PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Advance Quests - Match-ups, Tips and Tricks

Meji
Feb 12, 2013, 05:34 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/meijerem/advancequests_zps3f5c3161.png

ADVANCE QUESTS
Information about the Advance Quests can be found on Bumped (http://bumped.org/psublog/advance-quests-are-coming-to-pso2/).

With the Advance Quest patch hitting in a few hours, I figured I'll make a thread where we can share information, tips and trick of the Advance Quests with eachother (pretty much like the "Experience of being Abducted (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203801)" thread).
I will fill this first page with useful hints on the different Advance Quests when more information hits the net. In the meantime, feel free to stick around this thread for speculations, rants and hopes.

Here's a few things to discuss:

Will the AQ cost affect this games economy?
Will the new items bring up the Grinder prices?
Is using Rare Drop boost tickets during AQs a good idea?
Sakai's shoe size

Since these quests will costs about ~500k to run per person, finding 3 other party members willing to pay this cost won't always be an easy task. Therefore, I figured people could post a little information in here whenever they're in dire need of a party to play Advanced Quests with.

Tips & Tricks

You activate Advance Quests by being LV45+ and going to the quest gate (Koffee will speak to you).
Koffee gives you 10 free capsules for each quest type (Forest/Cave/Desert) when you clear her Client Order, so the first tour is free.
The capsules themselves cost:

50k for Forest
60k for Caves
70k for Dessert
Advance Quests can be played Solo
They have a time limit of 60:00
To be able to increase the Advance Risk, Koffee's CO's for each area must first be completed.
The Capsules are a fairly common drop in the AQs
The "Red Series" weapons drop in AQs
There's a chance weapons/units drop with a LV 3 ability (Power III, etc). Make sure you check your equipment before NPC-selling it.
Maps are always randomized
Bosses (A3) are always random
Clones can spawn, since these are Single Party areas (no idea of Paralell worlds yet)
LV15 PA's drop in AQs
Risk Levels increase whenever a map is cleared.
For every LV3 Risk (3,6,9, etc), enemy level is increased by 1, until LV60 (risk 12).
The Risk Level of the quest all depends on the leader. Even if you've never played any AQs, you can still join another player who's at (for example) Risk LV+6.
[B] High risk level increases the rate of infected enemies.
Higher risk levels increase enemy speed (like how enemies were faster in Ultimate, back on PSO)

[SPOILER-BOX]
So, what differentiates Advance Quests from everything else:

1. Nothing respawns, but what DOES spawn tends to spawn in much larger and far more persistent groups. You can actually end up spending 5 minutes in the same block just constantly downing swarms of enemies. I like that.

2. Of course, everything is higher level. This means more HP and more damage output, so you have to be more careful about getting hit AND you have to stay focused for a longer duration, which keeps things more interesting than in standard quests (and certainly more than in TAs, at least IMO).

3. DROPS OMG. It's so weird to actually get at least one 7*+ rare per run. Of course, these rares are probably going to be worthless because of the frequency of the drops, but it remains a nice change of pace from not seeing anything after dozens of hours of MPA farming.

4. You need capsules, and you're incentivized to clear EVERYTHING to maximize the number of capsules you attain (alongside all the other drops, naturally). If you clear everything you're guaranteed at least 10 capsules and will probably rack up a surplus over time (this is where letting the leader pay for other party members comes into play). The capsule system itself means you're likely to do a round-robin on the missions, going from forest -> caves -> desert and back again, which again is a nice change of pace from running the same area over and over again.

5. The bosses have an extra element of challenge in the form of the unusual adds. The Vol Dragon has dinians accompanying him (the ones with the shields), whereas the Tranmizers get Signo Guns, which are a far cry from the diggs and the... nothing, in the case of the mizers. I don't know what the banther gets because I always run without adds (seriously, those fuckers are hard enough on their own as it is).

6. At least one PSE Burst is all but guaranteed in each run.

7. They're LONG. Unless your party is unusually strong, these will take you at least 40 minutes each to completely wipe the map clean, and gets longer when your advance risk gets higher, and higher, and higher. Definitely not for quick play sessions, and certainly not for players who don't at least have a ground up lambda rare on hand. I'll be honest - fatigue was setting in by the third run. It just requires enough concentration that I don't think I could handle running more than a handful per day.

All in all, I think they're a positive addition to the game. They're pretty consistently engaging and provide enough carrots to keep on pushing through to the end. They're not going to retain their appeal forever (obviously), but then, I don't ever expect anything to. I just want more options, and this is one of the better ones so far.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Best luck to all of us, stay sharp.

Requiem Aeternam
Feb 12, 2013, 05:37 PM
As much as I want to do these I won't be doing them for a long time. Not until I have both my characters with their main class and sub classes at level 55. That and I'm dirt broke right now ^^;

MetalDude
Feb 12, 2013, 05:40 PM
Sakai's foot is definitely a 7.

Anduril
Feb 12, 2013, 05:41 PM
Well, there is apparently going to be a CO that covers our first AQ, so most people will at least attempt to do it once. I am hesitant to try it right off the bat, but the new weapons that need spellstones are just too tempting.

BIG OLAF
Feb 12, 2013, 05:45 PM
I probably won't get a chance to play w/ any friends either way, since they'll all most likely be doing AQs whilst I'm a work everyday. But, if they can be soloed, then yes, I will.

Gen2000
Feb 12, 2013, 05:55 PM
Adv. Quests the only thing left really holding a firm attention of this game for me. If it's even half as good as Darker's Den I'll be running as much as possible (MGR coming out next week so my attention is already split). Else I'm back to mainly afk'ing and just helping friends with whatever they need or just not booting up the launcher at all.

Z-0
Feb 12, 2013, 06:18 PM
I don't think Advanced Quests are actually going to see much change in the market. At the very least, they'll make prices of fodders, grinders and affix boosts go up due to a large new drop table (eg: what happened when VH was released).

There are people with a lot of meseta out there, because it's not hard to obtain it, unless you insist on staying a free player.

As for the CO to help with the payment of your first AQ, I think it will work like this:

[spoiler-box]The Client Order for the Forest Capsules are actually daily. This will let you get into Forest, and then you'll play each of the Advanced Quests in an order (Forest -> Caves -> Desert). After you do your run a day, you will then have to pay full price for the next set of runs you want to do, and considering the majority of players are complaining about the price, most people will not do this.[/spoiler-box]

Renvalt
Feb 12, 2013, 07:01 PM
I don't think Advanced Quests are actually going to see much change in the market. At the very least, they'll make prices of fodders, grinders and affix boosts go up due to a large new drop table (eg: what happened when VH was released).

There are people with a lot of meseta out there, because it's not hard to obtain it, unless you insist on staying a free player.

As for the CO to help with the payment of your first AQ, I think it will work like this:

[spoiler-box]The Client Order for the Forest Capsules are actually daily. This will let you get into Forest, and then you'll play each of the Advanced Quests in an order (Forest -> Caves -> Desert). After you do your run a day, you will then have to pay full price for the next set of runs you want to do, and considering the majority of players are complaining about the price, most people will not do this.[/spoiler-box]

From what I've read, the capsules are a rather common drop. Ricardo's blog says on this matter that Sakai (or whatever entity you wish to use here) stated this. So who knows? It may be a lot easier than you think.

And a little advice: pessimistic speculation never helped anyone. If you really feel that this game isn't offering you the time you want, then quit. It's that easy.

.... Or you can continue to cling to a game you hate, like some desperate, needy, Nexon-y fanboy who simply cannot leave because there is no other game to satisfy you.

Cyron Tanryoku
Feb 12, 2013, 07:08 PM
someone pay my forest entry fee

Shirai
Feb 12, 2013, 07:13 PM
I'll probably do this. Though, after the gacha I might be running a bit too low.

But will have to say this, it better be worth the money to actually be a meseta sink.

Jakosifer
Feb 12, 2013, 07:13 PM
someone pay my forest entry fee

If you allow me to edit your char to fap level, sure.

Soultrigger
Feb 12, 2013, 09:24 PM
At the very least, they'll make prices of fodders, grinders and affix boosts go up due to a large new drop table (eg: what happened when VH was released).

Considering how much Elder and Pyroxene series increased demand when Falz came out, I'm willing to bet demand for upgrade related materials is going to be significantly high. A lot of people desperately sold out their grinders in hopes of saving money for the AQ entry fee, but like what you said, I suspect the entry fee to be a lot more lenient then what it was originally made out to be. In other words, what people should have been doing is hoarding materials and only holding enough meseta for at least few AQ runs. At least, imo.

Not sure how often I'll be able to do AQ myself though. Being Team-less makes organizing parties difficult. :-(

Klypto
Feb 12, 2013, 09:38 PM
Nexon-y
lololololololol

Nexon

Renvalt
Feb 12, 2013, 09:56 PM
lololololololol

Nexon

I'm gonna take a guess and say you got the joke.

For those not in the know (although I'm PRET-TY sure everyone is), Nexon's community screams so loud over how bad things are, and yet they have not the desire to quit the game. They're so hung up over the game that despite whining over how Pay 2 Win Nexon's games are, they still, well, "Pay 2 Win". They still buy NX. Their incessant whining is invalidated by their actions (or should I say, lack thereof).

gigawuts
Feb 12, 2013, 10:02 PM
You might have a point if sega wasn't actually listening to half the feedback given, at levels entirely unprecedented for them.

Zenobia
Feb 12, 2013, 10:16 PM
If im gonna pay 500k a run for this i expect to AT LEAST get back about half or close to the amount that i put in for so it better be that way.

The fact is this yeah there giving us all these ways to get better things and adding new stuff to the shiny stone shop, but all in all the advanced quest have to be worth doing if CAPSULES play a big part of even doing em.

P.S. Notice the Emphasis on Capsules.

But yeah im down for the Advanced Quest runs.

Renvalt
Feb 12, 2013, 10:39 PM
You might have a point if sega wasn't actually listening to half the feedback given, at levels entirely unprecedented for them.

I'm pretty sure you mean SoJ, because SoA doesn't exist.

Oh wait, yes it does, it's that dead rat sitting halfway on Uncle George and Aunt Bessie's lap, rotting away because some overly rich pastor tried to carve it because he wanted a hamster.

Remember when Scarfy was just as lovable a pet as Ol' Rover and Lil' Paws? When we just clung to our animals because we actually treasured them?

Uncle George and Aunt Bessie are trying to take that away because rats are filthy vermin that don't belong in the world! One day, Uncle George and Aunt Bessie will purge the world of rats! Then the farm will be a "Dogs and Cats" only zone. Except all the cats and dogs will have killed each other, and by then the only things left on the farm will be the skeletons of George and Bessie, holding a sign that says "Still the Best In The Country!"

