PDA

View Full Version : What does Zondeel do?

IHAFUF
Feb 17, 2013, 02:33 AM
I know it pulls mobs in when a lightning attack is cast inside it, but I see people using this in Falz also, does it do anything else?

UnLucky
Feb 17, 2013, 02:38 AM
It does damage if activated. If no other damaging bolt tech triggers it, it will pull mobs in harmlessly

Zyrusticae
Feb 17, 2013, 02:52 AM
Like all lightning techniques, Zondeel has a chance to apply shock (the status effect) on hit.

Zondeel and Sazonde are both special in that they tick multiple times, as they are damage-over-time (DoT) techniques. This means they have a higher chance of applying shock to a target in a single cast.

terrell707
Feb 17, 2013, 10:41 AM
I know it pulls mobs in when a lightning attack is cast inside it, but I see people using this in Falz also, does it do anything else?

To add to what UnLucky said, any other lightning attack will activate Zondeel (just like Sazonde) so that it starts doing damage over time BUT it will then lose its attracting effect so that enemies can just walk out. Zondeel is VERY useful for crowd control. It can be used on Code: Capture to hold the smaller bosses in the ring, it can be used to keep all the Fangulfs, Spardas, and other fodder that like to surround your team and attack in one place, you can also use it on F.Contient to pull enemies close to the lightning rods and then activate it and watch all the enemies fry to death in your lightning.
Also one more thing, an activated Zondeel will activate another Zondeel. So you can keep casting it over and over and they will keep stacking on top of one another.

Laxedrane
Feb 17, 2013, 01:01 PM
To add to what UnLucky said, any other lightning attack will activate Zondeel (just like Sazonde) so that it starts doing damage over time BUT it will then lose its attracting effect so that enemies can just walk out. Zondeel is VERY useful for crowd control. It can be used on Code: Capture to hold the smaller bosses in the ring, it can be used to keep all the Fangulfs, Spardas, and other fodder that like to surround your team and attack in one place, you can also use it on F.Contient to pull enemies close to the lightning rods and then activate it and watch all the enemies fry to death in your lightning.
Also one more thing, an activated Zondeel will activate another Zondeel. So you can keep casting it over and over and they will keep stacking on top of one another.

I use it on hunter to pull all the mobs in and start smacking it with my weapon of the moment whatever that may be.(very useful for swords and partisans)

EvilMag
Feb 17, 2013, 01:17 PM
It let's you play god.

Nikoshae
Feb 18, 2013, 09:38 AM
I use it on hunter to pull all the mobs in and start smacking it with my weapon of the moment whatever that may be.(very useful for swords and partisans)

I never thought of that :)

Hrith
Feb 18, 2013, 11:00 AM
It annoys other players. Greatly.

The Walrus
Feb 18, 2013, 11:16 AM
Nothin like trolling your teammates during minibosses with unsparked Zondeel spam

Laxedrane
Feb 18, 2013, 11:43 AM
It annoys other players. Greatly.

I understand that on mini bosses but I don't see the issue on smaller mobs when your pinning down 5-10 mobs at once so everyone can wail on em. I usually do it on when there not a lot of people on the field anyways since when your in a group bigger then 6, shit dies to quickly for it to viable.

IKnowsTJ
Feb 18, 2013, 12:51 PM
Zondeel makes just about anything great. I had my doubts when I first got this tech, but now I don't know how I managed before without it. My three favorite PAs or Techs to use after a well placed Zondeel are: Quake Howling (stun fun), Satellite Aim (aerial of course), and who does not love a good Zondeel + Zonde.

Massamix3.0
Feb 18, 2013, 12:54 PM
Cast Razonde inside of a Zondeel for INDIGNATION!

Hrith
Feb 18, 2013, 01:55 PM
I understand that on mini bosses but I don't see the issue on smaller mobs when your pinning down 5-10 mobs at once so everyone can wail on em. I usually do it on when there not a lot of people on the field anyways since when your in a group bigger then 6, shit dies to quickly for it to viable.Missing the point.

It annoys other players. How fast things die is irrelevant. Because of Zondeel users, I often end up attacking air, great contribution to the team damage, there.
Not to mention Zondeel itself is very poor damage.

Don't get me started on the retarded nubs who leave Zondeel on their AI subpalette.

Alenoir
Feb 18, 2013, 02:01 PM
Zondeel is annoying when done by a bot.

When done by a human it's a lot less headache. (There are OTHER attacks/PAs that's more annoying than Zondeel in terms of enemy placement.)

