PDA

View Full Version : strange trend i'm noticing

Alisha
Feb 18, 2013, 04:50 PM
PSO 2 brings together 2 fanbases. those that played PSU and those that played PSPo2/Infinity. what i've noticed is that PSU players tend to talk little if at all during missions instead talking before/after and tending to chat more in the lobbies. wheras the PSP players seem much more likely to just talk about random crap during missions and probally never use the nearby chat channel outside of MPA's and thus arent talking in lobbies.

Macman
Feb 18, 2013, 04:52 PM
What about those who came from PSO(BB)?

NoiseHERO
Feb 18, 2013, 04:53 PM
There's a lot of things wrong with any community of sega fans! : D

I've given up analyzing it...

and yeah some played PSO and EVEN only played PSZ. But those guys usually seem either chill (or PSO wise most extreme) but yeah, either, or.

yoshiblue
Feb 18, 2013, 04:57 PM
The subcultures of PSO2. Would make for an interesting read.

jooozek
Feb 18, 2013, 04:57 PM
you forgot about the dress-up crowd xD xD xD

NoiseHERO
Feb 18, 2013, 05:02 PM
The dress up crowd, the psuedo elitist crowd, the naive casual crowd, the passive aggressive no-personality crowd, the weaboo crowd, the grown man that acts like a 12 year old crowd, the actual 12 year old crowd, the PSO purists crowd, the PSU purists crowd, the classic PS crowd, the new to PSO2 crowd.

Requiem Aeternam
Feb 18, 2013, 05:02 PM
The only PS games I've played are PSO (GC, non-plus) and PSZ (japanese version). TBH I only started playing PSO about 2 or 3 years ago when I saw a copy of it was going super cheap on Amazon. One of the best purchases I ever made ^^

blace
Feb 18, 2013, 05:04 PM
So I guess block 20 is the PSU crowd?

terrell707
Feb 18, 2013, 05:04 PM
Personally I'm not a fan of trying to stir up conversation in the middle of a mission. If someone in my group is talkative I will talk back, but when things start getting hectic I shut up. I usually don't mind talking though when we have to run to another group of enemies or something though. I played a lot of PSO (rarely online, mostly co-op offline), PSU, and PSP2/infinity. Make of that what you will.

Z-0
Feb 18, 2013, 05:05 PM
psu 4th floor crowd I guess

NoiseHERO
Feb 18, 2013, 05:06 PM
So I guess block 20 is the PSU crowd?

B20 is melting pot of all the crowds and cliques and contains the wannabe 4th floor(when 4th floor was whack to begin with)

Vintasticvin
Feb 18, 2013, 05:11 PM
If the party is chatty and I like them have fun getting to shut up other than that I'm quiet and speak when neccessary. Online wise I'm from the PSU PSZ generation and been playing since EP 1&2 as an offliner.

Zenobia
Feb 18, 2013, 05:31 PM
Wait is this trend rly a BIG problem cause none of it bothers me one bit.

I just hope some of us dun make dis out to be a petty thing of i like this crowd or this crowd or because your from this X version of this crowd dun come talking to us or this X version of this crowd.

Anyway i smell the bomb about to be dropped and this thread won't end well.

Vintasticvin
Feb 18, 2013, 05:40 PM
Wait is this trend rly a BIG problem cause none of it bothers me one bit.

I just hope some of us dun make dis out to be a petty thing of i like this crowd or this crowd or because your from this X version of this crowd dun come talking to us or this X version of this crowd.

Anyway i smell the bomb about to be dropped and this thread won't end well.

Yeah now that mention I too think its gonna very ugly in this thread.

Kingsemiazas
Feb 18, 2013, 05:40 PM
pso dremacst was the best fun Ive had, gamecube was awesome and xbox was the same with voice chat that was fun. People in pso2 dont seem to want to use any voice chat ever and that seems odd to me.

Alisha
Feb 18, 2013, 05:41 PM
i have no problem with either crowd it was just an observation.
my PSO gameology looks like this
PSO ver 1 dreamcast(online)
PSO ver 2 dreamcast(online)
PSO ep 1 and 2 gamecube(online)
PSU and AotI(offline)
PSZ to lvl 15 or so on an emulator(offline)
phantasy star portable 2 (online)
phantasy star portable 2 infinity(online)

UnLucky
Feb 18, 2013, 06:22 PM
I'll usually be typing in team chat or whispers making fun of all the idiots in the MPA

Syaorandc
Feb 18, 2013, 07:13 PM
The reasoning for this trend is probably because PSU360 players talked in the lobby like everyone else using text chat, but during missions/in parties, always used voice chat. (which, in my opinion, allows for faster and clearer communication than typing, USUALLY.)

That's more fact than opinion. Voice chat is always faster.