(Above phrase, in English: It's a company that has little following because they're trying to "fit in" with the trends and getting commanded by our lovable American content censors.

Remember when gaming wasn't trendy? When we played games simply for the sake of fun?

Corporate scoundrels are trying to take that away because they've become too seduced by the lure of the dollar bill. One day, gaming will be just as mainstream as the NFL or the NBA! Except it'll have all the fun bits taken out, and by then, people will have forgotten the definition of the word "game", and we'll start pressuring our kids to be good at them.)

Oh, solemn voice of reason! Please! Come back~

Porkmaster
Feb 12, 2013, 11:41 PM
So as a player who refuses to spend real money for a feature that should be standard (Player Shop,) 500k is a pretty big chunk and it'll hit me hard. My only alternative would be to farm capsules.

So.... In order to farm for the awesome gear in the Advance Quests, I first must farm capsules.

Well, Sakai did say the capsules would be common, so let's hope they're common enough to get me into those AQs regularly. If not, then it's time to grab the tiller and farmer's hat. I got work to do.

supersonix9
Feb 12, 2013, 11:46 PM
Going to upgrade my Messer Agate and Isshurai.

gigawuts
Feb 12, 2013, 11:52 PM
I'm pretty sure you mean SoJ, because SoA doesn't exist.

Oh wait, yes it does, it's that dead rat sitting halfway on Uncle George and Aunt Bessie's lap, rotting away because some overly rich pastor tried to carve it because he wanted a hamster.

Remember when Scarfy was just as lovable a pet as Ol' Rover and Lil' Paws? When we just clung to our animals because we actually treasured them?

Uncle George and Aunt Bessie are trying to take that away because rats are filthy vermin that don't belong in the world! One day, Uncle George and Aunt Bessie will purge the world of rats! Then the farm will be a "Dogs and Cats" only zone. Except all the cats and dogs will have killed each other, and by then the only things left on the farm will be the skeletons of George and Bessie, holding a sign that says "Still the Best In The Country!"

(Above phrase, in English: It's a company that has little following because they're trying to "fit in" with the trends and getting commanded by our lovable American content censors.

Remember when gaming wasn't trendy? When we played games simply for the sake of fun?

Corporate scoundrels are trying to take that away because they've become too seduced by the lure of the dollar bill. One day, gaming will be just as mainstream as the NFL or the NBA! Except it'll have all the fun bits taken out, and by then, people will have forgotten the definition of the word "game", and we'll start pressuring our kids to be good at them.)

Oh, solemn voice of reason! Please! Come back~

Right.

Uh.

Whatever it is you're trying to assert, it has nothing to do with anything I said or that this thread is about.

Renvalt
Feb 13, 2013, 12:37 AM
Right.

Uh.

Whatever it is you're trying to assert, it has nothing to do with anything I said or that this thread is about.

I was trying to assert how stupid SoA was, given how lacking they seem to be on the whole PSO2 NA thing, but it came across WAY too complicated. My bad.

Asirae
Feb 13, 2013, 02:49 AM
From the tutorial translated by google

"Clearing the Advanced Quest
Advanced risk of that quest will be added.

With the advance has accumulated to a certain risk
When I play the same quest,
There is a change in the degree of difficulty, such as an increase in enemy level.

Advanced risk is reset after elapse of a certain period of time.
Advanced risk is reset or when the next
You can check the quest counter."

So risk is increased only when playing the same quest again, not if you play forest and then desert?

TehblackUchiha
Feb 13, 2013, 03:01 AM
Advance risk is kept until the end of the week. So it wouldn't matter if you played one quest, gained risk and then played another.

Xaeris
Feb 13, 2013, 03:36 AM
Stay classy Sega:

[spoiler-box]
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a222/XLauncher/PSO2/pso20130213_033354_000.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

.Jack
Feb 13, 2013, 03:37 AM
I clicked on the this and it just let me in without buying anything. Is the first run free?

http://i.imgur.com/lZcEVHe.png

Xaeris
Feb 13, 2013, 03:38 AM
They did say the cost of your first quest would be offset, so perhaps accepting Koffe's quest triggers a flag to let you in for nothing. Or something.

Gen2000
Feb 13, 2013, 03:59 AM
Koffee gives you 10 free capsules for each quest type (Forest/Cave/Desert). So the first tour is free.

I only found 4 capsules for Caves when I ran the Forest one.

Bellion
Feb 13, 2013, 04:04 AM
I found 12, my other 3 team members found 20+ capsules....We had 3 PSE bursts, 1 one was a 3 cross burst.

Xaeris
Feb 13, 2013, 04:08 AM
That's encouraging (no sarcasm).

Bellion
Feb 13, 2013, 04:17 AM
It's only a money sink if you spam one run, it seems.

layn2321
Feb 13, 2013, 04:39 AM
It's only a money sink if you spam one run, it seems.

Don't think this is the case unless you regularly run with 3 other members. I duo'd with a friend and we got 4 and 5, respectively.

I know I'm being a hypocrite as I dislike when people just find things to complain about with this game, but this is yet another case where playing with a full group is far and away better than solo or duo. And while I'm sure many will say it's the point of the game (to play with others, I mean), the fact that enemy hp doesn't scale with multiple players is the worst design decision I've seen in a very long time.

Sorry for the rant, the advanced quest was enjoyable in my opinion, and I still plan on doing more as I can afford them.

Infinity Series
Feb 13, 2013, 04:43 AM
finished my first run.. got 23 capsule b and 16 wind pyroxine

i thought i'll be facing rockbear in area 3..

but, say hello to duo kitties

I clicked on the this and it just let me in without buying anything. Is the first run free?

http://i.imgur.com/lZcEVHe.png

the upper one : every member pay for they self
lower one : the leader pay for all party member

gigawuts
Feb 13, 2013, 04:51 AM
Just finished my first run with 3 pals. Here's just my haul:
1 unboxed red talis
1 pink rappy cannon
1 unboxed red dagger
2 boxed red talis
1 boxed lambda failnought (off a level 3 boosted rogbelt, LOL)
23 beta capsules
55 vayu pyroxenes

SallySalSal
Feb 13, 2013, 04:53 AM
Got Red Daggers, and Lambda Garland~

Ended with 27 Capsules and 30 Forest STones.

Dnd
Feb 13, 2013, 04:55 AM
23 beta capsules
33 forest stones
Red launcher, red wand, red talis

(5% rare drop-rate boost from tree, 0 lucky rise boosts)

Afew pre-affixed two slot lv3 abilitys, such as power/tech and light resist :O

EDIT: the red talis has 640 t-atk at +10 but no unlockable ability :(

LordShade
Feb 13, 2013, 04:56 AM
my run

1 unboxed talis (heart shaped one)
1 pico hammer
1 rockbear knuckles
1 red rifle (597r-atk requirement)
25 beta capsule
23 wind pyroxene

pretty damn good.

Gen2000
Feb 13, 2013, 06:18 AM
PSE Burst seems to happen way more often here or what? Was getting multiples in each block of each quest, and even had a 8min one going with just two man during Desert run.

Kind of nice that maps is random still but wasn't expecting random bosses. Boss formations are interesting. In caves fought Catadraals, one which was infected, and they were surrounded by Fordorans. In Desert fought Zesh with a bunch of Signo Guns surrounding him. They seem to go for the most annoying combos now. That's cool.

SPOnion
Feb 13, 2013, 06:22 AM
Basically the red 7* weapons can replace most weapons unless it's a 578 or 10* alike.
I like this.

Dark Emerald EXE
Feb 13, 2013, 06:45 AM
Hmmn interesting i have that to look forward to when I get home
Reds arent all class I assume right?

Valkyrie Lovrina
Feb 13, 2013, 07:02 AM
it seems since I cant find anyone to do these with, how Soloable are these?

Dnd
Feb 13, 2013, 07:04 AM
3x red swords
1x red rifle
1x red wand
9 alpha capsules
23x desert stones
7x photon spheres

We had a code:clone with very highly geared players that kicked our asses, a falclaw clone melee'd me for 300 at least, got hit with rafoie for 360+ etc

Dark Emerald EXE
Feb 13, 2013, 07:05 AM
Reds seem rather common from them post

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 13, 2013, 07:08 AM
Ok so Koffie is supposed to give you 10 of each capsule but I got none. How do I trigger this?

Bellion
Feb 13, 2013, 07:16 AM
She gives you forest capsule a's intially from the first CO. Completing forest will allow you to unlock her next CO and she'll give you capsule b for caves. Then, you complete caves for the desert CO and she'll give you capsule c.

SPOnion
Feb 13, 2013, 07:18 AM
Hmmn interesting i have that to look forward to when I get home
Reds arent all class I assume right?

They are not. But they are very good.

BIG OLAF
Feb 13, 2013, 07:24 AM
I just hope I'm able to find some willing friends by the time I get home today. This all sounds like fun.

CelestialBlade
Feb 13, 2013, 07:33 AM
Nice to see that rares actually seem to be dropping in these, and the first run is free if you do the CO. Just wish it wasn't the same tired three areas I've ran a hundred times. This'll be fun for the first run but I'll probably be bored of it quickly.

Conceptually it's an okay idea, but I need a fresh new map badly.

Ce'Nedra
Feb 13, 2013, 08:21 AM
I just hope I'm able to find some willing friends by the time I get home today. This all sounds like fun.

Same here, I think most are already broke or to bussy with a full party lol.

Worst case we can team up together if everyone else is to bussy.

I wonder if I will find anything, I seriously need Fighter and Mech upgrades~

Kirine
Feb 13, 2013, 08:22 AM
Is advance quest worth it now? Or is it a big waste of time as some people were saying in the initial threads?

Dnd
Feb 13, 2013, 08:37 AM
Is advance quest worth it now? Or is it a big waste of time as some people were saying in the initial threads?

I've ran forest twice, caves once and desert once.

including the capsules required to run them, I currently have 45 cave capsules remaining and 14 for the desert.

In a group of 4, you get ~20 per run on forest and caves and 10 in desert, from my experience. SO they are pretty self sustaining if you do them in order.

The EXP is pretty damn sexy, i've gotten 400k in said runs with 50% exp tickets and it only increases with the advance rank

Kirine
Feb 13, 2013, 08:48 AM
I've ran forest twice, caves once and desert once.

including the capsules required to run them, I currently have 45 cave capsules remaining and 14 for the desert.

In a group of 4, you get ~20 per run on forest and caves and 10 in desert, from my experience. SO they are pretty self sustaining if you do them in order.

The EXP is pretty damn sexy, i've gotten 400k in said runs with 50% exp tickets and it only increases with the advance rank

I guess my initial adamant view to wait until it's released does have a stable base now that people are finding it's self sustained as long as it's done in order.

gigawuts
Feb 13, 2013, 09:08 AM
I guess my initial adamant view to wait until it's released does have a stable base now that people are finding it's self sustained as long as it's done in order.

