PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO 2 or Western PSO 2

Ichiro Shimori
Feb 9, 2013, 05:47 AM
So when the Westernize version of PSO 2 comes out. Which one will you choose to play the most? Im very curious because a lot of people I know said they would stay on the JP PSO 2 so I was simply curious.

For me I will probably trying out the Western PSO 2 to see how that fairs. I know its going to suck if I start over but honestly I love PSO so much I could careless.

Cagedtaytay
Feb 9, 2013, 07:40 AM
So when the Westernize version of PSO 2 comes out. Which one will you choose to play the most? Im very curious because a lot of people I know said they would stay on the JP PSO 2 so I was simply curious.

For me I will probably trying out the Western PSO 2 to see how that fairs. I know its going to suck if I start over but honestly I love PSO so much I could careless.

Lol. People keep making this thread.
I will play NA version. Most people will be playing JP. Most will say, 'Oh NA sucks! asasndjsk,g".

Jim
Feb 9, 2013, 08:26 AM
I will play NA version. Most people will be playing JP. Most will say, 'Oh NA sucks! asasndjsk,g".

Agreed, I will play the NA version. I won't completely migrate unless the NA version is REALLY damn good though. (Fat chance, SOA)

holmwood
Feb 9, 2013, 12:50 PM
Probably the japanese version... The international community I prefer the most; Ive had the priviledge of being with people from all over the world. Not sure if NA will region block.

Additionally, I prefer the japanese community because that's what Im used to, and I feel more close to them. :-P

Nikoshae
Feb 9, 2013, 01:00 PM
I've already met a lot of nice people here. NA servers tend to be behind JP servers, so as far as content goes I think I'd prefer the JP servers. I might play NA servers only to experience the storyline in English, but that's about it.

Shirai
Feb 9, 2013, 01:01 PM
Japanese.

Never been a huge fan of SOA servers. Couldn't stand the tiny time I spent on NA PSU.
Lack of content and so on.

Ezodagrom
Feb 9, 2013, 01:36 PM
JP version, I pretty much have no reason to play in the EN version.

holmwood
Feb 9, 2013, 02:04 PM
We can get more "accurate" story patches.(usually not because of localization...) and maybe voice packs with NA release if the folks over at PSU mod is nice enough. So in the end, its all about your choice of community.

Punisher106
Feb 9, 2013, 02:07 PM
I might play a little bit of NA, just to be curious what everyone's english voices will be, but I'm certain that NA is going to be about a year behind JP.

holmwood
Feb 9, 2013, 02:26 PM
I might play a little bit of NA, just to be curious what everyone's english voices will be, but I'm certain that NA is going to be about a year behind JP.

And the forums will be filled with ragers demanding the next update. ^^;

Kilich
Feb 9, 2013, 04:26 PM
JP. I rather not go back a year in terms of content.

gigawuts
Feb 9, 2013, 04:31 PM
If they modify mechanics to appeal to western audiences, I'll be happy to switch. If it's the exact same game with the english patch applied and less content, well, I don't mind the game being in japanese and I generally prefer the JP F2P community over the EN F2P community.

Noc Codez
Feb 9, 2013, 05:23 PM
JP. I rather not go back a year in terms of content.

Pretty much this.. I have no desire to be dissapointed by SOA again.. There lack of interest in the PS series is appalling.. They will trickle content like they always have and promise you false hope for things you will never get. If you played ps2/pc/Xbox PSU you know where I'm getting at.. And let's pray that Edward is not the GM.. He did a terrible job at handling player tickets..

LordShade
Feb 9, 2013, 09:40 PM
And the forums will be filled with ragers demanding the next update. ^^;

then we'll be here laughing at them forever and saying

'BRO I TOLD YOU SO'

Rei-San
Feb 9, 2013, 09:52 PM
it all depends for me. I'll play US version IF they keep up to date with updates and not ruin the games economy with cheap updates and item drops. Also if they would crack down more on the rule breakers.

...Keep in mind if people say the US servers suck then there is a history behind it...

Raymee
Feb 9, 2013, 09:54 PM

Cause it will.

When/What has SEGA of America done better than SoJ in any aspect in terms of Phantasy Star?

Rien
Feb 9, 2013, 10:43 PM
Let's talk about playing the NA version when it shows any sign of actually being released.

There's no point if it's not coming, is there?

Cagedtaytay
Feb 9, 2013, 11:20 PM
Cause it will.

