PDA

View Full Version : how the heck are you supposed to level up in this game?

Alisha
Feb 14, 2013, 04:02 AM
with my 1st class it wasn't bad because i was unlocking things and by the time i unlocked ruins exploration i was about high enough for vhard. but now that ive unlocked fighter and am trying to unlock techer is an absolute chore and feels like even a lvl 5 class cannot lvl fast without sitting in town and feeding freska items that i buy from player shops...that is not how i want to lvl but normal monsters just give absolutely pitiful exp wtf?

Seravi Edalborez
Feb 14, 2013, 04:02 AM
Do COs on your high level. Turn them in on your low level. Repeat until mid 30s when it isn't as much of a chore to use the lowbie.

Anduril
Feb 14, 2013, 04:04 AM
The best way to level your secondary classes is just to do COs. Run through a bunch of COs fast as your higher level and just switch and turn them in as your lower level.

Grady219
Feb 14, 2013, 04:05 AM
Basically you'll want to do higher level client orders on your higher level classes, then switch to your lower level class when you turn it in. Then when you run out of orders to do, that's when you go grind on stages. Also, try not to fight anything 5 levels higher than you. It will gimp your exp quite harshly.

Alisha
Feb 14, 2013, 04:32 AM
sounds boring as #$%&

Heat Haze
Feb 14, 2013, 04:42 AM
sounds boring as #$%&
It is boring as @#$!, especially now that Kressida's and Franka's CO's are weekly. Also, Shii/Xie's COs are absolutely terrible this time around. During the Christmas event, she had daily delivery CO's that netted 75k EXP.

As the others have said, do high rewarding COs for your lower classes. For your classes level 50+, do Falz EQ with a 75% EXP boost on hand. You'll net around 200k EXP that way provided you're not doing the EQ in block 20*

*Unrelated, but I gave block 20 a chance the other day. My God, 4 minute Falz Arm runs even with weak bullet. It was so bad. So.. so bad.

blace
Feb 14, 2013, 04:43 AM
This game is all about repition. The same with any other F2P game out there, except this is the only game that allows you to switch out classes.

Alisha
Feb 14, 2013, 04:48 AM
except i think most other f2p games let you bypass some of the repetition with real $

Mike
Feb 14, 2013, 04:49 AM
except i think most other f2p games let you bypass some of the repetition with real $
Buy some EXP boosters then. It won't change the repitition though.

blace
Feb 14, 2013, 04:51 AM
Buy some EXP boosters then. It won't change the repitition though.
Exactly.

As I've said, unlike many other F2P games, this one allows yout to change classes. Repitition is all there is in PSO2.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 14, 2013, 04:55 AM
well you can buy exp+100% tickets that last 30 mins with real money. It's really not as bad as you think. I've gotten my caseal past level 50 in 4 classes largely using the CO method. it's also how I got my techer from 1 to 35 while I used my Fo. Try to think of it as redistributing exp.

Alisha
Feb 14, 2013, 04:55 AM
its not like i have a problem with repetition i mean i max rebirthed a char in infinity. its just here the repetition is seemingly at a snails pace.

blace
Feb 14, 2013, 04:59 AM
Now that I think about it, you were doing hard at level 23. The EXP gain is cut, unless they're within 4 levels of your character.

Ezodagrom
Feb 14, 2013, 07:20 AM
Now that I think about it, you were doing hard at level 23. The EXP gain is cut, unless they're within 4 levels of your character.
Indeed, there's an exp penalty for enemies that are 5 or more levels about the character level, so Alisha must do quests that have at most enemies 4 levels about the character to be able to get full exp.

Also it's been said that leveling is going to become easier until lvl 30.

yoshiblue
Feb 14, 2013, 11:14 AM
Basically you'll want to do higher level client orders on your higher level classes, then switch to your lower level class when you turn it in. Then when you run out of orders to do, that's when you go grind on stages. Also, try not to fight anything 5 levels higher than you. It will gimp your exp quite harshly.

Good for getting meseta if your poor though.

UnLucky
Feb 14, 2013, 01:26 PM
do more mindless mpa grinding on level appropriate mobs

Retehi
Feb 14, 2013, 01:43 PM
Welcome to asian MMO's/dungeon crawlers.

holmwood
Feb 14, 2013, 02:05 PM
Those daily orders mang. Some go for 1 k per boss kill. 99k exp if you can get there and have good enough char to kill thoses bosses fast.

