PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance today - Times changed

Syaorandc
Feb 19, 2013, 06:41 PM
Just a FYI -

Maintenance today is from 9AM JST to 5PM JST.

That is 4PM to Midnight PST.
or 7PM to 3AM EST.

http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=933

平素より『ファンタシースターオンライン2』をご利用いただき、誠にありがとうございます。

2月20日(水)の定期メンテナンスにつきまして、下記のとおり時間を変更させていただきます。

2013年2月20日(水)11:00 ~ 17:00 → 2月20日(水)9:00 ~ 17:00

※この期間はゲームサーバーにログインできません。

yoshiblue
Feb 19, 2013, 06:42 PM
Thanks for the info.

Nikoshae
Feb 19, 2013, 07:03 PM
I wish they did it while I was at work so I could come home and play :<

lol Because it's all about me =p But secretly we all wish that, huh?

Syaorandc
Feb 19, 2013, 07:13 PM
I wish they did it while I was at work so I could come home and play :<

lol Because it's all about me =p But secretly we all wish that, huh?

I'm at work and I was planning to play till 11am but I checked the pso2.jp site and noticed the change :(
Now I just get to sit here and play LoL until its quitting time and go home and wait for 5pm...

At least my Vita arrives today ^^;

layn2321
Feb 19, 2013, 07:14 PM
Is there a patch going through today? I pre-downloaded something the other day, wondering if we have someone new coming today or if it was just a really early pre-downloaded for the vita stuff. It was a big patch on the pre-downloader though

Z-0
Feb 19, 2013, 07:20 PM
Early pre-download for well... new stuff in general for the next month or so.

Now, for the actual update today, everything is listed here (http://pso2.jp/players/update/20130123/06/) (apart from surprise bug fixes or whatnot they might add). To summarise:

- Item names are getting changed to be easier to read (more of a Japanese thing).
- Premium Block Space is being added.
- If you have Premium, Este tickets will last for an hour allowing you to test out changes.
- More than one Matter Board objective can be chosen (not sure if they specified how many you can choose)
- Hunter buffs (All weapons restore more PP, JA window is more generous for Swords and Lances, Gear builds faster for Swords and Lances)
- Something to do with Koffee's orders!
- Client Orders are getting buffed (from what I can tell, they're just changing level requirements for something -- either full EXP or the level of enemy you need to kill for the CO). For Hans, Revelle and Echo (although Echo's change is slightly different).

I'm terrible at this. \o/

gigawuts
Feb 19, 2013, 07:25 PM
WOAH, all hunter weapons will siphon more PP? God yes.

I'm glad they're addressing the shifting class issues. Whereas subclasses resolved PP issues for force spec (fo/te te/fo) and ranger spec (ra/gu gu/ra), it was not addressed for hunter spec at all (hu/fi fi/hu). Good to see them taking feedback instead of digging in. Now add a skill for fighter, or buff up fists and dagger PP siphoning and we're on to something here.

Shadowth117
I like how alpha, beta, gamma, and delta became a, b, c, and d respectively lol.

NoiseHERO
so not changing attack speed but widening the JA windows a bit... I guess I can see why... (sometimes I miss that chance to JA using my PA too early... only to realize if say for an example I'm attacking in midair. I'm losing height when I make the JA most of the time. >_>)

I didn't remember gear filling up easier, but I was definitely thinking "man would be nice if my gear filled up faster..." earlier... Kind of a weak coincidence but yeah...

gigawuts
Feb 19, 2013, 07:27 PM
so not changing attack speed but widening the JA windows a bit... I guess I can see why... (sometimes I miss that chance to JA using my PA too early... only to realize if say for an example I'm attacking in midair. I'm losing height when I make the JA most of the time. >_>)

I didn't remember gear filling up easier, but I was definitely thinking "man would be nice if my gear filled up faster..." earlier... Kind of a weak coincidence but yeah...

Well, fighter needs the longer JA window for knuckles way way more than hunter did, but they're on the right track so far.

Yunfa
Feb 19, 2013, 07:34 PM
A chance for me to catch up in school and then POUND THAT AQ HARD AS I CAN! >8D As soon as I clear out 3000 items filled up in my storage/inventory. (No there are no junk in my storage, just lots n lots of affixing fodder that I require for my 4 characters's gears for every 10 lvls. Lets see how far I can get with Doodoo.)