When/What has SEGA of America done better than SoJ in any aspect in terms of Phantasy Star?

Don't care about that.
Just want to play with friends on a PSO2 NA.

Syklo
Feb 9, 2013, 11:34 PM
I'll probably swap between the 2 since I'll need to touch up my japanese if i want to succeed in my final school year.

After that, probably NA ALL DA WAY

Blackheart521
Feb 9, 2013, 11:42 PM
JP mostly... don't wanna have to redo my progress from the JP servers on NA though I'll try NA too as long as it's not dragging behind on content ^^;

Cyrusnagisa
Feb 9, 2013, 11:56 PM
I hope once International is released, more people play it, all these "I will say on Japanese servers" people will be part of the problem -.-

I do not care what your reasons are, when international version is released, you need to be playing and support it, not the Japanese version. If you continue to support it, then that just tells Sega that there is no point in working further on the International version, and it will die an early death, just as PSO and PSU have.

gigawuts
Feb 10, 2013, 12:03 AM
I hope once International is released, more people play it, all these "I will say on Japanese servers" people will be part of the problem -.-

I do not care what your reasons are, when international version is released, you need to be playing and support it, not the Japanese version. If you continue to support it, then that just tells Sega that there is no point in working further on the International version, and it will die an early death, just as PSO and PSU have.

500 people refusing to touch a potentially bad game is NOTHING compared to thousands of people refusing to touch an ACTUALLY bad game.

If the game is good, 500 people will not fucking matter. And 500 is a very generous estimate of the number of non-JP players on the JP server.

Syklo
Feb 10, 2013, 12:04 AM

I totally get what you're saying but you might want to reword your statement before making it.

If you continue to support it, then that just tells Sega that there is no point in working further on the International version...
You made "it" seem like you mean the international version itself; contradiction, no?

Noblewine
Feb 10, 2013, 12:23 AM
I'm going to stick with the JP server. I don't trust SoA after the fiasco with PSU on the ps2/pc hub and xbox.

Kion
Feb 10, 2013, 12:43 AM

I think it might actually show that the two areas should co-exist. And I don't think people should pay money for an inferior product. At best the content is going to be a year behind JP as this rate, and get further and further behind if PSU was any indication.

Maronji
Feb 10, 2013, 12:49 AM

...I'm planning on playing on both servers, and I find your stance to be both offensive and highly ignorant.

Trust me. Ultimately, it won't matter. Even if it did, it'd be far too late to do anything about it, and no amount of JP players hopping to International would be able to save it.

Besides, unless they get their act in gear (and whether they are or not is questionable at this point), I think Kion's on to something.

Blackheart521
Feb 10, 2013, 12:54 AM
I don't think people should pay money for an inferior product.

This, I don't have ANY obligation to play a game that is worse in quality than the JP version, SOA has to earn it's customers. I'm not going to play a gimped version of a game just to support SOA. If the quality of the NA version is up to snuff then I'll play it, if not I won't bother. ^^;

Agitated_AT
Feb 10, 2013, 07:01 AM
Ive been playing very little of this game lately so its probably going to be western

Sierhiet
Feb 10, 2013, 07:35 AM
Thread is a bit tired at this point. Nothing to compare, at least until release. NA version.

Resanoca
Feb 10, 2013, 07:57 AM
I'm going to the NA server. o: Non-American :3

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 10, 2013, 08:00 AM
I'm going to the NA server. o: Non-American :3

I loled

ReaperTheAbsol
Feb 10, 2013, 12:53 PM

Considering the fact that there aren't thousands upon thousands of non-natives on the JP servers, I hardly consider us to be the problem. Games are impacted by the amount of consumers that are active and willing to pay. I believe that if this game is inferior to its JP sibling and has piss-poor support it shouldn't be worth playing to begin with, but if you're a die-hard fan that doesn't care then please play the damn game. The content, support, updates, response to problematic stimuli and other issues are all sorts of things to consider, and I feel uneasy relying on SoA in these regards because of their track record.

For the aforementioned reasons and personal preference, I will not switch over. I have invested time and effort into the Japanese server and do not feel like repeating myself. I will acknowledge that it is my personal problem for being impatient and playing on the foreign server, but I have yet to regret my choice.

To say that we have a responsibility to play on an inferior server over the other because you said so is asinine.