Some are just easy mob kills for 100exp per mob for max 99 counts to trn in.
Some are just plain horrible, like 20 exp per mob.

Macman
Feb 14, 2013, 02:10 PM
Daily Orders are hit-and-miss but man when they hit, they hit HARD.
I did one a while back that was killing up to 99 kuklonahdas for 1700 exp each.

Feels pretty good to slog through all those club-arms and rake in nearly 170,000 EXP all at once at the counter.

Zorafim
Feb 14, 2013, 02:27 PM
It should actually be easier to get exp on a new class than an old class. If you did all of Hans' and Revelle's client orders the first time around, you should be able to load up on them and do them all at once. Many of them are available only for a specific area, so if you pick up all the quests for that one area and start grinding, you should complete them all fairly quickly, and at the same time. This gives you at least 50% more experience than normal. While you hit a dry spell with them at lv20, Franka gives you a great boost with hers, and Kressidia's gives you the greatest exp/time reward with her S rank runs.

This stacks with multiparty grinding (maybe not Kressidia, but everyone else does). Find a party that's grinding in an area you need to grind in, and join in. You get exp and kills much faster than solo runs. It isn't nearly as fun as doing S rank runs or boss rushes, but it's good exp.

Also, don't forget about matterboards. The exp is terrible, but it gives you something to shoot for when you grind. Plus, the items you get might end up being useful.

solid_snark
Feb 14, 2013, 06:08 PM
CO's are the fastest way. Hans & Revelle's quests are daily. Cressida's are weekly, but some of the rewards are insane (collect 30 items in FC for 37k xp?). Some of Franca's are worth the effort, just not usually the ones with bosses involved. Make sure you get all of Emeline's 'observational' quests each week (the ones in the ruins are worth 15k~20k). Lottie and Rubert's quests are repeatable. Some of the VH mode dailies are good too (the rewards were bumped up a great deal a couple of patches ago). If you can't do them on your subclass, do them with your main and then switch for the turn-in. Also, make sure you're working on enemies that are 5 levels or less away from yours for maximum XP gain

Maronji
Feb 14, 2013, 06:23 PM
Cressida's are weekly, but some of the rewards are insane (collect 30 items in FC for 37k xp?).

Call me crazy, but are you saying all of them are weekly or only the ones worth doing are weekly?

I ask because it sounds like the former, but only her item collection ones, to my knowledge and my experience; I have all three extra classes unlocked on one character, so trust me on this one), were made weekly (and are, more often than not, the ones that give insane rewards). The rest of hers are daily.

supersonix9
Feb 14, 2013, 06:36 PM
Kressida COs.

Alisha
Feb 14, 2013, 06:58 PM

you do realize my hunter is lvl 47 now right?
anyways i think i was a little spoiled my 1st 2 weeks of playing by choco and falz EQ's.

blace
Feb 14, 2013, 07:09 PM
Not when I checked the parties last night when you were on block 6. I don't recall the class you were, but the level I saw was 22-23.

Lostbob117
Feb 14, 2013, 08:26 PM
Wait till it is easier.

Alisha
Feb 15, 2013, 12:34 AM
Not when I checked the parties last night when you were on block 6. I don't recall the class you were, but the level I saw was 22-23.

well i was more interested in code exp.

Dongra
Feb 15, 2013, 01:38 AM
You don't know the meaning of repetition until you have gotten to level 200 on the first PSO.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 15, 2013, 01:48 AM
If you had a king's mechgun, that was less about repetition and more about having a good rubber band.

But yeah, that was awful. wasn't 199 to 200 100% of the exp you already had by 199?

Punisher106
Feb 15, 2013, 11:33 AM
Daily Orders are hit-and-miss but man when they hit, they hit HARD.
I did one a while back that was killing up to 99 kuklonahdas for 1700 exp each.

Feels pretty good to slog through all those club-arms and rake in nearly 170,000 EXP all at once at the counter.

Same thing happened to me with Krabahdas. Managed to nearly give my GU two levels in one turn-in.

DoubleZero
Feb 15, 2013, 11:40 AM
If you had a king's mechgun, that was less about repetition and more about having a good rubber band.