Nobody was saying they wouldn't be sustainable. Everyone was saying it would be fucking retarded if they weren't.

Which it would have been.

Z-0
Feb 13, 2013, 09:20 AM
Extra note: Level 3 affixes drop in AQs (eg: Power III)

Meji
Feb 13, 2013, 09:25 AM
Extra note: Level 3 affixes drop in AQs (eg: Power III)Thanks, forgot to add this!

Kirine
Feb 13, 2013, 09:26 AM
Nobody was saying they wouldn't be sustainable. Everyone was saying it would be fucking retarded if they weren't.

Which it would have been.

But yet it sparked a whole series of arguments and debate and even though you, personally, saw it subjectively, some others took it as a fact that AQ was going to suck right away (notice, going to suck right away instead of "may suck") and based their opinion on what it is (instead of what it could have or may have been) right away.

Though on topic, I am glad that the stones aren't super hard to get. Maybe I can get a 50 elemental before the end of the week.

Ce'Nedra
Feb 13, 2013, 09:35 AM
Level 3 affixes, capsules drop like candy and red weapons so far seem to drop "common"? Suddenly that 500k-700k is starting to get worth it more and more.

Z-0
Feb 13, 2013, 09:43 AM
You don't have to pay a penny. You get like 20+ capsules each run.

Here's a question: Does Desert drop Forest Capsules?

Coatl
Feb 13, 2013, 09:46 AM
From what everyone's input, my opinion of advanced quests took a 180.
I thought they were going to bomb and we'd have to wait 1 week for them to get adjusted.
Can't wait until I get home to pso2. :B

I have a question though.
If they are as profittable as people are making them out to be, what is stopping us from spamming them all day every day?
Now I'm worried they'll get nerfed.

Z-0
Feb 13, 2013, 09:52 AM
They're not profitable because everything is extremely cheap now due to them.

Everything is just easy to obtain now, lol.

layn2321

Maybe it's a moot point to most that prefer groups of 4, but if you go solo or even duo you're unlikely to find 10 capsules in a run, more like 4-5. Personally, I find the game much less fun with larger groups due to the (completely retarded) lack of scaling on enemy hp. Nothing against those that enjoy running groups of 4, but it should be noted that you will be paying to sustain your runs without 3-4 people

gigawuts
But yet it sparked a whole series of arguments and debate and even though you, personally, saw it subjectively, some others took it as a fact that AQ was going to suck right away (notice, going to suck right away instead of "may suck") and based their opinion on what it is (instead of what it could have or may have been) right away.

Though on topic, I am glad that the stones aren't super hard to get. Maybe I can get a 50 elemental before the end of the week.

If I make a rational post, it's not my responsibility if someone can't/doesn't/won't pay attention or finish reading it before flying off the handle.

You don't have to pay a penny. You get like 20+ capsules each run.

Here's a question: Does Desert drop Forest Capsules?

Yes.

layn2321
Feb 13, 2013, 09:55 AM

I doubt anyone cares too much about the exp, specifically, but just as a reminder the exp drops down significantly at anything more than 4 levels up. So ironically, you'll be getting less exp once your advance risk stacks up a bit.

Z-0
Feb 13, 2013, 10:05 AM
http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up38642.jpg

dunno if legit

Coatl
Feb 13, 2013, 10:08 AM
Already a rod stronger than the legendary psychowand?
>_>

What is sega smoking?

Meji
Feb 13, 2013, 10:37 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up38642.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

dunno if legit
Due to the low JPG quality, I'm calling fake on this one

Ce'Nedra
Feb 13, 2013, 10:59 AM
>_>

What is sega smoking?

Psychowand should have been end game 15* rod if you ask me >:

Sega released it way to early.

Z-0
Feb 13, 2013, 11:03 AM
Eternal Psycho Drive will probably be the endgame 15* rod.

Dnd
Feb 13, 2013, 11:08 AM
>_>

What is sega smoking?

Its (if legit) only ~6% stronger then the psychowand, with another 40 base t-atk required to equip (Which means anyone outside of having 150t-atk on a mag, or a newman is going to really struggle) with a +10 base of 1,226 (1,301 with soul/tech3/ability 3, wow...). Still, a powerful weapon requires stupidly crazy stats to equip :3

jooozek
Feb 13, 2013, 11:37 AM
How the fuck are those sustainable? Just ran forest with a full party and whooo, got 4 beta stones.

Z-0
Feb 13, 2013, 11:55 AM
Don't rush it. Make sure you explore the entirety of the maps to get the most of your capsules, and providing you're not slow, you will trigger bursts. I ran all three maps and was able to get at least 10 in each one without fail, and I had the lowest amount of capsules across my party.

gigawuts
Feb 13, 2013, 12:04 PM
How the fuck are those sustainable? Just ran forest with a full party and whooo, got 4 beta stones.

Did you try killing things?

jooozek
Feb 13, 2013, 12:09 PM
Obviously, explored every nook and cranny, killed every thing that spawned, even waited at the boss for enemies to spawn.

Crysteon
Feb 13, 2013, 12:10 PM
When I tried these AQs out with some friends, I didnt really have problems with capsules at all either, but we pretty much explored the whole maps just to maximize our earnings. I wonder if the Lucky Rise set has a bigger influence on stuff like that to drop or not, because a friend of mine was getting capsules and elemental stones like crazy (almost the double I earned) in one Amduscia run while using his Lucky Rise set.

CommanderNorad
Feb 13, 2013, 12:13 PM
Thats great! Im gonna try the Advance Quest today, I need to see the weapons/item drops, also the random boss

I guess I'll need to spend more money to buy capsules ^^

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 13, 2013, 12:32 PM
yeah I duoed forest with a friend. Not many rares, sadly, but I got 16 capsules and he got 19 with his umbila stick while I had nothing to boost drop rates. I also got 29 wind stones.

So I'd say it's safe to say capsules are only an issue if you insist on staying in one area.

gigawuts
Feb 13, 2013, 12:38 PM
AQ's seem to be mainly about the PSE bursts. Don't rush the level, but DO rush the kills. Stick together and vaporize everything as soon as it spawns. Get the PSE up, get a burst as quickly as possible, and pick up the yellow boxes. Rinse/repeat.

It's not a den, but it IS more fun for me than an MPA. I don't lose out by going with fewer than 12 players, I do benefit from coordination, and it's not SO ENTIRELY random. Yes, there's a random factor, but not nearly as much as MPA's have. It's a generally consistent experience through each run.

It's a nice go-between for PSO1's setup, with a generally consistent but still partially random "free field" setup (you get map A, B, or C, that sort of thing), and PSO2's free field setup (all random all the time).

I'd still like to see the den as a more easily accessed level, but advanced quests are standalone and fun.

CommanderNorad
Feb 13, 2013, 12:38 PM
yeah I duoed forest with a friend. Not many rares, sadly, but I got 16 capsules and he got 19 with his umbila stick while I had nothing to boost drop rates. I also got 29 wind stones.

So I'd say it's safe to say capsules are only an issue if you insist on staying in one area.

Well its good, cuz the rare drops are increased, I cant wait to get a 10 star weapon though.

Z-0
Feb 13, 2013, 12:45 PM
Eh, rare drop rates aren't increased at all. There's just new rares to get, which are still rare.

Coatl
Feb 13, 2013, 12:48 PM
They don't seem all that rare.

Crysteon
Feb 13, 2013, 12:50 PM
Let's look at the positive side of all this. You can use Red Talis to troll people during PSE Bursts to make them think they got a red box drop if the card itself is seen from certain angle.

Coatl
Feb 13, 2013, 12:52 PM
Let's look at the positive side of all this. You can use Red Talis to troll people during PSE Bursts to make them think they got a red box drop if the card itself is seen from certain angle.

Now that's just cruel. :(

Zyrusticae
Feb 13, 2013, 12:56 PM
I'm on now. Someone run with meeeeee! Please?

Coatl
Feb 13, 2013, 01:01 PM
I caaaaan't.
Arghgwe.

CommanderNorad
Feb 13, 2013, 01:19 PM
I need to be careful with my Ranger class, this is gonna be a hard run :-D

Gonna try the Forest ^^;

Asirae
Feb 13, 2013, 01:32 PM
nvm, on front page

Meji
Feb 13, 2013, 01:33 PM
Playing at Risk LV+4 now, enemies are lv57.

So, apparently +1LV per 4 risk?

SPOnion
Feb 13, 2013, 02:08 PM
New rumor: even though the red weapons are high in atk, their damage is less stable than most other rares. Someone mind testing that?

jooozek
Feb 13, 2013, 02:12 PM
New rumor: even though the red weapons are high in atk, their damage is less stable than most other rares. Someone mind testing that?

Wouldn't be surprising considering they are the new 4-6* :-?

Xaeris
Feb 13, 2013, 03:11 PM
I'm looking to game. Anyone on right now who's on the Forest portion of their circuit?

Zyrusticae
Feb 13, 2013, 03:13 PM
I just got finished with my first Forest run. Pretty crazy how much HP things have in there...

I got two red partisans and a red wand out of it, while my teammate (we two-manned it) got nothing. Heh, RNG. We both did get enough capsules for a caves run, plus the 10 capsules from Coffee's rather generous CO.

This sounds about right, considering they're just upgraded versions of 1-3* weapons.

Enforcer MKV
Feb 13, 2013, 03:41 PM
What * are the red weapons, anyway?

gigawuts
Feb 13, 2013, 03:42 PM
Wouldn't be surprising considering they are the new 4-6* :-?

Yup. I was worried exactly this would happen. I figured two things would go down...
1. Nice weapon, not overly common, throwback weapons for fans (think zanba, readjusted for VH rarities)
2. The next tier of "uncommon" weapons. Just consider...
Yellow -> orange -> pink -> ____
4* -> 5* -> 6* -> ____
I hoped they'd just change the color and cap it at 6*, because oh god a 7* item dropping constantly would get really disheartening after a while.

Well, about that...

where are our rainbow boxes for untradable rares, Sega? :[

(And 1-3*'s will maybe get a 4* version eventually, and it will still be awful despite looking pretty cool)

Meji
Feb 13, 2013, 03:59 PM
What * are the red weapons, anyway?
7*. Easy to grind.

oratank
Feb 13, 2013, 04:16 PM
+0 +10 req.
red sword 448 784 597
lamda arisdine 418 731 345
ruin charmu 433 822 520
kahutachi 488 927 600
burnspadar 506 963 xxx

Ce'Nedra
Feb 13, 2013, 05:05 PM
Ran 4 runs so far (1 forest 2 caves 1 desert) and managed to get a few nice rares. These quests are awesome, I need to spam caves alot for a 10* that is new now that I want.

