PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Spoilers: New weapon types?

Tajima Hirago
Feb 16, 2013, 04:36 PM
Greetings, fellow Arks.

More spoilerific news from our sneaky dataminers of the community. This juicy bit from Agrajag himself and as quoted below.

[SPOILER-BOX]Hey guys! Guess what!

The next two weapon types are "Katana" and "CompoundBow". You heard it here first. The following skills have been added to the skill lists:

FuryStanceCombo (HU)
KillingBonus (RA?)
PhotonFlareAfterBurst (FO)
PPSlayer (FI?)
PerfectKeeper (GU?)
TerritoryBurstAdvance (TE)

Also:Each class also has a "RareBoost" for each weapon they can use, and a Rare10(classname) and Rare11(classname).
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Oh, and another updated icon sheet here.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9259868/pso2_final/pso2_2013_2_20_ui_icon.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

I'm rather curious as to how these two new weapon types will play out on PSO2. What do you guys think? Discuss! :-D

EDIT:Looking at the icon sheet it seems that the black bow thing is a talis? And the other seems to be a wand? Either way, throw my guess out the window.

NoiseHERO
Feb 16, 2013, 04:41 PM
Yeah those two pics look like existing weapon types... But black weapon looks like it goes with zan set.

But katana and bow...?

Dammit let me quit this game.

supersonix9
Feb 16, 2013, 04:44 PM
This is great. Read this last night, should be two amazing weapon types.

Agito was my favorite weapon in PSO1. Hopefully they bring it back.

Jakosifer
Feb 16, 2013, 04:49 PM
If Katana is a new weapon type, I will have another fucking melee character... 5 GOD DAMN MELEE CHARACTERS !!!

TehblackUchiha
Feb 16, 2013, 04:54 PM
the black weapon is a tails. Look for it in the small icons

gigawuts
Feb 16, 2013, 04:54 PM
The potential bow is packed with talises, so...

The other one is with wands and has recolors there too.

The Walrus
Feb 16, 2013, 04:56 PM
ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN

Tajima Hirago
Feb 16, 2013, 05:01 PM
the black weapon is a tails. Look for it in the small icons

The potential bow is packed with talises, so...

The other one is with wands and has recolors there too.

Thanks for pointing that out ^^;

But yeah, Just noticed the chrome dragon set. Looks pretty sick!

Z-0
Feb 16, 2013, 05:03 PM
Spoiler: On new classes, that you have to grind from 1 B)!!

*SEGA*

_Nue
Feb 16, 2013, 05:05 PM
Those new string of units look really cool.

I may be a talis user, but DAMN those new rods look so awesome.

Tyreek
Feb 16, 2013, 05:07 PM
Still no slicers? Ugh. Guess I'll still be holding out hope for the eventual return of PSO/PSU's lovely weapon set. Been waiting on katana class to come back though. Had a feeling it'd return. At least to satiate the folks who miss the single saber classes over gunslashes. Hope the attacks functions are a step up from the PSO style.

Laxedrane
Feb 16, 2013, 05:25 PM
Nice to hear that. I was actually hoping they made katana their own class again. Even though my main has a tech focus my melee character will be fun with this addition. Although I won't go OMG until I hear sega officially announce the release of new weapon classes.

Now we just need Shotguns, Slicers, and whips to round out the "Most requested weapon classes" circuit Sega!

NoiseHERO
Feb 16, 2013, 05:29 PM
hopefully this katana will also cover some people's issue with gunslash not really being the kind of normal sized sword they wanted. (hell put me on that list of people even though GS grew on me, but then GS wasn't pro nuff.)

Hopefully katana will be an awesome/decent standalone weapon that won't have to be accompanied by a gun(because this isn't PSU) and won't be too weak to use for longer than lower levels (because it's not a basic saber.)

Alisha
Feb 16, 2013, 05:35 PM
wheres the katana because im not seeing it?

NoiseHERO
Feb 16, 2013, 05:39 PM
wheres the katana because im not seeing it?

Nothing visible, same with bow OP was just making a guess.

But those names alone are in game data. (I'm assuming we won't even see them first half of this year since we only got half of the road map.) And they're probably still in major development.

So yeah people can put their pants back on, because it'll be a long few months otherwise. D:

gigawuts
Feb 16, 2013, 05:45 PM
The biggest thing is the fact that there's stuff in the files about boosting rare droprates for your current class.

That's kind of a big deal.

edit: Also, I too hope they do slicers with the katana class. Just had a thought of a talis-like melee weapon, performing very similarly. You can do all PA's at point blank, or do a normal attack to fling out a blade to cast PA's off of. Normal attacks would still hit 4 targets and be much stronger than a talis, obviously, and use SATK as well.

Alisha
Feb 16, 2013, 05:55 PM
what if katana's just turn out to be wands. would you still want them?

gigawuts
Feb 16, 2013, 06:00 PM
You mean if they were split damage, had a gear that only brought them up to ordinary performance, were on a mediocre class that essentially demanded being combined with another, much stronger class when mained, and had no unique PA's but instead performed identically to a pre-existing weapon except worse in every way but one tiny niche role?

Yes, I think people would still want them, because they're katanas.

UnLucky
Feb 16, 2013, 06:31 PM
You mean if they were split damage, had a gear that only brought them up to ordinary performance, were on a mediocre class that essentially demanded being combined with another, much stronger class when mained, and had no unique PA's but instead performed identically to a pre-existing weapon except worse in every way but one tiny niche role?

Yes, I think people would still want them, because they're katanas.
I hope it's all-class so I can show it off without switching mains.

yoshiblue
Feb 16, 2013, 06:37 PM
If it did become a force weapon, I can see it mixing Tech attack for damage much like slicers in PSZ. Maybe add light saber mode to it too. Light blade on, light blade off.

SPOnion
Feb 16, 2013, 06:52 PM
Is...rareboost...a skill?

Syklo
Feb 16, 2013, 07:00 PM
I see 2 ducking blow icons.
No katana/bow PA discs
3 Blank icons?

And some WEIRD dagger set right after the red daggers..

I WANT THE ICY SPECIAL (EXCUBE) REAR UNITS ALREADY!!!!

Ezodagrom
Feb 16, 2013, 07:24 PM
I see 2 ducking blow icons.
That's been there ever since Knuckles were added, one of the ducking blow icons is for the Knuckles PA, the other is for when attacking without weapons (just using the fists).

Golto
Feb 16, 2013, 07:31 PM
I think rareboost is like how regular weapons drop for types as of now. Gunners get a lot more twin mechs than rifles etc. So maybe rareboost will increase chances of rare mechs?

Syklo
Feb 16, 2013, 07:38 PM
I think rareboost is like how regular weapons drop for types as of now. Gunners get a lot more twin mechs than rifles etc. So maybe rareboost will increase chances of rare mechs?
That's what I'm thinking too.

But no clue on what rare10(classname) and rare11(classname) mean..

Skye-Fox713
Feb 16, 2013, 07:41 PM
I spy a Yas. 7000V in there, very cool.

Syklo
Feb 16, 2013, 07:43 PM
Are those haze draal units?

and omg lambda quartz calibur!?

Dongra
Feb 16, 2013, 08:13 PM
What we really need are the return of slicers, twin swords, and shotguns.