But yeah, that was awful. wasn't 199 to 200 100% of the exp you already had by 199?

If I remember correctly, going from 199-200 was the same amount of XP going from 1-100.

solid_snark
Feb 15, 2013, 12:07 PM
Call me crazy, but are you saying all of them are weekly or only the ones worth doing are weekly?

I ask because it sounds like the former, but only her item collection ones, to my knowledge and my experience; I have all three extra classes unlocked on one character, so trust me on this one), were made weekly (and are, more often than not, the ones that give insane rewards). The rest of hers are daily.

You're not crazy; I wasn't doing my homework (posting from work...) However, it is true that the only ones worth doing are weekly. It's been ages since I did her early ones. Probably why she sighs at me all the time. :p

Z-0
Feb 15, 2013, 12:28 PM
The Ruins COs are worth doing now, and they're daily (10k+ EXP from each one). VH only though.

Alisha
Feb 15, 2013, 06:02 PM
just did a falz EQ on hard with my lvl 20 FO popped a +75% exp booster and didnt lvl once. i am absolutely livid.

ashley50
Feb 15, 2013, 06:06 PM
just did a falz EQ on hard with my lvl 20 FO popped a +75% exp booster and didnt lvl once. i am absolutely livid.
Falz is lv40, and you're lv20.
There is a problem.

Alisha
Feb 15, 2013, 06:12 PM
they need to fix the lvl reqs then. exp nerf is the stupiest thing ever. by constantly cockblocking me they are more likely to make me quit faster than keep me playing longer.

gigawuts
Feb 15, 2013, 06:18 PM
by constantly cockblocking me they are more likely to make me quit faster than keep me playing longer.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

GEE I WONDER IF PEOPLE HAVE BEEN SAYING THIS SINCE JULY

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Z-0
Feb 15, 2013, 06:18 PM
When enemies are +20 to your level, you don't get any EXP, lol.

All you got was the code EXP, which isn't boosted by EXP boosters.

Alisha
Feb 15, 2013, 06:22 PM
but client orders arent getting me anywhere fast. i just dont understand why i had no troubles lvling my 1st class but subsequent ones are a massive chore.

MetalDude
Feb 15, 2013, 06:24 PM
Because it was fresh and there was a lot of one-time COs with fair experience payout.

I dunno, it's really only bad until 30 and then it just blows by. This is coming from someone who has every class at lv. 45+.

UnLucky
Feb 15, 2013, 06:26 PM
No troubles? 9 out of 10 people I know quit by lv18-23

Seravi Edalborez
Feb 15, 2013, 06:29 PM
At 20 you would ideally be doing Hard Forest or Normal Tundra. Maybe one area ahead in either direction.

This used to be enforced, but they instead made it so ALL hard was lv 20 minimum, and all VH was 40. Before you'd get dumb things like most Hard Forest being 20, but Hard Free Forest/Volcano were 25/30 or something.

MetalDude
Feb 15, 2013, 06:33 PM
It's good and bad in that you can clear out those COs without needing to change classes, but the overall exp gains from going into areas 5+ lvls above is poor.

It also really doesn't help that Hard mode is sparse with parties.

Alisha
Feb 15, 2013, 06:35 PM
i know almost nobody mp's outside of vhard.

Seravi Edalborez
Feb 15, 2013, 06:38 PM
Because everyone would rather spam COs until they get to VH. Like everyone has been saying to do.

Z-0
Feb 15, 2013, 06:52 PM
Honestly, they should really make EXP reduction happen to enemies 10+ or 15+ levels now.

Especially due to Advanced Quests. Once you get your risk high enough you have a 25% permanent EXP reduction if you want to keep risk rewards.

The Walrus
Feb 15, 2013, 07:13 PM
They should just remove the reduction entirely. It's not helping them keep people around longer its just forcing everyone to waste time in crappy areas. We have 6 classes to level anyway so it's just a horrible decision on their part.

MetalDude
Feb 15, 2013, 07:14 PM
Which is kind of ridiculous and also especially unhelpful to players who are just able to do them who will be at a loss the entire time. I can't find when I want to level TE because it's at 45 right now and is constantly going to be reduced.