Also not sure if this is handy to add but I can confirm Rappy drop Red Talis and Digg drop Red Double Saber. I have 2 more that I have a clue but not 100% sure on so won't claim that~

Meji
Feb 13, 2013, 05:26 PM
Whoa, just had an amazing AQ run (cleared it with just 9 seconds left on the clock. Boss fight was so intense). I just have to say, I'm totally in love with these new quests!

The Walrus
Feb 13, 2013, 05:34 PM
It's more entertaining then normal free fields since things actually hit for a decent amount but other than that it feels like more of the same.

Gen2000
Feb 13, 2013, 05:38 PM
It's basically a more compact MPA for lesser players. Only thing "Advance" about it is the some of the boss + goon combos at high risk level.

Anduril
Feb 13, 2013, 05:54 PM
Soloed Forest. Failed (damn you, Banther!), but I got a Red Wand (0 Affix), 10 Beta capsules, and 14 Wind stones. It was really fun, but the Za Oodans can be real S.O.B.s when you aren't paying to much attention.

Meji
Feb 13, 2013, 06:56 PM
Playing at LV+6 now, enemies are LV58.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 13, 2013, 07:26 PM
Ran 4 runs so far (1 forest 2 caves 1 desert) and managed to get a few nice rares. These quests are awesome, I need to spam caves alot for a 10* that is new now that I want.

Also not sure if this is handy to add but I can confirm Rappy drop Red Talis and Digg drop Red Double Saber. I have 2 more that I have a clue but not 100% sure on so won't claim that~

Fairly certain that any enemy can drop any red weapon since they're essentially the new 6*

Could be mistaken though.

gigawuts
Feb 13, 2013, 07:27 PM
Fairly certain that any enemy can drop any red weapon since they're essentially the new 6*

Could be mistaken though.

There was a lucky rise red dagger in the shops with rappy soul.

So yeah.

That kind of confirms that.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 13, 2013, 07:36 PM
That's what I thought, thanks.

Xaeris
Feb 13, 2013, 07:54 PM
I just got a Red Sword off a Ga Wonda and a Spardan A. I was sad because I thought the box from the Spardan A would be a Lambda Artisan.

Z-0
Feb 13, 2013, 07:55 PM
Because it came up: Red weapons do have consistent damage, they are not like 6*s in that respect.

UnLucky
Feb 13, 2013, 08:03 PM
So is there no real gain for soloing these without a player shop?

What's huntable other than stones and red weapons?

Z-0
Feb 13, 2013, 08:04 PM
Also NPCs can be taken in AQs.

Zyrusticae
Feb 13, 2013, 08:17 PM
So, what differentiates Advance Quests from everything else:

1. Nothing respawns, but what DOES spawn tends to spawn in much larger and far more persistent groups. You can actually end up spending 5 minutes in the same block just constantly downing swarms of enemies. I like that.

2. Of course, everything is higher level. This means more HP and more damage output, so you have to be more careful about getting hit AND you have to stay focused for a longer duration, which keeps things more interesting than in standard quests (and certainly more than in TAs, at least IMO).

3. DROPS OMG. It's so weird to actually get at least one 7*+ rare per run. Of course, these rares are probably going to be worthless because of the frequency of the drops, but it remains a nice change of pace from not seeing anything after dozens of hours of MPA farming.

4. You need capsules, and you're incentivized to clear EVERYTHING to maximize the number of capsules you attain (alongside all the other drops, naturally). If you clear everything you're guaranteed at least 10 capsules and will probably rack up a surplus over time (this is where letting the leader pay for other party members comes into play). The capsule system itself means you're likely to do a round-robin on the missions, going from forest -> caves -> desert and back again, which again is a nice change of pace from running the same area over and over again.

5. The bosses have an extra element of challenge in the form of the unusual adds. The Vol Dragon has dinians accompanying him (the ones with the shields), whereas the Tranmizers get Signo Guns, which are a far cry from the diggs and the... nothing, in the case of the mizers. I don't know what the banther gets because I always run without adds (seriously, those fuckers are hard enough on their own as it is).

6. At least one PSE Burst is all but guaranteed in each run.

7. They're LONG. Unless your party is unusually strong, these will take you at least 40 minutes each to completely wipe the map clean, and gets longer when your advance risk gets higher, and higher, and higher. Definitely not for quick play sessions, and certainly not for players who don't at least have a ground up lambda rare on hand. I'll be honest - fatigue was setting in by the third run. It just requires enough concentration that I don't think I could handle running more than a handful per day.

All in all, I think they're a positive addition to the game. They're pretty consistently engaging and provide enough carrots to keep on pushing through to the end. They're not going to retain their appeal forever (obviously), but then, I don't ever expect anything to. I just want more options, and this is one of the better ones so far.

Dnd
Feb 13, 2013, 08:58 PM
So is there no real gain for soloing these without a player shop?
What's huntable other than stones and red weapons?

Well, can always check the quest log, or here i guess

Forest:

Holy ray, rifle, 650 r-atk to equip, starts at 478 r-atk. 10*
Guilty light, launcher, 620 r-atk to equip, starts at 495 r-atk, 10*
Vajya, partisan, 600 s-atk to equip, starts at 401 s-atk, 10*
Rogbelt knuckles, 600 s-atk to equip, starts at 472 s-atk, 10*
Banther oran daggers, 630 s-atk to equip, starts at 339 s-atk, 10*

Caves:

Diggnutts piller, partisan, 610 s-atk to equip, starts at 409 s-atk, 10*
Golden colouration of dual gaze, 420 dex to equip, starts at 428 t-atk, 10*
Partisan of lightning, 650 s-atk to equip, starts at 375 s-atk, 10*
Catadrall wired lance, 610 s-atk to equip, starts at 432 s-atk, 10*
Burn drall sword, 620 s-atk to equip, starts at 583 s-atk, 10*

Desert:

Tons of stuff, too tired to even attempt a full list but. Yeah, there are things to hunt outside of stones/capsules/red weapons. I fear ima be spending countless hundreds of hours in here with many a rare boost ticket

IndigoNovember
Feb 13, 2013, 11:17 PM
I just got a Red Sword off a Ga Wonda and a Spardan A. I was sad because I thought the box from the Spardan A would be a Lambda Artisan.

Just thought I'd let you know that they're going for around 300,000 meseta, Lamda Arisutins that is.

Ezodagrom
Feb 13, 2013, 11:34 PM
Just thought I'd let you know that they're going for around 300,000 meseta, Lamda Arisutins that is.
Indeed, I found one yesterday (before the maintenance) when they were still 1 million and was expecting to sell it for that much, only to login some hours after the maintenance and see the cheapest for a bit less than 700k. I figured that the lower price was because of the AQs, so I set mine to 500k so someone would buy it fast, and good thing I did, since they're now around 300k.

Goukezitsu
Feb 14, 2013, 01:27 AM
So does the risk cap at 6? My friend is making it seem like it does I just wanted to confirm.

Renvalt
Feb 14, 2013, 02:10 AM
@Zyrus - From what I know, Banthers get Gulfs in the variety of their area - Fangs get normal Gulfs, whilst Snows get Gulfrs. This of course is on normal. And I haven't done Tranmizer with two or more humans, but I'm willing to wager that either Spardans or Sparguns spawn in an add-infested Tranmizer.

For those Dinians you're referring to, those are Sil Dinians. In Skylands they're called Set Sadinians.

FYI, here's an easy way to code them:

Warrior Dragonkin: Sil Dinian (Hiryu Tribe) or Sil Sadinian (Koryu Tribe)
Archer Dragonkin: Sol Dinian (Hiryu Tribe) or Sol Sadinian (Koryu Tribe)
Shaman Dragonkin: Dinian (Hiryu Tribe) or Sadinian (Koryu Tribe)

Btw, in case you're wondering why I refer to stuff like "Hiryu" and "Koryu", I advise you to play the Story Quests to discover the backstory to the Dragon Tribes. There's Hiryu of the Hell and Koryu of the Heavens. I imagine that there's a third tribe out there somewhere, one to balance the two tribes. I'll have to write up an article on this later.

Stormwalker
Feb 14, 2013, 02:23 AM
Ran a number of AQ's today, mostly duo.

Had a blast. Have almost enough caves stones for the daggers, so I should have those tomorrow hopefully.

This is the most fun I've had in this game in weeks, maybe months. I've always preferred the small-party game to the big-multiparty-game, probably because I play melee (FI, HU) and melee-ish (GU) classes. This makes that playstyle productive again, *and* provides some interesting challenges if you're low-manning or soloing it.

I like the way it keeps you rotating between areas, and I like that there's lots of enemies per spawn but no respawns. It keeps you moving through the mission with a clear goal, which is more fun to me than the endless repetition of MPA.

I'm going to be doing LOTS of these, I can tell already...

Rien
Feb 14, 2013, 02:41 AM
Is it possible to two-man a full forest AQ? My friend has a +10 lambda aristein, and I have a +10 Vita Calibur. I'm not 50 yet though.

Anduril
Feb 14, 2013, 02:43 AM
Is it possible to two-man a full forest AQ? My friend has a +10 lambda aristein, and I have a +10 Vita Calibur. I'm not 50 yet though.
At lv. 49, I soloed the majority of it (left about 3 sections unexplored), and got to the boss area with 5 minutes left, and a lot of other people seem to be duoing it just fine.

Rien
Feb 14, 2013, 02:51 AM
What class do you play? I'm not going in until I am 100% ready and able to clear everything.

Ce'Nedra
Feb 14, 2013, 03:03 AM
Well, can always check the quest log, or here i guess

Forest:

Holy ray, rifle, 650 r-atk to equip, starts at 478 r-atk. 10*
Guilty light, launcher, 620 r-atk to equip, starts at 495 r-atk, 10*
Vajya, partisan, 600 s-atk to equip, starts at 401 s-atk, 10*
Rogbelt knuckles, 600 s-atk to equip, starts at 472 s-atk, 10*
Banther oran daggers, 630 s-atk to equip, starts at 339 s-atk, 10*

Caves:

Diggnutts piller, partisan, 610 s-atk to equip, starts at 409 s-atk, 10*
Golden colouration of dual gaze, 420 dex to equip, starts at 428 t-atk, 10*
Partisan of lightning, 650 s-atk to equip, starts at 375 s-atk, 10*
Catadrall wired lance, 610 s-atk to equip, starts at 432 s-atk, 10*
Burn drall sword, 620 s-atk to equip, starts at 583 s-atk, 10*

Desert:

Tons of stuff, too tired to even attempt a full list but. Yeah, there are things to hunt outside of stones/capsules/red weapons. I fear ima be spending countless hundreds of hours in here with many a rare boost ticket

Desert has at least Black King Bar which suprisingly gets beaten by Partisan of Lighting. It has some more but not any i recognize. I hope JP Wiki will soon post what drops the PoL...I have to grind the hell out of caves and use rare drop tickets there for it /o/

Oh and Meji might add that Risk level is per area (I got 0 Forest 2 Caves 1 Desert) instead of for all levels if you haven't already.

