PDA

View Full Version : Tech/Ra or Tech/Gu?

holmwood
Feb 9, 2013, 06:25 PM
I'm now thoroughly bored of the Tech/Fo arrangement.
I could do Tech/Fi, but I suck at close range.
Anyway! I've valued the pros and cons for each.

Now, essentially, I want something a little more dps oriented.

Tech/Ra:
Pro: weak bullet is great for parties. I can activate it nearly constantly. There is SOME synergy with weak bullet and PP convert since you can't regen pp without sacrificing a weak bullet, and changing weapons to recharge PP. With a large enough PP pool, I can have enough PP to spam PAs for around 3 weak bullets. The last weak bullet... I can just regen pp normally. :P
Con: Cooldown time. Weak bullet's cooldown may be 90 seconds, but PP convert is 120 seconds. I would have 30+ seconds of downtime. Additionally, the assault rifle doesn't seem to be a great use of weak bullet because it doesn't seem very strong. That's from my experience as a level 30 Ranger, but correct me if I'm wrong... Not sure how a level 40 or 55 stacks up.

Tech/Gu:
Pro: Can alternate between PP convert tech spamming and Chain Trigger burst damage with guns. Downtime isn't that bad because of awesome PP regen. The cycle could go something like this: Normal Attack (20 seconds) >Tech Spam (30 second pp convert)> Tech spam (20 seconds for remaining PP) > Chain Trigger Burst (30 seconds to set up and execute) > Normal Attack (20 second) > repeat

Con: Not that party oriented. Chain trigger doesn't benefit the party as much as Weak Bullet. Additionally, unlike Assault Rifles, there are no decent All Class versions of weapons for either wand or guns. This would mean that I would have to settle for a lame wand/talis or a lame TMG. Umbra stick is hard to get as well, and can soon be outdated. :(

The Walrus
Feb 9, 2013, 06:30 PM
Te/Fi is better than both and you don't actually have to be in close range. That said go with Te/Ra of the two. At the very least you'll be better at supporting the team.

Raymee
Feb 9, 2013, 06:30 PM
I'd rather go for gunner for PP attack restorate.

Since you're a techer and you have wand gear, might as well gain a lot of PP while hitting at the same time.

Most stuff if not 99% except weak bullet is useless. I'm not sure if weak hit advance applies to not only guns but melee. If it is, then go for Ranger.

holmwood
Feb 9, 2013, 06:50 PM
Te/Fi is better than both and you don't actually have to be in close range. That said go with Te/Ra of the two. At the very least you'll be better at supporting the team.

Te/Fi doesn't have to be in close range? Tell me more please. ^^
How would you approach a boss like Banther with a Te/Fi? Especially when you're low on PP.

SPOnion
Feb 9, 2013, 06:55 PM
I would say RA/TE instead of TE/RA if you find weakbullet and convert feasible. All class rifle and launchers are kind of harder to find and weaker and TE/RA won't do damage with techs anyway. You might as well use a launcher to clear the mobs.

The Walrus
Feb 9, 2013, 09:01 PM
Te/Fi doesn't have to be in close range? Tell me more please. ^^
How would you approach a boss like Banther with a Te/Fi? Especially when you're low on PP.

The stances work no matter what kind of attack you're using so techniques still get a buff. And I would dodge still it stops its current attack sequence then shoot a couple times with a gunslash if I didn't feel confident in whacking it a few times with a wand

holmwood
Feb 11, 2013, 02:39 PM
Is there any way to make a viable combination of techs and weak bullet? :no:

I want to be useful during parties especially for advance quest, and weak bullet allows me to do that but i still want to use techs! :(

-Even if I was going to be Ra/Te, the damage will still be pretty lame because assault rifles are BLEH. Tried it out today, and can't really spam PAs that well unless PP convert goes beyond level 3 (which would essentially ruin my Tech build in the future . . .).
-Therefore, I won't be able to make full use of all 4 weak bullets even with a sub techer unless I just sit there for 18 seconds at a time until weak bullet wears off or I get enough pp (which takes forever) to spam a couple PAs.
-If I can't make use of all 4 weak bullets, dps of party goes down. If I start spamming techs, I would do leet damage for 18 seconds, and be pretty gimp afterwards.

UnLucky
Feb 11, 2013, 02:54 PM
use the baby crawl PA during WB it's pretty cool

or just cast techs off your bar

I'd rather have FO/RA if you're not gonna main the bullet shooter

Seravi Edalborez
Feb 11, 2013, 03:14 PM
Do not sub RA just for Weak Bullet (basically: if you're not a Gunner).
Mixing weapon types (S-ATK, R-ATK, T-ATK) basically never works with the rare exception of like FO/FI or FI/FO.

RA/TE is a masterful WB machine and has an excuse to throw out support techs sometimes. Don't bother with offensive techs. The Rifle itself is not fantastically strong but this is meant for parties that can deal out constant WB-ized damage. /TE is in the equation to help you use Rifle PAs faster.

TE/anythingbutFO is sort of missing the point. And the point is that FO/TE or FO/FI outperforms TE/FO.

If you're not concerned with being "sort of optimal" and want to be more fun/experiment-y, just play whatever you want. /RA is fine to help parties no matter what your class but it usually is better to just do your class 100% and let a dedicated GU or RA handle Weak Bullet.

holmwood
Feb 11, 2013, 04:42 PM
Ookay.

Well I did a personal calculation, and it turns out that in terms of Dps, Fo/Fi (wise) > Fo/Te > Fo/Fi (brave) >> Te/Ra >> Tech/Gu... although Fo/Te and Fo/Fi were comparable.

This means neither Tech/Ra and Tech/Gu are good for solo play.

Well I tried. XD

--
I guess I'll have to choose between Fo/Te and Gu/Ra then...

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 11, 2013, 04:50 PM
more like >>>>Te/Ra