Lostbob117
Feb 16, 2013, 08:22 PM
The Katana is for Hu/Fi and the bow is for Ra/Gu because what hinted to them was photon arts and magic stuff doesn't have photon arts, they have techs. also the only thing that hints to them are the pa's no icons, no nothing except the pa stuff. They're most likely working on more weapons for perhaps new classes.

DoubleCannon
Feb 16, 2013, 09:02 PM
Sealed J-Sword!! FUUCK YESSS! WE all know this will return! Oh man I hope Katanas are just super OP! I dont even care, I just want a super fast ninja sword lol

Skye-Fox713
Feb 16, 2013, 09:15 PM
What we really need are the return of slicers, twin swords, and shotguns.

Indeed, especaly the Shotguns as a universal RA, GU weapon.

Alisha
Feb 16, 2013, 09:39 PM
do we really want to bring back the hax that was shotgun CS2?

SallySalSal
Feb 16, 2013, 10:25 PM
Compound Bow, cool.

gigawuts
Feb 16, 2013, 10:26 PM
Shotguns universal? Good god, no. Only if sword becomes universal for melee.

Zyrusticae
Feb 16, 2013, 10:29 PM
Why in the world would you make shotgun universal?

Either it's got flashy moves like TMG and it thus becomes exclusive to Gunner or it gets utilitarian moves like the launcher and AR and it gets stuck with ranger, but there's no way in hell it'd be shared between both.

Plus there's still the laser cannon which would probably be an exclusive ranger weapon anyways...

I doubt they're adding any new weapons to existing classes, so this is pretty much moot to begin with.

Drifting Fable
Feb 16, 2013, 11:42 PM
Welp here's to hoping that Katanas will get an actual moveset and not lumped in with the swords as usual like the Akatsuki.

Lostbob117
Feb 17, 2013, 12:31 AM
Shotguns would be pretty dumb, since assault rifles have a shotgun pa.

Shakuri
Feb 17, 2013, 12:32 AM

Slicers would be pretty dumb too, Swords already have Sonic Arrow. ^^

Resanoca
Feb 17, 2013, 12:35 AM
No twin sabers. sadface

NoiseHERO
Feb 17, 2013, 12:44 AM
Slicers would be pretty dumb too, Swords already have Sonic Arrow. ^^

/keanu reeves meme moment...

Sword is slicer!!!

Zyrusticae
Feb 17, 2013, 12:47 AM
Assault rifles also have a grenade launcher PA.

We still have launchers.

This argument is weak. :-?

Lostbob117
Feb 17, 2013, 12:52 AM
Assault rifles also have a grenade launcher PA.

We still have launchers.

This argument is weak. :-?

No, there is a difference. Rifles are fast and Launchers are slow, unless.. you want shotguns to be slow like launchers.

Blackheart521
Feb 17, 2013, 12:59 AM
No, there is a difference. Rifles are fast and Launchers are slow, unless.. you want shotguns to be slow like launchers.

They should be kinda slow, considering they are firing in a spread, a bit faster than launchers would be fair I'd say ^^;

yoshiblue
Feb 17, 2013, 01:06 AM
A bit faster than a launcher but not as much range. I can already see a flamethrower PA, a PA with huge knock back, and a PA that just makes you fire like crazy.

Lostbob117
Feb 17, 2013, 01:08 AM
They should be kinda slow, considering they are firing in a spread, a bit faster than launchers would be fair I'd say ^^;

If they did this then it would be fine to add shotguns.

Rei-San
Feb 17, 2013, 01:26 AM
KATANA! YES! YES! YES! YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS!

Now just make Beasts a new race and I can die happy.

gigawuts
Feb 17, 2013, 01:27 AM

Launchers would be pretty dumb, since assault rifles have a grenade pa.
Mechguns would be pretty dumb, since assault rifles have a rapid fire pa.

UnLucky
Feb 17, 2013, 01:35 AM
why do hunters and fighters have so many weapons? they all just cut things

except fists don't cut it

Syklo
Feb 17, 2013, 01:38 AM
why do hunters and fighters have so many weapons? they all just cut things

except fists don't cut it
-using fists-
Clap Clap Clap.

Zorafim
Feb 17, 2013, 01:39 AM
Please no new classes please no new classes please no new classes...

Leveling six is hard enough...

Darki
Feb 17, 2013, 01:40 AM
Yaay katanas. Finally. They're adding them as a separate weapon so I don't have to suffer from overrated silly-looking weapons on my sword list. I just hope this means i won't ever see many katana-like swords.

But compound bow... Fuck I want this.

Chacron
Feb 17, 2013, 01:45 AM
It would be nice if these bow had their own PAs, the ability to shoot and move, and have both r-atk and t-atk on them. It would make my Caseal's dreams come true.

Darki
Feb 17, 2013, 01:48 AM
It would be nice if these bow had their own PAs, the ability to shoot and move, and have both r-atk and t-atk on them. It would make my Caseal's dreams come true.

Well, what would they have if not their own PAs? <_<

We're assuming that the bow is going to be a tech weapon... I hope it is but I can't put my hopes up. Bows used to e the long-ranged weapon of choice on par with rifles in PSU, but since in this game rifles are entirely different I wouldn't be surprised that they made it a purely ranged weapon.

but if I had bows in my FO I'd be like tha happiest FO on Earth.

gigawuts
Feb 17, 2013, 01:50 AM
What could bows do with techs that talises don't?

All I can think of is a wand-talis hybrid where you ready a tech and fire the bow, then it casts the tech on impact for decent damage but not as much as a tech-specced force.

It would, of course, have less damage than a talis as well.

Failing that, just new PA's (edit: which the wand needs more than a whole new weapon).

Eeeh...

Lostbob117
Feb 17, 2013, 01:53 AM
As I said in a previous post that bows were found from a pa, not a tech just saying. So most likely going to RA/GU

Blackheart521
Feb 17, 2013, 01:55 AM
I expect to see an uncanny amount of Kagome (From Inuyasha) Characters running around after Bows release ^^;

Chacron
Feb 17, 2013, 01:56 AM
Well, what would they have if not their own PAs? <_<

We're assuming that the bow is going to be a tech weapon... I hope it is but I can't put my hopes up. Bows used to e the long-ranged weapon of choice on par with rifles in PSU, but since in this game rifles are entirely different I wouldn't be surprised that they made it a purely ranged weapon.

but if I had bows in my FO I'd be like tha happiest FO on Earth.

Well, they could make it a ranged wand, with the same gear and all. Its projectiles would have the same effect as a wands melee hit and you'd other wise would be just casting from the thing.

That is something I do NOT want. PAs all the way.

yoshiblue
Feb 17, 2013, 02:00 AM
Please no new classes please no new classes please no new classes...

Leveling six is hard enough...

I follow under the Zora's banner. No new classes! For now at least.

Rei-San
Feb 17, 2013, 02:01 AM
I agree that the other classes need love.

Lostbob117
Feb 17, 2013, 02:48 AM
I follow under the Zora's banner. No new classes! For now at least.

Of course these weapons aren't coming anytime soon since they're in the work right now. Even the classes, but I'm sure they're coming this year.