Also I dont know about others but maybe red weapons only drop from a planets native monster? I was in desert last night for one run with litterly tons of darkers and no one found a red wep till some machines came arround.

Anduril
Feb 14, 2013, 03:04 AM
What class do you play? I'm not going in until I am 100% ready and able to clear everything.GU/RA. It was by no means easy since TMGs aren't that great for mobs and I lose mobility using a Launcher, but I somehow made it (until that damned Banther cheap shotted me).

Meji
Feb 14, 2013, 03:17 AM
So, what differentiates Advance Quests from everything elseVery nice post! Gonna quote this and put in a spoiled box on the first page.

Valkyrie Lovrina
Feb 14, 2013, 03:39 AM
my haul from the AQ's I did today.

Caves: (which I was forced to do first)
2 rappy cannons
1 rappy talis
13 Desert capsules
23 Agni stones

Desert:
Red Rifle
26 Desert stones
15 Forest Capsules

Forest:
no red box of any
8 Caves Capsules
18 Wind stones
burnt chicken
DCed near the end
dissapointment

worst luck ever, especially that DC and the kicker? because I had no choice but to do caves first (party I was invited too wanted to do this). Koffie didn't give me the Caves CO for the 10 free Caves Capsules. and yes, I also had to shell out 600k for those Caves capsules.

Meji
Feb 14, 2013, 04:46 AM
Wow, so, apparently there's titles for getting Advance Quests to +25. Gives you 10 Grinders. /o/
[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up38790.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Ce'Nedra
Feb 14, 2013, 04:48 AM
People got it at 25 in day 2 already? 24 hour marathon I bet xD

Also I wanna throw this out here for discussion:

Since we can spot clones, what do you guys think on chanced for Parallel Universes?

And since AQ has a gate...what about getting Abducted?

I like to think both are possible, thoughts?

Syklo
Feb 14, 2013, 04:50 AM
People got it at 25 in day 2 already? 24 hour marathon I bet xD

Also I wanna throw this out here for discussion:

Since we can spot clones, what do you guys think on chanced for Parallel Universes?

And since AQ has a gate...what about getting Abducted?

I like to think both are possible, thoughts?
Wouldn't it be pretty stupid though if you pay the capsules and THEN you get abducted?

Unless SEGA was being nice and actually set the Abduct check BEFORE payment (whether the payment is as soon as the button pressed or right after the check fails)

Ce'Nedra
Feb 14, 2013, 04:58 AM
Wouldn't it be pretty stupid though if you pay the capsules and THEN you get abducted?

Unless SEGA was being nice and actually set the Abduct check BEFORE payment (whether the payment is as soon as the button pressed or right after the check fails)

This IS sega afterall, anything is possible.

Besides you have to pay before the gate counts down, so yes you would lose capsules, though with now people spamming AQ rather then TA I can see it happen though, it gives more people a chance to get abducted as well.

Syklo
Feb 14, 2013, 05:03 AM
This IS sega afterall, anything is possible.

Besides you have to pay before the gate counts down, so yes you would lose capsules, though with now people spamming AQ rather then TA I can see it happen though, it gives more people a chance to get abducted as well.
I haven't even played yet since the patch (School giving too much homework D: )
But what I was hinting at was the possibility that, if the abduct check is determined the moment you choose the quest and "drop" into a fake campship, you might skip that payment dialog altogether, leading to the abduction.

Making those "retire marathons" much much faster.

Ce'Nedra
Feb 14, 2013, 05:07 AM
I haven't even played yet since the patch (School giving too much homework D: )
But what I was hinting at was the possibility that, if the abduct check is determined the moment you choose the quest and "drop" into a fake campship, you might skip that payment dialog altogether, leading to the abduction.

Making those "retire marathons" much much faster.

That is a possibility yeah. I guess time has to tell us if we get any reports of abduction at all. I think its possible since it has a gate, but losing stones could suck if you are low on them or just paid 40 as leader.

Syklo
Feb 14, 2013, 06:23 AM
So I finally played for a bit and tried to figure out how to trigger the AQ's to unlock.....aya.

Solo run:
Surprisingly, I get a PSE Burst which soon expired afterwards, BUT the next room I get another PSE Burst. On the next reboot (of pseburst), i get a cross burst in the last 3 seconds.
Rebooted again twice.

Had to quit early because I need to be up earlier than usual tomorrow, but what I got was:
-A red partisan
-~10 of those stones and capsule B's
-Lv 15 discs.

Yes, I don't think anyone else has mentioned that, but lvl 15 discs drop here.

Oh and, Naura cake shop.

Soultrigger
Feb 14, 2013, 06:51 AM
I like the way it keeps you rotating between areas, and I like that there's lots of enemies per spawn but no respawns. It keeps you moving through the mission with a clear goal, which is more fun to me than the endless repetition of MPA.

This is also how I feel (so far) about AQs. Enemies are also incredibly aggressive, which is something you might not notice if you're not solo/duoing. Don't really like the fact that enemies can 2-shot you though, but I do enjoy the change of difficulty. I prefer cheap shots over keyboard-faceroll.

Dark Emerald EXE
Feb 14, 2013, 07:14 AM
With my first attempt
I end up soloing forest.

A very interesting experience.
They do seem more aggressive unless that's bcuz they come out and bigger
Even rappies tried to run up on me.

Also I did like the challenge as they took longer to kill
They don't die from 1 volley of elder (unless either the last 2 hits crit or I'm in point blank range)

Also due to the swarm and that 2-3 hits would end me, had to watch for everything which i did enjoy .
Really it was more of fighting defensively since normally its like 6+ mob at a time...

5 gulfs and its leader lunging at you in random direction isnt fun lol

And it forces you to play all of them (unless you pay) if you want something specific.
Iirc. I need the stones from forest for twin mechs...capsules to do forest drop from desert to do desert...they drop from caves....to then do that drops from forest lol

Keeps things fresh lol
From the 2 runs I did with some friends I did enjoy myself.

However i do question the purpose of pse there as like TAs I don't recall it spawning more mobs like normal fields

NoiseHERO
Feb 14, 2013, 07:23 AM
Any tips on keeping a PSE burst going as long as possible...? >_________>

These forest proxyenes are being dumb

And I kinda outgrew MPAs before looking into the mechanics of PSE/Crossbursts.

All I know is kill everything.

Oh and yeah these are pretty fun even with desert being anti-melee hell. Have been duoing it as two fighters and my god that place is terrifying. And I hate any variation of caves, but yeah these are fun. BUT... I think you're allowed to be mad if you d/c in the middle of one. Should have a daily CO that gives you 5 for each area or something.

CelestialBlade
Feb 14, 2013, 07:40 AM
Me and my team did all three AQs last night, they're not bad. Enemies hit like a truck now but I didn't find them particularly harder. Got lots of Red weapons and I'd love to get a Partisan of Lightning, but I'm not holding out a lot of hope there. The new challenge was fine, but it's still the same boring three areas so I don't see this holding my interest.

Fighting Zeshrayda with a ton of Signo Guns was pretty crazy though, haha.

Ce'Nedra
Feb 14, 2013, 08:14 AM
Me and my team did all three AQs last night, they're not bad. Enemies hit like a truck now but I didn't find them particularly harder. Got lots of Red weapons and I'd love to get a Partisan of Lightning, but I'm not holding out a lot of hope there. The new challenge was fine, but it's still the same boring three areas so I don't see this holding my interest.

Fighting Zeshrayda with a ton of Signo Guns was pretty crazy though, haha.

Hunt it with me! I'm looking for Partisan of Lighting as well, even more badly then Blade Dance maybe. All I know is that caves drop it.

ANd yeah I got Zesh and Signo GUns too last night, it was...madness, for real.

Enforcer MKV
Feb 14, 2013, 08:51 AM
Hunt it with me! I'm looking for Partisan of Lighting as well, even more badly then Blade Dance maybe. All I know is that caves drop it.

T_T I want to play with yooooooooooou.

CelestialBlade
Feb 14, 2013, 08:59 AM

Drag me along if either of you see me on then, I'll do a run or two. Especially Caves, because at least PoL and those fire stones for Lava Seeker give me something to do.

Ce'Nedra
Feb 14, 2013, 09:11 AM

Get online more then, Haven't seen you at all in a while :(

Drag me along if either of you see me on then, I'll do a run or two. Especially Caves, because at least PoL and those fire stones for Lava Seeker give me something to do.

Sure thing will do.

Enforcer MKV
Feb 14, 2013, 09:16 AM
Get online more then, Haven't seen you at all in a while :(

I'll try. ;-;

gigawuts
Feb 14, 2013, 10:33 AM
@Zyrus - From what I know, Banthers get Gulfs in the variety of their area - Fangs get normal Gulfs, whilst Snows get Gulfrs. This of course is on normal. And I haven't done Tranmizer with two or more humans, but I'm willing to wager that either Spardans or Sparguns spawn in an add-infested Tranmizer.

For those Dinians you're referring to, those are Sil Dinians. In Skylands they're called Set Sadinians.

FYI, here's an easy way to code them:

Warrior Dragonkin: Sil Dinian (Hiryu Tribe) or Sil Sadinian (Koryu Tribe)
Archer Dragonkin: Sol Dinian (Hiryu Tribe) or Sol Sadinian (Koryu Tribe)
Shaman Dragonkin: Dinian (Hiryu Tribe) or Sadinian (Koryu Tribe)

Btw, in case you're wondering why I refer to stuff like "Hiryu" and "Koryu", I advise you to play the Story Quests to discover the backstory to the Dragon Tribes. There's Hiryu of the Hell and Koryu of the Heavens. I imagine that there's a third tribe out there somewhere, one to balance the two tribes. I'll have to write up an article on this later.

Hmm...Here's what I've encountered (The forest ones might be questionable, they were my first runs and I didn't think to make a note of anything):
Forest
once: 2x rockbear + 1x level 3 boosted rogbelt w/ an escort that I've forgotten
twice: 1x fang banter + 1x fang banshee w/ gulf (maybe with fangulfs?) escort (seemed like an ordinary fang boss room)
Caves
thrice: vol dragon w/ all dinian escort (shield, gun, and rod)
once: burn doral w/ all dinian escort (shield, gun, and rod)
Desert
twice: Zeshrayda w/ shignogun escort
twice: 3x tranmizer w/ shignogun escort

(also for the dinain set sadinian thing, set sadinians are a fourth, separate type of dragonkin. They're just small shield sadinians without the shield)

Ce'Nedra
Feb 14, 2013, 10:46 AM
I had Fang Banthers with both Gulf and Fangulfs (was a serious pain), Catadrans with Dinians I, Vol Dragon with Fodorans (or vice verse) and Zesh with Signo Guns. I swear Zesh and Signo are such a pain in the ass.

