PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 cheaters: will PSO2 NA be dead on arrival?

Poubelle
Feb 19, 2013, 02:27 PM
Just wondering how people feel about this subject. I noticed that there's a lot of 'hacking' going on, and PSO2 isn't even close to opening in NA/EU.

lots of people on ship02 block 20 use third party programs and talk about it openly/casually. the 'popular' players in the English community are the cheaters (Will, Rogue Synthetic & co, team Moon Stone)

legit players are nerds with crappy gear, just like the PSO EP I & II days

do you think PSO NA will ever survive with this kind of behavior going on from the get go??

Shadowth117
Feb 19, 2013, 02:42 PM
Jeez, you're right bud. My gear is pretty crap:
[spoiler-box]
http://i.imgur.com/IyzeyF2.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

And are you really going to point out that we're all nerds as if we're not already aware of it? If you're playing on the Japanese server of any game purely because you like the series, I'm pretty damn sure that you qualify on that front. : P

The hacking is what it is and will be dealt with one way or another for sure. People are certainly being banned in large waves even if a large scale fix hasn't been put into use yet. SEGA's not going to let their cash flow get cut because a bunch of people are having fun playing script kiddies.

As far as NA PSO2 goes, if it fails it will likely be more on SEGA than anything. PSU 360 did just fine while it was going, despite SEGA's inept attitude towards it. PSO2 has the potential to be big here although I doubt that will be capitalized on.

Vintasticvin
Feb 19, 2013, 02:43 PM
Yes its true that people talk openly about mods ( :( I always urge them to be cautious in a nice non naggy way.) and as far as cheating the only things I've seen were infinite jumps and the invisible sky chair (lol). Ad far as Moonstone goes most are legit players based on what I've seen and know also they are a very humorous bunch that has me facepaming and shaking my head going no at some of the stuff they say.

As far as cheating in the goes YES without a doubt I can only hope if any hacking goes on otd the kind that doesn't hurt or affect anyone.

Poubelle
Feb 19, 2013, 02:52 PM
offended offended

I'M not calling legit players nerds. I am a legit player and anti cheats. I'm saying legit players are on their way towards being seeing as lesser , and cheating being the 'mainstream' thing to do.

and vintastic it can't be seen as "mods"when they are using speed hacks and godmode.

supersonix9
Feb 19, 2013, 02:54 PM
[spoiler-box]
[/spoiler-box]

dude you don't even have dudu rod

Shadowth117
Feb 19, 2013, 02:56 PM
as far as cheating the only things I've seen were infinite jumps and the invisible sky chair (lol).

Go play with any character that's name looks like a keyboard smash and you'll see an example of what I like to call the "roflauncher". But yeah, there hasn't been anything that's been malicious against players as far as I'm aware aside from things like this:
http://i.imgur.com/DDCkBIw.jpg

Either a former guild mate of mine and another person suddenly got VERY good at TA and managed to beat Ash's ENTIRE SQUAD'S TIME by themselves, or there's something interesting going on there.

Z-0
Feb 19, 2013, 03:01 PM
ur just jelly ur not as good as them shadow

stfu

But to answer the question, I don't think NA PSO2 will be that bad, although I highly doubt SEGA will be pitching forth much support. There were quite a few little hacking incidents on PSU, but the game still stood up.

supersonix9
Feb 19, 2013, 03:11 PM
isn't alex an exploiter or something?

Xaeris
Feb 19, 2013, 03:12 PM
[spoiler-box]
[/spoiler-box]

If you have so little to do with your meseta that you unlocked Lv. 3 Crest of Carnage on that rod, mind kicking some my way?

jooozek
Feb 19, 2013, 03:14 PM
axeonman is just so pro
u might not have the idea but axeon so overpower

Vintasticvin
Feb 19, 2013, 03:16 PM
I'M not calling legit players nerds. I am a legit player and anti cheats. I'm saying legit players are on their way towards being seeing as lesser , and cheating being the 'mainstream' thing to do.

and vintastic it can't be seen as "mods"when they are using speed hacks and godmode.
Yeeeeah Speed boosts and Go Mode ing is so not cool in my books.

