PDA

View Full Version : Should I even bother to grind?

FacelessRed
Feb 8, 2013, 01:28 PM
So the last time I burned through 470 grinders getting my 10 star sword which is now.. +8. I am currently sitting on 439 grinders and 2.4million meseta.

Should I even bother?

The risks are... If it goes to +5 after 439 grinders I may never play this game again.

Unfortunately I used about 200grinders grinding random other 10 star equips that I don't even use (yet).

But this sword is basically my bread and butter for combat. 1 over end kills pretty much anything and everything except for super high HP mobs... that usually takes 2. anyone think I can make it to +10? or don't bother.

Nikoshae
Feb 8, 2013, 01:31 PM
What level are you? Do you forsee finding anything better in the near future? How much of a boost is +10 versus +8?

If you can't outright justify the risk for the reward than I would just stick with the +8.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 8, 2013, 01:42 PM
with the money you have, I'd hold off. +8 to +10 is a tough road for some. Which sword is it?

May be a good idea to wail until you have some -1 protects and some boosters. they help quite a bit.

Personally I dont grind 10* weapons without full protects but others will tell you to just force it to 10.

MMV though

Soultrigger
Feb 8, 2013, 01:43 PM
If you do not have a MyShop or do TACOs regularly, you may consider staying at +8 instead.

I think you can finish off the grind with that amount, but it will most likely leave you broke.

You should use -1 protects near the end. Other people here suggest +5% at +9 to help finish it off.

EDIT: If it's a Ruin Gloam, use your money and buy a Lambda Aristin instead.

eharima
Feb 8, 2013, 01:46 PM
absoloutley NO point at all in trying to get from +8 to +10 unless you just WANT to blast those grinders and meseta

have you not learned that items are just getting outclassed over and over?
I spent 9 MILLION on tigiridoru back in the day, yeah, they are now about 20k in the AH.

be content with +8 i doubt you will buy full protects either, it will soon be out classed.

FacelessRed
Feb 8, 2013, 01:47 PM
I don't know the name of the sword. It's the blue one that extends into the big green bladed sword. Strongest sword I've seen so far. (pretty sure it's the strongest, Although I haven't seen that falz hunar sword yet)

I've only got 2 5% protects. and 3 (I think) -1 risks.

I don't know what a Ruin Gloam is... I don't know any of the weapons names.

The vibe I'm getting is, Don't bother. lol.

gigawuts
Feb 8, 2013, 01:52 PM
New shit is coming within the week, a lambda aristin will be more versatile, etc.

tl;dr no

FacelessRed
Feb 8, 2013, 01:54 PM
What's with the obsession with this Lambda sword? my sword is literally stronger than it by a good amount if they were both +10 I don't understand, is it because it's easier to get to +10?

Z-0
Feb 8, 2013, 01:58 PM
It's because it's allclass, and can be used a FI/HU. FI/HU is a more efficient combo due to Double Sabers and Deadly Archer (Over End cannot beat Deadly Archer, even current. You can do 5 Deadly Archers in the space of one Over End, or some number like that), and it probably won't be outclassed as the best Fighter Sword for a while.

UnLucky
Feb 8, 2013, 02:00 PM
You need a string of good fortune to get +10.

I'd keep the +8 unless you've got an equivalent (or better) spare.

FacelessRed
Feb 8, 2013, 02:01 PM
It's because it's allclass, and can be used a FI/HU. FI/HU is a more efficient combo due to Double Sabers and Deadly Archer (Over End cannot beat Deadly Archer, even current. You can do 5 Deadly Archers in the space of one Over End, or some number like that), and it probably won't be outclassed as the best Fighter Sword for a while.

Isn't that the ruin..gloam you're refering to.. and Over-end does trump deadly archer.. deadly archer isn't going to kill 10 enemies on screen in 1 hit... Single target DPS isn't really what I'm worried about.

ZER0 DX
Feb 8, 2013, 02:04 PM
Might be easier to just check this for the sword people are referring to. Plus you can find out how your current sword compares to others.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Akbdpi65EON1dEN3RDJxTk5aS1Z6THpMaVY1encwT 1E&gid=1&output=html&widget=true

From your description it sounds like you have the Ruin Charm.