Alisha
Feb 17, 2013, 03:05 AM
ill laugh when both are techer weapons

UnLucky
Feb 17, 2013, 03:15 AM
I would laugh if the katana was a wand with custom animations and became the defacto best wand for all eternity because it doesn't cast slow

Coatl
Feb 17, 2013, 03:46 AM
A bow might actually make a shooting/caster hybrid not garbage.
I'm excited.

ShinMaruku
Feb 17, 2013, 03:47 AM
Colour me pessimistic but Sega is gonna fuck something up. Hopefully fuck up good though... That would be awesome.

blace
Feb 17, 2013, 03:50 AM
Colour me pessimistic but Sega is gonna fuck something up. Hopefully fuck up good though... That would be awesome.
What do you think would happen?

Zenobia
Feb 17, 2013, 04:04 AM
Hah yeah give us katana's and compound bow sure wouldn't mind.

But man i sure wouldn't mind if they implemented shields in PO2 those shields were OP perfect block do damage to the enemy and retaliate HELL YES!

Come on i know some of you miss the shields in psp2 version?

Coatl
Feb 17, 2013, 04:13 AM
What do you think would happen?

Make bows split damage type r-atk/t-atk.
Katanas having no gear.

Renvalt
Feb 17, 2013, 05:00 AM
Either Katanas are a one-handed weapon (don't concern yourself with shields for the moment), and thus are more reminiscent of the ORIGINAL Sabers, or they're two-handed for the purpose of keeping the sheath as a defensive tool (basis for its custom weapon action).

Bows should probably use T-ATK as a stat req, but use R-ATK as its damage modifier (thus making HYBRID MAGS ACTUALLY USEFUL). I mean, as a ranged weapon it makes sense - and if it's going onto Force/Techer, then T-ATK is pretty much the only option.

What makes me mad is the purist mentality behind players building pure mags and not exploring custom builds - nope, it's all about the numbers, man. That damage is gon' make ya famous like da Ensidia folk of WoW!

People, for ONCE in your life, try and be creative, will ya? Otherwise we'll descend down Plagiarist Doberman Lane for all eterntity - and I don't want that.

Stop caring about your DPS 100%, actually take the time to create builds that make sense and yet aren't cookie cutter, and perhaps actually stop soloing every damn thing in existence prior to VH?

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 17, 2013, 05:15 AM
Why in the world would you make shotgun universal?

Either it's got flashy moves like TMG and it thus becomes exclusive to Gunner or it gets utilitarian moves like the launcher and AR and it gets stuck with ranger, but there's no way in hell it'd be shared between both.

Plus there's still the laser cannon which would probably be an exclusive ranger weapon anyways...

I doubt they're adding any new weapons to existing classes, so this is pretty much moot to begin with.

This.

Katana and one or two other weapons will likely be for a new melee class.

Compound bow will (probably) be a new tech class's weapon. Maybe one other weapon for this.

I could definitely see a new ranger class with laser and shotgun, focusing more on defense and AoE

UnLucky
Feb 17, 2013, 05:16 AM
yes let's all make custom builds that do exactly the same thing as the popular builds, just not nearly as well.

at least we're having fun mindlessly grinding slower than anyone else, right guys?

Ce'Nedra
Feb 17, 2013, 05:35 AM
Bows might be fun but ugh katana's. where are my claws and twin swords sega? ;_;

Glad to see a updated sheet, I saw a few things that catch my interest. Still no Lavis Cannon sadly (hope that won't be a katana)

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 17, 2013, 07:05 AM
yes let's all make custom builds that do exactly the same thing as the popular builds, just not nearly as well.

at least we're having fun mindlessly grinding slower than anyone else, right guys?

Yeah I know I would have more fun being ok at everything and great at nothing >_>

Bows might be fun but ugh katana's. where are my claws and twin swords sega? ;_;

Glad to see a updated sheet, I saw a few things that catch my interest. Still no Lavis Cannon sadly (hope that won't be a katana)

Wouldn't surprise me if claws and twin sabers were the other two weapons for the new class I mentioned. Only reason I dont see claws a possibility is so many classic claws have already been made into wire lances.

As far as lavis cannon I don't see it being a Katana. if it were, we all know it wouldn't have it's classic ability. More likely it will be remade into a gunslash, sadly.

Ce'Nedra
Feb 17, 2013, 07:42 AM
Wouldn't surprise me if claws and twin sabers were the other two weapons for the new class I mentioned. Only reason I dont see claws a possibility is so many classic claws have already been made into wire lances.

As far as lavis cannon I don't see it being a Katana. if it were, we all know it wouldn't have it's classic ability. More likely it will be remade into a gunslash, sadly.

I gladly take it as a gunslash but here I hope it wont need insane T or R-atk to use it. It should have S-atk cause it was a Hunter weapon afterall. Also IF it becomes a gunslash I want it to shoot its shockwaves as regular bullets in gun mode.

There were also some knuckles made into WL and we still got knuckles, same with daggers, Daylight Scar is a Dagger officially yet turned into a WL. So yeah, I can still see it happen. Though I think I'd rather see single claw then dual claw, but Twin Sabers is a must and I think Sega can't leave these out as its the most popular weapon type together with double saber probarly.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 17, 2013, 07:52 AM
I gladly take it as a gunslash but here I hope it wont need insane T or R-atk to use it. It should have S-atk cause it was a Hunter weapon afterall. Also IF it becomes a gunslash I want it to shoot its shockwaves as regular bullets in gun mode.

There were also some knuckles made into WL and we still got knuckles, same with daggers, Daylight Scar is a Dagger officially yet turned into a WL. So yeah, I can still see it happen. Though I think I'd rather see single claw then dual claw, but Twin Sabers is a must and I think Sega can't leave these out as its the most popular weapon type together with double saber probarly.

You're right I completely forgot about the knuckles. I wasn't aware of daylight scar because I didn't play BB. Anyway the claws are still a bit more prominent but you're right they don't seem to shy away from using old weapon models in different categories.

The shockwave is exactly why I expect it to be a GS. If they didn't have the shockwave as a shot effect, they may as well make it a katana >_>

Jim
Feb 17, 2013, 08:18 AM
Damn it, OP got my hopes up with all that Katana talk. All I want is a saber-like weapon that can block instead of having a gun built in.

[SPOILER-BOX]Red Gunslash it is then...

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp7cjsg2N01qcx0d3.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

EDIT: Ok, I'm unclear now... People are saying that the weapons pictured in the OP are existing weapon types; so does that mean we aren't getting Katanas and bows? Or are we?

dRage
Feb 17, 2013, 08:49 AM
Damn it, OP got my hopes up with all that Katana talk. All I want is a saber-like weapon that can block instead of having a gun built in.

[SPOILER-BOX]Red Gunslash it is then...

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp7cjsg2N01qcx0d3.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

EDIT: Ok, I'm unclear now... People are saying that the weapons pictured in the OP are existing weapon types; so does that mean we aren't getting Katanas and bows? Or are we?

The two new weapon classes were found in the game's coding. There are no icons for them as of now, though. So it's probably going to take a while until we see Katanas and Bows in the game.

Jim
Feb 17, 2013, 09:08 AM
The two new weapon classes were found in the game's coding. There are no icons for them as of now, though. So it's probably going to take a while until we see Katanas and Bows in the game.