Go play with any character that's name looks like a keyboard smash and you'll see an example of what I like to call the "roflauncher". But yeah, there hasn't been anything that's been malicious against players as far as I'm aware aside from things like this:

Either a former guild mate of mine and another person suddenly got VERY good at TA and managed to beat Ash's ENTIRE SQUAD'S TIME by themselves, or there's something interesting going on there.
D: I've always wanted to see the rofllauncher in action for myself in a live game.

Shadowth117
Feb 19, 2013, 03:17 PM
If you have so little to do with your meseta that you unlocked Lv. 3 Crest of Carnage on that rod, mind kicking some my way?

I actually unlocked that when it first came out before I realized that it didn't benefit Tatk to be fair... ^^;

Edit:

D: I've always wanted to see the rofllauncher in action for myself in a live game.

Its pretty silly looking to be honest. I've found them in MPA's before and essentially they quite literally fly around the map with a sort of vacuum that catches any enemies and even bosses they pass while popping off numbers like a PSU machine gun glitcher. Its funny the first time, but its kind of sad that its allowed to happen.

eharima
Feb 19, 2013, 04:08 PM
its the only reason ill make an account there with the popcorn to watch the lulz

it will be rife because people with mains on the JP wont give a fuck and cheat on the NA because fu soa ect

Galax
Feb 19, 2013, 04:10 PM
SEGA is still using gameguard; That can't be helping hold back the cheaters/hackers/scriptkiddies/lolicanillegit-ers.

Ontopic: I don't know. I'd like to believe things will go right with NA/EU PSO2. Then I look at how there was this lack of support to PSU360, some ridiculous censors that only got fixed way late in to the game itself...I recall how one of my old friends from PSOXbox told me that they spent the last...two months I think with Christmas lobby, then got shut down a week before they were supposed to by Microsoft. I recall how often I got FSODed online on PSOX and never really saw much done about it by SEGA. Being hit in every other Episode IV room on BB with some guy who thought it was epic to use God of Equip and have his pinkal HUmar named Sephiroth use Storm Wand: Indra.

Not to mention I don't really trust companies anymore after Capcom cancelled legends 3, Microsoft's new policy that says you need to give them advance notice if you plan to sue them or it doesn't count legally, ofc all the above listed shit from SEGA, not to mention when SEGA shut down Shiren the Wanderer's wifi servers, leaving anyone still playing -1 option of being rescued when they get killed...

*sigh*

If you didn't read all that, here's the short version. I'd love to have faith, but it's damn painful to, so I don't.

gigawuts
Feb 19, 2013, 06:06 PM
is this a joke thread or

Redboigoi
Feb 19, 2013, 06:21 PM
is this a joke thread or

Yeah, was waiting for Kevin Hart to pop out. :/

Vintasticvin
Feb 19, 2013, 06:22 PM
is this a joke thread or

Well its better than a any word yet on a international release thread t.t

NoiseHERO
Feb 19, 2013, 06:33 PM
FO is noob easymode class choice.

Crysteon
Feb 19, 2013, 06:40 PM
legit players are nerds with crappy gear

I know legit nerds with crazy gears...owait...nvm, they do RMT.

Xaeris
Feb 19, 2013, 06:59 PM
I actually unlocked that when it first came out before I realized that it didn't benefit Tatk to be fair... ^^;

Ah. Easy mistake. Whoever thought Halfline Slayer on a rod made any sense was huffing some paint that day.

Poubelle
Feb 19, 2013, 07:01 PM
is this a joke thread or

whats so funny about it? The JP servers are flooded with hackers (english, chinese, and jp) :-?

considering people will be hacking PSO2-NA from day 1, it seems theres little hope for it

Soultrigger
Feb 19, 2013, 07:14 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/DDCkBIw.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d87/seventhlimit/pso20130115_020229_028_zps4e4d3665.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Seems legit. :wacko:

I know legit nerds with crazy gears...owait...nvm, they do RMT.