UnLucky
Feb 15, 2013, 07:52 PM
They should just remove the reduction entirely. It's not helping them keep people around longer its just forcing everyone to waste time in crappy areas. We have 6 classes to level anyway so it's just a horrible decision on their part.You really want 9 lowbies in VH MPAs leeching full exp?

The Walrus
Feb 15, 2013, 07:58 PM
People do it as is. That said by 40 I can easily handle my own in a Ruins MPA.

MetalDude
Feb 15, 2013, 08:05 PM
I barely MPA as it is anymore. That's a really poor point, but honestly it's such a mindless experience already that having lv 40's would make it interesting at least.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 15, 2013, 08:29 PM
Because it was fresh and there was a lot of one-time COs with fair experience payout.

I dunno, it's really only bad until 30 and then it just blows by. This is coming from someone who has every class at lv. 45+.

it's not even THAT bad. there are some really good COs, but you really should have cashed in on Xie's xmas COs, TC. those things were unreal >_>. swear I got from 10-30 in a week just doing those. and a few others. we're talking like 3 lvl ups a day from those alone at early stages. and they were all "bring me x of y" so you could just buy them out.

Gerard's rare creature stuff is only weekly but a lot of them are "kill rare boss x 1-3 times and get 20k+ exp and 5 grinders" No reason to pass those up.

That aside I still gained a few levels a day also turning in other COs. Pick an area and grab all the COs for it that you can. weather, gather, kill, etc. DO NOT TRY TO PLAY AS YOUR NEW CLASS YOU WILL BURN OUT AND QUIT.

Seriously, don't do it. Just don't. force feed it and run stuff as your high level. get better drops, stuff to sell, w/e. It's far more efficient and productive

UnLucky
Feb 15, 2013, 09:35 PM
Xie-Mas COs were what kept me signing in every day, no joke.

At some points just a single turn in was a full level. Combined with weather and maybe some other fetch/kills, you were looking at 2 levels off one or two runs of an area. Per day.

Alisha
Feb 15, 2013, 09:50 PM
i just got a pc capable of playing this in late Jan. anyways i finally broken down and since i have 14 mil meseta im having some alone time with franka. i think im about to run out of quests though. went from 20-24 in a short time. just need FO 30 then i can never touch it again.

Clessy
Feb 16, 2013, 12:28 AM
Grind, do event missions and pay for Exp.

Rien
Feb 16, 2013, 12:40 AM
I had a friend carry a new character of mine through normal TA's only, once every day or two days depending on when the TACO refreshed.

In just three rounds I hit level 18.

Gen2000
Feb 16, 2013, 01:43 AM
The Photon Spheres should be coming down a little bit in price since they are so common with Advance Quests spawning clones at least once every full tour run.

Photon Sphere 1 = 75% Exp Boost Ticket or 4 25% Exp Boost Tickets. If you pop em during the right times (i.e. Valentine EQ, Falz EQ, a really good MPA) you can get a lot of mileage out of them.

Besides that Ruins MPA and Hans/Lev CO stacking (and the few 10-20k exp from a few others) while running on a high level character then feeding the exp to the low level class was great exp.

Edit: Thank you for correction Syklo, I was just going by the picture, my mistake.

Syklo
Feb 16, 2013, 01:47 AM
The Photon Crystals should be coming down a little bit in price since they are so common with Advance Quests spawning clones at least once every full tour run.

Photon Crystal 1 = 75% Exp Boost Ticket or 4 25% Exp Boost Tickets. If you pop em during the right times (i.e. Valentine EQ, Falz EQ, a really good MPA) you can get a lot of mileage out of them.

Besides that Ruins MPA and Hans/Lev CO stacking (and the few 10-20k exp from a few others) while running on a high level character then feeding the exp to the low level class was great exp.
Just a slight correction : Photon sphere, not crystal.

It goes
Drop, Crystal, Sphere.

ShinMaruku
Feb 16, 2013, 02:41 AM
they need to fix the lvl reqs then. exp nerf is the stupiest thing ever. by constantly cockblocking me they are more likely to make me quit faster than keep me playing longer.
You should know better. Sega is incompetent at many things.

KaffeKane
Feb 16, 2013, 10:17 AM
Exactly.

As I've said, unlike many other F2P games, this one allows yout to change classes. Repitition is all there is in PSO in general.

Fixed for truth.