Ok, that's what it sounded like at first, but then I let myself get confused. Thanks, dude.

This is good news! I've been stubbornly using melee-only Gunslash, trying to emulate the PSO1 Saber. Katanas could be a much better alternative!

mailsonds
Feb 17, 2013, 10:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-oCG_KAYMM

TehblackUchiha
Feb 17, 2013, 03:34 PM

Look next to zanba that's most likely lavis cannon, and hopefully it has some type of inbedded ability where it shoots or at least the lavis weapon potentials have the ability to do that.

Edit: well damn lol i thought that was it...

Lostbob117
Feb 17, 2013, 04:00 PM
Look next to zanba that's most likely lavis cannon, and hopefully it has some type of inbedded ability where it shoots or at least the lavis weapon potentials have the ability to do that.

Next to Zanba is dragon slayer

Anatha
Feb 17, 2013, 08:13 PM
We know about the two new weapon types because there are PHOTON ARTS associated with them.

Really don't understand why people insist on mentioning techs in relation to bow.

Laxedrane
Feb 17, 2013, 09:11 PM
We know about the two new weapon types because there are PHOTON ARTS associated with them.

Really don't understand why people insist on mentioning techs in relation to bow.

Because they are hoping it's a force/techer weapon like it was predominately in psu. Why they assume it has to use techs to be a force exclusive weapon I couldn't tell ya.

Rien
Feb 17, 2013, 09:13 PM

no, we know about them because their names (and names only) have been added to the list of existing weapon names, with no actual weapons under them yet.

Next to Zanba is dragon slayer

What's on the right of Ruin Gloam? I want that sword.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 17, 2013, 09:32 PM

You're funny. name one of these PAs please.

Blundy
Feb 17, 2013, 09:59 PM
i await bows with eager anticipation, i do not await katana hype with eager anticipation.

Lostbob117
Feb 17, 2013, 10:09 PM
You're funny. name one of these PAs please.

KatanaPA01

What's on the right of Ruin Gloam? I want that sword.

No idea.

gigawuts
Feb 17, 2013, 10:12 PM
KatanaPA01

Well I guess we know katanas aren't for casting techs you guys.

Maronji
Feb 17, 2013, 10:15 PM
KatanaPA01

I can't tell if you were serious or if that was sarcasm.

I haven't seen any links to these weapons and PAs anywhere as of yet (yes, I checked that forum just now), and unless you guys are getting your information from an IRC channel I'm not sitting in or from some other source, I honestly don't know where this "associated with PA" stuff is coming from.

Though we can all basically automatically assume that "Katana" is going to be for melee classes with relatively low risk of being wrong.

Lostbob117
Feb 17, 2013, 10:19 PM
I can't tell if you were serious or if that was sarcasm.

I haven't seen any links to these weapons and PAs anywhere as of yet (yes, I checked that forum just now), and unless you guys are getting your information from an IRC channel I'm not sitting in or from some other source, I honestly don't know where this "associated with PA" stuff is coming from.

Though we can all basically automatically assume that "Katana" is going to be for melee classes with relatively low risk of being wrong.

The other pa name is "CompoundbowPA01"

Zorak000
Feb 17, 2013, 10:50 PM
yeah man it's not sarcasm. I am guessing they found out about these weapon types because they found data for PAs named "KatanaPA01" and "CompoundbowPA01" purely placeholder data, obviously, but if they were called something else they would still could be thought of as new PAs for preexisting weapons, as opposed to whole new weapon categories altogether.

Punisher106
Feb 17, 2013, 11:21 PM
Katanas? Looks like they're bringing the Sange and Yasha back, but I want both of themtogether, too, god dammit. That's like my shtick!

gigawuts
Feb 17, 2013, 11:25 PM
Even while I think compound bows will be for a ranger class (maybe if it was a crossbow or ordinary bow I'd say it was for a force class, but compound is pretty specific to modernized sports bows as far as I know...but I know essentially nothing about bows, so take that with a grain of salt), having PA's means nothing besides the fact that they heard everyone say wands needed PA's so they're taking that into consideration for future force hybrid classes.

Shit, it might be as simple as zondarrow, foiearrow, bartarrow. Tech/PA hybrids you can only use with bows.

Kirine
Feb 18, 2013, 12:29 AM
Even while I think compound bows will be for a ranger class (maybe if it was a crossbow or ordinary bow I'd say it was for a force class, but compound is pretty specific to modernized sports bows as far as I know...but I know essentially nothing about bows, so take that with a grain of salt), having PA's means nothing besides the fact that they heard everyone say wands needed PA's so they're taking that into consideration for future force hybrid classes.

Shit, it might be as simple as zondarrow, foiearrow, bartarrow. Tech/PA hybrids you can only use with bows.

If anything, I feel the perks with using compound bow will be something similar to "pierce"... shoot in a straight line, hit multiple enemies in a line.

The PA will probably be based on piercing many enemies at different angles and location. Probably have a ricochet type of skill in the mix as well.

The skill tree would probably add status ailments, such as poison, stun, or locking the enemy in place for a duration.

Maronji
Feb 18, 2013, 12:37 AM
Hopefully, the Katana weapon class will bring something unique to the table and not just feel like the Sword weapon class with different animations and a new name tagged on.

That being said...
[SPOILER-BOX]
I am guessing they found out about these weapon types because they found data for PAs named "KatanaPA01" and "CompoundbowPA01"

You see, this is the thing I'm having a problem with. What is the source of this particular information about data for placeholder PAs for the new weapon types? It's not mentioned in the quote in the OP (which is more or less a direct quote from Agrajag himself with a few irrelevant things omitted and formatted slightly better), and no one is giving a source for this information at all, which leads me to believe that either this information was divulged on IRC/in private, or just plain doesn't exist and you guys are making stuff up (though I don't want to assume that just yet).

All Agrajag has said publicly on the other forum was that he discovered those two new weapon categories while datamining the pre-patch data (I even did a search to be sure; even Google only links to this thread where you guys keep mentioning it). That's it.

Was the information about PAs revealed on an IRC channel (I'm pretty sure those guys have one), or did someone else comment on this through other information channels, or what? That's what I'm trying to figure out because there's no known source for anyone having found anything related to the new weapons and PAs.

I'm not trying to start a "pics or it didn't happen"-type argument, don't get me wrong. I just want to know where you guys are getting this information about placeholder PAs from because no amount of Google-fu will get me the answer (unless you guys are just writing the placeholder name wrong, and that'd be silly). It's literally just this thread and nothing more.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Lostbob117
Feb 18, 2013, 12:38 AM
Hopefully, the Katana weapon class will bring something unique to the table and not just feel like the Sword weapon class with different animations and a new name tagged on.

That being said...
[SPOILER-BOX]

You see, this is the thing I'm having a problem with. What is the source of this particular information about data for placeholder PAs for the new weapon types? It's not mentioned in the quote in the OP (which is more or less a direct quote from Agrajag himself with a few irrelevant things omitted and formatted slightly better), and no one is giving a source for this information at all, which leads me to believe that either this information was divulged on IRC/in private, or just plain doesn't exist and you guys are making stuff up (though I don't want to assume that just yet).

