PDA

View Full Version : Dark Falz Elder Lyrics?

Kierto
Feb 11, 2013, 08:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C8cy3oyakA
(Thanks Crys)

I'm curious, does anyone have any idea of the Lyrics to Elder's theme? I can't really find anything on the Wiki or other JP sites but maybe I'm missing something.

I'm just curious if there's any throwaway things or geek factor about the Falz/Profound Darkness/PS series etc or if it's just some typical MONSTROUS EMPTY DIE FATEEEE cliché. Or maybe it's just a Whole New World in another language..

It's the first fully lyrical theme Falz has ever had, I think? So with not being able to recycle words from a previous game maybe they've had to straight up write something. Effort! Impossible!

EDIT: Oh wait, The Vibe ~End of Planets~ from PSU also had words.

Zyrusticae
Feb 11, 2013, 10:05 PM
I'm no linguist, but I got the impression that the singing is actually in Japanese, not Latin. But my vocabulary in either language is too weak for me to say for certain...

Rien
Feb 11, 2013, 11:39 PM
It's probably some latin stuff I don't want to look into.

Alenoir
Feb 12, 2013, 09:15 AM
It's not Japanese, that's for sure.

KaffeKane
Feb 12, 2013, 10:41 AM
It sounds like it's broken up between Japanese, Latin, and English, but I think it's better left unknown.

Galax
Feb 12, 2013, 10:43 AM
Speak for yourself, Kaffe; I wanna know what they're saying. The background "chanting" in PSO1, when fighting form 3 of Falz, sounded like "Don't go back; Don't hold back" and the like; It was almost as if the spirits of the damned and the consumed on the first field were cheering you on.

Crysteon
Feb 12, 2013, 10:49 AM
PSO2: Dark Falz Elder Battle Theme - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C8cy3oyakA)
(Thanks Crys)

Np! lol...

It may be Latin, or even Italian (some words sound like said in a characteristic Italian accent).

Zorafim
Feb 12, 2013, 11:30 AM
Eh? Words? I always thought it was random vowels which sounded good with those particular notes. I never even thought there might be words behind them.

KaffeKane
Feb 13, 2013, 01:01 PM
That's exactly why I'd much rather leave it unknown.

The background "chanting" in PSO1, when fighting form 3 of Falz, sounded like "Don't go back; Don't hold back" and the like; It was almost as if the spirits of the damned and the consumed on the first field were cheering you on.

Personal speculation is a very powerful thing, which, I believe, you have just proved exists. So leave it up to anyone's guess, rather than solving the mystery.

It all could just be a bunch of cobbled-together nonsense that just sounds cool. I mean, I hear this from DF Elder's lyrics:

TV's From Jen,
Tama Bread Woozy,
Evil Genta,
All the Wootini Spa

So...yeah...it sounds like nonsense to me, and I'd much rather leave it alone.