PDA

View Full Version : Anxious to play the game (Quick question)

Kagemarou
Feb 15, 2013, 04:05 AM
I'm tempted to import this for my vita after watching all the gameplay videos for it. Only problem for me is I don't understand nor can I read a word of japanese :P. I assume others have already reserved an imported version. Can anyone help me out with making a choice on this?

Kinda dumb for this to be my first post, but i'm a long time PSO fan, clocked hundreds of hours on the Gamecube PSO way back and seeing this makes me so excited for a newer version to be coming out, much less to a handheld and a computer version which gives the online playabilities so much potential.

So I guess i'm asking, I know alot of you are probably on the beta playing, what is your current opinion on the game and would/are you importing the game when it's released for the vita?

Blackheart521
Feb 15, 2013, 04:09 AM
I'd say most of us are playing the PC version and will continue to do so, there are some people who will be playing both versions since they are on the same servers cross-platform, but the majority of this community is playing the PC version... ^^;

blace
Feb 15, 2013, 04:14 AM
The beta ended last month. Having been a part of the testing and seeing how the game will probably look, it's not that bad and runs fairly smoothly. However, the major disadvantage is added latency, as the Vita will need to relay info with Sony's servers, which in turn need to retrieve info from Sega's servers.

If you haven't already, you'll need to create a Sega ID before being able to play. Importing the game is one thing, but you still need an ID to log into the servers.

On the subject of importing, I already placed my order for the game. Controls work well, the touch pad typing is awkward and overall a bit of a cramped feeling especially when gripping onto the system during intense scenarios, like a boss fight.

nuten
Feb 15, 2013, 04:34 AM
Hello,

PSO way back and seeing this makes me so excited for a newer version to be coming out, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,..............^ ^;^^;

ashley50
Feb 15, 2013, 06:17 AM
Hello,

PSO way back and seeing this makes me so excited for a newer version to be coming out, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,..............^ ^;^^;

Rephrase your post.

Kagemarou
Feb 15, 2013, 12:04 PM
Yeah I had heard a rumor that you can transfer your character, or just login under the same name between the vita/PC servers since they're on the same servers so I can play at home and on the go when i'm out. With the whole Sega ID i'll create that as soon as I can then reserve my import and start playing it, though i'm prepared to not be able to read or know a single thing of what i'm doing :P.

But otherwise i'm really excited for this game, and I really hope it's released in other countries aside from Japan.