Vintasticvin
Feb 19, 2013, 07:35 PM
I guess Im the only Cst (Cetral) player in all of pso-w. Its okay Syaorandc ^^; lol

Macman
Feb 19, 2013, 07:35 PM
So wait, are we applying that huge prepatch tonight or not?

Syaorandc
Feb 19, 2013, 07:36 PM
I guess Im the only Cst (Cetral) player in all of pso-w. Its okay Syaorandc ^^; lol

lol well most people can usually compute their own time from PST or EST so I put those.

CST would be 6PM - 2AM ;-)

gigawuts
Feb 19, 2013, 07:36 PM
It's already been done over the course of the week, assuming you've clicked yes to every precede downloader prompt.

Maronji
Feb 19, 2013, 07:37 PM
So wait, are we applying that huge prepatch tonight or not?

I'd hazard a guess of "Yes" along with "We're not going to see anything from that this week".

jooozek
Feb 19, 2013, 07:37 PM
wait what the huge ass predownloads werent for this week? last time it fucked up so i had to copy manually so i did this in advance now...

Z-0
Feb 19, 2013, 07:38 PM
nope, they're not updates for this week at all, although the data is being applied into the client this week (basically locked content woo)

gigawuts
Feb 19, 2013, 07:39 PM
Ha ha, seriously? I thought they said it would be for this week's update with the exact same announcement that we'd be getting the downloads.

Lordy.

EvilMag
Feb 19, 2013, 07:42 PM
I always assumed the shit that was in the pre downloader were the Vita maps and stuff for the Vita version.

Jungo Torii
Feb 19, 2013, 07:53 PM

I came here to state that you are in fact not alone in your CST-ness.

...But I usually have no problem with timezones and the like.

Macman
Feb 19, 2013, 07:53 PM
It's already been done over the course of the week, assuming you've clicked yes to every precede downloader prompt.
Uh, no. It's sitting in the _precede folder taking up space.
The last prepatch I had to manually copy the files over into the data folder to get them to actually stick.

Guess I'll just run the launcher and see what it does.

gigawuts
Feb 19, 2013, 08:00 PM
Ah, I thought you meant getting the files at all, misunderstood. I'm used to predownloaded files still being put into the actual game directory and made accessible to the game, even if they're not being actively used. I'm not used to files this large being an actual patch.

Alisha
Feb 19, 2013, 08:06 PM

swords and WL were sped up last update and as a result JA timing was tightend. the funny thing is partisan has 2 JA windows but maybe this will make air JA easier

Z-0
Feb 19, 2013, 08:08 PM
pretty sure they weren't because the update page says it's happening today (and I mean, I didn't notice anything). Then again Code: Gesture got added this update so who knows?

jooozek
Feb 19, 2013, 08:08 PM
okay, applied all files
only 28 files to download
edit: uh gameguard updated too

Macman
Feb 19, 2013, 08:11 PM
Yup, me too. Had to manually move the precede files over again. I bet those 28 files are ENG patch files, at that.

SwordOkami
Feb 19, 2013, 08:16 PM

Hi. CST here, and to be more specific, Chicago. :-D

Xaeris
Feb 19, 2013, 08:19 PM
Wait, wait, wait...there's an America between EST and PST? How come I've never heard of this desolate wasteland?

Blackheart521
Feb 19, 2013, 08:21 PM
Wait, wait, wait...there's an America between EST and PST? How come I've never heard of this desolate wasteland?

The tornados here block off all communication to the outside world ^^;

Maronji
Feb 19, 2013, 08:23 PM

Just because Utah sucks as a state for gaming (for the most part), don't count out MST either!

(On a more serious note, does anyone know for sure what the page linked above says about Koffie's COs? I'm curious.)

Zenobia
Feb 19, 2013, 08:24 PM
There won't be any update this week just maintenance they delayed it sadly so we will def see the update next week of course.

Blackheart521
Feb 19, 2013, 08:26 PM
What were all the dates for the Prepatch for this update? can't seem to find them anywhere and don't wanna copy over more files than I'm supposed to since I still have old prepatch files in my folder too

Rayden
Feb 19, 2013, 08:33 PM
swords and WL were sped up last update
Wait, what? I use them all the time, and I haven't noticed any changes to their attack speed... I thought that was what we were getting now?

