PDA

View Full Version : Installation Issue, Please Help!

bones00007
Feb 9, 2013, 10:47 PM
I am running windows 7, and have a Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 cpu, 64 bit, and a NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250M (First time ever posting specs, so not sure what else to put...)

But anyways when I run the PSO_Setup.exe on my desktop (I already checked and double checked that I have all the 1a,1b,1c,1d,2a,2b,2c,2d Setup.bin they are all there) But when I run the PSO_SETUP.exe it starts, I press accept and use their default directory. C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2, however I notice when I am going through this most of the writing is just squares, no actually japanese characters (not sure if that has anything to do with it.) But It starts the installation, gets to.. "C:\...\pso2_bin\data\win32\0f6afd73310Sc205f4179b 2cb99357af" Then it just stops, and about 3-4 minutes later an error pops up saying
"C:\Program Files
(x86)\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pso2_bin\data\win32 \0f6afd73310Sc205f4179b2cb99357af
Then a bunch of boxes?
The Request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.
Then more boxes"
Abort Retry Ignore <-- (buttons)

I have no idea what to do, please help :(!

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 10, 2013, 01:52 AM
It's all in boxes cause your japanese langauge pack is either missing or didn;t load properly. Some will tell you you need to set your computer's region to japan but this isn't true, mine's been USA for 2 years and I installed the game just fine. First try restarting and see if that takes care of teh boxes. it doesn't really matter if they're there or not but it might help people figure out what's wrong. Also make sure you have the installer set to run as admin. it needs to be able to update your registry and place files in places that require administrator access. if that doesn't work, try running the downloader again and make sure all the files are complete. even if they're all there they may not have finished downloading.

Let us know how it goes from there.

Also, make sure you're running windows 7 SP1. it looks like you have an older computer based on your video card so it may be an early edition of windows 7 unless you've been letting it update constantly.

Kion
Feb 10, 2013, 02:02 AM
That more seems like you don't have asian language support installed.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 10, 2013, 02:06 AM
I didn't even know you could opt out of that. I know on Mac OS you could choose which languaes to install and all, but I've never seen that on a windows installation and I always hit to customize button on these things.

Anyway I've seen windows mysteriously LOSE a language pack for no reason and find it again on restart. I'm not sure you even need the language pack to run/install the game since none of the filenames use japanese characters.

CJ Johnny
Feb 10, 2013, 05:43 AM
I am running windows 7, and have a Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 cpu, 64 bit, and a NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250M (First time ever posting specs, so not sure what else to put...)

But anyways when I run the PSO_Setup.exe on my desktop (I already checked and double checked that I have all the 1a,1b,1c,1d,2a,2b,2c,2d Setup.bin they are all there) But when I run the PSO_SETUP.exe it starts, I press accept and use their default directory. C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2, however I notice when I am going through this most of the writing is just squares, no actually japanese characters (not sure if that has anything to do with it.) But It starts the installation, gets to.. "C:\...\pso2_bin\data\win32\0f6afd73310Sc205f4179b 2cb99357af" Then it just stops, and about 3-4 minutes later an error pops up saying
"C:\Program Files
(x86)\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pso2_bin\data\win32 \0f6afd73310Sc205f4179b2cb99357af
Then a bunch of boxes?
The Request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.
Then more boxes"
Abort Retry Ignore <-- (buttons)

I have no idea what to do, please help :(!

*There are None (No) 'Language Pack' for Wndows7 32 or 64.
It is part of the OS.

Ask yourself this!
When was the last time, 'You did a Windows Update'. (or can your version of Windows can run Windows Update)
And 'How many -Unsign- Software' You had installed on your system.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 10, 2013, 05:49 AM
It is part of the OS.

Yeah I thought this was the case.

Maronji
Feb 10, 2013, 07:03 AM

Well, technically, there are, but "language pack" is a bit of a misnomer compared to what we're used to. What these "language packs" do is install a "display language" that change all elements in Windows 7 (Ultimate editions only) to whatever language you set. They don't necessarily have the effects we'd want to use them for compared to, say, Windows XP's East Asian Language Support option.

I've never required a language pack on Windows 7 to see Japanese characters (my laptop, which is only Home Premium, is proof of this). I've only installed the Microsoft IME for Japanese and everything usually works fine for me after that (if it wasn't already working). I'd go with that to see if that fixes anything as far as Japanese characters not showing up correctly goes.

But from the looks of the error message you got, it might not be able to write to that location for some reason. Like SociableTyrannosaur said, make sure you're running the installer in Administrator Mode (it should be the second option under the right-click menu when you right-click the installer file).

bones00007
Feb 10, 2013, 01:33 PM
Completely removed everything from my computer (Related to PSO2) and I am redownloading the entire thing, hopefully this will give me an idea what is wrong. My Windows is also completely up to date, I update it everyday/check for one.... Not sure if this is a clue but the pso.jp website DOES show the Javanese characters, along with the downloader. I'll let you guys know how it goes in.... 6 hours.... Awesome. THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP/IDEAS ALSO! REALLY appreciate it!!!!!!!!!! :)

Edit: I also DID run the installer in admin mode from the start.

bones00007
Feb 10, 2013, 08:33 PM
Redownloaded the game, and when it starts to verify it gets to about 16% (1gb or so) it stops and my whole computer stops for a second, just like freezes then 2-3 minutes later it comes up with an error message

Title is ?????? ???
Error message is ????? HTTP ????????????????[12152]

Help :(?

Edit: When I try to exit the download 3 empty bubbles come up, with Japanese writing next to each of them, not sure what to press or what to do. :(!

Edit2: http://tinypic.com/r/15qt5zp/6 (Image of the Options when I try to exit the downloader.
http://tinypic.com/r/14c5rx1/6 (Image of the Error after the 2-3 minute freeze.)