Zenobia
Feb 10, 2013, 03:28 PM
Staying on here JP and honestly can't wait for the NA version of it to come out you have your occasional ass-hats who don't care about breaking arms and what not, not just talking about B20 Ive ran into these B20 casuals before and kindly explained to them how to to fight him,but when you say "I don't give a fuck about the drops" then yeah we got a problem.

I could name these casuals by name but it's cool cause when it does i hope the fuck ups and lobby whoars go there alrdy don't need them messing it up for everyone else who do want to enjoy the game and play it in the best way possible and reaping the benefits.

Krimzon_Law
Feb 10, 2013, 10:14 PM
Does anyone know when the EN / NA version will be released?

HIT0SHI
Feb 10, 2013, 10:51 PM
Does anyone know when the EN / NA version will be released?

Nope. :-?

fires2dust
Feb 11, 2013, 04:05 AM
I do not care what your reasons are, when international version is released, you need to be playing and support it, not the Japanese version.

And if I don't wanna? Do I get spanked for being a bad boy? D:

Honestly though...

People are competent enough to make their own decisions on where they will base themselves when the international version comes out. I think most people are already getting tired of their torches and pitchforks. So maybe it's best to just leave'em be and let them stay wherever they want.

But if you think about it, global vs japan with some foreigners making the minority, which has the bigger audience? I doubt our numbers (the ones deciding to stay in JP servers) will matter too much in the long run. If the game is good, people will play it. If it makes a good impression when it's out, then there should be no worry. The lack of audience is not a problem, it has a world stage; it will be more easily accessible and in English.

When you have that why would you need us, who are small in number for? :-?

Zipzo
Feb 11, 2013, 04:15 AM
Was pro-na version for a while but life happens and now my native server is the JP one anyway...and I can't say I'm really disappointed in that turn of events. There's really no question that the JP version will be at the forefront of all the new content and likely be given all sorts of stuff the NA version will never get.

Best to think of the NA version as the red-headed stepchild at this point...besides it wouldn't hurt to show SoA how badly the NA community feels about their performance in the past by speaking with their wallets.

saitek
Feb 11, 2013, 05:16 AM
I will be playing in on both JP and NA servers

Posted from Pso-world.com App for Android

Cagedtaytay
Feb 11, 2013, 07:40 AM
People seem to forget that Western PSO2 will have both NA and EU in it, two massive areas as compared to itty bitty JP.
Im sure PSO2 West will be fine in terms of players supporting it.

Lumpen Thingy
Feb 11, 2013, 07:53 AM
People seem to forget that Western PSO2 will have both NA and EU in it, two massive areas as compared to itty bitty JP.
Im sure PSO2 West will be fine in terms of players supporting it.

Ya maybe newbies to the series will support it. Anyone else who actually cares about the series and has been through SOA's BS will know better.

Coatl
Feb 11, 2013, 09:12 AM
Ugh! So many bakas going to play in the JP PSO2, that is why the NA PSU failed so badly! Totally! :-(

Chaoman3
Feb 11, 2013, 09:15 AM
I will play the NA version.

Sierhiet
Feb 11, 2013, 09:15 AM
Ya maybe newbies to the series will support it. Anyone else who actually cares about the series and has been through SOA's BS will know better.

That is presumptuous and not true at all. There are plenty of seasoned players simply content with waiting for the native release. I'd be willing to bank that number outweighs those jumping ship by far.

Noc Codez
Feb 11, 2013, 09:38 AM

QFT!!

Also there is to much to compete with here in the states.. There's Tera which went F2P, WoW and lastly guild wars 2 say what you want but these are the MMOs people are flocking to. I see pso2 having healthy servers for the first few months then it will go down hill because of SOA.. Let's not forget the hackers/script kiddies, do you honestly think that SOA will get rid of them fast ? Just look at the psu pc/ps2 servers. It took them months to get rid of them and that was when we actually had to pay monthly.. Pso2 will be F2P what's not to stop them using proxys and making a new account? I personally feel safer in JP..

Cagedtaytay
Feb 11, 2013, 10:26 AM

Your just being a jerk.
Ive been playing Phantasy Star since its first game was released on the old Sega consoles.
I dont care about SoA maybe having none of the content that JP has at launch.
Ill just be happy playing with my friends on English servers who dont want to download JP and use english patches just to play.

So dont say newbies. Plenty of people who love Phantasy Star will be playing.

Sierhiet
Feb 11, 2013, 10:46 AM
QFT!!