All Agrajag has said publicly on the other forum was that he discovered those two new weapon categories while datamining the pre-patch data (I even did a search to be sure; even Google only links to this thread where you guys keep mentioning it). That's it.

Was the information about PAs revealed on an IRC channel (I'm pretty sure those guys have one), or did someone else comment on this through other information channels, or what? That's what I'm trying to figure out because there's no known source for anyone having found anything related to the new weapons and PAs.

I'm not trying to start a "pics or it didn't happen"-type argument, don't get me wrong. I just want to know where you guys are getting this information about placeholder PAs from because no amount of Google-fu will get me the answer (unless you guys are just writing the placeholder name wrong, and that'd be silly). It's literally just this thread and nothing more.[/SPOILER-BOX]

I talked to Agrajag about this on an IRC. About them being PAs, Qwerty is the one who said the pa name is "KatanaPA01" possibly joking or might be serious.

Maronji
Feb 18, 2013, 12:43 AM
I talked to Agrajag about this on an IRC. About them being PAs, Qwerty is the one who said the pa name is "KatanaPA01" possibly joking or might be serious.

Okay then, good to know. That explains the seeming lack of information. I can stop tearing my hair out trying to figure this out now.

Just wanted to know because I was all like "Placeholder PAs? *checks the other forum and finds nothing* Eh? Huh? Did I miss something?"

Ezodagrom
Feb 18, 2013, 12:53 AM
Qwerty is the one who said the pa name is "KatanaPA01" possibly joking or might be serious.
I doubt he was joking, back in the closed beta some PAs for unreleased weapons (that is, for fighter, gunner, techer weapons) were listed with somewhat similar placeholder names (like "Weapon04PA1").

Lostbob117
Feb 18, 2013, 01:04 AM
I doubt he was joking, back in the closed beta some PAs for unreleased weapons (that is, for fighter, gunner, techer weapons) were listed with somewhat similar placeholder names (like "Weapon04PA1").

Makes sense so I wondering what numbers these are.. maybe just called KatanaPA01 sense they might have stopped using numbers.

Rien
Feb 19, 2013, 05:06 AM
From the same forum where the info was released:

Compound Bow appears to have Weak Bullet, Panic Shot, and Bind Bullet (.../arrow). Katana's got a whole bunch of weird PA listings (PA5 alone has like 15 different effects, possibly gear-based?).

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 19, 2013, 05:14 AM
Interesting...O_o

Syklo
Feb 19, 2013, 05:19 AM
Panic shot and Bind bullet....?
A launcher AND rifle skill?

This could be verry intriguing.
But that katana is definitely catching my eye.

Ce'Nedra
Feb 19, 2013, 05:20 AM
From the same forum where the info was released:

Bows with weak bullet sounds nice...I always loved longbows in PSU /o/ Might even go mech/bow instead of mech/rifle haha.

UnLucky
Feb 19, 2013, 12:47 PM
Panic shot and Bind bullet....?
A launcher AND rifle skill?

This could be verry intriguing.
But that katana is definitely catching my eye.
Do people even use those? >_>

gigawuts
Feb 19, 2013, 01:57 PM
Could be for testing, but nice. Now we know what type of class it's for.

Vinel
Feb 19, 2013, 03:50 PM
Katanas might replace regular Saber Weapon class.
Im usually never going "bad thoughts", i do prefer to be positive. But this smells to me a lot more like "LOLOLOL NO NEW CLASS OR INSTA-ACCESSIBLE NEW WEAPTYPES FOR YA DUDES; RARE WEAPON CLASS!!!!! MUCH BETTAAAAAAR" with love: SEGA

Shadowth117
Feb 19, 2013, 04:13 PM
Katanas might replace regular Saber Weapon class.
Im usually never going "bad thoughts", i do prefer to be positive. But this smells to me a lot more like "LOLOLOL NO NEW CLASS OR INSTA-ACCESSIBLE NEW WEAPTYPES FOR YA DUDES; RARE WEAPON CLASS!!!!! MUCH BETTAAAAAAR" with love: SEGA

What's wrong with a rare weapon class? I think that would be pretty neat and it would hold true to the original PSO games to be honest.

gigawuts
Feb 19, 2013, 04:34 PM
What's wrong with a rare weapon class? I think that would be pretty neat and it would hold true to the original PSO games to be honest.

Considering how rare things are in this game?

Uh...

Imagine if elysion was the only wand in the game, and wands were as good or better than rods. That's more or less what you're saying you want for katanas.

Don't get me wrong, I liked PSO1's implementation of rare weapon classes. But...this game's rare system...oh god.

Lostbob117
Feb 19, 2013, 08:24 PM
Could be for testing, but nice. Now we know what type of class it's for.

We always knew what a bow was for.

Tajima Hirago
Feb 19, 2013, 08:59 PM
*Long whistle*

[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/25n7E[/SPOILER-BOX]

Now if only you could let us use the blades, Sega.

gigawuts
Feb 19, 2013, 09:33 PM
We always knew what a bow was for.

No, you leapt to a conclusion based on inconclusive evidence, as usual.

Lostbob117
Feb 19, 2013, 09:59 PM
No, you leapt to a conclusion based on inconclusive evidence, as usual.

It was enough evidence to say "Hey that's totally for ranger/gunner". Since you know forces/techers don't use pa's.

Laxedrane
Feb 19, 2013, 10:11 PM
Considering how rare things are in this game?

Uh...

Imagine if elysion was the only wand in the game, and wands were as good or better than rods. That's more or less what you're saying you want for katanas.

Don't get me wrong, I liked PSO1's implementation of rare weapon classes. But...this game's rare system...oh god.

Why would you use the second hardest to get weapon set in the game as an example? Using PSO as a guide all "rare only" weapon classes had at least one piss easy to find weapon for them.(Mahu, Double saber, Twin Saber etc)

How many of those green gunlashes or Talis legacy do you find in this game? How often do you get rare armor dumped into your inventory from codes? I've yet to be on the field for more then an hour in very hard without getting some kind of "rare."

If that the chance of getting the entry level bow or Katana I don't see the issue at all. They'll all be in affordable ranges within a week and be at 1050 in a month. Obviously I expect 10*+ to be as rare as other 10*s.

As far as them being automatically as good... Wouldn't you want them to be competitive?

gigawuts
Feb 19, 2013, 10:17 PM
It was enough evidence to say "Hey that's totally for ranger/gunner". Since you know forces/techers don't use pa's.

Non-melee weapons didn't have gears. Mechguns and wands have gears. Mechguns and wands are now automatically to be assumed to be melee class weapons and that cannot change.

Techer is a tech class. It is to be assumed that it uses t-def and that cannot change.

How things are is not how things will continue to be. Especially not when, as I've already said but you apparently didn't see it, players have been clamoring for wands to get PA's.

Thing is, I already had this conversation in team chat before you signed on a few hours later to announce the new weapon classes, so this is kind of redundant and I-told-you-so stance you're arguing to someone who said what you've said, before you said it, to people you said it to, except without refusing to consider possible alternatives, is pretty moot.