Zenobia
Feb 19, 2013, 08:37 PM
swords and WL were sped up last update and as a result JA timing was tightend. the funny thing is partisan has 2 JA windows but maybe this will make air JA easier

Wrong i checked the site we never got the sword speed up nerf or any of the sort go check for yourself if you want to confirm this. We will def get the sword nerf and all the others next upcoming update.

Ezodagrom
Feb 19, 2013, 08:39 PM
I'm almost sure that last time there was a pre-download, the launcher actually copied the files from the precede folder to the data folder, it just didn't delete the precede folder after the update.

Blackheart521
Feb 19, 2013, 08:44 PM
I'm almost sure that last time there was a pre-download, the launcher actually copied the files from the precede folder to the data folder, it just didn't delete the precede folder after the update.

Yeah, actually it seems that way now considering I now have around 11,000 files being checked instead of about 9,000 and I didn't copy anything to the data folder from the precede one. ^^;

Ezodagrom
Feb 19, 2013, 08:50 PM
I can confirm it, it copies the files from the precede folder to the data folder. While it shows that it's "downloading" over 3000 files, at the speed that it's being done, it's definitely not a download, but copying from the precede folder.
Of course, manually copying the files from the precede folder to the data folder will achieve the same result.

Vintasticvin
Feb 19, 2013, 08:54 PM
I came here to state that you are in fact not alone in your CST-ness.

...But I usually have no problem with timezones and the like.

Hi. CST here, and to be more specific, Chicago. :-D

Awesome I'm not alone here :D

Klypto
Feb 19, 2013, 08:56 PM
I was hoping it would start later so I could check prices, but I guess not.

CelestialBlade
Feb 19, 2013, 08:58 PM
Really love the HU changes, specifically the additional PP gained from attacks. I recently re-did my HU tree to focus on gears, JA boosts, and Iron Will, so I'm surprisingly looking forward to messing around with FI/HU again. I agree, FI needs some sort of PP management addition too, but flipping between Double Sabers and Swords is going to be a very viable option now.

Arialle
Feb 19, 2013, 09:02 PM
so just to confirm is the precede batch applied to todays maintenance or todays maintenace is only a normal one with like the usual 10+ files patch as i have not downloaded the precede patch yet...keeps giving me erros

Zenobia
Feb 19, 2013, 09:02 PM
Really love the HU changes, specifically the additional PP gained from attacks. I recently re-did my HU tree to focus on gears, JA boosts, and Iron Will, so I'm surprisingly looking forward to messing around with FI/HU again. I agree, FI needs some sort of PP management addition too, but flipping between Double Sabers and Swords is going to be a very viable option now.

My HU Build consisted of Both JA bonuses 1 ans 2 maxed, FS maxed, and FC=Fury critical and all gears.

While my FI build consist of Both stances maxed and there respective crit bonuses but i could only max brave critical i also have all gears on them to.

Could you tell me how muhc Iron Will procs even at 75% cause i want to invest in this skill and if it procs enough..I would very much so invest.

Ezodagrom
Feb 19, 2013, 09:03 PM
There's also this:

But that’s not all, other classes may see some balance adjustments as well, but this will be discussed some time in the future.http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-gameplay-adjustments-for-february/

No idea who this will affect and when this will be done though.

so just to confirm is the precede batch applied to todays maintenance or todays maintenace is only a normal one with like the usual 10+ files patch as i have not downloaded the precede patch yet...keeps giving me erros
The files from the pre-download are going to be applied today, even though most of them are just in preparation for future updates, they still have to be there for the game to work.

Zenobia
Feb 19, 2013, 09:06 PM

We pretty much got all of the major updates were only missing the balance patches with HU and the rest etc so we dun know when that's coming but i wanna say and guess its coming next week.

CelestialBlade
Feb 19, 2013, 09:06 PM
My HU Build consisted of Both JA bonuses 1 ans 2 maxed, FS maxed, and FC=Fury critical and all gears.

While my FI build consist of Both stances maxed and there respective crit bonuses but i could only max brave critical i also have all gears on them to.

Could you tell me how muhc Iron Will procs even at 75% cause i want to invest in this skill and if it procs enough..I would very much so invest.
If you're looking for my opinion...crits in this game are largely useless (there's been plenty of research done in the Gameplay subforum), so I don't bother with any of the crit skills. Fury Stance is okay, but a stat boost is always going to be far inferior to a % boost so I like things like JA boosts, stances, and Iron Will. Haven't gotten to mess with Iron Will that much yet but on paper it sounds amazing. Would definitely open up my offensive game.