UnLucky
Feb 18, 2013, 02:46 PM
Wirelance HU/TE Zondeel spam gogogogogogogo

Alisha
Feb 18, 2013, 02:51 PM
the only time sparked zondeel annoys me is during PSE burst since it strains my eyes.

The Walrus
Feb 18, 2013, 04:10 PM
WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE THINGS LIVE?

I thought not.

blace
Feb 18, 2013, 04:12 PM
I personally prefer blinding Fighters that use daggers on Falz arms.

gigawuts
Feb 18, 2013, 05:02 PM
Missing the point.

It annoys other players. How fast things die is irrelevant. Because of Zondeel users, I often end up attacking air, great contribution to the team damage, there.
Not to mention Zondeel itself is very poor damage.

Don't get me started on the retarded nubs who leave Zondeel on their AI subpalette.

what

lol

what

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 18, 2013, 09:36 PM
I'm almost to the point of ignoring him completely.

"Zondeel does very poor damage. Things die so fast I don't get to contribute. That tech sucks"

Yeah no inconsistencies or contradictions there.

Not to mention that's quite an endorsement. "kills things so fast the melees are even more useless"

Seravi Edalborez
Feb 18, 2013, 09:39 PM
Circa 2 months ago:

Zondeel makes everyone love you. It's also an amazing spell if your main class is hunter or fighter.

Laxedrane
Feb 18, 2013, 10:15 PM
I am glad you guys said something cause I was getting rather confused. Haha.

Redboigoi
Feb 18, 2013, 10:19 PM
Zondeel is annoying when done by a bot.

When done by a human it's a lot less headache. (There are OTHER attacks/PAs that's more annoying than Zondeel in terms of enemy placement.)

You have no idea what you're talking about to the point you look stupid. It's great overtime damage and even better if someone went the lighting route. PLUS it can knock shit down fast and stun so Meele can hit...

Example, faltz...

Alisha
Feb 18, 2013, 10:44 PM
except idiots waste stuns on falz...

The Walrus
Feb 18, 2013, 11:44 PM
Idiots do that without using Zondeel anyway

blace
Feb 19, 2013, 12:04 AM
Or just about anyone that is subbing Force wanting to get that extra hit on Falz when he's out of their swords reach.

Alenoir
Feb 19, 2013, 01:06 AM
You have no idea what you're talking about to the point you look stupid. It's great overtime damage and even better if someone went the lighting route. PLUS it can knock shit down fast and stun so Meele can hit...

Example, faltz...

Have you... actually played as like, say, a ranger, and bring around bots that does Zondeel all the time? Grabbing things in front of you to the side? So you end up attacking blank and have to reposition so they are in your PA's range again?

Note that my post that you quoted was generally complaining about enemy placement being messed up (which friend partners DOES messes you up with it), not about the usefulness of Zondeel.

Maronji
Feb 19, 2013, 01:35 AM
Note that my post that you quoted was generally complaining about enemy placement being messed up (which friend partners DOES messes you up with it), not about the usefulness of Zondeel.

I'd just prefer to assume he quoted the wrong post. It happens. Not incredibly often, sure, but it happens.

darthvader
Feb 19, 2013, 01:44 AM
Have you... actually played as like, say, a ranger, and bring around bots that does Zondeel all the time? Grabbing things in front of you to the side? So you end up attacking blank and have to reposition so they are in your PA's range again?

i saw one jp guy banned zondeel in his mizer runs party lol

simply cuz, "oh i go wb sneak shot em weak spot" and few mins later my friend's zondeel dragged those unmoving mizers out of sneak shot and he was like "if you have the need to use zondeel then please join another pt" lolol

Coatl
Feb 19, 2013, 11:48 AM
STOP USING ZONDEEL ON MIZER ARGE.
Besides that, keep using it. I love you more every time for it. :I

Opy
Feb 19, 2013, 04:23 PM
As a hunter, i have been annoying people the same way with wire lances for a lot longer.

funny aside, I actually like when my team mates use zondeel. Esp in on large mobs in advanced quests.

Chaos Emperor
Feb 19, 2013, 06:29 PM
I use Zondeel all the time in groups of mobs, it is so awesome during the chocolate event and getting a PSE Burst.

Since most of the mobs are weak against light, I will pull in everything in range of it that can be pulled. Drop Gigrants, and then profit from the mass spam of numbers.

Zondeel is by far my favorite ability, if you just activate it it pulls the mobs in for a short time where if you charge it, it will hold them longer.