I consider myself from the PSO (Dreamcast) club. I talk in party during missions when it is safe to do so or before the mission. I rarely talk in the lobby chat(unless directly talked to) as I view it as just nonsense spam.

supersonix9
Feb 18, 2013, 07:17 PM
I've noticed a trend that English communities are

Feign
Feb 18, 2013, 07:28 PM
The dress up crowd, the psuedo elitist crowd, the naive casual crowd, the passive aggressive no-personality crowd, the weaboo crowd, the grown man that acts like a 12 year old crowd, the actual 12 year old crowd, the PSO purists crowd, the PSU purists crowd, the classic PS crowd, the new to PSO2 crowd.

...the all of the above crowd...

MetalDude
Feb 18, 2013, 08:09 PM
I noticed that english players tend to speak english.

raiden55
Feb 18, 2013, 08:20 PM
Make me remember 10 years ago, on PSO dreamcast, when I was playing a sexy girl like all the others teenagers, while I saw that most men on there mid 20's were playing lol-shota.
Now that I am on my late 20's, I don't play a sexy girl anymore, and the explanation is easy ; you can play sexy girls on any game, but only on PSO can you play a robot or a loli/shota. Maybe those guys long ago were not more serious, but simply bored.

Retehi
Feb 18, 2013, 08:23 PM
The crowd that hates the game, but still plays.

supersonix9
Feb 18, 2013, 08:31 PM
I noticed that english players tend to speak english.

/end thread

HiOc
Feb 18, 2013, 09:29 PM
Haven't really noticed any groups our cliques, besides the B20 "lol so random XD XD XD" teens.

Redboigoi
Feb 18, 2013, 09:42 PM
Lol, what.

Jungo Torii
Feb 18, 2013, 09:46 PM
I'm in the uh..."new to PS series" crowd here, I guess.

...I honestly couldn't play this game if it weren't free-to-play, so I feel like I get targeted sometimes for this game's problems...

Cyclon
Feb 18, 2013, 10:36 PM
I'm in the uh..."new to PS series" crowd here, I guess.

...I honestly couldn't play this game if it weren't free-to-play, so I feel like I get targeted sometimes for this game's problems...
Look at what you've done, people.
Don't worry. Nobody hates you. People here only hate Sega. And since Sega doesn't read this forum, everything's okay.

I didn't notice any "trend". Then again, I don't speak to other people.

Noblewine
Feb 19, 2013, 12:05 AM
I surprised you forgot to meantion the trent of using pso2 as a dating service.

blace
Feb 19, 2013, 12:13 AM

I don't recall ever seeing stuff like that. Then again, I play solo most times.

yoshiblue
Feb 19, 2013, 12:35 AM
PSP2 had it bad during the demo. Eharmony rooms everywhere. Men not allowed.

Vintasticvin
Feb 19, 2013, 12:54 AM

Whaaaaaao when did I miss this era of the gae?

Cyron Tanryoku
Feb 19, 2013, 12:55 AM
I don't know trends, I'm just a person AIDA forced to play

And then ditched me for months

Syklo
Feb 19, 2013, 01:36 AM
There's a lot of things wrong with any community of sega fans! : D

I've given up analyzing it...

and yeah some played PSO and EVEN only played PSZ. But those guys usually seem either chill (or PSO wise most extreme) but yeah, either, or.

MEEEEEE~~

Er, anyway, I sometimes wonder why people don't chat mid-combat since I nearly never have a problem with quickly typing a short message......e.g. when fighting hunar some of my party members just stop talking entirely until AFTER he dies.

But that's my problem.

Agitated_AT
Feb 19, 2013, 02:35 AM
Im the very social type so i like to enter and surprise random parties with the find all party option. I know a lot of anti social weirdos end up soloig but i like to spice up their experience a little bit. I usually just like to be spontaneous, make jokes and have a blast partying with people.

This game is not like pso1 where parties are garhered within minutes. A created party will 90% of the time result in no one joining unless its an attractice mission.

This makes anyone i join surprised by the fact that someone joins. The way the menus are laid out makes searching random parties not so obvious hence not the first choice. And besides, you never know if a person is doing something u'd rather not be part of like a boring farm game, a boring boss rush game, a boring co game. This game totally discourages random party gatherings sadly. For people like me this isnt a problem, but seeing how i join many solo games of people surprised anyone joing them, it shows how it does get in the way of others. These guys probably think its normal because they dont have any reference like fans of pso1 have.