Also there is to much to compete with here in the states.. There's Tera which went F2P, WoW and lastly guild wars 2 say what you want but these are the MMOs people are flocking to. I see pso2 having healthy servers for the first few months then it will go down hill because of SOA.. Let's not forget the hackers/script kiddies, do you honestly think that SOA will get rid of them fast ? Just look at the psu pc/ps2 servers. It took them months to get rid of them and that was when we actually had to pay monthly.. Pso2 will be F2P what's not to stop them using proxys and making a new account? I personally feel safer in JP..

So these titles just don't exist in Japan I'm assuming. And these hackers are unheard of in Japan as well.

blace
Feb 11, 2013, 10:49 AM
Funny how people forget about the ever present bots and people are still sitting outside the lobby windows.

The Walrus
Feb 11, 2013, 11:23 AM
Haven't seen anyone outside the window on 10 in a long time.

blace
Feb 11, 2013, 11:25 AM
Haven't seen anyone outside the window on 10 in a long time.
It's usually the same people on ship 2's case. With the exception of being under a different ID than before, the character name and look for the repeat offender is the same.

Coatl
Feb 11, 2013, 12:49 PM
Good thing we can breath in space.

GtSaiyaMan
Feb 11, 2013, 12:57 PM

i will definitely play the English/Western PSO more. It will be easier to do my microtransactions and also read/understand the story/quests. Pending an official english language option for the Japanese client, i wouldn't mind coming back to play a bit.

Noc Codez
Feb 11, 2013, 06:54 PM
So these titles just don't exist in Japan I'm assuming. And these hackers are unheard of in Japan as well.

Not at all we do have "hackers" on the JP server but most of them do not bother other players and mainly stick to themselfs via Locked missions.. now when I played on the ps2/pc servers for PSU, there was players duping meseta,making weapons that was not released yet,hacking players rooms/pms I can go on and on..

Syaorandc
Feb 11, 2013, 07:16 PM

Tera exists in Japan and is somewhat successful. I've seen WoW boxes in Yodobashi and Bic Camera. As for GW2, never seen a box here but people can easily buy it online.

To the OP:

I will be staying on the JP server. Even if I move back to the US. Sega shouldn't be making separate servers, they should wise up and merge them.

Ezodagrom
Feb 11, 2013, 07:17 PM
Not at all we do have "hackers" on the JP server but most of them do not bother other players and mainly stick to themselfs via Locked missions.. now when I played on the ps2/pc servers for PSU, there was players duping meseta,making weapons that was not released yet,hacking players rooms/pms I can go on and on..
There's a few notable cheaters that do bother other players though, they go to public MPAs and such. :\

Kion
Feb 11, 2013, 08:44 PM
i will definitely play the English/Western PSO more. It will be easier to do my microtransactions and also read/understand the story/quests. Pending an official english language option for the Japanese client, i wouldn't mind coming back to play a bit.

This is exactly what I think they should do. I don't think there are too many issues with ping on having the server located in Japan. They already added more ships for the PS Vita and have PC only, PC/Vita and Vita only areas. I really don't see why they couldn't do the same thing with the english client where the language you chose would dictate the ship you want to play on. That way they could keep all of the content on each platform updated together.

I also have google analytics on my patch site going. I only meant to use it as a website counter, I didn't know that google also gave you the country of origin of where you're users are coming from. Most of the traffic is from US, Canada, England, and Australia, so an English community could possibly double the amount of players by handling it correctly. What I'm surprised about, is that I'm also getting a lot of visits, from Russia, Brazil and a pretty sizeable group from the Philippines. I don't think they need to go as far as dubbing the game in all of those different languages, but following a similar structure they could hire a couple of translators to just do the text, increase the number of ships for each area and really grow their fan base internationally.

What I still really want to know is where the ball is being dropped for the international version. A lot of Japanese companies are seeing drops in sales and blame it on pirating that they're not getting the profits they should be getting. One group of IP holders in Japan are trying to get a law pass that would skip a trial and auto-sue any one that violated copyright laws. That's not even guilty until proven innocent. The problem with Japanese companies is they have a really outdated business model. They make a really good product for local consumption and sit around with their thumbs up their asses while they wait for other countries to come by the licensing. All they really need to do is home-sub it, put it on Hulu, or Xbox live, or net fix, or QQ in China. They accuse all of these other countries of pirating when really, they're not making it available in other countries, giving people no other option but to steal it, screwing themselves over in the first place.