Alenoir
Feb 14, 2013, 10:54 AM
Fang Banshee and Banther comes with both Gulf and Fongulf, Rock Bears come with Galongo/rollies. (May or may not also come with Agnis, forgot to look.)

Coatl
Feb 14, 2013, 12:50 PM
What my group did when we would reach bosses is we'd have FO kill the mobs while the fighters and GU/RA take care of the boss. The mobs in the boss room can drop capsules, rocks and rares so I think it only makes sense to take care of them as well.

terrell707
Feb 14, 2013, 12:59 PM
An un-electrocuted Zondeel cast from a Talis is good for crowd control if you Techer/Forces have Territory Burst. Or even without it, its good for pulling all the fodder together so that hunters don't have to worry about being swarmed.

Ezodagrom
Feb 14, 2013, 01:11 PM
An un-electrocuted Zondeel cast from a Talis is good for crowd control if you Techer/Forces have Territory Burst.
Zondeel is affected by territory burst? o_o

Coatl
Feb 14, 2013, 01:12 PM
Yes. Yes it is.

Crysteon
Feb 14, 2013, 01:16 PM
Nothing better than having a Force in your party spamming Zondeel while you spam Over End to death, all that during a PSE Burst given in a small room.

Gen2000
Feb 14, 2013, 01:18 PM
Fang with Gulf/Fangulf crew, it's best to take out fodder before Banther comes down. Banshee is slow and easy to avoid in comparison while doing so.

Zesh or Mizers plus Signo Gun Army, there is kind of a safe spot behind the rock area (east on map when you first enter IIRC) where the Signo Guns can barely approach you or OHKO snipe you if you feel you're being swarmed by them and need a breather.

Those two are the most intense/annoying boss + goon combos at high risk level when in low man parties. 10x the fun when your friend d/c's in the middle of all that. Even more funtimes if you're melee'ing it.

Ezodagrom
Feb 14, 2013, 01:23 PM
Yes. Yes it is.
Time to change my techer skill tree plans to get territory burst. :o

gigawuts
Feb 14, 2013, 01:30 PM
Time to change my techer skill tree plans to get territory burst. :o

All support techs are. Each element (except wind, for now) has a support tech. They are...
Fire: Shifta
Ice: Deband
Lightning: Zondeel
Light: Resta, Anti
Dark: Megiverse

I'm expecting wind to be the opposite of zondeel, where it pushes things away. I eagerly await ezmodo lillipan protects that do not depend on an entire MPA leaving the grid.

Z-0
Feb 14, 2013, 03:27 PM
Level 57 enemies are actually unlocked at Advanced Risk 3, not 4. I'm not the only one to notice this, either.

Adding to this, once your advanced risk hits 12, enemies cannot increase level anymore (they will be 60). There are no 61+ drop tables if people were waiting for them. However, Risk increases the amount of boosted enemies you will face, and (I believe), rare enemies.

jooozek
Feb 14, 2013, 05:32 PM
So yeah, I went ahead and got myself a full Lucky Rise I set (ranger set with 480 R-DEF) and gotta fucking say, the caves I ran after that forest gave me like 23 stones, now I'm at this:

[SPOILER-BOX]http://sadpanda.us/images/1410547-Z3K75SN.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Meji
Feb 14, 2013, 06:37 PM
Ugh, had bad luck with the AQs today. DCd early during 2 of 'em.
DCing during these are a serious problem. Costs you tons.

NoiseHERO
Feb 14, 2013, 06:47 PM
Ugh, had bad luck with the AQs today. DCd early during 2 of 'em.
DCing during these are a serious problem. Costs you tons.

SERIOUSLY.

They totally want you to have no meseta in this game.

Xaeris
Feb 14, 2013, 06:55 PM
I just realized, there aren't any darkers in these things, are there? I mean, Zeshy shows up as the boss in Desert sometimes, and I got a Code Clone earlier, but I haven't seen any grunt darkers in these things.

BIG OLAF
Feb 14, 2013, 06:56 PM
I just realized, there aren't any darkers in these things, are there? I mean, Zeshy shows up as the boss in Desert sometimes, and I got a Code Clone earlier, but I haven't seen any grunt darkers in these things.

There are Micdas and Gu Wondas in the Desert.

Xaeris
Feb 14, 2013, 06:58 PM
Oh, that's right. I don't know how those slipped my mind. I had Forest and Caves on the brain, I guess.

Meji
Feb 14, 2013, 07:59 PM
Updated the first page with some new information.
Bolded it out.

Kinujou
Feb 14, 2013, 11:13 PM
question, whats the max level of risk rank you can achieve?

Rien
Feb 15, 2013, 02:02 AM
Questions:
Advance quests have time limits, right? How long is it? One hour?
It takes some time to clean a full map. Is it possible to clean area 1, 2 AND clear the boss if the party comprises of two hunters, s-attack not exceeding 2,000 when buffed? (extra info: one is HU/FI, the other HU/TE)
How much meseta drops from these? Like, do you get 100-200? or is it just slightly higher than VH mode?

MetalDude
Feb 15, 2013, 02:05 AM
1. Hour
2. Anywhere between 30-45 minutes depending heavily on your group and the number of PSE Bursts you achieve. Also depends on your Advance Risk.
3. Meseta drops are a joke still. Best profits you're going to make are from selling Red Swords/Doubles/Machine Guns on the player shops.

Meji
Feb 15, 2013, 03:52 AM
question, whats the max level of risk rank you can achieve?Don't think there is one.

Or, well, the max level would be the amount of times you play a quest within a week.
Not sure if there's a maximum limit though. I know there's a title for getting to +25.

Anyway, in theory, if you play non-stop for a week (and every round would take 30 minutes) you could get to rank LV+336 if you kept spamming 1 of these AQs, resulting in LV168 enemies.

^ This would be awesome, although the cost for this would be insane.

Ce'Nedra
Feb 15, 2013, 04:09 AM
Don't think there is one.

Or, well, the max level would be the amount of times you play a quest within a week.
Not sure if there's a maximum limit though. I know there's a title for getting to +25.

Anyway, in theory, if you play non-stop for a week (and every round would take 30 minutes) you could get to rank LV+336 if you kept spamming 1 of these AQs, resulting in LV168 enemies.

^ This would be awesome, although the cost for this would be insane.

Insane and no life. I doubt though that Sega would let us fight lv168 enemies as a 55/55. One shots everywhere, not to mention fighting clones at that level @_@

Meji
Feb 15, 2013, 04:19 AM
Insane and no life. I doubt though that Sega would let us fight lv168 enemies as a 55/55. One shots everywhere, not to mention fighting clones at that level @_@
I think they would let us. Only problem is, we won't ever make it that far at this level. And clones spawn at the level of the character abducted, so their level wouldn't increase.

Ce'Nedra
Feb 15, 2013, 04:22 AM
I think they would let us. Only problem is, we won't ever make it that far at this level. And clones spawn at the level of the character abducted, so their level wouldn't increase.

So no level 168 DuDu clone that will nuke us with 1 attack? :(

Well they could let us yeah but making it to that level is insane, you seriously have to play non stop 24/7 and have hunderds of millions and parties of 4 the whole time to make it in that time too, unless you rush it to the boss (which would be a waste). I wonder how many rares one could gather during said 24/7 marathon though :O

Syklo
Feb 15, 2013, 06:31 AM
So I just soloed the Caves AQ....only got 6 C-capsules T_T

The boss was a caterdra'n.......so lolpoisontowin.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 15, 2013, 07:43 AM
I've noticed caves are always really sparse for spawns. I've run each area 5 times and caves always feels like the enemies are in hiding. A group of 3 never fails to clear caves in under 15 minutes. Meanwhile our desert and forest runs are swarming. We end up running them near the deadline thanks to so many PSE bursts and wave after wave of enemies. My last desert run I got 23 forest capsules and the forest run gave me 17 caves capsules. Caves is always a crap shoot as to whether I even break even. even my stone count is significantly lower. 132 wind, 143 lightning. Fire? 87.

Not sure if others have experienced this or not.

Ce'Nedra
Feb 15, 2013, 08:00 AM
Caves area are so small always it saddens me :( They need to get like Forest and Desert.

Z-0
Feb 15, 2013, 09:20 AM
I'll say it again because people didn't seem to notice:

The max level of enemies in AQs is 60. Once your risk is 12, increasing it to 15 WILL NOT give you level 61 enemies. There are NO 61+ drop tables, so don't bother rushing to increase your risk.

Enforcer MKV
Feb 15, 2013, 10:09 AM
Hm, out of curiosity, has anyone found a Signo head gun?

interested in seeing better screenshots of that thing..

Ce'Nedra
Feb 15, 2013, 10:13 AM
Hm, out of curiosity, has anyone found a Signo head gun?

interested in seeing better screenshots of that thing..

How bout you get your lazy bum on and play the game and find it yourself? :3

Meji
Feb 15, 2013, 10:14 AM
The max level of enemies in AQs is 60. Thanks for confirming. Was starting to wonder when LV61 ones would show up~

Ce'Nedra
Feb 15, 2013, 10:16 AM
Thanks for confirming. Was starting to wonder when LV61 ones would show up~

Capped already? xD

Enforcer MKV
Feb 15, 2013, 10:16 AM
How bout you get your lazy bum on and play the game and find it yourself? :3

Lazy? -.- I'll have you know I'm waking up at seven every morning to take care of a dog I didn't even want, thank you very much.

That hardly qualifies as lazy.

Ce'Nedra
Feb 15, 2013, 10:18 AM
Lazy? -.- I'll have you know I'm waking up at seven every morning to take care of a dog I didn't even want, thank you very much.

That hardly qualifies as lazy.

awww :3

Z-0
Feb 15, 2013, 10:38 AM
Sucks really, because we were planning to boss rush our risk next week after farming capsules for a 61+ drop table, but everyone on high risk is reporting that levels aren't increasing after 60. :/

Meji
Feb 15, 2013, 10:41 AM
Sucks really, because we were planning to boss rush our risk next week after farming capsules for a 61+ drop table, but everyone on high risk is reporting that levels aren't increasing after 60. :/
I wonder if they'll remove that cap when Ultimate finally arrives?

Ezodagrom
Feb 15, 2013, 10:44 AM
Makes sense that the levels don't go above 60, I think that it's likely that lvl 61+ enemies will appear in the next difficulty mode, maybe?