Why would you use the second hardest to get weapon set in the game as an example? Using PSO as a guide all "rare only" weapon classes had at least one piss easy to find weapon for them.(Mahu, Double saber, Twin Saber etc)

How many of those green gunlashes or Talis legacy do you find in this game? How often do you get rare armor dumped into your inventory from codes? I've yet to be on the field for more then an hour in very hard without getting some kind of "rare."

If that the chance of getting the entry level bow or Katana I don't see the issue at all. They'll all be in affordable ranges within a week and be at 1050 in a month. Obviously I expect 10*+ to be as rare as other 10*s.

As far as them being automatically as good... Wouldn't you want them to be competitive?
I compare them because look at the rest of the game. We finally get weapons with latents that aren't 5% just attack damage or 11% chain finish damage, and they were items that dropped all of a dozen to two dozen times a week between all those falz runs.

Seriously.

The last damn thing anyone should ever do is say "Oh it wouldn't be that bad." Like hell it wouldn't. The last ten times this forum said "Oh it wouldn't be that bad" and I said it would be, it was that bad and worse.

Laxedrane
Feb 19, 2013, 10:29 PM
I compare them because look at the rest of the game. We finally get weapons with latents that aren't 5% just attack damage or 11% chain finish damage, and they were items that dropped all of a dozen to two dozen times a week between all those falz runs.

Seriously.

The last damn thing anyone should ever do is say "Oh it wouldn't be that bad." Like hell it wouldn't. The last ten times this forum said "Oh it wouldn't be that bad" and I said it would be, it was that bad and worse.

Eh, maybe I have just a Rosier outlook on things in the game. I just did advance quests for the first time today and I don't think they were as bad as you were saying when they were first announced. But I really don't want to derail the thread on that opinion alone.

I understood the point you were trying to make just how you got there left a bad taste in my mouth. Seemed a bit of a stretch for your start off point, ah well.:-?

Also to mister bob about pas I just have one word for you about forces and techers. Gunlash.

gigawuts
Feb 19, 2013, 10:36 PM
True, AQ's came out pretty nicely, although my concerns were based on things they fortunately changed (there being only one kind of buyable capsule in a screenshot).

Hey, I'm happy to be wrong about that sort of thing, I'm just very familiar with people getting used to things being irritating and the company taking that as a sign to worsen things to squeeze players for more money. This doesn't just apply to games, either, this is pretty much the business world in a nutshell.

CelestialBlade
Feb 19, 2013, 10:53 PM
So, hmm, I wonder what purpose Katanas will fill for melee...something like a faster-but-weaker Sword? A pure S-ATK Gunslash? With seemingly tons of options to them, perhaps they'll be used in some sort of deep combo system, which would admittedly be really cool. I look forward to seeing more of them, and I'm hoping they're versatile because melee could use a little spicing up compared to the other classes now.

Blackheart521
Feb 19, 2013, 11:08 PM
So, hmm, I wonder what purpose Katanas will fill for melee...something like a faster-but-weaker Sword? A pure S-ATK Gunslash? With seemingly tons of options to them, perhaps they'll be used in some sort of deep combo system, which would admittedly be really cool. I look forward to seeing more of them, and I'm hoping they're versatile because melee could use a little spicing up compared to the other classes now.

Katanas using their sheathes in attacks as well would be kinda cool ^^;

CelestialBlade
Feb 19, 2013, 11:10 PM
Katanas using their sheathes in attacks as well would be kinda cool ^^;
Would be neat to see some Samurai techniques like lacing the inside of the sheath with a burning powder (Foie dust? :lol:) and spraying it on your enemies when unsheathing. There's a lot of potential for some cool stuff here, pretty eager to see what they do with it. Because this game needs something new, bad.

Enforcer MKV
Feb 19, 2013, 11:15 PM
Katanas better turn us into Hitokiri Battōsai.

I mean it, Sega.

gigawuts
Feb 19, 2013, 11:34 PM
Would be neat to see some Samurai techniques like lacing the inside of the sheath with a burning powder (Foie dust? :lol:) and spraying it on your enemies when unsheathing. There's a lot of potential for some cool stuff here, pretty eager to see what they do with it. Because this game needs something new, bad.

Maybe that's exactly what it is. As it stands, only hunters can't apply an SE at will regardless of what's on their weapons, like forces who can choose their element or rangers who can

I've wanted katanas to be like slide end meets slash rave, if slash rave didn't need to grab and it let you actually move around. Something fast and agile with short PA's and nice ranges. You know, fists but good with range.

Stuff like element powder would be awesome to the max.

Tajima Hirago
Feb 19, 2013, 11:42 PM
Probably old but...

[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/25rl4[/SPOILER-BOX]

Possible arm blade weapon type or no?

Dongra
Feb 19, 2013, 11:43 PM
I'm picturing katanas as the twin sword weapons from PSO where you have one in each hand. Especially when I think back to Sange and Yasha.

Blackheart521
Feb 19, 2013, 11:44 PM
I'm picturing katanas as the twin sword weapons from PSO where you have one in each hand. Especially when I think back to Sange and Yasha.

If ends up being true, I might finally be able to get Yamato again ^^

Zenobia
Feb 19, 2013, 11:45 PM
Probably old but...

SEGA WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

Back on topic Taji i wanna say yes so bad but my mind tells me she is just striking a "Imma badazz" Pose Q.Q.

Tajima Hirago
Feb 19, 2013, 11:49 PM
SEGA WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

Back on topic Taji i wanna say yes so bad but my mind tells me she is just striking a "Imma badazz" Pose Q.Q.

;_; I see. Maybe you're right.

Noblewine
Feb 19, 2013, 11:51 PM
Its nice to see another type of sword added but what's a compound bow?

Ezodagrom
Feb 19, 2013, 11:52 PM
Its nice to see another type of sword added but what's a compound bow?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compound_bow

Laxedrane
Feb 20, 2013, 12:22 AM
Probably old but...

In PSU Arm blades were a style of dagger used a lot late in it's life. So it could be one of those too.

I am all for new weapon classes though.

Black Howling
Feb 20, 2013, 12:41 AM
Katanas need two modes. A drawing mode, where the blade is sheathed after attacks; and a free mode, where the blade is always at the ready.

Draw Mode: Slower but more powerful attacks

Free Mode: Speedier but slightly weaker attacks

Each mode having their own set of PAs might be asking too much, though.

Cyclon
Feb 20, 2013, 12:52 AM
Katanas need two modes. A drawing mode, where the blade is sheathed after attacks; and a free mode, where the blade is always at the ready.

Draw Mode: Slower but more powerful attacks

Free Mode: Speedier but slightly weaker attacks

Each mode having their own set of PAs might be asking too much, though.
Katanas mainly need to be katanas, which is fortunate now wouldn't you say.

Shealth, no shealth, Sephiroth(blergh), Battosai, in the end it doesn't matter.

...please, no Sephiroth though.

I'm curious about bows, but... it already felt kind of out of place in PSU, now it's apparently a weapon for rangers? I just don't know about this...

gigawuts
Feb 20, 2013, 12:52 AM
Fuck that, just swing it around with the sheathe still on for the more powerful mode, and then make every sheathe a giant brick like Regias has on his sword. That'd be hysterical.

Blundy
Feb 20, 2013, 01:09 AM
bows have pa's eh? here's hoping for exploding rambo arrows.

