PDA

View Full Version : Can I play another class without its own mag?

Kitora
Feb 14, 2013, 01:54 PM
Hi, my first post here...

I've been conflicted for a few days about whether or not I want to play a Ranger or Force on the side. I'm currently on a Hunter closing in on 50. I would love to play a ranged role on the side, but found out that I'd be using my S-ATK mag...

Is it even worth it? Is the difference negligible?

I mean, if it came to it I'd buy AC and get one but I'd rather not... :(

Scale of Judgment
Feb 14, 2013, 01:55 PM
Mag only help to get you to equip the optimal equipment for that class. You can still play it for their specific playstyle.

gigawuts
Feb 14, 2013, 01:56 PM
If you don't have the money to buy a mag, just use the ATK Up skills to cover the required ATK. That's their real purpose.

You'll miss out on some good multipliers or other skills (like standing snipe, or some tech charge advance) but it shouldn't block you from playing the class decently at all, just from utterly maximizing it. Which, honestly, you probably weren't going to get the bestinclass 10 or 12* anyway.

Anduril
Feb 14, 2013, 01:59 PM
Yeah, Mags are basically for equipment purposes, so you won't lose too much by having a non-class matching Mag. I think the only real issue you may have is equipping the highest tier items closer to the cap.

Kitora
Feb 14, 2013, 02:03 PM
Hm, thanks for the quick responses.

Guess I'll do it then and worry about getting the other mag if it comes to that. I figured it would have made a huge difference for my overall damage dealt.

Anduril
Feb 14, 2013, 02:07 PM
Yeah, higher damage increases usually come from the percentage multipliers from skills rather than straight x-ATK.

Lumpen Thingy
Feb 14, 2013, 05:43 PM
Hm, thanks for the quick responses.

Guess I'll do it then and worry about getting the other mag if it comes to that. I figured it would have made a huge difference for my overall damage dealt.

Having a pure r att or t att mag makes a huge difference in your att as those classes trust me

MetalDude
Feb 14, 2013, 05:48 PM
You'll really only have to worry around 35+ if you want to start using good weapons. It's practically required to use Red Weapons since they have a 597 Atk requirement.

jooozek
Feb 14, 2013, 05:52 PM
You know, the skill simulator has a base stats simulator, why don't you use that?