PDA

View Full Version : Update when trying to start game

Blackheart521
Feb 18, 2013, 02:25 AM
I just tried to go on PSO2 and got prompted to do the precede-patcher for the 3rd part of the pre-patch and I said no because I didn't want to wait through it and wanted to play right now, but then I tried to start the game up and it started checking files and then afterwards patching like when a normal patch is implemented, I thought the precede download was optional... anybody else getting a normal patch occur when they try starting the game? ^^;

Zorafim
Feb 18, 2013, 02:34 AM
Patches are never optional, in my experiences with online games. You're better off with the background patcher, since you can at least play while downloading with that.

blace
Feb 18, 2013, 02:39 AM
I just tried it, and I can ignore it, although the launcher takes abnormally long to load.

You are better off having the precede downloader in the background anyhow, it'll save time for the next update in a couple of days.

Maronji
Feb 18, 2013, 02:46 AM
anybody else getting a normal patch occur when they try starting the game? ^^;

You probably just have that intermittent issue where the launcher goes "Update... Update. Update! UPDATE!" and tries to patch no matter what you do.

Unfortunately, the only known solutions are to either deal with it until it sorts itself out (because I haven't heard of any definite fixes for the issue; it just comes and goes as it pleases) or you'll have to make a direct shortcut to pso2.exe and add -pso2 after the quotes in the Target box and use that until next patch day.

But yeah, like the others said, you can leave the precede launcher in the background and play. You don't even need to worry about it after you start it.

Blackheart521
Feb 18, 2013, 02:48 AM
Weird thing is, now that I said no to the precede it won't pop up anymore when I reopen the launcher, it just sticks me with the normal patcher and whenever it finishes checking the files it says downloading 0/X files for like 20 seconds and then says cannot download, i hope I didn't screw myself over :(

Edit: Just read your post maronji, I'll try it after one more update attempt

Requiem Aeternam
Feb 18, 2013, 05:04 AM
I downloaded the precede downloader last week after maintenance but when I started up the game at the weekend it seemed to want me to download another one or the same one again. Is this supposed to happen?

blace
Feb 18, 2013, 05:06 AM
It's been split into 3 parts, that's why it's there.

Requiem Aeternam
Feb 18, 2013, 05:09 AM
It's been split into 3 parts, that's why it's there.

I'm guessing it's huge because of the upcoming Vita release. Thanks a lot ^^ Glad to know there isn't problems with my game.