Syklo
Feb 20, 2013, 01:21 AM
Probably old but...

Judging from that cutscene snapshot, it's either a unit or part of the costume itself.

either way, DO WANT!

Goukezitsu
Feb 20, 2013, 01:24 AM
I wonder if the bow is actually a regular bow or a cross bow. There's compound crossbows too and i mean you don't have to necessarily type in detail variable names when you code as long as its descriptive enough to get the point. Plus it kind of makes sense since its saying it has all these different types of bullets. Crossbow in PSU was known for a lot of status ailments (regular bow had them too though but the xbow was used specifically for that) It would also have less over lap it would be a quicker mini shogun vs another long range wep unless its just a strong slow hitting sniping class kinda like the launcher form of an assault rifle? I dunno.

I hope katanas are single point boss killers for Hunters moving very quick and good at CHASING while rewarding consistent attacks with a faster building gear OR a bit slower slugging out a lot of damage, infecting enemies with crazy status ailments, and good defensive options.

I wouldn't mind it being a rare weapon class though. Maybe that's why weapons like yassy 7000V haven't shown up because they are rare weapon classes? Would be kinda lame to see a 7kV doing one point or shooting like an assault rifle lol It wouldn't make much sense.

Lastly, why do people think these new items types are coming months from now. The new roadmap has new item category set for late march and that's only 1 month away. Unless I'm completely misunderstanding what that means (which please do correct me if I am), It's more likely it IS them since you are seeing them now vs ones you haven't seen yet.

Black Howling
Feb 20, 2013, 01:39 AM

That's the point. It's one of the basic elements of katanas - draw styles and such. I'd like to see something with a bit more flare than another plain 'tap tap tap' weapon. I wants mah 'tap tap tap#1' and 'tap tap tap#2'!

And hell yeah, Giga! I'd throw style out the window in a heartbeat for the sake of bashing enemies upside the head with a series of needlessly massive ban hamma sheaths.

Renvalt
Feb 20, 2013, 02:01 AM

Shealth, no shealth, Sephiroth(blergh), Battosai, in the end it doesn't matter.

...please, no Sephiroth though.

I'm curious about bows, but... it already felt kind of out of place in PSU, now it's apparently a weapon for rangers? I just don't know about this...

First off, lemme say this: There are idiots in any community. If it exists, someone will try it. No if, and, or buts about it. Someone will pull a Sephiroth. So I suggest you sharpen that tool you use for hunting down the foolish noob who tries it. Because I too would like to see his net guts spilled

Secondly, the way Seph used his sword could hardly even be called legit use of the katana. He wielded it more like a greatsword than an actual katana (when he wasn't whining for his mommy).

And finally, I'm actually expecting something akin to maybe DMC3's Vergil katana use, or perhaps Baiken/Kenshin Himura style.

Something like a JA-based counter attack style. Unsheathed when being used, but sheathed when walking normally. Y'know, like normal Samurai used them.

Because for the fucking last time, I don't need another excuse to breed more Kurosaki/Byakuya/insert-random-Samurai-wannabe-knockoff-here to infect the land of MMO games. But that's a false hope - they'll always exist until someone purges them all from the real world (and that person sure as hell ain't me).

Cyclon
Feb 20, 2013, 02:33 AM
First off, lemme say this: There are idiots in any community. If it exists, someone will try it. No if, and, or buts about it. Someone will pull a Sephiroth. So I suggest you sharpen that tool you use for hunting down the foolish noob who tries it. Because I too would like to see his net guts spilled

Secondly, the way Seph used his sword could hardly even be called legit use of the katana. He wielded it more like a greatsword than an actual katana (when he wasn't whining for his mommy).

And finally, I'm actually expecting something akin to maybe DMC3's Vergil katana use, or perhaps Baiken/Kenshin Himura style.

Something like a JA-based counter attack style. Unsheathed when being used, but sheathed when walking normally. Y'know, like normal Samurai used them.

Because for the fucking last time, I don't need another excuse to breed more Kurosaki/Byakuya/insert-random-Samurai-wannabe-knockoff-here to infect the land of MMO games. But that's a false hope - they'll always exist until someone purges them all from the real world (and that person sure as hell ain't me).
Please accept my apologizes, because I'm going to betray you(and myself) there:)
People have the right to like Sephiroth really, or Bleach, or whatever. I won't kill them or call them "idiots" for that.

What's for sure though is that if we're getting a Sephiroth-style katana(gameplay wise), well... I may not even touch this weapon, ever, and vomit each time I see it in another people's hands. But that's my problem I guess, and I seriously doubt it'll happen anyway. Otherwise, people making Sephiroth knockoffs? Yes, it will happen. I don't care. What matters is the weapon itself.

Blackheart521
Feb 20, 2013, 02:34 AM
Sephiroth

Tsumikiri J-Sword ^^;

Cyclon
Feb 20, 2013, 02:40 AM
Tsumikiri J-Sword ^^;
Weapon looks don't matter. Weapon gameplay does.

Blackheart521
Feb 20, 2013, 02:45 AM
Looks don't matter. Gameplay does.

I know, I just always associated that weapon with Sephiroth.

Zenobia
Feb 20, 2013, 02:46 AM
Looks don't matter. Gameplay does.

The gameplay is alrdy there its the weapon in itself that matters hence wep atk animations and PA atks let's just see what sega cooks up on the katana stuff.

Rien
Feb 20, 2013, 02:49 AM
We're in japan, not the west.

We should not be getting some sephiroth/wrong use bullshit.

Iaido pls.

Drifting Fable
Katana Wishlist:

-Katanas need to be fast, super sonic even. I want to be a blur on the battlefield. Of course Katanas won't deal much damage per hit much like the mech guns of past PSO games, but the pure speed of the blade should be able to offset this weakness. Bottom line, I want to be as mobile as possible and cut people up as fast as possible. Make it happen, Sega.

-So Hunter was focused around blocking enemy attacks and Fighter was focused on avoiding them entirely. So I believe both the katana and its class need to follow the philosophy the a game like say MGR:Revengence follows. A good defense meaning a strong offense. So this could be implemented by having a counter/parry system for our shift action. I can't really elaborate on how it would work out due to my current fatigue, but I'd basically like to see something different than a guard action or a dodge action.

-Iaido. Iaido. Iaido! DMC Vergil's preferred weapon style essentially. The two handed style is already being represented by swords(the huge Akatsuki katana and its oversized sheath is on the way for swords), the one handed style is being repented by gunslashes(which is bound to get a japanese sword eventually unless one handed sabers will be introduced), the twin blade(which have about 4 different katanas or wakizashi including the future Twin Kamui). Iaido is one of the few recognizable styles associated with the katana in media and currently has zero presence in this game. Using Iaido as a focus in the animation frames would most certainly help katanas stand apart from the others as a weapon class unlike what it has been in the past.

-Hunters and Fighters usually have this issue with trying to close the distance before the forces and the rangers annihilate everything from a safe distance. We all know how much sword beam whore the katana is So give the katana some more range beyond its blade. You wouldn't be able to rival a ranger or a gunner in a fire power battle, but the added vacuum cut could be of help to enter the fray much faster than the other melee classes. Perhaps this could be implemented as its weapon gear.

