Feb 16, 2013, 10:23 AM
Just asking

Posted from Pso-world.com App for Android

scarecrow36
Feb 16, 2013, 11:38 AM
I'm downloading it for sure and whenever I'm not home i'll be on it

SolRiver
Feb 16, 2013, 12:44 PM
It is going to be my mobile mag feeding station.

ReaperTheAbsol
Feb 16, 2013, 12:51 PM
I have a buddy that will be playing it day one, and I could try nfluencing a couple of people that have Vitas if they have any interest in PSO. I'd like to play PSO2 on a Vita.

Emberghost
Feb 16, 2013, 01:12 PM
Will play on my Vita for sure. Anyone here knows if a 4 GB memory card would be enough for PSO2? Will buy a new one, for the JP account.

Supermaniac93
Feb 16, 2013, 01:14 PM
I believe alot of people will play pso2 on their little devices. i know i will, especially after my experience in the cbt! i highly recommend all those who have second thoughts about pso2 on a handheld to give it a second chance :>

i dont think its enough. im using an 8gb card and the way things looking now i would say you would need at least a 16gb card to play it. I hope i dont need it :(

Sara-hime
Feb 16, 2013, 02:06 PM
I preordered the special package edition off AmiAmi. Think it comes on a card already, so maybe my spare 4GB will help till I can get a 32GB again for a cheaper price. I just don't know WHO will be my primary character just yet. But I'd love to party with other Vita'ians!

SolRiver
Feb 16, 2013, 05:38 PM
I bought a 32gb for around $80...

Damn sony and their ridiculous price.

Zipzo
Feb 16, 2013, 06:21 PM
Will be playing in the Vita when laying down before bed...PC otherwise. Of course I'll use it for traveling as well.

Yeah, I have a 32gb card as well, the price sony charges for those things is ridiculous.

Alisha
Feb 16, 2013, 06:48 PM
i bought from playasia for the goodies.

Zipzo
Feb 16, 2013, 07:05 PM
The main issue most people will have trying out PSO2 (those with Vitas) is that they pretty much have to have a whole memory card dedicated to it, since you need to be signed in to a jp PSN account, and memory cards now assign themselves to your PSN. Essentially, you have to factory reset your Vita and swap memory card every time you want to switch between your us PSN, and your jp PSN. This means reinstalling every single one of your US games and save data every time you swap back to your us PSN (can require a lot of time depending on how much a gamer you are).

I don't know about you but I have a 2nd Vita in the works because that is annoying, and would be for most anybody.

Sony for some reason has all these anti-cross region barriers in place...couldn't tell you why.

bitCrusher
Feb 16, 2013, 07:37 PM
The main issue most people will have trying out PSO2 (those with Vitas) is that they pretty much have to have a whole memory card dedicated to it, since you need to be signed in to a jp PSN account, and memory cards now assign themselves to your PSN. Essentially, you have to factory reset your Vita and swap memory card every time you want to switch between your us PSN, and your jp PSN. This means reinstalling every single one of your US games and save data every time you swap back to your us PSN (can require a lot of time depending on how much a gamer you are).

I don't know about you but I have a 2nd Vita in the works because that is annoying, and would be for most anybody.

Sony for some reason has all these anti-cross region barriers in place...couldn't tell you why.

what? don't you just need to switch memory cards to switch accounts? Why would you need to do a factory reset?

Zipzo
Feb 16, 2013, 08:10 PM
You have to format your memory card every time, otherwise it complains that the card is tied to your US account. This is why you need a 2nd memory card at all.

Also, there is no way to just sign out of your us psn account and sign in to a jp psn account on your vita (try it). You have to factory reset the vita, then put in your reset memory card in order to load it up with a jp psn account. Then if you want to play on your US psn, you have to do it all over again.

You have to reformat your vita every time you want to switch accounts.

I would absolutely forget about playing PSO2 until you have a 2nd memory card (an 8 gig one preferably at minimum since, I think the game itself is 4gig and a 4gb gives you like 3.7-3.9 or something), unless it's the only game you plan to play, or you live in japan or are native so therefore prefer your jp PSN.

Why is a good question, but the actual reason why is because exactly what I already said...they are contrived region-cross barriers for us players. They don't want us players having their cake and eating it too, I guess could be used here.

Emberghost
Feb 17, 2013, 07:23 AM
As far as I know switching accounts is a process of like 5 minutes, if you have 2 memory cards. So a 2nd Vita isn't that much worth it..

And well, those region-cross barriers aren't only for us players, but for all Vita players. ^^

Jim
Feb 17, 2013, 08:51 AM
EDIT:

Ok, I've been researching it. Here are the definitive details.

Yes, a factory reset (AKA system format) must be done when you change PSN accounts.
Yes, you will need a separate memory card.
No, you will NOT need to format your memory cards.†
No, you will NOT lose your game downloads or save files.†
Yes, unfortunately, you will need internet access to switch accounts.