Maxing the stances isn't really a bad thing, but I like keeping my stances at 5 and maxing the stance up skills, since you get more of a boost from these without a penalty (and you are going to incur that penalty sometime, like it or not). Leaves you more points for other valuable things like Chase Advance, which is very nice if you plug a SE onto your weapon.

Maronji
Feb 19, 2013, 09:07 PM

Put simply (and slightly clearer), I think it does applies to today's maintenance, but we don't really get anything out of it this week (probably next week at the absolute earliest, but this isn't a guarantee).

Arialle
Feb 19, 2013, 09:11 PM
mehh guess its now a default must patch kind of thing rather than a choice of whether you want it or not for now....and i havent donw it yet omggg

thanks for the info!

any idea how big is that patch?

Ezodagrom
Feb 19, 2013, 09:12 PM
A note for those that did the pre-download, like the first pre-download in December, the launcher doesn't delete the precede folder, you have to delete it manually after the update so it doesn't occupy unnecessary space.

mehh guess its now a default must patch kind of thing rather than a choice of whether you want it or not for now....and i havent donw it yet omggg

thanks for the info!

any idea how big is that patch?
Around 3.4GB or so.

Zenobia
Feb 19, 2013, 09:12 PM
If you're looking for my opinion...crits in this game are largely useless (there's been plenty of research done in the Gameplay subforum), so I don't bother with any of the crit skills. Fury Stance is okay, but a stat boost is always going to be far inferior to a % boost so I like things like JA boosts, stances, and Iron Will. Haven't gotten to mess with Iron Will that much yet but on paper it sounds amazing. Would definitely open up my offensive game.

Maxing the stances isn't really a bad thing, but I like keeping my stances at 5 and maxing the stance up skills, since you get more of a boost from these without a penalty (and you are going to incur that penalty sometime, like it or not). Leaves you more points for other valuable things like Chase Advance, which is very nice if you plug a SE onto your weapon.

I actually crit more with Fury stance activated along with fury critical which gives 20% crit also sense it stacks with both wise and brave crit im critting dang near everytime also maxing the stances is a godsend 120% for maxed brave stance and 130% for a maxed wise stance is def a 1up and not bad at all I to also have the brave up and wise stance up as well ive hittin for a huge ton of damage with these said skills applied as an HU and honestly im loving it.

Arialle
Feb 19, 2013, 09:18 PM
A note for those that did the pre-download, like the first pre-download in December, the launcher doesn't delete the precede folder, you have to delete it manually after the update so it doesn't occupy unnecessary space.

Around 3.4GB or so.

ouchhh looks like i wont be able to play tonight

Ezodagrom
Feb 19, 2013, 09:19 PM
ouchhh looks like i wont be able to play tonight
The maintenance will last 6 more hours or so, you can already do the update, so depending on your connection, it could finish by then? (If the launcher doesn't start giving errors). :\

Arialle
Feb 19, 2013, 09:22 PM
The maintenance will last 6 more hours or so, you can already do the update, so depending on your connection, it could finish by then? (If the launcher doesn't start giving errors). :\

my connection is fine here but somehow patching pso2 is very slow and i do not know why. I wont be able to patch now cause im at work haha

i remember after installing the client it took 2 days just to patch everything

Cyron Tanryoku
Feb 19, 2013, 09:23 PM
I had no idea that folder kept files.

Had like 5gigs of stuff in there

Klypto
Feb 19, 2013, 09:39 PM
and here I was always wondering

Why is this game folder so huge but the textures so bad? D:

Maronji
Feb 19, 2013, 09:48 PM
This is probably a given (well, for anyone who's been around for at least one big update), but I might as well say it now before people start asking about it here (though knowing the tides, they will anyway).

It's probably not best to patch with the English Patch at the moment, based on three different reports from the "other" forum. You'll most likely get stuck at a black screen. Please wait until a new version of the patch comes out to save yourself some grief.

Ezodagrom
Feb 19, 2013, 09:54 PM
This is probably a given (well, for anyone who's been around for at least one big update), but I might as well say it now before people start asking about it here (though knowing the tides, they will anyway).

It's probably not best to patch with the English Patch at the moment, based on three different reports from the "other" forum. You'll most likely get stuck at a black screen. Please wait until a new version of the patch comes out to save yourself some grief.
If I'm not mistaken, 20 of the main english patch files and 9 of the large files were updated, so almost certainly it'll require a new version.
Same thing for the story patch, 50 files used by the story patch were updated, so even that one may require a new version, maybe?

