PDA

View Full Version : Symbol art

Noc Codez
Feb 7, 2013, 07:46 AM
Does anyone do their own ??

BIG OLAF
Feb 7, 2013, 07:59 AM
There are plenty of people that do, yes. Gama here on PSOW is (was?) one of them. There are a lot more.

Requiem Aeternam
Feb 7, 2013, 08:01 AM
I make my own but they aren't very good compared to some of the japanese ones. So far I have one but it's only half finished.

Noc Codez
Feb 7, 2013, 08:05 AM
Ok this is what I was thinking..

Is there a program that can save images as .sar files ? That way I can use tracer to get it to right size then save it as .sar then put in export folder for pso2?

Gama
Feb 7, 2013, 09:19 AM
There are plenty of people that do, yes. Gama here on PSOW is (was?) one of them. There are a lot more.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcosyeqNxE1ryt074o1_1280.png

Black Nova
Feb 7, 2013, 10:38 AM
I wish SEGA had implemented some kind of lock on symbol art so people don't jack your hard work and just spam it everywhere. Also it would be nice to not see lame anime every 5 seconds. =/

Dana
Feb 7, 2013, 11:06 AM
I wish SEGA had implemented some kind of lock on symbol art so people don't jack your hard work and just spam it everywhere. Also it would be nice to not see lame anime every 5 seconds. =/

It's quite a compliment for someone to use your work in my opinion. If you don't want to see "lame" anime, maybe you're playing the wrong game :wacko:

Kion
Feb 7, 2013, 12:09 PM

It would be nice if the name of the player who made it was saved somewhere. It wouldn't have to be displayed, but a lot of symbol arts are mega high quality and it would be nice to know who made what.

Klypto
Feb 7, 2013, 01:03 PM
Ok this is what I was thinking..

Is there a program that can save images as .sar files ? That way I can use tracer to get it to right size then save it as .sar then put in export folder for pso2?

SAR files contain raw object positioning data as apposed to more traditional image encoding which stores data per pixel.

I'd imagine the concept is relatively similar to this:

Object 1{
Key: obj001 (square box;
Height: 10px;
Width: 5px;
Rotation; 16degrees;
Color: (256, 32, 12, .24)
X-axis: 16px:
Y-axis: 150px;
Inverted: no;
}

Object 2{
Key: obj012 (Line tapered end);
Height: 5px;
Width: 2px;
Rotation; 0degrees;
Color: (0, 0, 0, 1)
X-axis: 1px:
Y-axis: 0px;
Inverted: no;
}

etc. just not as 'neatly' done.

It's incredibly efficient data-wise, but completely useless in any application other than PSO2.

Now... if you happen to know anyone who's good at breaking "odd" file encodings and can get me how the files are encoded and can give me a copy of all of the original Symbol Art objects (the images that make up a symbol art) I could try making you an offline tool for making Symbol Arts with better features like built-in tracing / overlay, grouping, better copy/pasting, and further zoom levels.

Converting images to SAR though is a bit too crazy for me.