PDA

View Full Version : ::Speculation:: ...any ideas when the US release date will be announced?

GtSaiyaMan
Feb 6, 2013, 11:54 AM
I've been waiting to here about when PSO2 will be released stateside. Anyone have info or thoughts on when this will happen?

Massaki
Feb 6, 2013, 12:12 PM
It'll be announced when it's ready to be announced, that's all there is to it.

Cagedtaytay
Feb 6, 2013, 12:31 PM
I've been waiting to here about when PSO2 will be released stateside. Anyone have info or thoughts on when this will happen?

Theres no info to base speculation on at all.

Coatl
Feb 6, 2013, 12:37 PM
When sega remembers about it.

Seravi Edalborez
Feb 6, 2013, 12:40 PM
When Half-Life2 Episode 3 is announced.
Oops I just delayed that for another month by mentioning it.

ReaperTheAbsol
Feb 6, 2013, 12:42 PM
I think it comes out when it comes out. I hope that helps! :)

Enforcer MKV
Feb 6, 2013, 12:47 PM
Disregarding the...less than serious responses; no, we honestly don't have much idea as to when a release date will be announced. I'd imagine it'd be released before September, but who knows.

So many people keep asking; I think a banner on the frontpage or somewhere with heavy traffic saying "NO, WE DON'T KNOW WHEN EN PSO2 IS BEING RELEASED" may be in order.

I'm not saying it to be a jerk; but it'd save everyone a lot of time if we could cut down on these threads.

Coatl
Feb 6, 2013, 12:48 PM
Would be funny if they announced it coming out at the end of 2013. >_>

Dr.No
Feb 6, 2013, 12:50 PM
Honestly, they may reveal some more info at E3 or something.

UnLucky
Feb 6, 2013, 12:51 PM
never

it's not coming out

quit asking

GtSaiyaMan
Feb 6, 2013, 12:52 PM
Disregarding the...less than serious responses; no, we honestly don't have much idea as to when a release date will be announced. I'd imagine it'd be released before September, but who knows.

So many people keep asking; I think a banner on the frontpage or somewhere with heavy traffic saying "NO, WE DON'T KNOW WHEN EN PSO2 IS BEING RELEASED" may be in order.

I'm not saying it to be a jerk; but it'd save everyone a lot of time if we could cut down on these threads.

..thanks for the only response with substance... this is a general PSO2 discussion board.. i saw no other threads on the first few pages regarding this..so i don't think it was a crime to post the topic.. To those who gave... "less than useful" responses, you don't have to respond at all. thanks.

GtSaiyaMan
Feb 6, 2013, 12:53 PM
Honestly, they may reveal some more info at E3 or something.

man...i hope so. cant WAIT to get my hands on this. Especially for my PS Vita!!

Seravi Edalborez
Feb 6, 2013, 12:56 PM
..thanks for the only response with substance... this is a general PSO2 discussion board.. i saw no other threads on the first few pages regarding this..so i don't think it was a crime to post the topic.. To those who gave... "less than useful" responses, you don't have to respond at all. thanks.

This topic comes up literally every week. And everyone says the same thing every time:

"We don't know yet, you'll know when we do. Check the front page, it will be there when something is announced."

Not meaning to be rude. It just gets old.

Sierhiet
Feb 6, 2013, 12:56 PM
Anticipating news just as much as you are, but there are threads regarding this already on the front page.
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204300

We need a sticky.

GtSaiyaMan
Feb 6, 2013, 12:57 PM
...le sigh. Thanks for the info i guess..

ReaperTheAbsol
Feb 6, 2013, 12:59 PM
I'm not trying to be mean to you, GtSaiyaMan, but there's already TWO threads regarding localization that can easily be accessed in the recent threads. Nobody knows, and nobody will know until the information is delivered by Sega themselves. (Look at 'Still no news on Western release?' & 'Guys I'm stoked.' if you wanna see other responses regarding the same topic.)