Anyway now im with the, like the game but dont feel like playing anymore croud. I dont know, i think i lost interest in the franchise. Used to be such a huge fan but times change, mentalities change, directions change, hence the games get new audiences. I feel out of place in pso2. Its not the franchise i "loved". Its just a nice mmo with some pso spice and some nice ideas. i really "loved" pso. And i lost that with pso2. Not because its a bad game, the new direction just isnt that apealing to me. But i dont mind overall. Im a segafan and sega still makes great games beside pso thankfully. And who knows pso2 might evolve into a nicer direction eventually

Galax
Feb 19, 2013, 02:50 AM
I'm one of those "talkative during the mission"-ers. I started with PSOXbox, played gamecube but didn't get far because it felt like nothing but more of the same from PSOX, moved on to BB, then PSU, then both PSU and a BB private server...Also played PSZero. Never got a shot at PSP/2/Infinity.

The only weird thing about me and PS "grouping" is I don't consider myself from any of the groups, but if I had to name one, the "None of above but still a fan group."

I play to blast things around with twinguns and laugh at all class weapons that are actually tuna fish and long-handled brushes, or cannons that shoot rappies. In short, fun, and - in my opinion - talking helps make the game more fun. I actually can't play if there's nobody to talk to at a given time; I feel like I've left part of myself behind before login.

Dnd
Feb 19, 2013, 02:55 AM
I only generally tend to talk (alot) when im not actually doing anything in game, ie afking in lobbys/my room. When im actually in a party killing stuff I tend not to talk/type because it just has too much interference when in combat. Then again, I was like this on psoGC aswell...

Ce'Nedra
Feb 19, 2013, 02:57 AM
I only generally tend to talk (alot) when im not actually doing anything in game, ie afking in lobbys/my room. When im actually in a party killing stuff I tend not to talk/type because it just has too much interference when in combat. Then again, I was like this on psoGC aswell...

Once a noob always a noob :wacko:

Yeah these eharmony rooms on PSP2 were laughable, I think I trolled a few of these sometime when I was bored.

Whit
Feb 19, 2013, 03:16 AM
Sweeping generalizations abound!

Sparzyle
Feb 19, 2013, 04:14 AM
Something I noticed recently, talking during missions is like talking with a cellphone while driving

You talk you die (always @$%&ing happens when I try to solo a boss :c)

This didn't happen at PSO I recall due to clearing every mob on the rooms and that stuff

Syklo
Feb 19, 2013, 04:41 AM
Something I noticed recently, talking during missions is like talking with a cellphone while driving

This didn't happen at PSO I recall due to clearing every mob on the rooms and that stuff
A great analogy, but that's why you take advantage of temporary automatic motion frames to type.

Then again, i don't know many other people that can type a full sentence before a PA such as orchestra completes itself.

Nikoshae
Feb 19, 2013, 09:18 AM
I find it hard to chit-chat during missions lol... this tends to be a fast-paced game, and if I'm talking I'm not attacking XD

But sometimes I get the chance to =p

I'm a PSU veteran. I miss that game, but I love PSO2

NoiseHERO
Feb 19, 2013, 09:22 AM
The crowd that hates the game, but still plays.

I'm only half in this one.

KaffeKane
Feb 19, 2013, 01:00 PM

Merciless aimbotting typefragging monkeys on Naberius! OH NOOOOOOOOOOES~!!!!

Noblewine
Feb 19, 2013, 11:49 PM
I don't recall ever seeing stuff like that. Then again, I play solo most times.

Trust me blace, it happened in psu and in psp2. It'll happen. XD

PSP2 had it bad during the demo. Eharmony rooms everywhere. Men not allowed.

Sad that's partly the reason psp2 network mode because slightly unplayable. The hacking was the main reason I gave up and just choose to play offline. Morbits didn't help either.

Whaaaaaao when did I miss this era of the gae?

You didn't. XD

Zalana
Feb 20, 2013, 12:18 AM
PSO 2 brings together 2 fanbases. those that played PSU and those that played PSPo2/Infinity. what i've noticed is that PSU players tend to talk little if at all during missions instead talking before/after and tending to chat more in the lobbies. wheras the PSP players seem much more likely to just talk about random crap during missions and probally never use the nearby chat channel outside of MPA's and thus arent talking in lobbies.

I suppose I come from the old PSO v1 crowd where we talked in-game for hours and then went up to Pioneer 2 and talked for hours then made a new game and did it all over again proceeding to go to the lobby and talk once again. Rather nice to see a bunch of PSO newbies though, at least shows it is still somewhat popular. Can't believe I've played every version up until now.

Shadownami92
Feb 20, 2013, 01:33 AM
Yeah, I'm definitely in a talk anytime crowd. Though mainly during missions, because after missions everyone is too busy selling, buying, checking the auction house before rushing back to do another missions. Mainly it's because we normally don't rush the missions that we don't care about the timer on.

That and there are a few more peaceful spots to say something, that and when I play we sometimes will sit in a cool looking spot and just chat as well. Like in a field of flowers in the forest and stuff. Or we will talk before a boss teleporter.