PDA

View Full Version : PC/PS2 PS2/PC Ambition of the Illuminus

Night Hollows
Feb 19, 2013, 03:10 PM
Hello I have been thinking about getting the Ambition of the Illuminus for the PS2 or PC from after hearing that you can do a few missions without the online and was wondering whats best to play the Ambition of the Illuminus on out of PC or PS2?

I own a PC and PS2 but more of a PC gamer now them a PS2 gamer, I also heard that if you play Phantasy Star Universe 1st, you get something on Ambition of the Illuminus

Anduril
Feb 19, 2013, 03:26 PM
I would say go with the PC. There is currently a project that is trying to create a patch for the PC version that will give you access to all the items and some remixes of missions that were only available online, including those that were exclusive to the Japanese servers. There is no solid date for it to be completed and released, but it's better to have the version it's compatible with, right?
As for what I mentioned before regarding playing through PSU vanilla first: some items such as Whithill Wings and the Tengoh Bow can only be obtained in PSU but not in AotI, so in order to have them in AotI you have to find them in PSU's Extra Mode, then transfer that character over to AotI. I believe you also retain your levels and get a Tails and a Sonic statue for your room. This entails playing through Episode 1 to unlock everything, then hunting through Extra Mode.

Night Hollows
Feb 19, 2013, 03:49 PM
Sounds like Online but with Single player and to play extra mode you need to finish the PSU Story line

DeathDragon2332
Feb 19, 2013, 05:26 PM
Yeah there is a "date" but nothing solid he has stated if everything goes flawlessly it will be done sometime in March, he also stated that if everything worked out to begin with it would have been done months ago so yeah, expect it in March-May.

Night Hollows
Feb 19, 2013, 07:13 PM
Yeah there is a "date" but nothing solid he has stated if everything goes flawlessly it will be done sometime in March, he also stated that if everything worked out to begin with it would have been done months ago so yeah, expect it in March-May.

I might wait until them before buying PSU and AOTI for PC

blazingsonic
Feb 28, 2013, 05:56 PM
I would say go with the PC. There is currently a project that is trying to create a patch for the PC version that will give you access to all the items and some remixes of missions that were only available online, including those that were exclusive to the Japanese servers. There is no solid date for it to be completed and released, but it's better to have the version it's compatible with, right?
As for what I mentioned before regarding playing through PSU vanilla first: some items such as Whithill Wings and the Tengoh Bow can only be obtained in PSU but not in AotI, so in order to have them in AotI you have to find them in PSU's Extra Mode, then transfer that character over to AotI. I believe you also retain your levels and get a Tails and a Sonic statue for your room. This entails playing through Episode 1 to unlock everything, then hunting through Extra Mode.

O_O Details!! Would this patch include Lobby stuff, I would like to shake my head when ever Laia has one of her fits.