All I can say is it comes out anywhere from today to never.

Edit: Also nobody means any harm, but this topic gets brought up too often and becomes rather... Stale. I can guarantee PSO-W's frontpage will announce the news you want when it is official.

Enforcer MKV
Feb 6, 2013, 01:02 PM
*Pats Gt's back* Sorry man; really wish we could be of more help, but we're as in the dark about this as you are.

Googlebonker
Feb 6, 2013, 07:42 PM
I speculate it will be released in June but will die out within three days due to hacking and lack of a response from SEGAC. loljoking

I do really speculate June or before, though.

The Walrus
Feb 6, 2013, 07:44 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if that happened tbh.

That said I'm expecting a release date at E3 at this point.

NoiseHERO
Feb 6, 2013, 09:15 PM
Didn't they say a long time ago very vaguely that we'd get something around now-ish?

OH NO that was vita stuff... nevermind...

What Coatl's first post said, then.

eharima
Feb 6, 2013, 10:16 PM
Shenmue 3 scheduled for release before pso2

Skyly
Feb 6, 2013, 10:18 PM
The people complaining about another PSO2 western release thread I'm sure play JP. So you're opinion is very biased.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 6, 2013, 11:42 PM
...if there's more than one thread about the same thing and both are active there's a problem - case closed

SC
Feb 7, 2013, 12:37 AM
Looking at SEGA as a whole, I reckon PSO2 EU/US release, on either PC/Vita/iOS/Android will be released either mid 2013 (Jun-Aug time) or Late 2013 (Oct-Dec time).

Looking at previous SEGA releases, I have noticed (I cannot say this for all people) The US/EU communities have had releases roughly between five to eight months after its initial release in Japan. I personally feel that this is to SoJ can get a feel for it, and then hypothesise it's potential in the western community. Now please note I said SEGA as a whole, not just one of their projects.

Now again, SEGA, with PSO/PSU/PSP have always faced criticism with the western communities. They have always released it roughly five to eight months after their main release in Japan. Why, personally I don't know, I can only speculate, but that is how I've personally seen it. I would have thought that they should have done a worldwide closed beta, give allocated amounts to each 'zone' (JP/EU/US) and then from that, see how well it does, and then go from there.

Now this is where I suggest SEGA take a page from Nintendo's book. Nintendo have announced Pokemon X and Y. They have also confirmed that it will have a WORLDWIDE release date, to stop the advantage that JP will have over the US, and the advantage then of the US and JP having over the EU. And I believe that they are right in doing so, give everyone a level pegging as it were.

Ultimately, all this is speculation, and there is nothing I can do, or ultimately, anyone can do, other than the people at SoA/SoE, can make it come out any faster, or give us release dates.

But to the people that haven't read all the forums, I offer this statement:

To those that think 'Oh, we are not getting PSO2, moan moan moan', you are mistaken. SEGA have announced that we will get PSO2, they have not given a release date. This tells us one thing. WE WILL GET PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2 AT SOME POINT! SO PULL YOUR NECK IN, STOP POSTING IDIOTIC THINGS, AND LETS ALL GET ALONG, YEAH?

Sorry. ^ ^ ^

Hope that helps peeps.

SC

Maronji
Feb 7, 2013, 01:15 AM
I think what it ultimately comes down to is this:

There's still plenty of time in Early 2013 (the time frame given by the original press release (http://www.pso-world.com/news/02455-sega-officially-announces-western-release-pso2-2013)) left to go. As long as it's Early 2013, they have all the time in the world to tell us something before we have a legitimate reason to start freaking out and causing riots in the streets.

*This user does not actually think mass-freaking out or street riots will happen if Early 2013 passes without a word from Sega of America about the western release of Phantasy Star Online 2.*

So, really, all we can do is wait and see what happens while it's still Early 2013.

May0
Feb 7, 2013, 05:53 AM
WE WILL GET PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2 AT SOME POINT! SO PULL YOUR NECK IN, STOP POSTING IDIOTIC THINGS, AND LETS ALL GET ALONG, YEAH?

Sorry. ^ ^ ^

Hope that helps peeps.

SC

I've been rather pessimistic about the issue as of late but I'm sure the game will get released in the US. The issue many others and myself have is the overall lack of interest or excitement about the release in general. Those not already on the JP server have seen enough of the gameplay to have a decent idea of what its like and the overall consensus is "meets expectations". Some people expected this, others were let down, and others think its great.

I've said before most people here probably play a variety of games. By the time PSO2 is released I'm not sure there's going to be enough hype for PSO2 to really get people to come to it. I'm assuming of course everything goes well during the launch and we get a fully up to date game that has all of the features of its Japanese counterpart.

That is to say, even with PSO2's best launch scenario it's competing with every other MMO out there. This isn't the early days of 2000 or 2004. There are a shit tone of MMOs that offer a variety of themes, gameplay, and art styles. I'm going to be into Tera/World of tanks most likely. If I have time I'll see if PSO2 is all its cracked up to be.

Personally I'm not all that excited about it. This is based on my speculation from what I've read and seen about the game so far. My disposition may change as news about the game develops but right now I'm not wet at the gums for PSO2. I'm willing to bet others share my sentiments and are playing other games in the interim.

Googlebonker
Feb 7, 2013, 10:34 AM
I'm assuming of course everything goes well during the launch and we get a fully up to date game that has all of the features of its Japanese counterpart.

lol I wouldn't be surprised if non-JP PSO2 runs 8-12 months behind JPPSO2 on updates.

gigawuts
Feb 7, 2013, 10:53 AM
There's two plausible outcomes, given Sega's track record and how modern gaming tends to be implemented

1. An exact 1:1 patch-for-patch release schedule, possibly sped up and compiled into fewer patches.
2. A release with lots of bugfixes and balance fixes (Possibly more work, but many of these were needed to improve the game as a whole - CO changes, weapon behavior changes, etc.)

Then there's the wishful thinking option: Everything is released pretty much up to schedule with the JP version, barring cosmetics which are either 1 year beyond or way out of whack with the seasons.

I'd like the EN version to launch with a handful of changes to things like the gacha system, which does not sell particularly well in the west, as well as reduced prices and/or the ability to buy some of these things with ingame currency (1 excube = 100-150 fake AC, let's say, for only extra skill trees or something). I wouldn't bet any money on this, but I think it would improve the experience as a whole for everyone if things like this became options. Account bound 10*'s...I'm not imagining those going away, but either being made more common (bad solution) or a fallback title system would be good. That wouldn't be too much work and would be entirely possible to do with the current system, but then again in their mind it means while tens of thousands of players would be happier three or four other players would use fewer 150% rare droprate tickets out of desperation before saying F this game :wacko:
edit:
That is to say, even with PSO2's best launch scenario it's competing with every other MMO out there. This isn't the early days of 2000 or 2004. There are a shit tone of MMOs that offer a variety of themes, gameplay, and art styles. I'm going to be into Tera/World of tanks most likely. If I have time I'll see if PSO2 is all its cracked up to be.
This is the biggest point, yeah. PSO isn't going to be the only thing around this time. It's going to have to compete directly with pre-existing games. This is going to be held up next to the most popular and most successful F2P games available. Many have been established and going strong for years. Many of those were popular before going F2P. To take on those games in a sustainable way PSO2 will need to cut the irritating shit right now. No more charging for the most inane BS. No more irreversible mistakes permanently tied to your character that can only be fixed with real cash. Their competition has none of that shit. I don't know what kind of weapon improvement system similar games have, but PSO2 will need to say "Oh, that shit? Yeah we took that and made it more fun. Come pay us to give you entertainment."

When you go into an established market you do not do it with established ideas. You bring improvements and reasons to switch, otherwise you're just another F2P game of the month between the last one and the next one. But, then, maybe that's all PS is anymore. Maybe it's meant to be an F2P game of the month, to get a shot of cash before it goes downhill and is barely maintaining a pulse after only a couple years before the next F2P game that has different visuals but identical ideas.

The gaming community will eventually wisen up to this shit, but I guess until then it's stupid not to bleed peoples' wallets dry with heavily punishing dice rolls and such.

NightfallG
Feb 10, 2013, 10:01 AM
They gave a vague timetable of early 2013. That could mean as late as May or as early as March, who knows. What I do know is, by not putting *any* word out or giving any hype to their intentions for a US release they're screwing themselves. This game is going to have to compete with The Old Republic, TERA, Path of Exile, the newly released Wizardry Online and every other F2P with a pulse that doesn't wind up being complete tat. Sega's once again dropping the ball on marketing and keeping their fanbase engaged with the product.

On top of all of this, their cash shop involves very basic things (player shops, respecs etc) that every other game incorporated for free. That's going to leave a bad taste in the mouth of a market that's used to having basic functionality in an F2P. That isn't even to mention the possible ever present issue with Gameguard and whatever sets it off, be it antivirus or not (which STILL hasn't been fixed last I heard). Yeah, I gotta uninstall my AV to play this game. Sure, some diehard probably won't have any trouble going AV-free, but for a lot of users that's going to make them stay away.

What you've got is a very good product being completely stymied by amateurish decisions, and an entire company just not listening. It'd probably be for the best if they just didn't bother to release abroad, from a financial standpoint. They got their American and European money from the short stint on the JP version, in their minds they don't need to care about those regions anymore, especially with the no doubt lukewarm, poorly tended-to reception it'll get if it comes packaged with all the problems (bad cash shop, a shitty rootkit, little support as is the norm with Sega etc.).

Cagedtaytay
Feb 10, 2013, 11:45 AM
Shenmue 3 scheduled for release before pso2

I would be okay with this.
I love Shenmue.

krophiquon
Feb 11, 2013, 04:56 PM
I'm more curious as to when the JP Android version is coming out and if we'll be able to play it over here.

GtSaiyaMan
Feb 11, 2013, 04:58 PM
I'm more curious as to when the JP Android version is coming out and if we'll be able to play it over here.

...what would be awesome would be if it was playable on the Ouya... that would be EPIC!!!!

The Walrus
Feb 11, 2013, 05:01 PM
You do realize the Phone Star Online 2 is just a gimped as hell version ment to do no more then accompany the PC/Vita versions and not the full game right?

GtSaiyaMan
Feb 11, 2013, 05:15 PM
You do realize the Phone Star Online 2 is just a gimped as hell version ment to do no more then accompany the PC/Vita versions and not the full game right?

..hmn..i was wondering how they would manage to pull that off...either way, if it has cross-platform compatibility with Vita/PC version, i'll want to get it anyway! You can never have too much PSO! :)

The Walrus
Feb 11, 2013, 05:26 PM
It's nothing like the actual game...

It's just a minigame and a...thing...

GtSaiyaMan
Feb 11, 2013, 05:29 PM
It's nothing like the actual game...

It's just a minigame and a...thing...

ok..so, one of my favorite games is NBA 2K13.. they have an androic/iphone app..thats a companion to the game..a bunch of mini games and such that gets you "coins" for the actual console game.. i think the companion app would also be a great idea.

blace
Feb 11, 2013, 05:32 PM
Think of it as a shop manager and a portable mail box. Other than the two functionality, it's not even a game.

Shadowth117
Feb 11, 2013, 05:41 PM
Think of it as a shop manager and a portable mail box. Other than the two functionality, it's not even a game.

The fact that they didn't put a guild chat function in it made it even stupider to me honestly. Its really pretty bad.