Ce'Nedra
Feb 15, 2013, 10:52 AM
So to get lv60 monsters you need a Risk of +12 then? That makes it a but more bearable, though I'm only at +2+4+1 or something.

Z-0
Feb 15, 2013, 10:55 AM
Not really much benefit to higher monsters though. ._. Even capped characters will get less EXP from 60 enemies due to EXP scaling, and drop tables don't change from 56~60. The quests will just take longer.

There's more boosted enemies of course, but I don't really see that as a huge benefit since from what I can tell, they just give more EXP. Unless there's another bonus to increasing risk, don't bother rushing to do so, you're better on lower risks since kills will be faster. I've also noticed I seem to get less capsule drops on higher risks, which might or might not be true.

LordShade
Feb 15, 2013, 11:22 AM
PSE burst frequency goes up the higher your risk level is

I had a 25minute PSE burst earlier.

THE RIDE NEVER ENDS.

gigawuts
Feb 15, 2013, 12:59 PM
Not really much benefit to higher monsters though. ._. Even capped characters will get less EXP from 60 enemies due to EXP scaling, and drop tables don't change from 56~60. The quests will just take longer.

There's more boosted enemies of course, but I don't really see that as a huge benefit since from what I can tell, they just give more EXP. Unless there's another bonus to increasing risk, don't bother rushing to do so, you're better on lower risks since kills will be faster. I've also noticed I seem to get less capsule drops on higher risks, which might or might not be true.

It's pretty much just for the boosted droprates and the actual gameplay itself. I like this style of gameplay myself. The exp is bad, but I'd rather be doing something neat and engaging (kill things that don't respawn as fast and efficiently as possible qualifies more for "engaging" than running to the boss or killing things with 11 other players in my book, but that's just my tastes). There are also exclusive rewards, and indeed more risk does still mean more boosted enemies.

I do miss the exp from other quests, though. I have a feeling they knew this would be very inefficient for grinding exp, and tried to make it another way that you choose what you grind hundreds of hours for. The game these days seems to be pretty much this -
Choose two:
1. Engaging content
2. Nice drops
3. Experience points
(unless you actually somehow find MPAing engaging, in which case boy howdy is this the game for you).

I look forward to a future where you're able to do what you like WITHOUT sacrificing every other aspect of the game, but until then 2/3 isn't bad. This is certainly a step in the right direction for many of us PSO1 fans. There's motivation to kill enemies, and sustainable damage has now become a thing you want. For example, lightning is now nice to use because of simply how LONG you can spit out continuous damage. Well-geared and skilled hunters also seem to be desirable to some degrees at bosses, since if they can avoid being hit they have virtually no downtime from damaging things (if they stand still and etc., yes melee still has its issues that need working out).

Z-0
Feb 15, 2013, 01:02 PM
Boosted drop rates? Source for that?

gigawuts
Feb 15, 2013, 01:10 PM
Higher level enemies have always dropped items at better rates, at least within +5 levels. Ask me about gravel cores.

Enforcer MKV
Feb 15, 2013, 01:14 PM
Higher level enemies have always dropped enemies at better rates, at least within +5 levels. Ask me about gravel cores.

Tell me more about how enemies drop enemies, Giga.

Skyly HUmar
Feb 15, 2013, 01:16 PM
PSE burst frequency goes up the higher your risk level is

I had a 25minute PSE burst earlier.

THE RIDE NEVER ENDS.

Thats what we were saying last night lol. Had 2 20ish min PSE bursts, and in the end, we were forced to rush the boss. When we finished the boss we got out and saw that some of the enemies that had spawned before were still there, and we got a 25-27 min pse out of just those. (done at risk 12)

And giga is right, higer lv usually=higher rates in psu.

gigawuts
Feb 15, 2013, 01:16 PM
derp

But yeah, ask anyone who's farmed for a demonic fork as well. Find out just how many garlands dropped on their way to a demonic fork, versus the number in hard mode.

Skyly HUmar
Feb 15, 2013, 01:19 PM
derp

But yeah, ask anyone who's farmed for a demonic fork as well. Find out just how many garlands dropped on their way to a demonic fork, versus the number in hard mode.

Fork was actually my first mines vh rare, but like 50 garlands before i got another one.

gigawuts
Feb 15, 2013, 01:21 PM
Yeah.

The only thing really in question is if this changes per-level, or every fifth level. I'm hoping it's per-level. If it's not, level 56 enemies will drop things at an identical rate as level 60 enemies.

I've heard infected enemies drop things at bonused rates too but have never seen anything concrete about that. Still, it's not like anyone would want infected enemies for their extra experience given the penalty we're suffering due to the 5 level difference, so I'm inclined to believe the rumors. I wouldn't bet any money on it either way, though.

EvilMag
Feb 15, 2013, 01:29 PM
I've also noticed I seem to get less capsule drops on higher risks, which might or might not be true.

I notice that too. I also notice I get less spawns on higher risks...

Enforcer MKV
Feb 15, 2013, 01:32 PM
What it sounds like to me?

Lower chance of rares but more enemies and capsules at lower risk.

Higher chance of rares but less enemies and capsules at higher risk.

Basically, it sounds like they're balancing your chances so they don't actually improve. -.-

Z-0
Feb 15, 2013, 01:32 PM
That's not how it works. It changes rates every 5th level, because drop tables take the table under it as well. So for the Gilnachs in VH Mines, it takes the 46~50 drop table along with the 41~45 drop table, which both have Garland in their tables.

gigawuts
Feb 15, 2013, 01:43 PM
That's not how it works. It changes rates every 5th level, because drop tables take the table under it as well. So for the Gilnachs in VH Mines, it takes the 46~50 drop table along with the 41~45 drop table, which both have Garland in their tables.

Yeah, this is how someone just explained it to me and it fits. Still, the end result is the same.

Skyly HUmar
Feb 15, 2013, 01:49 PM
I dont think higher risk = less drops, its all rng.

On that lv 12 risk run i got 26 caps and 41 stones, while the party leader got 30 caps and 60ish stones iirc.

raiden55
Feb 15, 2013, 05:35 PM
Dod forest and solo yerterday with a my lv45 force, and it was way too hard for me.
was doable, but I died a lot. didn't had enough time to kill rockbear (needed like 2 more minutes...) and got one shoted by the dragon.
and these things have so much hp...

I cleared everthing, but didn't had enough capsules at all.
had 8 during forest, so had to buy 2 more.
had only 5 during caves, so I'll need to buy 5 more for mines...

for cave I added npcs mates, was quicker that way, I regret not having done it for forest, would have helped me for the few minutes missing for the boss.

was surprised by the speed of the mobs, took a while to get the rythm.
and I get very low xp and loot during AQ ; I take around 40xp by ennemy... which is like hard mode... wonder if it's normal or because I'm too low level, I saw that happen once on story quest ; if you're too low level you get way less xp killing something high level.

Got a red wand during forest, and 2-3 lv15 disks during the 2 runs. didn't got any special ennemy.
the difficulty made it fun to play, but the reward was not worth it at all :/
I'll need to find people to play with me next time, well be quicker and should reward more

Goukezitsu
Feb 16, 2013, 05:35 AM
I've heard infected enemies drop things at bonused rates too but have never seen anything concrete about that.

(first panel) Boosted enemies have a higher rare drop rate: http://pso2.jp/players/manual/battle/field/enemy/

and just for kicks

(last panel) PSE bursts have a higher rare drop rate: http://pso2.jp/players/manual/battle/field/pse/

So yea I had a hard time justifying having a higher risk myself at first cuz in theory it would just make it a slower hunt since it isn't expanding drop tier (which 61 would do) but in reality its just more PSE bursts and more buffed enemies so its giving you more chances at a higher drop rate overall. So all buffed enemies would be a good thing!

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 16, 2013, 05:49 AM
Well, thinking about it again, I'm kinda happy Caves are so small.
Easy to finish within 20 minutes whereas the other two areas need 40 to 50 minutes.
That means I can do like 3 Cave runs in an hour and Caves is the only remotely interesting AQ right now (for me anyways).

Uh...if there were 3x as many enemies how would that be worse than running the same place 3 times and needing to buy capsules for your trouble?

Take your time on this one.

Asirae
Feb 17, 2013, 05:31 PM
So is there anything to confirm weather or not a lv 60 boss has a better drop chance on rare items than a lv 56 boss?

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 17, 2013, 05:34 PM
Afaik the only thing that will enhance drop rates on bosses is the infection level. Higher risk means higher chance it will appear with a lvl 3 infection though...so there's that.

Coatl
Feb 17, 2013, 06:13 PM
They really need to remove the exp nerf on AQ.
It's starting to be deterring.

Goukezitsu
Feb 18, 2013, 02:10 AM
Its not really a nerf. Its always been that way. When an enemy is 10 lvs higher than you, you get worse exp. Its like that for low levels too.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 18, 2013, 02:55 AM
Right. once you hit level 52 the exp will jump up

Meji
Feb 18, 2013, 03:08 AM
I find the EXP very nice, at least when you're LV55 and hunting for Ex Cubes.
During a EXP PSE Burst, together with a 75% EXP boost ticket, some infected enemies hand out more than 1000 EXP when killed.
I've made tons of Ex Cubes from AQs already.

Ce'Nedra
Feb 18, 2013, 05:31 AM
I use 75% all the time there and as a lv52 I still get arround 200 exp per normal mob and 700 for a infected. I don't see the point in capping this fast already though, why make it even easier? It just takes time but it will be another few months before we can hit lv60 anyway.

Ezodagrom
Feb 18, 2013, 10:34 AM
Its not really a nerf. Its always been that way. When an enemy is 10 lvs higher than you, you get worse exp. Its like that for low levels too.
Would have been nice if the penalty only started happening with enemies 10+ levels above the player, but no, it starts with enemies 5+ levels above the player.
This means that a level 55 player only gets full exp from at most lvl 59 enemies...

Inazuma
Feb 18, 2013, 12:50 PM
The exp penalty system is fucking stupid. It discourages players from challenging themselves by fighting high level monsters. It should be completely removed.

Ce'Nedra
Feb 18, 2013, 01:16 PM
The exp penalty system is fucking stupid. It discourages players from challenging themselves by fighting high level monsters. It should be completely removed.

You never played Diablo I take. Talk about exp penalties.

Z-0
Feb 18, 2013, 02:02 PM
Doesn't mean it isn't dumb, lol.

Fox Alive
Feb 18, 2013, 02:31 PM
I completed my first adv quest yesterday and... I didn't find anything. :-?

on the second attempt, my master paid the 500k fee, I found three red weapons, but I can't use them because the required Satk is too high. I think I have enough capsules to get more adv quest passes, but I don't think I'll be doing anymore adv quests, too much work for a little fox.

