PDA

View Full Version : Such Anticipation!

Nikoshae
Feb 7, 2013, 03:03 PM
I downloaded and installed the game over the course of last night and this morning, but I had work today! I still have two hours to go! Then I have to go home! Then I get to play! Anticipation!

I've been in such a mood all day because of it :<

holmwood
Feb 7, 2013, 03:07 PM
I downloaded and installed the game over the course of last night and this morning, but I had work today! I still have two hours to go! Then I have to go home! Then I get to play! Anticipation!

welcome~ Hope you find a low level party. XD

Vintasticvin
Feb 7, 2013, 04:06 PM
Nikoshae if you happen to create on ship 2 be on the lookout for me :P I'll be more than glad to accompany you..

GtSaiyaMan
Feb 7, 2013, 04:15 PM

i was in the same boat as you yesterday..when i got home from work (around 7pm)...i was up playing till around 1:30am.. you WILL enjoy it...

I recommend installing the english patch..you may have to google for it. i'm not sure if mentioning it here on the forums violates the rules.

Also, (as i found out later and had to delete my character) the majority of English speaking folks and lots of the PSOWorld community are on Ship2. I recommend you making your character there.

Hope to see you online dude.. feel free to add me:
Character Name: GtSaiyaMan

Nikoshae
Feb 7, 2013, 07:15 PM
I did roll on Ship 2 ... named Nikoshae. Decided to play a Hunter :)

GtSaiyaMan
Feb 7, 2013, 07:23 PM
I did roll on Ship 2 ... named Nikoshae. Decided to play a Hunter :)

..ill send you a request when i log on friend!

Nikoshae
Feb 7, 2013, 07:25 PM
...does the English patch translate the story? *shifty eyes*

GtSaiyaMan
Feb 7, 2013, 07:29 PM
...does the English patch translate the story? *shifty eyes*

no sir...not at all..however, there are translations of the main story..

UnLucky
Feb 7, 2013, 07:40 PM
There is a translated story patch in the works.

Nikoshae
Feb 7, 2013, 08:58 PM
Nikoshae if you happen to create on ship 2 be on the lookout for me :P I'll be more than glad to accompany you..

Should I presume your in-game name is Vintasticvin?

Vintasticvin
Feb 7, 2013, 09:02 PM
Should I presume your in-game name is Vintasticvin?

Correcto mundo ~_^.... O_o Wait a sec you seen me ingame already?!

Menasthos
Feb 7, 2013, 09:05 PM
welcome~ Hope you find a low level party. XD
Low level party? :wacko: What for? :-? He can be lv20 (even 55 keep going alone with ai companions) in a couple days, perfectly alone. At worst, joining randomly a s.valentine group on volcanic cavern or dark faltz ^^ (uber boost on the levels)

Vintasticvin
Feb 7, 2013, 09:11 PM
Low level party? :wacko: What for? :-? He can be lv20 (even 55 keep going alone with ai companions) in a couple days, perfectly alone. At worst, joining randomly a s.valentine group on volcanic cavern or dark faltz ^^ (uber boost on the levels)

Maybe cause they are tired of running with NPCs and wanna form bonds and friendships in game with other members perhaps? I swear some people here can either be rude or an a-hole crapping on others.

xxxHolic Waltz
Feb 7, 2013, 09:17 PM

Yeah, I've been messing around doing client orders for a while now but its nowhere near as fun as playing with folks. Problem is not only finding available English speaking players but not being super low leveled compared to them. I'd hate to be dead weight just to level up quicker/score a few decent items. The ONLY time I did join random higher level folks was during the emergency quests and those were really fun. Managed to beat Falz first too. :D

Menasthos
Feb 7, 2013, 09:17 PM
Bonds? Friendship? On a videogame? Lol :D
He was giving a pure misinformation, scaring him he was going to play alone. When every ship (expecially the ship 2 lv20 one) have loads of low/middle level players. :-)

(clearly i agree, play with a group of peeps is way funnier)

Nikoshae
Feb 7, 2013, 09:22 PM
Correcto mundo ~_^.... O_o Wait a sec you seen me ingame already?!

lol Yeah, I'm up and running. Nikoshae in-game, ship 2. I got through Chapter 0 :D

I'm lost in the lobby area but ohmygosh it's so cool :D

...I also fixed my voice which I had forgotten about during character creation. Kind of weird seeing a short dude with a gruff voice. It just doesn't work >.>

Vintasticvin
Feb 7, 2013, 09:24 PM
Well excuuuuse me for having a good heart over the internet I forget that darkness rules the net.

Swaggerjak
Feb 7, 2013, 09:28 PM
Wait, how do you send someone a friend request that isn't near you?

Nikoshae
Feb 7, 2013, 09:28 PM
Not quite sure when this turned into ... that ... but I am looking forward to meeting folks. I'm a longtime PSO/PSU fan (never got to play PSO, but played PSU for quite a while), and would love to experience this with other folks.

I honestly feel stupid for not downloading it sooner. I kept resisting, holding out for English version, but meh ... I get a nice preview, and get to enjoy it while it's still fresh and new :)

UnLucky
Feb 7, 2013, 09:29 PM
I swear people here can either be rude or an a-hole crapping on others.
Yeah it's usually only one or the other. Sometimes both.

Maronji
Feb 7, 2013, 09:38 PM
Wait, how do you send someone a friend request that isn't near you?

The... "something" Search option on the Visiphone... (Was it Option 4? I... can't... remember...!)

You know what? Give me a few and I'll have the specifics. Still checking threads before logging in.

EDIT: It's Option 4 from the Visiphone, Arks Search. You can search for someone by name (Sub-Option 1) or by Player ID (Sub-Option 3), and you can search for Teams (Sub-Option 2).

Nikoshae
Feb 7, 2013, 10:16 PM
Oh, nifty. Thanks. I'm doing some leveling, but I'll try searching in a little while.

Swaggerjak
Feb 7, 2013, 11:30 PM
You guys are so much more helpful than the people over at ragol.co.uk were years back. Thanks for the info!

oratank
Feb 8, 2013, 01:23 AM
Low level party? :wacko: What for? :-?

more people
more monster
more gain
image when u want to do rockbaer kill order or branca order.
if u go alone they spawn just one but when u go with full party u got 3 of them.
isn't that great?

Nikoshae
Feb 8, 2013, 09:53 AM
This was the most fun I've had in an MMO in ages.

My first night was spent having fun figuring out the character creator, only to realize, oops, I didn't give Nikoshae a befitting voice. Imagine a small little guy running around with a deep voice. That amused me. Then someone was kind enough to help me realize that there was a beauty shop that could change my voice for free. I wound up adding a few costume accessories to Niko as well, and rounded out his look pretty well.

I met up with a couple of folks from these forums, and they helped me get a nice feel for the game. I leveled to 7, and even got most of my MAG quest complete (to be continued tonight or tomorrow). By the time I finished playing with them I found a great niche and a great feel for the controls.

Afterwards I met another person from the forums, and we hit it off. I spent a while just chatting away, and got to know another great friend.

And, yeah, my dream of wearing Blitz Ace is going to be realized lol

This has been one of the nicest, friendliest, most awesome experiences I've ever had in any MMO. I used to be pretty anti-social in PSU (I was a top-level character that spent most of my time leveling techs on alts, and occasionally joining in on random missions), and I still tend to be in other games. But this time around I decided, no, I'm going to be outgoing for a change. I'm an outgoing person in real life, so why be so enclosed online? I'm glad I put myself out there this time around, because I got to know a few really great people. People I hope to keep playing with, and accompanying in the future.

Thank you for the warm welcome.

GtSaiyaMan
Feb 8, 2013, 10:43 AM
This was the most fun I've had in an MMO in ages.

My first night was spent having fun figuring out the character creator, only to realize, oops, I didn't give Nikoshae a befitting voice. Imagine a small little guy running around with a deep voice. That amused me. Then someone was kind enough to help me realize that there was a beauty shop that could change my voice for free. I wound up adding a few costume accessories to Niko as well, and rounded out his look pretty well.

I met up with a couple of folks from these forums, and they helped me get a nice feel for the game. I leveled to 7, and even got most of my MAG quest complete (to be continued tonight or tomorrow). By the time I finished playing with them I found a great niche and a great feel for the controls.

Afterwards I met another person from the forums, and we hit it off. I spent a while just chatting away, and got to know another great friend.

And, yeah, my dream of wearing Blitz Ace is going to be realized lol

This has been one of the nicest, friendliest, most awesome experiences I've ever had in any MMO. I used to be pretty anti-social in PSU (I was a top-level character that spent most of my time leveling techs on alts, and occasionally joining in on random missions), and I still tend to be in other games. But this time around I decided, no, I'm going to be outgoing for a change. I'm an outgoing person in real life, so why be so enclosed online? I'm glad I put myself out there this time around, because I got to know a few really great people. People I hope to keep playing with, and accompanying in the future.

Thank you for the warm welcome.