† Why the hell would you say that?

Click here for a walkthrough of the entire process of going between US and JP accounts (http://www.ign.com/wikis/ps-vita/How_to_Switch_PSN_Accounts_on_PlayStation_Vita)

r00tabaga
Feb 17, 2013, 09:22 AM
Until I can register in English, no.

Zipzo
Feb 17, 2013, 10:05 AM
EDIT:

Ok, I've been researching it. Here are the definitive details.

Yes, a factory reset (AKA system format) must be done when you change PSN accounts.
Yes, you will need a separate memory card.
No, you will NOT need to format your memory cards.†
No, you will NOT lose your game downloads or save files.†
Yes, unfortunately, you will need internet access to switch accounts.

† Why the hell would you say that?

Click here for a walkthrough of the entire process of going between US and JP accounts (http://www.ign.com/wikis/ps-vita/How_to_Switch_PSN_Accounts_on_PlayStation_Vita)You r research and comprehension needs work.

You don't lose your save data (the stuff on your "main" memory card) but you lose all of your installs on your vita. That's what a factory reset does, buddy. I didn't say you lost your memory card save data.

If you do NOT have a clean memory card you WILL need to format one. That's the whole point of needing a 2nd one in the first place, that's the only reason I mentioned reformatting a card. Not everybody bought a vita and 2 memory cards (see:barely anybody) *specifically* and only for playing pso2.

Jim
Feb 17, 2013, 10:15 AM
what? don't you just need to switch memory cards to switch accounts? Why would you need to do a factory reset?

You have to format your memory card every time

http://perikinder.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/picard-facepalm.jpg

Also, please use correct grammar when commenting on my research habits and comprehension skills. Sorry they "isn't" up to your standards.

Zipzo
Feb 17, 2013, 11:54 AM
http://static2.fjcdn.com/comments/MFW+_7031ee8716108f23bee0ea241e1e81b2.jpg

This is still your bad reading comprehension at work...

In the very same line of text (which you blatantly pull out of context for your own means), I say "that's why you need a 2nd memory card at all". This means that I am referring in the former sentence what you would need to do should you only have one memory card (which is what most people most likely and currently have).

You on board yet, jimmy?

DjDragoon
Feb 17, 2013, 12:17 PM
I thought Vita was out in March. When's the release date?

Z-0
Feb 17, 2013, 12:33 PM
28th of Februrary, so pretty much March.

DjDragoon
Feb 17, 2013, 12:36 PM
Ok cool, well that makes me a lil happier.

Jim
Feb 17, 2013, 12:56 PM
http://static2.fjcdn.com/comments/MFW+_7031ee8716108f23bee0ea241e1e81b2.jpg

This is still your bad reading comprehension at work...

In the very same line of text (which you blatantly pull out of context for your own means), I say "that's why you need a 2nd memory card at all". This means that I am referring in the former sentence what you would need to do should you only have one memory card (which is what most people most likely and currently have).

You on board yet, jimmy?

I can't see your image because the internet at my work blocks it. I understood what you meant from the start. It's what you said that's wrong.

"You have to format your memory card every time"

Every time you... what exactly? Surely you didn't mean you'd have to format the memory card to change PSN accounts if you only have the single card... Because bitCrusher's question was about switching between multiple memory cards. Not to steal your catchphrase, but if you were giving him advice on how to use one card... you might just have bad reading comprehension.

Zipzo
Feb 17, 2013, 01:18 PM
I can't see your image because the internet at my work blocks it. I understood what you meant from the start. It's what you said that's wrong.

"You have to format your memory card every time"

Every time you... what exactly? Surely you didn't mean you'd have to format the memory card to change PSN accounts if you only have the single card... Because bitCrusher's question was about switching between multiple memory cards. Not to steal your catchphrase, but if you were giving him advice on how to use one card... you might just have bad reading comprehension.The first sentence was simply an explanatory sentence. Explaining why a 2nd memory card is needed in the first place...in order to ease in to the very relevant explanation meant to answer his actual question which was about the factory reset on the vita.

Even later in the exact post you quoted I say this...

I would absolutely forget about playing PSO2 until you have a 2nd memory card (an 8 gig one preferably at minimum since, I think the game itself is 4gig and a 4gb gives you like 3.7-3.9 or something), unless it's the only game you plan to play, or you live in japan or are native so therefore prefer your jp PSN.

This should be a pretty clear indication that up until this point I'm referring to situations where a hopeful vita player is expecting to play PSO2 flawlessly in tandem with their US PSN locked vita with 1 US PSN locked memory card. I'm not simply speaking independently to bitcrushers question...that's why I didn't quote him at all.

I honestly just don't see how you can confuse this. Just stop.