FacelessRed
Feb 8, 2013, 02:06 PM
Thanks Zero =) stuff like this is much appreciated.

This is the Ruin Charm that I have. which is trumped by the Elder pain and the sadinian blade. both of which are unfortunately incredibly ugly =(

Vintasticvin
Feb 8, 2013, 02:06 PM
Trust your instincts Fox!

NoiseHERO
Feb 8, 2013, 02:10 PM
Overend is godly now,

But D'arch is still numbura one IMO, since I mostly play in small groups in our own pace, and can usually clear a room just fine regardless of sword's AOE. And even then yeah I still have my super ethical affordable and easier to upgrade Lambda artisan, minus the part that I barely use it because it's fucking ugly.

But yeah let's just say if you can get an ikutachi and depending on how "hard" it is to get proxyene stones...

Your ruin charm is going to be ultra outdated.

TL;DR: If it weren't for kagutachi coming out in in less than a week, I'd say grind your ruin charm cautiously, my definition of cautiously(ignoring whatever mindset other's will have) is "FUCKIT, USING PROTECTS UNTIL +10 AFTER +8!!!

FacelessRed
Feb 8, 2013, 02:15 PM
Ikutachi?? what? kagutachi? Looking at that list, ikutachi looks like a sword from the level 30's? why would I want that?

Trust your instincts Fox!

I lolled. And also suddenly pictured blowing all my money, failing to get +10 and falco going "FOOOOOOOOOOOOOXXXXXXX"

Seravi Edalborez
Feb 8, 2013, 02:25 PM
Ikutachi is one of several weapons in a coming update that you can trade in (with some stones) to get a good 10*. If the 10* is anything like Ikutachi itself, it will also have the Splended Recovery weapon potential ability, increasing PP regeneration (like Techer's PP Restorate).

NoiseHERO
Feb 8, 2013, 02:30 PM
It's also assumed by mathematicians to be the strongest sword by like 20 points over the falz hunar sword or something(I don't remember sword name and exact numbers.)

The Ikutachi turns into a kagutachi after traded in with proxyene stones.

Basically you're facing one of the giant flaws of this game... That being if you can get your hands on an ikutachi and those stones(which Ikutachi drops way more than a 10* and I don't think those stones will be THAT hard to get.) Then your current decent sword won't mean shit in comparison because the only difference between weapons are their damage and appearance...

FacelessRed
Feb 8, 2013, 02:32 PM
yeah, I agree with that being a flaw. they should start releasing more flavours of weapons with different abilities but bloody equivilant weaponry. like back in PSO 1& 2

Gen2000
Feb 8, 2013, 02:59 PM
Going grind heavy past +8 on any 10* project is a big waste right now at the moment.

Dnd
Feb 8, 2013, 03:04 PM
Kakutachi has 927 s-atk base at +10, ruins charm has 822 at +10. both being the same difficulty to grind up after all.

at the end of the day, it is up to you - personally I'd +10 it because there's no telling when you'll get 90 stones or the base weapon (or an upgrade) and well, im a firm believer of maxing out weapons (use 5% boosters and -1 protects past this stage, imo)

My fighters quartz caliber, for example cost 5 million to affix/grind to max (vol soul/power 3/stamina boost) but it was worth every penny (used it for 4 months without an upgrade found so far) and well, I didn't even have a second thought about maxing the gigas spinner out 2 days ago (granted, it was extremely cheap on average, but I'd of done it even if it cost 5 times what it did, even more) this close to an update, as there is no guarantee of getting an upgrade afterwards~

gigawuts
Feb 8, 2013, 03:08 PM
Do consider you're not even guaranteed to +10 it. Don't walk in with everything you own thinking success is a sure thing, because it's very plainly not. It might be very likely, but that still means at least one person has tried and failed with exactly what you've got.