-I'm also intrigued with the concept of merging Katanas and Slicers together much like how claws and whips formed the Wired lances. I mean both weapons are depicted as blade wave spamming multihitters, so why not? The ol boomerang blade could always return as an aesthetic in future weapon updates with katana animation frames much like how the Akatsuki uses sword animation frames. It would help the weapon class from being an long list of thin curved blades.

I definitely won't get all of this, but just seeing one item of this list represented in game will make me giddy. :wacko:

Cyclon
The gameplay is alrdy there its the weapon in itself that matters hence wep atk animations and PA atks let's just see what sega cooks up on the katana stuff.
Edit is due I guess. But yeah, I was reffering to weapon gameplay, so more or less the same thing as what you just said.

Edit:
I know, I just always associated that weapon with Sephiroth.
You could say samurai deeper Kyo too:o Does anybody even know that...?

Rien
Feb 20, 2013, 02:56 AM
Edit:

*raises hand*

Zenobia
Feb 20, 2013, 02:58 AM
Edit is due I guess. But yeah, I was reffering to weapon gameplay, so more or less the same thing as what you just said.

Edit:

"Did you hear it...the voice of the wind"

Anything else anyone X3?

MetalDude
Feb 20, 2013, 03:04 AM
I don't know why Knuckles weren't based more off of KENSHIRO FIST OF THE NORTH STAR!

Drifting Fable
Feb 20, 2013, 03:09 AM
I don't know why Knuckles weren't based more off of KENSHIRO FIST OF THE NORTH STAR!

Well we've got the main ATATATATA as Flash Thousand, right?

Though I'm all for more rapid PAs for Knuckles.

Rien
Feb 20, 2013, 03:10 AM

Because they were based off boxing.

The only thing that's close enough is Flash Thousand aka Hokuto Hakuretsu Ken (北斗八烈拳)

MetalDude
Feb 20, 2013, 03:16 AM
Needs more "You're already dead" NANI?!

Kilich
Feb 20, 2013, 03:50 AM
I kinda want Katana PAs to be modifiers that change the normal attacks, and change depending on what PA you used before it.
For example.
Dragon PA
Gives fire by itself and turns your attack into a powerful slash. Becomes a lightning element diveslash after using a PA that launches target in the air. Becomes a dash after you use a Mantis PA that turns your attack into a ranged wind slash.

Complicated, but can actually lead to Custom Combo being important.

Syklo
Feb 20, 2013, 04:02 AM
Katana Wishlist:

-So Hunter was focused around blocking enemy attacks and Fighter was focused on avoiding them entirely. So I believe both the katana and its class need to follow the philosophy the a game like say MGR:Revengence follows. A good defense meaning a strong offense. So this could be implemented by having a counter/parry system for our shift action. I can't really elaborate on how it would work out due to my current fatigue, but I'd basically like to see something different than a guard action or a dodge action.

FI's twin daggers already have that parry feature, along with very few DS attacks.
Want a different weapon action? Swift Step - either just a sprint-style trigger or a double/triple, very fast (as in, REALLY FAST) version of hunter step.
Or make it a split-second Counter stance, which may or may not work with ranged/technic based attacks and when successfully triggers, brings you up to the enemy's fac-SLICED.

-Hunters and Fighters usually have this issue with trying to close the distance before the forces and the rangers annihilate everything from a safe distance. We all know how much sword beam whore the katana is So give the katana some more range beyond its blade. You wouldn't be able to rival a ranger or a gunner in a fire power battle, but the added vacuum cut could be of help to enter the fray much faster than the other melee classes. Perhaps this could be implemented as its weapon gear.
I reckon the katana should focus on agility/movement (and/or attack) speed rather than range beyond the weapon itself. Feel free to call me weird here, but I reckon the gear should actually deal additional hits per hit, e.g. gear 3 would mean 1 attack, when hit, will do the main hit's damage, then a bonus hit with 50% less power (not based off the original hit) and another bonus hit with 25% the power of the first bonus (but recalculated); a triple hit of sorts.

-I'm also intrigued with the concept of merging Katanas and Slicers together much like how claws and whips formed the Wired lances. I mean both weapons are depicted as blade wave spamming multihitters, so why not? The ol boomerang blade could always return as an aesthetic in future weapon updates with katana animation frames much like how the Akatsuki uses sword animation frames. It would help the weapon class from being an long list of thin curved blades.
ooh, dunno about this one, but looks intriguing if it will happen.

I definitely won't get all of this, but just seeing one item of this list represented in game will make me giddy. :wacko:

My wishlist:
have a PA schematic similar to twin daggers in terms of not having any PA's left out because another made them redundant.

Rien
Feb 20, 2013, 05:56 AM
My wishlist:
have a PA schematic similar to twin daggers in terms of not having any PA's left out because another made them redundant.

But Orchestra almost made Wild Rhapsody redundant

The only reason you'd use Wild Rhapsody is either 1) Nostalgia or 2) less PP cost

Dycize
Feb 20, 2013, 06:09 AM
My personal theory on katanas is that they'll have a wand-like gear effect.

I mean, if the datamined info has 15 different effects on a PA, it could be low gear + element effect and high gear + element effect (we have fire, ice, lightning, wind, dark and light, that's 6 elements, which would make for 12 variations, include neutral "element" and we go up to 14, add gear-less and we got 15).
As such I'd expect PAs to have elemental effects based on weapon element, which would be amazing.
It would make katanas the definite weapon where element matters, even more than wands.
And plus, it would probably look awesome (picture a typical "breakthrough" attack : the character charges forward with a single slash, then elemental slashes burst behind the character, leading to damage and cool sheathing with a clicking sound and oh god it better be iaido).

Opy
Feb 20, 2013, 06:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-oCG_KAYMM

hey, i know those guys. do they still play?

Darki
Feb 20, 2013, 07:19 AM

They should have kept some PSU PAs. I loved all of them, but particulary Bogga Danga's last combo. I liked that kickboxing style much more.

Noblewine
Feb 20, 2013, 10:58 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compound_bow

Ah its like a longboy. I see. Thanks.

pikachief
Feb 21, 2013, 02:33 AM
Bows!! Gah, bows on top of being able to change the sensitivity on double-tap dodging (yes that's a big deal to me) may be enough to bring me back D:

Now if they added SHOTGUNS then I would definitely come back.

Daiyousei
Feb 21, 2013, 09:59 AM
Needs more "You're already dead" NANI?!

fun if you end up lagging a bit as I have lately after this update, flash thousand, and then stuff dying a couple seconds later.

Alia
Feb 21, 2013, 10:14 AM
Is that outfit that's 20 down, and 4 in from the left Undies only!?

jerrykun
Mar 12, 2013, 04:38 PM
Are we going to get any of these new weapons on today's patch?

The Walrus
Mar 12, 2013, 04:46 PM
It's gonna be a long time before we see new weapons types added

jerrykun
Mar 12, 2013, 09:10 PM
It's gonna be a long time before we see new weapons types added

Talking about spellstone shop (dun care about bow and katana).

gigawuts
Mar 12, 2013, 09:11 PM
The last pyrox weapons were reskins, and the next ones probably are too.

HiOc
Mar 12, 2013, 09:30 PM
No Greataxe

...okay. :(