During the niconico live stream in Japan, I wasn't too forward about it, but when ever Sakai mentioned the PC and Vita and how they connected, he said, "it's a truly cross platform RPG," and I wrote "what about cross border platform?". And Sakai didn't respond to it, but a bunch of angry Japanese players responded, "but foreigners are playing on the JP server anyways". That's because a release date hasn't even been announced yet! I really don't know whose dropping the ball here. Japan has been really on top of their support, with Sakai posting blogs about their progress, listening and responding to player's opinions, doing live streams, press announcements, using twitter, and doing magazine interviews. These are things that really aren't very expensive to do and things that SoA could be implementing to gain a fan base already. I really don't know if SoA is just a bunch of incompetent morons or if SoJ isn't giving them the resources and assistance to actually get the game up and running.

Sierhiet
Feb 11, 2013, 09:06 PM
Tera exists in Japan and is somewhat successful. I've seen WoW boxes in Yodobashi and Bic Camera. As for GW2, never seen a box here but people can easily buy it online.

I was being sarcastic. I know all of the titles are available in JP; that was simply my point. The argument posed earlier of PSO2 not surviving in the US due to competition between other titles is moot. Those titles exist elsewhere, and some (Tera in particularly) are even more popular there then here. On top of this, JP in general has a smaller pool of players to market to, in comparison to a joint US/EU market.

And if anyone is going to try to act as if the hacking/bot situation in JP is non-existent, I don't even think there is a point in discussion. PS2/PC PSU had a meseta duping issue; two major incidents to be precise.

The same reasons you don't see any of the bolded in JP, will be the same reasons you don't see them in US. Server side data as opposed to client side, PC based, ect.

Edit: Just to add, the whole move hacker fiasco got a few individuals wrongly banned if I do recall. So yes, hacking happens everywhere.

Maronji
Feb 11, 2013, 09:10 PM
Your just being a jerk.
Ive been playing Phantasy Star since its first game was released on the old Sega consoles.
I dont care about SoA maybe having none of the content that JP has at launch.
Ill just be happy playing with my friends on English servers who dont want to download JP and use english patches just to play.

So dont say newbies. Plenty of people who love Phantasy Star will be playing.
This fits the bill of some of the friends I want to play with. Lumping them into a stereotype just because they don't want to have to manage backups and patches every week (aka because they don't have someone like me who's masochistic enough to do it for them every time because it's honestly a royal pain in the ass to deal with week by week (as easy and mundane as it is)) doesn't make them any less of a fan. To say otherwise is just plain wrong on so many levels and just reeks of a special kind of elitism.

Yeah, I don't exactly have high hopes for the International servers right now, but to take jabs at those who want to play on those servers is just... I don't even. Heck, I'd dare say it's borderline discrimination.

I really don't know if SoA is just a bunch of incompetent morons or if SoJ isn't giving them the resources and assistance to actually get the game up and running.
And this is why I'm worried.

I'm telling you guys, we're dealing with a market that suffers from "Damned if you do, damned if you don't" syndrome. On one hand, if we support the International servers and they end up repeating the same mistakes, it's a vote toward encouraging them to continue making those mistakes. On the other hand, if we don't, there's a chance that further Phantasy Star games may not come into western territories, leaving a large potential amount of players left untapped. Either way, there's a chance that nobody's going to win (as low and worst-case scenario as that is). All we can do is pick a path, respect the choices others have made (or else risk splitting the community in half), and hope for the best.

Raymee
Feb 12, 2013, 05:34 AM
Don't care about that.
Just want to play with friends on a PSO2 NA.

...I'm pretty sure you do.

I can't find anyone else here who doesn't care about content release, especially on a game where it gets dull after a while because no true updates.

NexusRay
Feb 12, 2013, 10:01 AM
I will probably be playing the NA version when it comes out, since I have a few friends willing to play the game, but not play a game they don't understand well. Plus, as GtSaiyaMan said, the micro-transactions and story bits will be much easy to understand and manage.

However, I won't completely abandon the JP servers, as I've worked very hard on my characters on there. And there will come a day where we won't have the NA servers anymore and the JP servers will probably still be up.

Nikoshae
Feb 12, 2013, 10:26 AM
I honestly never liked how far behind NA servers were behind JPN servers as far as content releases go ... talking about PSU since it's the only other PS game I've played. I had a lot of fun, but then people would tell me about an item I'd love (given my playstyle), but how it's JPN only right now. Why not release this at the same time...?

