PDA

View Full Version : New Player: Advice Needed

Nikoshae
Feb 7, 2013, 12:28 PM
So, I'm about to jump into this game ... I hesitated, because I really didn't want to play it in Japanese, but I've been itching so bad to play. So, I'd like some advice about what to play, how to play, and such.

In PSU I played a Fighgunner. I primarily used twin guns, twin daggers, and doublesaber. Is it possible to do the same here? I heard one can dual-class, and even though it'd be a lot of work I could effectively play as a Fighter/Gunner eventually, yeah...? Would that work?

I might start out as a hunter, but some of the ranger stuff looks pretty snazzy. I can ride my gun...?! lol

Anduril
Feb 7, 2013, 12:41 PM
If you want to be Fighter/Gunner then you need to play both Hunter and Ranger to level 30 since that is how you go about unlocking them anyway.
It is possible to play using those weapons, but you will be limited to only a few weapons depending on which class is your main since you can only use weapons of your subclass (subclassing only gives you 20% of the subclass' stats and access to its PAs and Skill Tree) if they are special All-class weapons. There are only two readily available All-class Twin Mechs (and for some reason the one with better stats tends to be cheaper), one All-class Twin Dagger, and two All-class Double Sabers.

UnLucky
Feb 7, 2013, 01:03 PM
Well, every class has access to the Gunslash, so if you weren't particular about the exact gun type, you could use that as an otherwise pure melee FI/HU.

But yeah, you'll have to try out both Ranger and Hunter first anyway, so just see what you like.

Nikoshae
Feb 7, 2013, 01:08 PM
Well, every class has access to the Gunslash, so if you weren't particular about the exact gun type, you could use that as an otherwise pure melee FI/HU.

But yeah, you'll have to try out both Ranger and Hunter first anyway, so just see what you like.

I was interested in the Gunblade ... er ... Gunslash anyway. That's good to know :)

I think I've managed to make up my mind. I'm mulling about this at work lol ... I want to just dive right in as soon as I get home.