PDA

View Full Version : subclass for my Hunter.

Poubelle
Feb 16, 2013, 09:40 AM
I'm trying to decide what to subclass for my Hunter (main job) which would benefit me most in damage output

I don't really care about techs or being versatile, I just want to do a lot of damage

I was thinking I should go Hunter/Fighter or Hunter/Gunner(that 200% pp gain on normal attacks looks good)...

any suggestions? and anyone want to explain the subclass system to me in detail a little more?

for example, I saw a gunner/hunter today wielding a sword. I thought that you can't use the weapons of your sub.

Soultrigger
Feb 16, 2013, 09:58 AM
Generally for most DPS, you either want a "pure" class (HuFi/FiHu, RaGu/GuRa, FoTe/TeFo) or sub Fighter (RaFi, FoFi).

In your case, it's essentially between FiHu and HuFi. Most people go with the former since there exists good, Hunter universals whereas Fighter universals are somewhat limited to Fossil Victor and Nishiki.

To answer your question: a universal is a weapon that any class can equip despite its weapon type as long as you fulfill the weapon requirement (whether it be ATK, DEF, DEX). The catch is you are only allowed to use Photon Arts/Techs with said universal weapon if you have the required class as a main or sub class. So if you have Space Tuna, you can attack with it, but you can't use Sonic Arrow unless you are a Hunter or subbing Hunter.

Essentially you choose your main class based on your best weapon/most used weapon type. So if you have a really good Sword and expect to use it often, then you would probably play HuFi, whereas if you have a really good Double Saber, you'd play FiHu. Statwise, other than secondary/tertiary attack stats which are mostly irrelevant, HuFi and FiHu are identical in stats with the exception of HP: Hunter has a large amount whereas Fighter is medium (equal to Ranger and Gunner).

Personal opinion, but Gunner doesn't mix well with anything as a hybrid if you want to talk efficiency. None of its passives are applicable aside from Attack PP Restore and Chain Trigger/Finish, the latter being very situational and arguably very useless if you aren't stacking it with Weak Bullet+Elder Rebellion/Satellite Aim.

Poubelle
Feb 16, 2013, 10:21 AM
I like swords (and spears), I'm not much interested in double sabers and the fighter weapons.

so I guess I'll go Hu/Fi, any links to skill tree builds ? (as in will I build my fighter a specific way because it will be my subclass?)

thanks a lot for the post, people ingame were telling me hu/fi is dumb and i should go hu/force

oratank
Feb 16, 2013, 12:07 PM
if u really want Fi to be pure subclass
get max 2 stances and advance

Poubelle
Feb 16, 2013, 12:16 PM
unlocked Fighter, really like the feel of daggers...

is it possible to be a strong/efficient dagger user or are the only viable weapons sword & double saber? :-?

and should I choose to main fighter with daggers instead, should I still sub hunter?

Hrith
Feb 16, 2013, 12:17 PM
HU/TE is a very solid build, but until they make Shifta/Deband last longer, HU/FI will be stronger. Still, I enjoy HU/TE more than HU/FI.