I agree with Kion. If they have it already translated into many other languages (heck, keep the Japanese voice acting) it would be a huge international success instead of something folks just concede to because they love the series too much to not play. There'd be no issue as far as an NA release, or people losing all their hard work, et cetera.

GtSaiyaMan
Feb 12, 2013, 10:42 AM
This is exactly what I think they should do. I don't think there are too many issues with ping on having the server located in Japan. They already added more ships for the PS Vita and have PC only, PC/Vita and Vita only areas. I really don't see why they couldn't do the same thing with the english client where the language you chose would dictate the ship you want to play on. That way they could keep all of the content on each platform updated together.

I also have google analytics on my patch site going. I only meant to use it as a website counter, I didn't know that google also gave you the country of origin of where you're users are coming from. Most of the traffic is from US, Canada, England, and Australia, so an English community could possibly double the amount of players by handling it correctly. What I'm surprised about, is that I'm also getting a lot of visits, from Russia, Brazil and a pretty sizeable group from the Philippines. I don't think they need to go as far as dubbing the game in all of those different languages, but following a similar structure they could hire a couple of translators to just do the text, increase the number of ships for each area and really grow their fan base internationally.

What I still really want to know is where the ball is being dropped for the international version. A lot of Japanese companies are seeing drops in sales and blame it on pirating that they're not getting the profits they should be getting. One group of IP holders in Japan are trying to get a law pass that would skip a trial and auto-sue any one that violated copyright laws. That's not even guilty until proven innocent. The problem with Japanese companies is they have a really outdated business model. They make a really good product for local consumption and sit around with their thumbs up their asses while they wait for other countries to come by the licensing. All they really need to do is home-sub it, put it on Hulu, or Xbox live, or net fix, or QQ in China. They accuse all of these other countries of pirating when really, they're not making it available in other countries, giving people no other option but to steal it, screwing themselves over in the first place.

During the niconico live stream in Japan, I wasn't too forward about it, but when ever Sakai mentioned the PC and Vita and how they connected, he said, "it's a truly cross platform RPG," and I wrote "what about cross border platform?". And Sakai didn't respond to it, but a bunch of angry Japanese players responded, "but foreigners are playing on the JP server anyways". That's because a release date hasn't even been announced yet! I really don't know whose dropping the ball here. Japan has been really on top of their support, with Sakai posting blogs about their progress, listening and responding to player's opinions, doing live streams, press announcements, using twitter, and doing magazine interviews. These are things that really aren't very expensive to do and things that SoA could be implementing to gain a fan base already. I really don't know if SoA is just a bunch of incompetent morons or if SoJ isn't giving them the resources and assistance to actually get the game up and running.

great post....i'm not sure why thing are the way they are. the fact that foreigners (us) are playing on the JP server SHOWS that there is an interest. I just hope that if the do release it here in the states, we actually SUPPORT it. That's the way to keep up support and updates in the US version. I know that i plan on spending lots of money once its released here. PSO is definitely my alltime favorite MMO.. Ever.

Kion
Feb 12, 2013, 11:16 AM
I agree with Kion. If they have it already translated into many other languages (heck, keep the Japanese voice acting) it would be a huge international success instead of something folks just concede to because they love the series too much to not play. There'd be no issue as far as an NA release, or people losing all their hard work, et cetera.

I was speaking hypothetically that they could do that to grow their fan base. As for the English version of the game, I'm pretty sure the translation would be complete already. I get the feeling that it's likely technical problems holding them back from releasing the NA version. A game translation should really take a couple of months. How for how they should manage it is really exactly that though, have SoJ manage all of the ships and then just have SoA handle the pay system and marketing on their end.

Renvalt
Feb 12, 2013, 07:35 PM
I honestly never liked how far behind NA servers were behind JPN servers as far as content releases go ... talking about PSU since it's the only other PS game I've played. I had a lot of fun, but then people would tell me about an item I'd love (given my playstyle), but how it's JPN only right now. Why not release this at the same time...?

I'm going to take this a step further, and also address my worries. Lately, America seems to appreciate the Zedong-China approach of "take something that someone else made, tweak it only a tad, repackage it, and sell it as something YOU made". It's one of the reasons I hit hard on China and plagiarism altogether (not saying China's the only one that does this, but from what I've witnessed as a gamer, they tend to do it a lot more).

I hardly turn a simple inch on the internet when I see another reskinned, remodeled, modded version of WoW that passes itself as not-WoW, or in a rare case, ends up being too much a WoW clone that the similarities are obvious.

