there's no content update, it's usually sufficient to just reinstall the same version of the patch you were using before. Always check for an update though.

wtosh
Feb 5, 2013, 09:06 PM
Fine, every month. Nothing spectacular as usual either way.

@wtosh: You'll need to check the site with the patch to see if there's an update.

Oh, I do but I heard that everytime there's some new for pso2 jp it will crash if we apply the english patch or something like that.

blace
Feb 5, 2013, 09:09 PM
Oh, I do but I heard that everytime there's some new for pso2 jp it will crash if we apply the english patch or something like that.

It'll crash if you're using an old patch with major updates.

RadiantLegend
Feb 5, 2013, 09:13 PM
Just got home, logged on. "Maintenance begins in 1 minute."

... ; ;

Had the same deal. -_-

wtosh
Feb 5, 2013, 09:23 PM
It'll crash if you're using an old patch with major updates.

Ohhhhhh, okay. gotcha

Kingsemiazas
Feb 5, 2013, 09:58 PM
Are we there yet? I need to griiiind some mobz NOW!

Xaeris
Feb 5, 2013, 10:00 PM
This'll help you get your PSO2 fix while the servers are down: http://justwebware.com/powerball/powerball.html

xxxHolic Waltz
Feb 5, 2013, 10:01 PM
So... and bear with me here since I don't play PSO2 all that often but from what I can gather the servers are down for usual maintenance, right? I know I was booted from the game and now the servers are coming up as offline but I would assume that you'd get a notice about that rather than the random error codes that I've been getting. I was about to reinstall the game but I guess I'll wait.

Is there a place that keeps track of when the scheduled down times will be?

Jim
Feb 5, 2013, 10:03 PM
So... and bear with me here since I don't play PSO2 all that often but from what I can gather the servers are down for usual maintenance, right? I know I was booted from the game and now the servers are coming up as offline but I would assume that you'd get a notice about that rather than the random error codes that I've been getting. I was about to reinstall the game but I guess I'll wait.

Is there a place that keeps track of when the scheduled down times will be?

Server maintenance is every Tuesday night as far as I know. Not sure what time they go down because I work 3 PM to 11 PM on Tuesdays, but they're always back up by 2AM Central time.

Akaimizu
Feb 5, 2013, 10:06 PM
Strange. The servers were down for maintenance last night, too. I'm curious what that maintenance was about. Or perhaps this is a 24 hr maintenance. Not sure if anybody has been on today.

Jim
Feb 5, 2013, 10:13 PM
Strange. The servers were down for maintenance last night, too. I'm curious what that maintenance was about. Or perhaps this is a 24 hr maintenance. Not sure if anybody has been on today.

Huh, that's weird. I was on here and there last night and didn't notice any maintenance. I was definitely on today from 1PM to 2PM Central time though.

Akaimizu
Feb 5, 2013, 10:17 PM
Ok. Maybe it was the timing of it all. I saw all the servers greyed out and had the maintenance text with them, but perhaps that time they were down for a short time.

Cyron Tanryoku
Feb 5, 2013, 10:24 PM
or your connection had a problem.
It sometimes happens

Laxedrane
Feb 5, 2013, 10:27 PM
Getting close to beating the New Devil May Cry. Think I am on the last 1 or 2 missions.

blace
Feb 5, 2013, 10:29 PM
Getting close to beating the New Devil May Cry. Think I am on the last 1 or 2 missions.

Spoiler: Dantes hair turns white.

Ezodagrom
Feb 5, 2013, 10:30 PM
Opened the launcher, it's doing a file check, it should be possible to download the update now (most likely it's small, since it's just a bug fixes and server adjustments maintenance).

EDIT: As expected, the update is small, just 12 files or so.

xxxHolic Waltz
Feb 5, 2013, 10:34 PM
Server maintenance is every Tuesday night as far as I know. Not sure what time they go down because I work 3 PM to 11 PM on Tuesdays, but they're always back up by 2AM Central time.

Good to know, thanks for the details, man.

I was on earlier this evening sometime after 6PM EST and I DID notice some scrolling text on the top of my screen but since I haven't played much of PSO2 nor do I know a lick of Japanese I didn't know if it was a maintenance or event message.

Anyway, I can confirm that the maintenance wasn't 24 hours, since last night, I mean. Since I created a new character to get on ship 2 and played a few quests after work today.

Akaimizu
Feb 5, 2013, 10:40 PM
or your connection had a problem.
It sometimes happens

Maybe. Just strange that it would affect only PSO2.

blace
Feb 5, 2013, 10:43 PM
Maybe. Just strange that it would affect only PSO2.

Happens on and off for me, but it was after the last update. Just restarting the game resolves it.

wtosh
Feb 5, 2013, 10:57 PM
Opened the launcher, it's doing a file check, it should be possible to download the update now (most likely it's small, since it's just a bug fixes and server adjustments maintenance).

