PDA

View Full Version : Rate my build: Fighter/Ranger

Cortte
Feb 11, 2013, 04:53 AM
http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.html?03kIbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkcU0ibIn 000000febHnGBboGKIbcA0000Ib2QGFIkqseIdK0000Ib0000I b00000ib00000f

The idea here is to give Fighter it's usual strengths, but throw in chase advance for added damage to status effected enemies. Ranger comes in with the WHAs and WB of course. Plus the added bonus of jallen shot, stun grenades, and posion traps.

So lets say we are soloing a rockbear I guess. We start the fight by activating Brave stance, then weak bullet. Throw stuns at him. Once he is stunned, use weak bullet and then lay a poison trap.

So in a perfect world where things work fine you have poison damage, WB damage, brave stance damage, and chaser damage all at once. Then after WB fades off you can stun lock him with grenades, or just fight him normally. I'm imagining this build using D.Sabers because of the multi hitting gear. Sounds kind of nice to me.

-EDIT- If we had 10 more points we could also add Chase bind and just keep him in place while we destroy him

Rien
Feb 11, 2013, 05:01 AM
Weak Hit Advance only works on shooting attacks.

Stuns don't work on bosses save Gwanada, and only when it's using the grab attack and it has someone in its jaws.

You can't boss with this.

Blackheart521
Feb 11, 2013, 05:01 AM
Thing is those stun "grenades" take 5 seconds to place and then you have to consider that bosses don't always get affected by statuses from traps, that's leaving a lot of time with no damage and leaving a lot to chance. ^^;

Rien
Feb 11, 2013, 05:02 AM
Stun Grenades aren't traps. You do throw them.

Cortte
Feb 11, 2013, 05:08 AM
Oh go figure stuns don't work on bosses. And I totally overlooked WHA only working with shots.....This build is no longer useful lol.

Blackheart521
Feb 11, 2013, 05:08 AM
Stun Grenades aren't traps. You do throw them.

Oh whoops my bad, must've mistaken them for the traps ^^; disregard that part of my statement then