PSO can't really be held to this as it was the template upon which other games LIKE it (Vindi, Blade&Soul, DFO, DN, etc.) were built from/inspired by. Therefore, nobody can call PSO2 a Vindi-clone because PSO AS A WHOLE was the original. They did it first.

By that logic alone, you can call Vindictus a PSO-clone since PSO preceeded Vindictus by a good few years. Not to mention it, like Sonic, STILL has appeal in this modern world where people worship the Call of Duty and take classes for Grand Theft Auto (note: I'm being satirical with that last bit, albeit somewhat still serious).

But the point I'm trying to make here is this: We went from Early 2013 to a TBA. That strikes me as odd, especially when you factor in how hard that Kion and Agra have been working on the translation. I'll bet you that if these two stopped, that said TBA would drag on for ages and eventually vanish/become obscenely obscure.

This is only a theory (and a delusionally paranoid one at that), but what if SoA intends to use Kion and Agra's work, only to make the (obviously) false claim that they did it all themselves? What if Kion and Agra somehow become a scapegoat for fan work like this?

Doubt SEGA would be that stupid, but the more I learn about the two halves of SEGA, the more prone I am to think otherwise.

---------

On a closing note, I'm SERIOUSLY wondering why Kion and Agra haven't been offered jobs by SEGA, given the selflessness of what they're doing. It's thankless work, translating all that, and yet they do it anyways.

That should be a big hint that, hey, maybe these guys have the right idea? I mean, we can only HOPE that SEGA doesn't do another SoRR-like goof. Because ironically, that game's still available for download, despite having been C&D'd by SEGA (and even more unbelievably hilarious is that their "inferior" SoR remake didn't get as many downloads as the fan-made one did - further proof that the fans need more respect than they're given).

Cagedtaytay
Feb 12, 2013, 08:45 PM
...I'm pretty sure you do.

I can't find anyone else here who doesn't care about content release, especially on a game where it gets dull after a while because no true updates.

Content is only half the entertainment. Having friends to party up and play together with is just as important.
So yea, I don't care if NA wont have as much as JP in terms of content. As least Ill be having fun with my friends.
Anyone who thinks content is all that matters...Well, thats their own opinion, dont judge others for how/why they play though.

Blackheart521
Feb 12, 2013, 08:48 PM
Content is only half the entertainment. Having friends to party up and play together with is just as important.
So yea, I don't care if NA wont have as much as JP in terms of content. As least Ill be having fun with my friends.
Anyone who thinks content is all that matters...Well, thats their own opinion, dont judge others for how/why they play though.

I see your point and all but there needs to be content for your friends and you to play... If there isn't a constant flow of content then some of your friends are bound to just up and leave the game if they get bored of playing the same stuff over and over. ^^;

Cagedtaytay
Feb 12, 2013, 08:57 PM
I see your point and all but there needs to be content for your friends and you to play... If there isn't a constant flow of content then some of your friends are bound to just up and leave the game if they get bored of playing the same stuff over and over. ^^;

Well, I know NA will get content flowing in, just not as fast as JP but it would still be there. >_> I don't mind if its not at the same amount of content JP has now when it first starts, or if it takes awhile to get to JPs level.
Im just trying to say that, Im going to be playing with friends, having fun and goofing off, teaming up for new content updates that will EVENTUALLY be released.

Its why I haven't even bothered getting into JP version. Don't want to spoil anything for myself.

Renvalt
Feb 12, 2013, 09:58 PM
Well, I know NA will get content flowing in, just not as fast as JP but it would still be there. >_> I don't mind if its not at the same amount of content JP has now when it first starts, or if it takes awhile to get to JPs level.
Im just trying to say that, Im going to be playing with friends, having fun and goofing off, teaming up for new content updates that will EVENTUALLY be released.

Its why I haven't even bothered getting into JP version. Don't want to spoil anything for myself.

And yet you lurk here, where that stuff runs like flowing water out of a faucet. What exactly are you trying to prove by doing things like this, the act of making a post trying to get people to follow your mindset when everyone's entitled to do things their own way?

Porkmaster
Feb 12, 2013, 10:12 PM
Probably been said a million times but the Japanese version obviously gets all the new content first, so that's where I'll be.

New content = new zones, which has awesome music that I need to record as soon as I can. Plus, I like the Japanese community better because they actually go out and do stuff.

*coughblock20cough*

Also, do we have an ETA on the official soundtrack yet?