EDIT: As expected, the update is small, just 12 files or so.

Server is up?

Jim
Feb 5, 2013, 11:00 PM
Server is up?

Most likely not. The patchs come out hours before maintenance ends so everyone can get ready to play once the servers go back online.

xxxHolic Waltz
Feb 5, 2013, 11:03 PM
Server is up?

I patched a bit too and the servers still seem down. Their status is still reading offline/grayed out for me. Guess I'll check tomorrow then.

tigsinspace
Feb 5, 2013, 11:05 PM
I just finished activating my account... went to log in and was getting the 603 error hopefully its just because the servers are down because I know my info is right but idk!! :( how long will they be down?

Jim
Feb 5, 2013, 11:08 PM
I patched a bit too and the servers still seem down. Their status is still reading offline/grayed out for me. Guess I'll check tomorrow then.

I just finished activating my account... went to log in and was getting the 603 error hopefully its just because the servers are down because I know my info is right but idk!! :( how long will they be down?

Patches are released for download during maintenance, but the servers will stay down until 2 AM Central time. (Could be up a little sooner, just depends.)

tigsinspace
Feb 5, 2013, 11:10 PM
ok, and do you think the login error i was getting was because the servers are down?

wtosh
Feb 5, 2013, 11:10 PM
I love learning new stuff related to games.

blace
Feb 5, 2013, 11:12 PM
ok, and do you think the login error i was getting was because the servers are down?
Try again in 4-5 hours when the servers are actually up.

Jim
Feb 5, 2013, 11:18 PM

603 is usually related to login criteria problems (IE you got your username or password wrong). However, I don't know if this code can come back as a result of maintenance or not, so there may not be a problem with the info you're entering. Just remember these simple facts in the meantime...

Your Sega ID must be entered in all lowercase
Passwords are case-sensative
When you created your password, you were required to use letters and numbers, but Caps and symbols are not mandatory. (In case it's been a while since you made your account)
Just because you have a Sega ID does not mean it's been enabled for use with PSO2. If you're unsure about whether you got your registration right, use this guide (http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-pre-open-beta-registration-guide/) for reference.

If you don't think any of those are the issue, just try logging in when the servers come back up at 2 AM Central time. If you keep having problems, I'll be watching PSOW for most of the night, so you can PM me here.

Chik'Tikka
Feb 5, 2013, 11:21 PM
Gears 3, appears there's double EXP+^_^+

xxxHolic Waltz
Feb 5, 2013, 11:30 PM
If you don't think any of those are the issue, just try logging in when the servers come back up at 2 AM Central time.

Yeah, I'd definitely wait before I go messing around thing re-downloading the client/patching or trying to see if your log-in is correct. I was playing normally, got booted, then received various "errors" trying to log back in before I read that the servers were down for everyone.

Oh and according to @PSO2Arkive...

"#PSO2 maintenance will begin two hours earlier than normal this week. (9:00 - 17:00 JST)" (https://twitter.com/pso2arkive/status/298447298139127808)

So, 2 AM Central sounds about right.

Ah, well. Looks like I may as well crash for the night then.

BIG OLAF
Feb 5, 2013, 11:34 PM
Played Torchlight 2 for a little bit. I wanted to boot up TERA, but I don't remember how to play it, haha. Would look fuckin' stupid being a Lv. 48 running around, having no clue what I'm doing and getting rolled on by simple mobs.

Blackheart521
Feb 5, 2013, 11:36 PM
Played Torchlight 2 for a little bit. I wanted to boot up TERA, but I don't remember how to play it, haha. Would look fuckin' stupid being a Lv. 48 running around, having no clue what I'm doing and getting rolled on by simple mobs.

Solo some mobs... jog that memory ^^;

Chik'Tikka
Feb 5, 2013, 11:39 PM

(how i felt when i came back to PSO2 after 3 months, and on an unfamiliar class at that)
+^_^+ i got rolled on by the slowest dagans+^_^+

Blackheart521
Feb 5, 2013, 11:58 PM
(how i felt when i came back to PSO2 after 3 months, and on an unfamiliar class at that)

Same here actually haha... did normal Naberius TA Solo at level 40 Hunter... died before getting out of the forest area haha ^^;

Then I realized all of my units were unequipped.

Chik'Tikka
Feb 6, 2013, 12:15 AM
Same here actually haha... did normal Naberius TA Solo at level 40 Hunter... died before getting out of the forest area haha ^^;

Then I realized all of my units were unequipped.

i accidentally NPCed a 5 mill HU pallet+^_^+ (5 mill as of November, like 1 mill now, still felt like a 馬鹿)

Vintasticvin
Feb 6, 2013, 01:29 AM

There is no shame in asking for help of course at a high level I suppose it could be dangerous and risk being called a "fail noob". Maybe they can cut you guys some slack if they know your situation x^_^x