PDA

View Full Version : The funny red facehugging hats

Tachesis
Feb 15, 2013, 06:39 PM
So, are those funny red glowey hats I see on the occasional creature are darker infection, or something else? Because I see them on darkers too; Is this something other than what I think it is, or is this darkerception?

I'm confused.

Enforcer MKV
Feb 15, 2013, 06:46 PM
Glowey hats...OH.

Those are "infected" creatures. They give more Exp. and are harder to kill.

Anduril
Feb 15, 2013, 07:00 PM
Glowey hats...OH.

Those are "infected" creatures. They give more Exp. and are harder to kill.
"Harder to kill" depends on the enemy since the infected bulb is a weak spot. Infected Malmoths tend to go down much faster for me since the bulb is easier to hit than its normal weak spot.

UnLucky
Feb 15, 2013, 07:03 PM
And the Dark Seeds are always weak to Fire/Ice/Bolt regardless of the infected target's regular weakness.

Shadowth117
Feb 15, 2013, 07:05 PM
Basically, all it means is they have more HP and give more exp (and possibly better drops).

Of course, the bulb is a big weak point for some enemies.

Enforcer MKV
Feb 15, 2013, 07:05 PM
"Harder to kill" depends on the enemy since the infected bulb is a weak spot. Infected Malmoths tend to go down much faster for me since the bulb is easier to hit than its normal weak spot.

Fine then..."have more health"

Sheesh.

Tachesis
Feb 15, 2013, 07:13 PM
I guess i'm asking from a lore perspective rather than a gameplay one. I know what they do, but I can't figure out what, exactly they are.

Someone mentioned seeds?

The main confusion I have with them is if they're a darker thing, why are darkers also seen with these seeds stabbed in their head? Their friends didn't think they were darker enough?

Anduril
Feb 15, 2013, 07:17 PM
Fine then..."have more health"

Sheesh.
Why is it that every time I extrapolate on what other people say it seems that I offend them? I swear, I'm not doing it on purpose.

I guess i'm asking from a lore perspective rather than a gameplay one. I know what they do, but I can't figure out what, exactly they are.

Someone mentioned seeds?

The main confusion I have with them is if they're a darker thing, why are darkers also seen with these seeds stabbed in their head? Their friends didn't think they were darker enough?

Haven't played through the story with the patch yet, but my assumption is that the bulbs are a sign of advanced infection. It's possible that the darkers can also have them due to tinkering by the Falzes to create stronger darkers, or that they are the carriers for the infection that then spreads to other life forms.

Zyrusticae
Feb 15, 2013, 07:19 PM
Why is it that every time I extrapolate on what other people say it seems that I offend them? I swear, I'm not doing it on purpose.
People sure are high-strung around here.

We could do with a lot less tension, that's for sure.

The Walrus
Feb 15, 2013, 07:25 PM
Says the guy who lost his shit not too long ago right Zyru-chan :3

Seriously though yeah we could do with less tension around here. It would help if people stop getting so offended over differing opinions too. Damn people did the Internet chillax a little

Syklo
Feb 15, 2013, 07:43 PM
The seeds are merely mutations.

Either that or the mobs were unfortunate to have a brainfart.

UnLucky
Feb 15, 2013, 07:55 PM
But people are WRONG on the INTERNET

Enforcer MKV
Feb 15, 2013, 07:59 PM

For what it's worth...I wasn't actually offended. I actually had a smile on my face when you corrected me and I typed that out. It was supposed to be one of those "Fiiiiiine" moments that's taken comically. Yes, I know I failed hard. :lol:

Damn you lack of internet tone! DAMN YOOOOOOOOOU!!! :argh:

The Walrus
Feb 15, 2013, 08:01 PM
The Internet should automatically read things as Microsoft Sam to correct this issue

Syklo
Feb 15, 2013, 08:46 PM
The Internet should automatically read things as Microsoft Sam to correct this issue
Or microsoft anna

-flameshield-

Sparzyle
Feb 15, 2013, 08:50 PM
Well these things have chocolate inside... or at least that's what the Xie Order says P:

/toge CHOCOLATE!

Blackheart521
Feb 15, 2013, 10:20 PM
Well these things have chocolate inside... or at least that's what the Xie Order says P:

/toge CHOCOLATE!

Dark(er) Chocolate! ^^;

Syklo
Feb 16, 2013, 12:11 AM
Dark(er) Chocolate! ^^;
Bonus points for surprising your valentine with a flower on your head.

Aeris
Feb 16, 2013, 04:08 AM
Level 1 infection = a bulb on the head = 150% of normal stats and hp.
Level 2 infection = a plant like stem with multiple glowing spots on it = 200% of normal stats and hp.
Level 3 infection = a flower like plant on the area = 400% of normal stats and hp.

Also those multipliers means more exp like if the mob usually gives 80 exp and killed a mob with level 2 infection you get 160 of normal exp and vice versa.