Kitora
Feb 19, 2013, 09:57 PM
Early pre-download for well... new stuff in general for the next month or so.

Now, for the actual update today, everything is listed here (http://pso2.jp/players/update/20130123/06/) (apart from surprise bug fixes or whatnot they might add). To summarise:

- Item names are getting changed to be easier to read (more of a Japanese thing).
- Premium Block Space is being added.
- If you have Premium, Este tickets will last for an hour allowing you to test out changes.
- More than one Matter Board objective can be chosen (not sure if they specified how many you can choose)
- Hunter buffs (All weapons restore more PP, JA window is more generous for Swords and Lances, Gear builds faster for Swords and Lances)
- Something to do with Koffee's orders!
- Client Orders are getting buffed (from what I can tell, they're just changing level requirements for something -- either full EXP or the level of enemy you need to kill for the CO). For Hans, Revelle and Echo (although Echo's change is slightly different).

I'm terrible at this. \o/
More PP and faster gears! Sounds awesome.

I'm assuming that the supposed "Beach" level, and the Chrome Dragon? And level 60? Is all coming together in March?

Ezodagrom
Feb 19, 2013, 10:05 PM
More PP and faster gears! Sounds awesome.

I'm assuming that the supposed "Beach" level, and the Chrome Dragon? And level 60? Is all coming together in March?
Most likely not.
Chrome Dragon will be first added as a random emergency code boss for the Vita players (possibly will be there on launch already? dunno), if a PC players is together with a Vita player in a PC/Vita shared block and they defeat the boss, that PC player will then be able to find the Dragon even in PC exclusive blocks.

The next area most likely will be the 3rd Amduscia area (in the files it's called Dragon Sanctuary), most likely that one will only be added around April or so. Same thing for the lvl 60 cap.
http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-jp-2013-roadmap/
http://pso2blog.wordpress.com/2012/12/27/the-clones-are-coming/

Kitora
Feb 19, 2013, 10:10 PM
Most likely not.
Chrome Dragon will be first added as a random emergency code boss for the Vita players (possibly will be there on launch already? dunno), if a PC players is together with a Vita player in a PC/Vita shared block and they defeat the boss, that PC player will then be able to find the Dragon even in PC exclusive blocks.

The next area most likely will be the 3rd Amduscia area (in the files it's called Dragon Sanctuary), most likely that one will only be added around April or so. Same thing for the lvl 60 cap.
http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-jp-2013-roadmap/
http://pso2blog.wordpress.com/2012/12/27/the-clones-are-coming/
Oh I see! Not sure where I saw screenshots of the beach area, must have been for Vita? All I know is that I'm craving an area like Jungle in PSO Ep. 2. I think that currently the game has too many gloomy areas. Can't wait for something different.

Maronji
Feb 19, 2013, 10:14 PM
Okay, so after consulting with Kion about the Koffie CO changes, it goes something like this:

The COs will be easier to complete.
The COs will give EXP (where they only gave a bit of Meseta before).
When the COs appear will be changed.

This is mainly to make it easier for the Vita players to get through the game and level up. This includes the Mag License and all of her exploration-related quests.

The only reason this makes me mad is that my latest character has already blasted her way into the mines, so she won't be able to take advantage of most of those changes.

Dang it, Sega--nay, life, WHY MUST YOU ALWAYS DO THIS TO ME, EVERY SINGLE TIME? Seriously, that's the story of my life right there: do/get something, said thing becomes easier/cheaper mere days or weeks afterward.

CelestialBlade
Feb 19, 2013, 10:15 PM
Thanks for sharing. I've got a lil AC left over, maybe I'll make my alt...

Zenobia
Feb 19, 2013, 10:18 PM
Thanks for sharing. I've got a lil AC left over, maybe I'll make my alt...

This exacta glad i waited!

Ezodagrom
Feb 19, 2013, 10:18 PM
Oh I see! Not sure where I saw screenshots of the beach area, must have been for Vita? All I know is that I'm craving an area like Jungle in PSO Ep. 2. I think that currently the game has too many gloomy areas. Can't wait for something different.
The picture you're talking about appears to be from a room scenery theme, but usually those are associated with areas (forest theme, tundra theme, desert theme), so who knows, there may be some new area in the future like that.
Plus it was found through datamining a while ago 2 new areas other than the Amduscia one, one that was just mentioned as "Lillipa 3" (basically 3rd area for the Lillipa planet), and one for a new unnamed planet, apparently the area is mentioned as "Coast".