Some people have waay too much money to burn. And when you look at their shop on a regular basis (i.e. poor affixes, no AC scratch items, lack of reselling), it's very easy to question the legitimacy of their funding.

gigawuts
Feb 19, 2013, 07:30 PM
whats so funny about it? The JP servers are flooded with hackers (english, chinese, and jp) :-?

considering people will be hacking PSO2-NA from day 1, it seems theres little hope for it

Legit players only have crappy gear, are you serious? Just like the PSO Ep 1 & 2 days? I mean, seriously?

Legit players are completely capable of getting good gear, they just can't get as much of it. Yeah, it requires an obscene amount of time, but having good gear does not mean you're automatically illegit. You can't hack your way to a 10*, not without raising enough red flags to get banned within 30 days anyway.

MetalDude
Feb 19, 2013, 07:33 PM
Plenty of players in PSO could get good gear just because trading was actually possible, feasible, and necessary.

Poubelle
I already explained that what I meant is "legit players are nerds with crappy gear" is the PERCEPTION of non-cheaters in a hacker run community.

that's not what I actually believe. but legit players even with great gear will be seen as gimp and lesser compared to cheaters who do impossible damage.

gigawuts
Ask Meji about: dupe 10*'s he could trade for 10*'s he actually wants

edit:
I already explained that what I meant is "legit players are nerds with crappy gear" is the PERCEPTION of non-cheaters in a hacker run community.

that's not what I actually believe. but legit players even with great gear will be seen as gimp and lesser compared to cheaters who do impossible damage.
Ah, I read through the thread but that wasn't the impression I got. But, then, so what? So some script kiddies look down on players that like to play within a game's rules. That's the case in every game. Despite their apparent rampancy, I've only seen that in JP PSO2 twice - in the first week of the game. If it's enough of an issue in EN PSO2, SoA might have to actually do something about it. That'd be a nice change.

MetalDude
Feb 19, 2013, 07:34 PM
This is an incredibly stupid argument. Of course cheaters can make themselves have 10000 S atk and deal tons of damage. No one cares unless it's ruining their game.

Macman
Feb 19, 2013, 07:36 PM
PSO2 will be dead on arrival in the NA, but not because of cheaters. They're just icing on the shitcake.

fires2dust
Feb 19, 2013, 08:00 PM
So they can probably 1-hit kill bosses or finish dungeons way faster, maybe even mess up rankings but what's the fun in that in the long run?

I just hope they get bored faster and leave after having accomplished their over 9000 achievements or when they get bored annoying the shit out of people who just want to play a clean, fair game without them showing off with their lookwuticando trollface.

Klypto
Feb 19, 2013, 08:55 PM
I've only seen 6 so far.

2 people behind the window in the lobby talking about hacks.

3 people running super fast or jumping impossibly high in the lobby. (If I see you doing it I'm not partying with you, ever, sorry)

1 person destroying the falz arms quest in the first 15-30 seconds on VH.

So far only one of them impacted my gameplay in a negative way.

Coming from a Nexon games & Hackshi(eld)t background where people are blatantly using GM functions, spawning things like a fountain and flying around instant killing everything on the map this stuff is nothing.

Shadowth117
Feb 19, 2013, 08:58 PM
1 person destroying the falz arms quest in the first 15-30 seconds on VH.

I'm assuming you mean only one person, but for the record it is possible to clear them that fast normally with a really good group, even without 12 people.

Klypto
Feb 19, 2013, 09:01 PM
I do believe it's possible to clear it fast, but this one guy completely blew us all away in damage.

Granted that's not a 100% hack guarantee but it's still weird.

IHAFUF
Feb 19, 2013, 09:08 PM
Rogue Synthetic does not hack, only a minority of the team actually hack, you should get your facts right before you talk crap.

Redboigoi
Feb 19, 2013, 09:19 PM
Hmm I have not ran into a hacker yet, and by what the complaint is in this thread is kind of useless. I don't care if they max their gears, and get the weapons they want. Doesn't bother me long as they are not joining MPA groups 1 hitting bosses (that's where I have an issue).

I mean PSO was so bad fulled with so many hackers and it was still a classic game. Got BSOD, turned off dreamcast, and went back to playing an open game lol. Gamers get sensetive about too much these days... Hey at least we're not in PK drop weapons days..

