PDA

View Full Version : Please Help - Romanji to Kanji?

Nikoshae
Feb 10, 2013, 10:25 AM
I've been stuck for over two hours on a problem. I just want to play, but I also want to accomplish this. I didn't want to start a new thread. I spent two hours browsing around in frustration trying to find the answers myself.

I'm wanting to buy AC, have the webmoney taken care of. Now I go to login to my account at Sega, no problem. I go to select an amount. The next page wants my name in kanji, katakana, address, et cetera. I have no issue with any part of that ... except for kanji.

The name I chose works just fine in katakana, and even hiragana, and even shows a romaji translation. But I need kanji, and after two hours of trying to find a converter to get me the same name in kanji ... I can't find this answer. I'm just frustrated. I want to play. I want to have fun. I want to upload the webmoney I already paid for. And I can't.

Does anyone have a solution?

oratank
Feb 10, 2013, 10:29 AM
google translate?

Nikoshae
Feb 10, 2013, 10:32 AM
google translate?

That shows me the katakana, unfortunately. But thanks for the suggestion.

Caledonia
Feb 10, 2013, 10:34 AM
http://www.cs.technion.ac.il/~danken/kanjidic.html

Nikoshae
Feb 10, 2013, 10:39 AM
http://www.cs.technion.ac.il/~danken/kanjidic.html

I've been there before, and I suppose I just don't quite understand how to use it. I put in the full word (name) and it gives me the full hiragana, katakana, but kanji remains blank.

Do I have to do it by individual syllable? I try that, but I'm given a SLEW of kanji characters per individual syllable, so I'm not sure which is correct.

ShoujoQ
Feb 10, 2013, 10:39 AM
Just pick 4 random kanji.

Caledonia
Feb 10, 2013, 10:42 AM
It is by syllable, and it's all possible kanji it gives you back... I don't really know if there are hard 'n' fast rules over which ones you're supposed to take or why.

Kion
Feb 10, 2013, 10:50 AM
Screen shots of the page you're looking at would help. If you mean the part for you name that says:

Last Name (kanji) First Name (kanji)
Last Name (katakana) First Name (katakana)

It's not actually kanji, as along as it's full width characters. So You should be able to write hiragana in there and have it work.
きら やまと
キラ ヤマト

But screenshots of what your looking at would help.

Nikoshae
Feb 10, 2013, 10:55 AM
Screen shots of the page you're looking at would help. If you mean the part for you name that says:

Last Name (kanji) First Name (kanji)
Last Name (katakana) First Name (katakana)

It's not actually kanji, as along as it's full width characters. So You should be able to write hiragana in there and have it work.
きら やまと
キラ ヤマト

But screenshots of what your looking at would help.

Sure, give me a few.

Nikoshae
Feb 10, 2013, 11:06 AM
Okay, here's the page in question ... or at least the relevant part of it. It's immediately after selecting how much AC you want to purchase, method of payment ... they ask for all sorts of information. I have everything else, but the circled part confounds me.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s180/Eternamente926/kanjiorhiragana.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Kion
Feb 10, 2013, 11:11 AM
Yeah, you should be able to get by with what I wrote above. Basically not all Japanese people use characters for their names, like my friend ありす (Alice), so those input need full width hiragana, katakana or kanji characters. So I think

きら やまと
キラ ヤマト

(kira yamato)Should work as input for that. If it gives you issues then it might be giving you different problems, like the name isn't the name you registered with, the address doesn't work or something stupid like that. So try it with the moon scratches here, and if you get an error screen shot that.

darthvader
Feb 10, 2013, 11:14 AM
Okay, here's the page in question ... or at least the relevant part of it. It's immediately after selecting how much AC you want to purchase, method of payment ... they ask for all sorts of information. I have everything else, but the circled part confounds me.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s180/Eternamente926/kanjiorhiragana.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

thats asking the name in kanji, left box family name right box given name. but my friend entered family name as kanji and given name as hiragana and it works for him

below those box is how you spell your kanji name in katakana

and this is how i picked my name (i picked two random names for family and given name) : http://www.babynames.ch/Info/Language/laJapanese

Nikoshae
Feb 10, 2013, 11:25 AM
Yeah, you should be able to get by with what I wrote above. Basically not all Japanese people use characters for their names, like my friend ありす (Alice), so those input need full width hiragana, katakana or kanji characters. So I think

きら やまと
キラ ヤマト

(kira yamato)Should work as input for that. If it gives you issues then it might be giving you different problems, like the name isn't the name you registered with, the address doesn't work or something stupid like that. So try it with the moon scratches here, and if you get an error screen shot that.

Wow, finally lmao ... that worked, that worked, I thank you for that advice.

I didn't want to just choose kanji at random for fear of them translating and being like ... his name is duck soup au gratin? That's not what the other part says ...

Thank you so much for that tip. This probably should be on the Guide to getting AC.