+10ing something is a long term investment. If you expect to use it for a long time, or REALLY like that weapon, go for it. But don't +10 it just because.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 8, 2013, 03:20 PM
Kakutachi has 927 s-atk base at +10, ruins charm has 822 at +10. both being the same difficulty to grind up after all.

at the end of the day, it is up to you - personally I'd +10 it because there's no telling when you'll get 90 stones or the base weapon (or an upgrade) and well, im a firm believer of maxing out weapons (use 5% boosters and -1 protects past this stage, imo)

My fighters quartz caliber, for example cost 5 million to affix/grind to max (vol soul/power 3/stamina boost) but it was worth every penny (used it for 4 months without an upgrade found so far) and well, I didn't even have a second thought about maxing the gigas spinner out 2 days ago (granted, it was extremely cheap on average, but I'd of done it even if it cost 5 times what it did, even more) this close to an update, as there is no guarantee of getting an upgrade afterwards~

Where are you getting that data? Just curious

Dnd
Feb 8, 2013, 03:26 PM
Where are you getting that data? Just curious

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up37210.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
This picture, -40 attack off the top one, which is the sword, then divide by 100 and multiply by 190 (as 10* grind value has 190% base atp) and bam, 927

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 8, 2013, 03:32 PM
So pretty much all of these new pyroxene weapons outclass the current top tiers it seems. Has there been any word on whether they're all class or not?

UnLucky
Feb 8, 2013, 03:36 PM
If they are, Techer might become a viable main class.

gigawuts
Feb 8, 2013, 03:41 PM
I don't see 全クラス (allclass) anywhere in the descriptions in the video, despite being in the description of every other allclass weapon I can think of.

So the verdict seems to be "no" until they're released to confirm.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 8, 2013, 03:44 PM
Well here's hoping. I've been tooling around as a gunner and it would be nice to be able to switch to RA without having to use my lame lambda aresvis for TMGs

gigawuts
Feb 8, 2013, 03:45 PM
I have a hope deep down that they'll be like the 11* weapons, and be usable on the associated primary/secondary classes, but I'm really not expecting it.

UnLucky
Feb 8, 2013, 03:47 PM
Why isn't that just a thing for all weapons? Damnit Sega

Cagedtaytay
Feb 8, 2013, 04:27 PM
ASDFGHJKL
THIS GRINDING SYSTEM.

Lostbob117
Feb 8, 2013, 04:59 PM
Depends do you care about TA? Or solo'ing bosses quick? If the answer is no then don't bother.

FacelessRed
Feb 8, 2013, 05:14 PM
I only like to see bigger numbers really. But I'm not very big on other classes, especially how much cheap they seem to spew out. I'll hold off for now till new weapons come out.

Macman
Feb 9, 2013, 11:15 PM
By that logic, if you only care about beeg numbarz you would go RA/GU. The things you can do with Weak Bullet and Chain Trigger are hilarious.

Agitated_AT
Feb 10, 2013, 07:04 AM
Lol .

Daiyousei
Feb 10, 2013, 07:28 AM
By that logic, if you only care about beeg numbarz you would go RA/GU. The things you can do with Weak Bullet and Chain Trigger are hilarious.

Forces too when hitting a weak bulleted target, especially Zondeing Falz Arms backsides, I'd see 22k damage and stuff constantly coming from other Forces/Techers, even your hunters can reach 100k some damage with over end. Hitting any weak bullet area with any class with the right PAs can just be hilarious.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 10, 2013, 07:59 AM
Forces too when hitting a weak bulleted target, especially Zondeing Falz Arms backsides, I'd see 22k damage and stuff constantly coming from other Forces/Techers, even your hunters can reach 100k some damage with over end. Hitting any weak bullet area with any class with the right PAs can just be hilarious.

with a good TMG it's not out of the question to do over 400k damage total with 1 ER after using CT. seeing as all the shots from the TMG leading up to that are doing over 4k (16k/burst) it even puts FO to shame for single target DPS.

FacelessRed
Feb 10, 2013, 09:03 AM

You left out the defining part of the statement. I said I'm not fond of characters that spew out Cheap. It's a lready easy enough but they made other classes combine too well. and the result is 1 hit kill machines that make the entire combat system moot.