GtSaiyaMan
Feb 19, 2013, 09:42 PM
i dont think so...there are plenty of modern solutions to catch/ban cheaters. more importantly, i love PSO more than anything...I don't plan on letting any cheaters ruin my experience.

Klypto
Feb 19, 2013, 09:46 PM
I am a little confused too as to why Rogue was fingered here. D:

Whit
Feb 19, 2013, 10:51 PM
Rogue Synthetic does not hack, only a minority of the team actually hack, you should get your facts right before you talk crap.

Yeah man. Brouge is 100% legit AFAIK.

hope breaker
Feb 19, 2013, 11:09 PM
I am a little confused too as to why Rogue was fingered here. D:

We can point fingers now. because I have a big list of names (those sitting and talking in the lobby guess what know your secret). ho and psoworld members also has a part in this. I do not mind those playing in locked games or time attack scores. just don't mess with my game play.

yesterday falz runs nigth hard mode you know who i mean... is a geme they said welcome to block 20

block 20 and block 15

HiOc
Feb 19, 2013, 11:24 PM
We can point fingers now. because I have a big list of names (those sitting and talking in the lobby guess what know your secret). ho and psoworld members also has a part in this. I do not mind those playing in locked games or time attack scores. just don't mess with my game play.

yesterday falz runs nigth hard mode you know who i mean... is a geme they said welcome to block 20

block 20 and block 15

Were you in that party with Mr."It's lag ; )" also?

Zenobia
Feb 19, 2013, 11:29 PM
Yeah man. Brouge is 100% legit AFAIK.

Yeah agreed here im friends with this guy on Yuri and i play with him dayum near 90% of the time hell i even TA with him he hack free and legit to the very core whoever claimed he was a hacker sure as hell isn't doing there homework.

hope breaker
Feb 20, 2013, 01:20 AM
Were you in that party with Mr."It's lag ; )" also?

because i don't write english fast i play solo so i enter solo but unlock game so any one is welcome . they even make drama about not playing because of complains from the non Hack and they sit on the floor one player also beg them for help there i mean it was Dark Falz Elder if you dont want to play or ruin the others game dont play the game unless you that's your idea of fun.

I don't know if this sarcasm (Were you in that party with Mr."It's lag) or i miss that on game chat.

Renvalt
Feb 20, 2013, 02:05 AM
Y'know, I was once affiliated with Moon Stone. Then Mike's arrogance with his hacking destroyed my patience.

Now the mere mention of Moon Stone makes me imagine myself eating raw cicada maggots - partly out of disgust, and partly out of remorse for siding with that arsehole.

Let's just hope Broomop decides not to stage an "Anti-SoA" hacker's jihad against the game, or.... let's just say it won't be pretty.

MetalDude
Feb 20, 2013, 02:06 AM
Oh god, Broomop.

Whit
Feb 20, 2013, 02:37 AM
Y'know, I was once affiliated with Moon Stone. Then Mike's arrogance with his hacking destroyed my patience.

Don't forget about his constant "lolsmokeweed420xD" too!

Christ, that along with some other things are making me want to leave the team. If it weren't for the fact that I like some of the people in the team, I would've left ages ago.

AlexIII
Feb 20, 2013, 06:07 PM
All TAers use whatever means they can to win, especially those in Ignition. They've known about things I didn't and discussed them with me after the fact. No harm, no foul; just how it is; you keep your secrets to you and yours.

No reason to witch hunt because now I have something you don't.

Friend tipped me off this topic exists. I don't really come here; wont reply again; message me in game if anyone has to. :-D

Klypto
Feb 20, 2013, 06:11 PM
If you're even half decent at TA and know the traps & tricks you shouldn't have to do anything "special".

Z-0
Feb 20, 2013, 06:12 PM
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Are you seriously accusing us of cheating? Mind explaining what we did? =] I know everything everyone does, and I can tell you none of us do any "dodgy" stuff. Only thing is the Elder "exploit" which you did anyway.
You have something we don't, yes, and that is called illegitimate methods. :\ We are all legitimate players unlike you. Want to make a video of your 6 minute solo Lilipa run? We'll make one too (not a 6 min solo but... a better run than that anyway). o.-