Yea Niko! We had a great time last night dude. Cant wait until the next time we all link up! Hurry up and get your MAG! You'll be feeding it and evolving it in no time! lol

Nikoshae
Feb 8, 2013, 01:40 PM
I want to play tonight, but I have a tabletop gaming night with friends ... darn it XD

I'm going to try and sneak in completion of my MAG tonight, though ;)

Vintasticvin
Feb 8, 2013, 02:16 PM
I want to play tonight, but I have a tabletop gaming night with friends ... darn it XD

I'm going to try and sneak in completion of my MAG tonight, though ;)

If you Saiyaman and some of the other newbies want we can meet up for a few games after 8:30pm central time and rock the night away til dawn or I pass out or get so many overheats I call it quits :p

xxxHolic Waltz
Feb 8, 2013, 05:40 PM
Yeah, it was pretty fun. Unfortunately, I only got a few sporadic screen caps of the night though. Kinda trying to cut back since Flickrs already pretty full. =/

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8379/8456145369_aae71dcd2d_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/xxxholic_waltz/8456145369/)
pso20130207_233237_000 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/xxxholic_waltz/8456145369/) by xxxHolic Waltz (http://www.flickr.com/people/xxxholic_waltz/), on Flickr

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8094/8457244654_4ef1a267c0_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/xxxholic_waltz/8457244654/)
pso20130208_004948_006 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/xxxholic_waltz/8457244654/) by xxxHolic Waltz (http://www.flickr.com/people/xxxholic_waltz/), on Flickr

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8088/8457245624_7293947c6e_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/xxxholic_waltz/8457245624/)
pso20130208_011557_010 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/xxxholic_waltz/8457245624/) by xxxHolic Waltz (http://www.flickr.com/people/xxxholic_waltz/), on Flickr

There's a few more on my Flickr but nothing too especially awesome.

Nikoshae
Feb 8, 2013, 05:45 PM
I'd love to join tonight, but I have a game night with roommates that may run late. But I might be able to jump in late tonight for a while :)

I'll have all night tomorrow night, though ... woo :D

xxxHolic Waltz
Feb 8, 2013, 05:48 PM
I'll be on a bit tonight but I'll have to crash early though since I've got some stuff to take care of early tomorrow and most of my afternoon as well. Most definitely will be hitting it up hard tomorrow night!

GtSaiyaMan
Feb 8, 2013, 07:57 PM
I'll be on a bit tonight but I'll have to crash early though since I've got some stuff to take care of early tomorrow and most of my afternoon as well. Most definitely will be hitting it up hard tomorrow night!

hahaha...did you pass out at work Waltz...?

xxxHolic Waltz
Feb 8, 2013, 08:06 PM
Naw, I'm quite accustomed to working a standard 10+ hour day on roughly 2-5 hours of sleep. Far from healthy but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make so my days don't blur into just working a sh*t job, lol.

jivy96
Feb 9, 2013, 03:19 PM
I am knew to the game and would like some help, I'm on ship 2. I was directed to this thread.

Nikoshae
Feb 9, 2013, 03:46 PM
I am knew to the game and would like some help, I'm on ship 2. I was directed to this thread.

Oh, heh ... this was a thread about me talking about how much I was looking forward to playing, and spurred some really nice folks reaching out to join up with me, and show me the ropes ... met some great folks here that I look forward to playing again with tonight and tomorrow and so on and so forth.

I'd love to join up with you as well :)

jivy96
Feb 9, 2013, 04:33 PM
Ill be on tonight if you guys are and will be willing to play with a lvl 2 and help me learn to play the game.

Nikoshae
Feb 9, 2013, 04:42 PM
My name in game is Nikoshae. I shouldn't be too hard to find.

I don't quite recall how you search for people (I'm not at home, so I can't pull the game up), but maybe someone else can help explain ...?

Jim
Feb 9, 2013, 04:49 PM
You can search for players using the "Arks Search" at a Visiphone terminal. (Pictured below) If anyone wants to add me, my player name is DoctorJim and my character is simply Jim.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z466/Red_Spyro/VisiPhone.jpg
[/SPOILER-BOX]

jivy96
Feb 9, 2013, 04:54 PM
Ok i tried to figure it out but was unsuccessful. My character name is Ivy if that will help you find me. If not I will be watching the forum.

jivy96
Feb 9, 2013, 04:55 PM
You can search for players using the "Arks Search" at a Visiphone terminal. (Pictured below) If anyone wants to add me, my player name is DoctorJim and my character is simply Jim.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z466/Red_Spyro/VisiPhone.jpg
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Ok I will add both of you

Nikoshae
Feb 10, 2013, 08:07 AM
Ah, I'm so sorry ... I fell asleep during my break last night :(