PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth waiting for the western release?

Fulgrim
Feb 11, 2013, 12:27 PM
Just as the title says, is it worth it?

I'm getting tired of the zero updates provided by SoA on any form of a release date for the western world so I wanted to get the communities feedback on what it's like to play the game with the English patch. With their February release date of the PS Vita version of the game (Which is in Japanese as well? -_-#) I don't see us getting an updated release date anytime soon. Unfortunately I never learned to read /speak Japanese so how is the language barrier for people in a similar position? I had also heard that the English patch hasn't fully translated the story which is usually what I try to complete first in any video game I play.

Klypto
Feb 11, 2013, 12:30 PM
English Story patch is still being finished, but it's pretty good so far, you could still hold off on the story section if you really had to.

Ultimately, your only limitations will be that the names of items are in Japanese (which can't be translated, so you have to copy-paste with sources like cirnopedia) and AC is a little bit harder to obtain.

UnLucky
Feb 11, 2013, 12:34 PM
We might probably get some sort of message from Sega concerning PSO2 in the next couple months hopefully maybe.

But with the patch, item list/skill guides, and copy paste, you can easily get by.

Should be a story patch out soon, too. Sooner than the English release, though that's not hard to beat.

Vintasticvin
Feb 11, 2013, 12:56 PM
Its totally worth the wait but if you cant wait to play theres a capcha guide list with copy paste hiragana <3

Nikoshae
Feb 11, 2013, 01:10 PM
I held out for the NA version, but I caved in last week some time. I wish I'd caved in sooner. I had a lot of great help through this forum community, and gameplay wouldn't be any different. I'm anticipating the story patch, though, but beyond that I don't feel I miss anything much. Any questions I have are answered by fantastic people, or I can find the answers right here.

I plan to play the NA version only so I can experience the character voice acting that way. You know when you watch a really good anime, but it's in Japanese with English subtitles? And then you watch the English version? Things changed in translation and the like? I want to experience that for esses and gees, cuz it amuses me.

Fulgrim
Feb 11, 2013, 01:46 PM
I held out for the NA version, but I caved in last week some time. I wish I'd caved in sooner. I had a lot of great help through this forum community, and gameplay wouldn't be any different. I'm anticipating the story patch, though, but beyond that I don't feel I miss anything much. Any questions I have are answered by fantastic people, or I can find the answers right here.

I plan to play the NA version only so I can experience the character voice acting that way. You know when you watch a really good anime, but it's in Japanese with English subtitles? And then you watch the English version? Things changed in translation and the like? I want to experience that for esses and gees, cuz it amuses me.

I think I will probably do the same if I don't hear anything by March then. I can only hope that there will be a Japanese voice option with English subtitles (Thank you DW:G) for the western release, it is defiantly a mood killer to hear terrible English voice acting

gigawuts
Feb 11, 2013, 01:49 PM
Short answer: No

Long answer: Not really, but some people want to wait for their own reasons, but those reasons aren't holding many of us back (Don't want to deal with patches, don't want to learn anything while playing games, etc.)

I get wanting to simply play a game without any hassles, but some of us aren't hindered by these things because we're either used to things like patches, or enjoy learning while playing a game (I'm learning bits of japanese as I play, starting from complete illiteracy in the pre-open beta test). So the game is great for us.

Darki
Feb 11, 2013, 01:49 PM
Why would you wait to test a game that is already released in another language and is free of charge? You don't really lose anything...

UnLucky
Feb 11, 2013, 01:54 PM
Its totally worth the wait
If it's not I will hold you directly accountable.

Lumpen Thingy
Feb 11, 2013, 04:40 PM
short answer hell no play the jp version now :D

Vintasticvin
Feb 11, 2013, 07:56 PM
If it's not I will hold you directly accountable.

Do as you wish Unlucky should things go as the ragers had prophesied then I will humbly accept my judgement but its up to the individual if they want to play now or wait and I admire the ones waiting even if things don't go right.