Z-0
Feb 18, 2013, 02:45 PM
There's not really much point to playing anything else when all the best stuff is in AQs, is there? You won't get more out of MPA'ing or boss runs, especially since you can even find level 3 affixes in AQs.

People seem to miss this point all the time.

EvilMag
Feb 18, 2013, 02:47 PM
Other than TAs and Falz, I've only been playing AQs.

Thanks Sega for bringing White Beast back. :)

gigawuts
Feb 18, 2013, 03:01 PM
There's not really much point to playing anything else when all the best stuff is in AQs, is there? You won't get more out of MPA'ing or boss runs, especially since you can even find level 3 affixes in AQs.

People seem to miss this point all the time.

Man, even if this wasn't the case, AQ's are the only mode where you're rewarded considerably for trying your hardest. If you devastate things you can get 20+ minutes of PSE bursts, easily, and that means lots of caps to lazily play with later.

There shouldn't be unique or exclusive rares, but it should definitely reward skill over 12 player facerolling in MPA's. And it shouldn't cost any caps at all to do it, either.

It should also be feasible for 2-3 players to get as much content as 4 players. Either by boosted PSE rates, or whatever. It might not be as time efficient, but I'm disliking the way this game considers bringing more people to be a solution to every single rarity problem. Sometimes you just can't fucking find more people or don't want to deal with anyone else, and the game should not indirectly penalize you for it.

edit: This isn't white beast, this is PSO1 regular map runs, but smaller. You're meant to kill everything, nothing respawns, and teamwork brings you the most rewards. This is how the entire fucking game should be.

GuardianGirth
Feb 18, 2013, 03:24 PM
The exp penalty is enemies more than 5 levels above you. More than 10 would be acceptable, maybe 5% per level after 10 levels, but not 5. Being 54 and getting a penalty from lv60's is rather silly. I hope they either reduce it or remove it completely.

gigawuts
Feb 18, 2013, 03:37 PM
You all have to realize that was intentional, right? That was the point. Nothing in this game lets you do everything. You can mega farm items in AQ's, you can mega farm exp in MPA's, or you can mega farm meseta with TACOs. You cannot do any two of these things at once anymore. Same as hunting items - you can pretty much only pick one thing to farm a time, due to their horrendous droprates. Exception for FOs in mines, F them.

Goukezitsu
Feb 19, 2013, 06:26 AM
Yea AQs arent meant for leveling. It's this games first real end game content that's more geared towards higher level players. Higher drop tier for more 10* drops, new super strong weapons, easier excubes, and more difficult enemies (the speed up is fun). Everything about it in how its made is geared towards rare farming / end gameish activity and I'm fine with that. I think they are the first quests that are honestly done right and should set the pace for the rest of the game as far as a lot of the aspects it has (people don't like paying but its not really that bad it just incentifies clearing everything and seeing new areas vs boss rushing and spamming just 1.)

There's no rush anyways not like 60 cap is coming all that soon and by then there will be even more ways to level up that are a lot simpler.

Ezodagrom
Feb 19, 2013, 08:34 AM
Something that was found through datamining, it appears that the Tundra, Tunnels and Skyland AQs will use the same capsules as Forest, Caves and Desert, except that they're in a different order.
If this is accurate, they're apparently set up so it's possible to do different types of loops, a loop through the planet (Forest -> Tundra -> Ruins), or a loop through the 3 planets (Forest -> Caves -> Desert).

NoiseHERO
Feb 19, 2013, 09:07 AM
Other than TAs and Falz, I've only been playing AQs.

Thanks Sega for bringing White Beast back. :)

Nope.

More like same "NEWEST AREA WITH MOST CHANCE AT RARES/EXP" is only thing people play now in general.

Which PSU had this formula, and hell even PSO had towards the future.

Anyhow I don't even do THAT shit anymore... I just log on to treat this game like a chatroom/help a few friends(if I'm not being lazy.)

Wake me up when phantom tower, katanas/bows or PVP gets here.

TaigaUC
Feb 19, 2013, 05:47 PM
I also saw Japanese people talking about how there's no point doing anything except advance quests and Falz. I'm feeling the same way.

I would greatly prefer if there were a number of significant incentives to do each other part of the game, otherwise I can't help feeling like I'm wasting my time.

Gen2000
Feb 19, 2013, 07:05 PM
I thought that was mainly the case anyways for a while, most JPN players in Ship 9 afk'd lobby until an Dark Falz, Hunar, or special event EQs like the Valentine one were announced.

Only MPA worth running was Ruins because it had multiple COs that actually gave something worthy of exp from stacking for lv.45ish people. B1 Ruins alone killed off Forest MPAs.

So it was just those two things with a sprinkle of TAs maybe that a majority was doing or you could find any real activity in.

The exp penalty kills AQs for most people unless they're rocking EXP tickets just to make it more normal (which is silly in itself that needs to be done). The Red weapons are cheap to buy, Atk 3 affixes are just as cheap too so breaking from AQ runs for a while isn't a big deal. The Stone Cash-in Rares are good but not needed that badly since things still die in 1-2 PAs even at high risk level from the more common available rares outside of AQs (or that ones in shops that taken a massive price drop).

That said I still enjoy the format of AQs (wish a little bit more codes happen in them like Darker's Den but eh). I run em simply because I find them fun even if I'm only getting like 50exp on my lower level alts.

Zenobia
Feb 19, 2013, 08:34 PM
Face facts here AQ is the new thing now and everyone is doing it Ive been spamming AQ's everyday on Yuri now and ive found 3 Digg Pillars alrdy...I love a good challenge too and that risk lvl ploy to award players who bust there asses is pure genius.

I wont lie im enjoying every minute of the AQ's i do and you hardly run out of caps it's literally impossible to run out.

.Jack
Feb 20, 2013, 12:07 AM
Anyone here planning on boss rushing to get their risk lvl up faster? If anyone wants to rush to the boss rooms send me pm here or in-game once the servers are back up. :D

SPOnion
Feb 20, 2013, 12:14 AM
One thing I realized in AQ is that even things till die with 1 or 2 PA/Techniques, you also die if hit once or twice even with good defensive units unless you're a HU. A lv3 infected forest banther chopped off like 700 HP with one pounce on my FO/TE...and those automated shooting maniac that always seem to focus fire on you, behind a wall of black shield...

gigawuts
Feb 20, 2013, 12:19 AM
te/fo, lucky rise spike units, male cast, 1200 sdef with 800 hp and not even trying :wacko:

Nothing kills me in 2 hits, not even banbans. They're fast enough to edge in that third hit though, so yeah. Still dangerous.

Rien
Feb 20, 2013, 12:23 AM
I'd tell you to Just Guard, but then I realized you're a TE/FO >.>

SPOnion
Feb 20, 2013, 12:25 AM
Usually it is the third hits that is the most dangerous, be it a rock from behind, a black shield that suddenly pop out at your location, or even a seemingly harmless rappy you pulled close with zd

gigawuts
Feb 20, 2013, 12:26 AM
I'd tell you to Just Guard, but then I realized you're a TE/FO >.>

If I wasn't so attached to territory burst & PP restorate, and my stats permitted, and I could find a madame's umbrella, I'd be JGing in between techs like you don't even want to know.

That is my endgame.

Rien
Feb 20, 2013, 12:31 AM
Usually it is the third hits that is the most dangerous, be it a rock from behind, a black shield that suddenly pop out at your location, or even a seemingly harmless rappy you pulled close with zd

I don't know about you, but I always treated nab rappies as the most evil mob to ever exist and must be approached with over end caution.

Agitated_AT
Feb 20, 2013, 04:46 AM
Just a simple question. If the attractiveness of the game has worn off and because of these other games that are more worthy of your time, you havent logged in a long while. Are AQ worth it to go back lvl to 45 and do them?

Take in mind that im talking more about the experience rather than the unneeded rare drops u can gain from them. Or maybe they are actually needed for once?

MetalDude
Feb 20, 2013, 12:58 PM
I'm using red weapons which are fairly cheap to get to 50 element and +10 (varying on experience of course, Red Sword was awful for me) and they outclass a couple of the first release 10*'s when you get them up to that strength. Having the best weapons simply changes how fast your group fully clears AQs.

Kierto
Feb 20, 2013, 05:28 PM
Maybe I'm going senile but I noticed when AQing on the new PC/Vita blocks that my PSE Bursts were longer than normal; starting at over 60 seconds (about 1:20) and plenty of crosses and extensions even at low risk.

Possible that the Vita PSE rules are in effect already? Could be very beneficial for some..

MetalDude
Feb 20, 2013, 05:32 PM
PC-Vita blocks do indeed have longer bursts.

Z-0
Feb 20, 2013, 06:10 PM
Question is, do many enemies spawn on the PC/Vita blocks just like the PC blocks or is it a lot less? Depends if it's worth it at the end of the day.

Kierto
Feb 20, 2013, 06:14 PM
Yea trying to work out the numbers right now. Seems to me that maybe for 4 person parties there isn't such a 'limit' on the number of mobs. Perhaps it's just an MPA thing. Doing some more runs to work out any noticeable difference.

Can confirm that both PSE Chance and Initial Burst are all 1:30 though.

NoiseHERO
Feb 20, 2013, 06:19 PM
Yea trying to work out the numbers right now. Seems to me that maybe for 4 person parties there isn't such a 'limit' on the number of mobs. Perhaps it's just an MPA thing. Doing some more runs to work out any noticeable difference.

Can confirm that both PSE Chance and Initial Burst are all 1:30 though.

so crowd the vita blocks for AQs! GOT IT!

Z-0
Feb 20, 2013, 07:03 PM
After playing on Vita block, I'd say it's definitely not worth it. Bursts were 4 enemies max (full party), no crosses, don't think we got any extensions either. Spawns were terribly lackluster as well.

Stick to PC.

Kierto
Feb 20, 2013, 07:45 PM
After more testing I agree. Although we were getting very frequent crosses and lengthy bursts, the number of spawns are just not worth it. Noticeably lower.

Stick to PC.

EDIT: Btw was done at Risk 1, 5 and 16. Again, stick to PC.

gaijin_punch
Mar 6, 2014, 07:51 PM
Sorry for the bump:

On the first page, someone mentioned a CO that allows you to play one for free. I don't seem to have this... can anyone shed some light?

LonelyGaruga
Mar 6, 2014, 09:38 PM
Koffie hands you 10 a capsules upon accepting the Forest AQ CO. That technically lets you play one for free, in that the game basically pays your first run for you, but only if you run an a cap AQ. The wording that was used is a bit misleading.

pkemr4
Mar 6, 2014, 09:59 PM
but dat necro tho

Chdata
Mar 6, 2014, 10:04 PM
"cost 500k"

loollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll