PDA

View Full Version : PSU Blues...

Hamadil
Feb 16, 2013, 02:21 PM
I have been playing PSU online for years and I'm not ready to give it up yet. Does anyone know if private servers are available? If so any recommendations?

burninglink5
Feb 16, 2013, 05:34 PM
This question is asked constantly.

There are none, unfortunately.

Anduril
Feb 16, 2013, 07:14 PM
The only private server projects that were around were abandoned quite a while ago.

Mike_Tizzle
Feb 17, 2013, 03:22 AM
Yeah...miss this game alot...

Hamadil
Feb 17, 2013, 03:55 AM
if only SEGA would release the server data, not necessarily the character data, just the simple maps/execution, similar to what Ragnarok Online did. Let's hope the devoted players of PSU get a little something-something in PSO2.
If there are rooms like in PSU I'd like a reminder of my Nudaiz home.
*sigh* RIP my beloved bot. Thou shalt be missed.

Sakarisei
Feb 17, 2013, 07:30 AM
if only SEGA would release the server data, not necessarily the character data, just the simple maps/execution, similar to what Ragnarok Online did. Let's hope the devoted players of PSU get a little something-something in PSO2.
If there are rooms like in PSU I'd like a reminder of my Nudaiz home.
*sigh* RIP my beloved bot. Thou shalt be missed.

But SEGA won't do it for money...

Hamadil
Feb 18, 2013, 03:32 PM
Well it's not like they would make more money by just trashing the whole thing...

Noblewine
Feb 18, 2013, 11:53 PM
Well it's not like they would make more money by just trashing the whole thing...

I think sega won't even bother with psu again. They want to move to another project and just use the item mall in pso2 as a means to making money. I would love to see a private server for psu but I don't know if its possible due to the "problems" that have been meantioned.

Tzeentch
Feb 19, 2013, 05:38 AM
Isn't EGS still working on it at all?

Hamadil
Feb 19, 2013, 06:08 AM

Ehhhhh?!?! :eek:

Seany1990
Feb 19, 2013, 09:18 AM
It makes no sense for Sega to do this, if they release the data, it might have an adverse effect on the PSO2 playerbase and therefore a decrease in revenue.

Anduril
Feb 19, 2013, 10:57 AM
The actual server project has been dropped, but is there is work being done on creating a patch to add content to the offline game including areas, weapons, and clothes from that were only available on the Japanese servers.

Noblewine
Feb 19, 2013, 11:35 PM

No the project was cancelled due to finding the source code or whatever the "real" problem is.

The actual server project has been dropped, but is there is work being done on creating a patch to add content to the offline game including areas, weapons, and clothes from that were only available on the Japanese servers.

That's news to me anduril I didn't know about that I heard they were working on making the offline story mode playing online or something.

DeathDragon2332
Feb 20, 2013, 12:36 AM
No the project was cancelled due to finding the source code or whatever the "real" problem is.

That's news to me anduril I didn't know about that I heard they were working on making the offline story mode playing online or something.

A couple people are forcing the online content into an offline mode tho it is not a 1:1 transfer there are things missing IE GAM,AP,GC missions but it will have other things like, faster PA exp, re balancing,Event missions from what I know it is only GC2 and up since he didn't get a copy of the older events which is fine that is around 8 events I think, and a lot of other secret stuff they are keeping to them selves.

Hamadil
Feb 20, 2013, 09:36 PM
It makes no sense for Sega to do this, if they release the data, it might have an adverse effect on the PSO2 playerbase and therefore a decrease in revenue.

You are right. I was thinking any seasoned Phantasy star fan would purchase PSO2 regardless. But any lost revenue whatsoever would be a deturrent for sega to release the data.

DeathDragon2332
Feb 20, 2013, 10:57 PM
They should do that just to please the fans, honestly they shouldn't have shutdown the servers to begin with there was still a large player base on both 360 and JP, even when PSO2 was out tons of people still played PSU, like me I didn't like PSO2 so I kept playing PSU and I know tons of others that did the same. Stupid move on Sega like always.

Noblewine
Feb 20, 2013, 11:00 PM
A couple people are forcing the online content into an offline mode tho it is not a 1:1 transfer there are things missing IE GAM,AP,GC missions but it will have other things like, faster PA exp, re balancing,Event missions from what I know it is only GC2 and up since he didn't get a copy of the older events which is fine that is around 8 events I think, and a lot of other secret stuff they are keeping to them selves.

Ah so that's what you meant.

Midori Oku
Feb 22, 2013, 05:24 PM
What is already our with the offline mod is nice, especially if you use cheat engine! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkXNYBlRi0o

lunesta
Feb 22, 2013, 06:22 PM
kinda been missing psu as well. Just started playing phantasy star zer0, add my friend code to play, thanks.

*PSO-World/GameFAQ username(s): lunesta
*PSZ Nickname: Iggy
*Time zone pacific
*Friend code:2895-6873-6837
-lvl. 5 racast, just starting out but i used to play psu a lot, down to do some missions or just goof off. hit me up

Alisha
Feb 22, 2013, 06:40 PM
why not just play PSPo2/i offline >_>

Midori Oku
Feb 22, 2013, 07:40 PM

Maybe some people do not like having to play on a PSP, or they just don't like the PP/combat system in it?

Hamadil
Feb 22, 2013, 09:08 PM
Maybe some people do not like having to play on a PSP, or they just don't like the PP/combat system in it?

Also a strong point. Though they are more similar than not.

DeathDragon2332
Feb 22, 2013, 09:29 PM
Yeah I hate the PSP2 and PSP2i system, why did they have to do the stupid combo system, if PSP2i was like PSP1 it would be so much fun, basically PSU but with 10x the content. Tho I still like PSP2i I play it everyday.

Noblewine
Feb 23, 2013, 12:49 AM
I agree about the chaining system its pointless plus makes playing as a hunter solo impossible. I do like some of the improvements but hate how they screwed hunters over when they want to use axes, spear, or swords. It doesn't work as well like in PSP1 or PSU. <.<
Also the NPC's in your party are annoying when they chain break especially on annoying bosses like Shizuru.

I'm play offline mode often because of how bad the network mode. The main reason I bought psp2 was to get the same experience I had when I played psu on the ps2. Sad that I lost my Stag Curlary and Final Impact because someone hosting a party online decided to use a cheat to make stuff drop easily. =-=

Lumpen Thingy
Feb 24, 2013, 10:24 PM
I think I'm one of the few that played this shit out of PSU and is glad its gone lol. But I can say I do miss some of the enemies like the jarbas

Midori Oku
Feb 25, 2013, 02:27 PM
Masterforce? In offline? With its faster casting speed? Running Black Nest?

No way!

:3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy9NXbRgGK0

Noblewine
Feb 25, 2013, 03:38 PM
^Long live psu!

DeathDragon2332
Feb 25, 2013, 05:21 PM
Ha ha how many times did it take you to get it? I always get the other one forgot what it's called.

Midori Oku
Feb 25, 2013, 06:33 PM
Ha ha how many times did it take you to get it? I always get the other one forgot what it's called.

First try. :)

EvilMag
Feb 25, 2013, 07:12 PM
Need to show me how to do that. I can never figure it out. >_<

Alisha
Feb 27, 2013, 02:54 PM
Yeah I hate the PSP2 and PSP2i system, why did they have to do the stupid combo system, if PSP2i was like PSP1 it would be so much fun, basically PSU but with 10x the content. Tho I still like PSP2i I play it everyday.

thats precisely why i liked i hate the PA spam by hunters in PSU theres basically no reason to use normal attacks. the chain system fixed that.

Midori Oku
Feb 28, 2013, 07:51 AM
thats precisely why i liked i hate the PA spam by hunters in PSU theres basically no reason to use normal attacks. the chain system fixed that.

If you're talking about a "balance" issue, force/gunner could easily keep up with fighter in PSU. The fact they could spam PA's was really not a problem, and was far from overpowered. The only reason they would usually have faster times was due to travel PA's, but even then other classes would be no more than a minute behind at most.