Renvalt
Feb 12, 2013, 10:28 PM
Probably been said a million times but the Japanese version obviously gets all the new content first, so that's where I'll be.

New content = new zones, which has awesome music that I need to record as soon as I can. Plus, I like the Japanese community better because they actually go out and do stuff.

*coughblock20cough*

And you know I love ya for it. No homo.

So where's that full version Falz Hunar battle theme I asked you about, oh, a couple of months ago? I'dve expected you to have your Matter Board DONE by then!

Porkmaster
Feb 12, 2013, 10:31 PM
So where's that full version Falz Hunar battle theme I asked you about, oh, a couple of months ago? I'dve expected you to have your Matter Board DONE by then!

Yeah, I'm just now getting back into PSO2 regularly. Since all these updates that I've missed, it's been a much better experience.

Workin' through my Matter Boards when servers come back up, so Falz Hunar's comin'.

BIG OLAF
Feb 12, 2013, 10:34 PM
I like the Japanese community better because they actually go out and do stuff.

*coughblock20cough*

As long as you realize that there are plenty of EN players that 'do stuff'. It's just that a good majority of them don't play on Block 20, ever.

Porkmaster
Feb 12, 2013, 10:39 PM
As long as you realize that there are plenty of EN players that 'do stuff'.

Of course. You're one of 'em.

jerrykun
Feb 12, 2013, 11:57 PM
Japanese content is always going to be ahead, but the international version could pamper their users releasing exclusive content before the Japanese version, just like what they are doing with the Vita version, some content is released first on the Vita and I don't see a lot of people crying about it because it is unfair, it makes Vita players feel cool. If they do this with the NA version, it would make a lot of players comfortable.

I want to use Pokémon games as an example.
Japanese versions of Pokémon are released first, they make a lot of events, giveaways, pokémons released with events, etc.
A year later the game gets released internationally on different languages and everyone gets access to the same story, etc.
The problem comes with JP exclusive content (that has already released), A LOT of events exclusive to JP never come to NA or other regions, NA has to adapt the content to release it during NA exclusive events like Gamestop, Target, etc giveaways, even the European, Latin American communities (among others) are unlucky to get NA exclusive content.

With all this being said, how would NA version handle a NetCafe Shop and points?
are people in other regions interested in purchasing AC Scratch to get yukata costumes? or would they prefer a more international look?
I've never seen a game keep up with their JP versions (content wise) but I've seen them succeed merging communities (Pokémon Global Trade, Pokemon Dream World, etc). If SEGA fails merging communities somehow, they are gonna waste a lot of resources, and as far as I know, since it is an online game, language is important to have fun and understand each other's jokes, etc. I would love to see a JP player drop a couple jokes while we play in a party, but guess what, I don't understand Japanese, hahaha.

EDIT: NetCafe Shop is a good example to show how this game is very well designed for the Japanese community (not many players in other countries are used to play in NetCafes), it would be hard to make up for that on the international version (among other JP content)

Anatha
Feb 13, 2013, 01:42 AM
PSO invented neither hack and slash nor dungeon crawlers.

supersonix9
Feb 13, 2013, 01:49 AM
I spent 1500 hours on this character. I ain't makin' a new one.

jerrykun
Feb 13, 2013, 02:01 AM
In my opinion, a full English version is more appealing to invest some bucks for AC.

Cagedtaytay
Feb 13, 2013, 03:05 AM
And yet you lurk here, where that stuff runs like flowing water out of a faucet. What exactly are you trying to prove by doing things like this, the act of making a post trying to get people to follow your mindset when everyone's entitled to do things their own way?

Reading is one thing. Experiencing it is another.
Why you trying to make a fight outta this bro? Was just saying why I was gonna be playing NA or JP, giving my opinion.

Renvalt
Feb 15, 2013, 09:47 AM
Yeah, I'm just now getting back into PSO2 regularly. Since all these updates that I've missed, it's been a much better experience.

Workin' through my Matter Boards when servers come back up, so Falz Hunar's comin'.

Grind them boards, boy~ I've been waiting for too long to have that song from you.

Punisher106
Feb 15, 2013, 07:22 PM
I'm pretty sure that this is SoA, currently:
http://puu.sh/23b4D

Cagedtaytay
Feb 15, 2013, 08:52 PM
I'm pretty sure that this is SoA, currently:
http://puu.sh/23b4D

JONTRON. ASDFGHJKL.
I love you.

Gama
Feb 15, 2013, 09:01 PM