PDA

View Full Version : Loot divide system

Du1337
Feb 10, 2013, 03:04 PM
I was wondering, is there a system how to share loot when playing with others? I remember psu had a freeforall, a fair 1 2 3 4 system and a dice-system. What systems are used in pso2?

Posted from Pso-world.com App for Android

Anatha
Feb 10, 2013, 03:05 PM
Everyone gets their own loot, you can't trade unless you both pay for premium.

Aeris
Feb 10, 2013, 03:06 PM
PSO2 is using similar to the system that was used in PSZ, you have your own drops as well as everyone else.

Du1337
Feb 10, 2013, 03:10 PM
How does that look? cant really imagine. if i fight a boss and it drops a rare for ME. the other players cant see the item on the ground?

gigawuts
Feb 10, 2013, 03:12 PM
How does that look? cant really imagine. if i fight a boss and it drops a rare for ME. the other players cant see the item on the ground?

That's exactly right. It has its pros and cons. The good part is nobody can EVER take YOUR loot. Ever. No more assholes nipping your items as soon as the drop even though you called them and everyone agreed it'd be yours.

The downside is 10* and up items are the best, and they're account-bound. You can't trade them, sell them, or do anything but use them or vendor them. That's it. If you find the rarest weapon in the game, but don't play the right class, well that's too fucking bad.

ashley50
Feb 10, 2013, 03:13 PM
They see different drops on each of their screen.

i.e.
Person 1 = Rare, meseta, weapon
Person 2 = Rare, meseta, meseta
Person 3 = weapon, weapon, weapon , meseta
Person 4 = meseta, meseta , meseta, meseta

Du1337
Feb 10, 2013, 03:17 PM
wow... so if u wanna hunt for a rare for char #1. u better not unt it with char #2. that kinda sux... its good they protect rares with being unable to sell/trade.

Du1337
Feb 10, 2013, 03:19 PM
or do i misunderstand? u can switch the item between ur own chars right....?

gigawuts
Feb 10, 2013, 03:19 PM
The bank is shared between all characters on that same ship. So if you have a character on ship 1 it can't access items on ship 2, but if you have 2 characters on ship 2 they can both access the same bank.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 10, 2013, 03:21 PM
Well in the very least you can share items with other characters on your own account, but yeah you coudl get 3 of the drop your friend wants before they ever see it and there's nothing you can do about it if it's 10* or higher

Du1337
Feb 10, 2013, 03:31 PM
Well in the very least you can share items with other characters on your own account, but yeah you coudl get 3 of the drop your friend wants before they ever see it and there's nothing you can do about it if it's 10* or higher

yes i know what u mean. thank u for explaining. even though it is a 10* minus, it still is the best way to block dupers

gigawuts
Feb 10, 2013, 03:39 PM
...Everything is handled server-side and duping is entirely nonexistent as far as I'm aware.

The Walrus
Feb 10, 2013, 03:44 PM
Damn shame we can't say the same for bots

Du1337
Feb 10, 2013, 03:50 PM
What kind of bots are there? S&D buff bots? Like in psu?

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 10, 2013, 03:54 PM
yes i know what u mean. thank u for explaining. even though it is a 10* minus, it still is the best way to block dupers

It has nothing to do with duping and everything to do with sega making bad decisions.

The Walrus
Feb 10, 2013, 04:01 PM
What kind of bots are there? S&D buff bots? Like in psu?

No I mean like actual bots...characters being controlled by an outside program.

Du1337
Feb 10, 2013, 04:03 PM
Quote:

Originally Posted by Du1337

It has nothing to do with duping and everything to do with sega making bad decisions.

The items are protected now wich is good... psu was about items being sold for the max amount of money cuz even money culd b duped... now the items cant.

gigawuts
Feb 10, 2013, 04:09 PM
The items are protected now wich is good... psu was about items being sold for the max amount of money cuz even money culd b duped... now the items cant.

To the best of my knowledge, things like that were the result of flawed client-side handling of things.

Basically, these are nonexistent problems in PSO2, and account-bound 10*'s are not at all about combating duping. They're about making sure the person that finds five items cannot redistribute one to the person who finds zero, and instead the person who finds zero has to resort to buying - with real money - a mediocre 30 minute droprate booster.

They've made it pretty clear they don't care much about the economy.

Du1337
Feb 10, 2013, 04:23 PM
Quote:

Originally Posted by Du1337

To the best of my knowledge, things like that were the result of flawed client-side handling of things.

Basically, these are nonexistent problems in PSO2, and account-bound 10*'s are not at all about combating duping. They're about making sure the person that finds five items cannot redistribute one to the person who finds zero, and instead the person who finds zero has to resort to buying - with real money - a mediocre 30 minute droprate booster.

They've made it pretty clear they don't care much about the economy.

if u say so...

Galax
Feb 10, 2013, 05:43 PM
if u say so...

To give you an example, I recently found a Ruin Charm. That's a 10* Sword. It's really, really good.

Guess what? I don't play HU.
Like at all.

I've also found a Pico Hammer from the Love Rappies.
Guess what?
I don't FO either.
Not much anyway.

I can't give them to people on my team or friendlist who DO want these weapons and DO play the classes that use them; I can't sell them in a shop if I get another 3day ticket; I can only trade them for an Excube. I did just that with the Ruin Charm; But it's really, really stupid that I can't even give the item to someone who would appreciate it more than I can, and all because SEGA doesn't want me trading without giving them money - money I don't have quite yet - and even if I did give them money, it's 10*; SEGA doesn't let us trade 10*s and up. Why? In theory, to increase the feeling of accomplishment from finding such a rare item by your own merit without having that feeling crushed because you see 50 other people with it, 45 of whom just shelled out a couple million meseta they made grinding to hunt the weapon and selling their loot either on the player shop market or to NPC vendors.

It's a pretty sad set up.

MetalDude
Feb 10, 2013, 05:53 PM
Basically, they attempted to make money more valuable with the player shops but then decided that it lowered the value in hunting weapons yourself so they made 10*'s untradeable.

Instead of you know, just making them tradeable and not sellable. Can't tell you how many people I know who would go premium just so we can rectify stupid drop issues (me finding two forks when numerous FOs on the team had spent hours hunting for just one).

Dongra
Feb 10, 2013, 05:54 PM
One of the greatest aspects of PSO was being able to sell or trade items. I still find the decision to make the rarest items account bound to be a poor one.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 10, 2013, 05:54 PM
if u say so...

I'm not really sure why you're arguing with everyone who's assuring you that duping isn't an issue. if duping were possible you'd see people selling 9* weapons (there are amazing ones that people buy for 20+ million meseta without batting an eye) en masse and their value would drop like a rock.

Not to mention rare 9* armors with affixes.

Or AC items

Doesn't happen.

GtSaiyaMan
Feb 11, 2013, 05:24 PM
Everyone gets their own loot, you can't trade unless you both pay for premium.

Thanks very much for the info Anatha.. i was really wondering about this.