Mike
Feb 28, 2013, 07:22 PM
If you're talking about a "balance" issue, force/gunner could easily keep up with fighter in PSU. The fact they could spam PA's was really not a problem, and was far from overpowered. The only reason they would usually have faster times was due to travel PA's, but even then other classes would be no more than a minute behind at most.
The chain system was added to give people a reason to use normal attacks instead of simply mashing the PA button until your TP ran out not to balance types. In fact, the chain system worked poorly for forces and gave rangers and fighters a clear advantage in P2. But it worked well enough in P2 that it was kept for Infinity and even shows up in PSO2 as a gunner skill. Not that there was anything stopping you from spaming PAs in P2. You could spam them and still do 100% of the damage that PA was supposed to do.

Noblewine
Feb 28, 2013, 07:58 PM
The chain system was added to give people a reason to use normal attacks instead of simply mashing the PA button until your TP ran out not to balance types. In fact, the chain system worked poorly for forces and gave rangers and fighters a clear advantage in P2. But it worked well enough in P2 that it was kept for Infinity and even shows up in PSO2 as a gunner skill. Not that there was anything stopping you from spaming PAs in P2. You could spam them and still do 100% of the damage that PA was supposed to do.

But what's the deal with making it harder to uses spears, axes or a long sword to chain. Its impossible solo in psp2. I do like how we have TP gauge instead of photon chargers but its pretty ridiculous.

Dr.No
Feb 28, 2013, 08:43 PM
But what's the deal with making it harder to uses spears, axes or a long sword to chain. Its impossible solo in psp2. I do like how we have TP gauge instead of photon chargers but its pretty ridiculous.

Actually, Spears were quite good in PSPo2. They were actually quite quick (Especially compared to the other two weapons you mention), but their problem was their narrow range, but Dus Skadd made up for it. It wasn't impossible to chain with a spear, it'd just take more work compared to Twin Sabers and Twin Daggers.
Swords were a bit slower, but still usable, while Axes weren't that good. Considering that Axes were one of the most OP weapons back on PSU with Jarborga, I'd say it was a bit of a poor change for PSPo2, but alas most weapons weren't that useful on either PSPo2 or PSU. The other two weapons are still quite usable however, especially Spears, which are one of the better weapons to break a chain with.

Noblewine
Mar 3, 2013, 02:13 AM
I tried Dus Skadd and its pretty cool especially how the 3rd part (the fininsher) is pretty cool. I guess I have to adjust to the changes though I wish axes were as good as they were in psu. =/

DeathDragon2332
Mar 3, 2013, 11:47 AM
Yeah for Hunters, Spears,Swords,Twin Sabers and Double sabers are all I use in Infinity in just PSP2 I don't use Swords because they are so slow, they increased the speed of them in Infinity quite a bit.

MUDGRIP
Mar 3, 2013, 11:43 PM
Yea. I sometimes dress up as ethan waber and smack up cows(koltova's) in the field with my knuckles to still feel connected to the game.

Noblewine
Mar 6, 2013, 10:41 PM
^ LOL

I wish the later maps were available so I can smack rappies and boomas around again. =-=

-ZaNtH-
Mar 10, 2013, 11:15 PM
I miss PSU too, I don't miss a lot of the drama, though, lol. PSO2 don't even Interest me much, it def has some cool stuff, but it just isn't the same. I definitely wish the PSU servers were still up.

Noblewine
Mar 11, 2013, 05:06 PM
The drama is one thing I don't miss. I believe you when you say that. =-=
How does a game like PSU attract these kinda problems.

Alisha
Mar 19, 2013, 12:44 AM
I tried Dus Skadd and its pretty cool especially how the 3rd part (the fininsher) is pretty cool. I guess I have to adjust to the changes though I wish axes were as good as they were in psu. =/

axes were arguably at their best in infinity where a normal combo with them was 6 hits and not 3.

Noblewine
Mar 19, 2013, 07:41 PM
axes were arguably at their best in infinity where a normal combo with them was 6 hits and not 3.

I heard about an update where they made axes and swords better in Infinity. Just sad they didn't get that kinda justice in psp2. =/

Alisha
Mar 19, 2013, 07:47 PM
swords were as fast as sabers lol