Jim
Feb 17, 2013, 01:43 PM
The first sentence was simply an explanatory sentence. Explaining why a 2nd memory card is needed in the first place...in order to ease in to the very relevant explanation meant to answer his actual question which was about the factory reset on the vita.

Even later in the exact post you quoted I say this...

This should be a pretty clear indication that up until this point I'm referring to situations where a hopeful vita player is expecting to play PSO2 flawlessly in tandem with their US PSN locked vita with 1 US PSN locked memory card. I'm not simply speaking independently to bitcrushers question...that's why I didn't quote him at all.

I honestly just don't see how you can confuse this. Just stop.

I'd want me to stop too if I was defending a post like #14.

You got it.

Too bad though. We didn't even get around to how wrong you were about having to reinstall your US games in post #12.

Mio
Feb 17, 2013, 01:58 PM
Excuse me as I'm totally oblivious about it and I'm kinda getting confused. If I buy a second memory card, how hard would it be to switch to a Japanese PSN account?
Also how hard is to set a Japanese PSN account?

Jim
Feb 17, 2013, 02:06 PM
IGN actually made a video (http://www.ign.com/wikis/ps-vita/How_to_Switch_PSN_Accounts_on_PlayStation_Vita) of one of their people going through the whole process. It's not horrible, but it is like 5 minutes of work to get swapped between English memory card/account and Japanese.

Tutorials for making a JP PSN account are pretty easy to find. I know there's a guide on Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/5982662/how-to-make-a-japanese-psn-account-on-the-new-psn-and-how-to-navigate-the-store), but that's for the PS3 interface. I'll edit this post if I find a good one for Vita.

EDIT: From what I'm seeing, it looks like you can just pick Japan as your region after you do a system format, (which you can learn to do from the IGN video I posted above) then create an account from there. Not 100% sure, so feel free to chime in on this, people. The internet I'm using right now blocks YouTube, but you might want to check there for a tutorial as well.

Zipzo
Feb 17, 2013, 02:47 PM
I'd want me to stop too if I was defending a post like #14.

You got it.

Too bad though. We didn't even get around to how wrong you were about having to reinstall your US games in post #12.Do you even have a Vita?

And why do you black out all of your text?

Are you implying that swapping psn accounts doesn't wipe your Vita?

Jim
Feb 17, 2013, 03:14 PM
Do you even have a Vita?

And why do you black out all of your text?

Are you implying that swapping psn accounts doesn't wipe your Vita?

Yes.

Once you've been using forums for a while, it'll become clear.
There's no need to point out that you've been on PSO World for over 4 years. That sentence was facetious. So is this one, for reference.

It depends on what you mean by "wipe". Formatting your system in order to change PSN accounts does delete your PSN account from the device. It also does delete your time and date settings from the device. It does not erase your games. It does not erase your save files for your games. It does not uninstall your games. Therefore, your games do not need to be reinstalled. Contrary to what you said in post #12, once your memory cards are swapped and your PSN account is activated on the device, your games are ready to play and all of your data will be intact.

You were not talking about a single-card setup here, so that's off the table.

Zipzo
Feb 17, 2013, 04:34 PM
Yes.

Once you've been using forums for a while, it'll become clear.
There's no need to point out that you've been on PSO World for over 4 years. That sentence was facetious. So is this one, for reference.

It depends on what you mean by "wipe". Formatting your system in order to change PSN accounts does delete your PSN account from the device. It also does delete your time and date settings from the device. It does not erase your games. It does not erase your save files for your games. It does not uninstall your games. Therefore, your games do not need to be reinstalled. Contrary to what you said in post #12, once your memory cards are swapped and your PSN account is activated on the device, your games are ready to play and all of your data will be intact.

You were not talking about a single-card setup here, so that's off the table.No kidding I was not referring to a single card setup there.

I never said it erases your saves files. I just said when you swap everything is wiped from your vita and you have to re-install it all and it can take time depending on how much of a gamer you are. This is about the part I flubbed on, because it incorrectly implies a long measure of time to the re-application of all of your apps/games.

The "re-install" of your games specifically doesn't take a lot of time after you throw in the card, but the whole process is obnoxiously cumbersome. It reorganizes your apps after re-installation as well.

All in all, you're deflecting the conversation on to a completely different subject...the fact of the matter is if you don't have a 2nd memory card, you have to reformat and delete all of your stuff every time to swap to a JP account...your first post was asking me why I said that? Because it's true. So getting a 2nd memory card is necessary. Some people know that, some people don't yet. Once people figure that out, they become less enticed to try pso2 ("friends" like other posters were talking about getting in to the game just simply because they have a vita) because they then find out that there is this mechanical process to switching to a different memory card, resetting your vita...going through the factory setup.

It's really not to be underestimated, it's an annoying process...I've done it several times.