Kitora
Feb 19, 2013, 10:20 PM
The picture you're talking about appears to be from a room scenery theme, but usually those are associated with areas (forest theme, tundra theme, desert theme), so who knows, there may be some new area in the future like that.
Plus it was found through datamining a while ago 2 new areas other than the Amduscia one, one that was just mentioned as "Lillipa 3" (basically 3rd area for the Lillipa planet), and one for a new unnamed planet, apparently the area is mentioned as "Coast".
Thanks for the info, Ezo.

I'm so excited for more areas.

VoltricScratch
Feb 19, 2013, 10:28 PM
When i try to get on pso2 the sever still offline for me idk why is it maybe the time it like 5pm here on maui -3- i need help

Ezodagrom
Feb 19, 2013, 10:29 PM
When i try to get on pso2 the sever still offline for me idk why is it maybe the time it like 5pm here on maui -3- i need help
Servers are still down for maintenance, which is scheduled to end in about 4h30.

Blackheart521
Feb 19, 2013, 10:29 PM

Servers won't be back up for 4 and a half hours ^^;

Edit: Ninja'd

VoltricScratch
Feb 19, 2013, 10:32 PM
o-o thnks >.< damn got only little time to stay on pso2

VoltricScratch
Feb 19, 2013, 10:36 PM
Im new to the game so yea i try to find english people on the game but it hard >.<. can someone help me with quest too

Klypto
Feb 19, 2013, 10:38 PM
Im new to the game so yea i try to find english people on the game but it hard >.<. can someone help me with quest too

Well, go to ship 2 block 20 and everyone there is english speaking.

Kitora
Feb 19, 2013, 10:45 PM
Ship 02, Block 20 seems to consist of mostly English players so I'd start there.

Edit: Ya beat me Klypto :P

Eman2417
Feb 19, 2013, 10:45 PM
I keep trying to update the game but it keeps saying it fails. Is it not finished yet?

CelestialBlade
Feb 19, 2013, 10:54 PM
I keep trying to update the game but it keeps saying it fails. Is it not finished yet?
Here.

Servers are still down for maintenance, which is scheduled to end in about 4h30.

VoltricScratch
Feb 19, 2013, 10:59 PM
thnks dudes o3o can i add you guys Please -3-

Zenobia
Feb 19, 2013, 11:26 PM
thnks dudes o3o can i add you guys Please -3-

Theres a thread with most of the ship 2 players name my names Yuri im sometimes on b20 during a break from questing and what not you can add me if you wish no rush at all really heres a link to get you started.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201648

Dark Emerald EXE
Feb 19, 2013, 11:54 PM

Here.

As true as this would be the first time seeing error message.
Normally on tuesdays I don't bother getting on and around 12am normally i can just let the update roll....and sometimes finish b4 i go to sleep...

This first time seeing that message but I won't stress it...

SPOnion
Feb 19, 2013, 11:55 PM
Rumor: HU Fury Stance will be % instead. Flash Guard will reduce more damage.

gigawuts
Feb 19, 2013, 11:58 PM
Rumor: HU Fury Stance will be % instead. Flash Guard will reduce more damage.

Rumor from where?

If this is true...mmmmm yes.

Maronji
Feb 20, 2013, 12:02 AM
A new core English Patch just went up a few minutes ago. You guys know where to get it.

To save on headaches, do not use the Large Files patch yet. That one still has to be checked.

SPOnion
Feb 20, 2013, 12:06 AM
Rumor from where?

If this is true...mmmmm yes.

Just some gossips on fb. I don't think it is true (since the text they quote implies otherwise) so labeled it rumor.

But I think these skills will be more received if they do make such change.

Syllix
Feb 20, 2013, 12:10 AM
I LOVE THIS FORUM! One quick google search and I now know why my game isn't working :)

I dl'd the patch and can get to the ship selection screen, (but still can't play obviously because maintenance is still going on), BUT everything is in japanese. So I tried to use the english patch from 2/12/13 or whatever, but then that messes the game up and the title screen is black and I can't do anything.

I'll check out this new english patch and hopefully that works, otherwise I guess i'll have to wait until around midnight PST to play a bit, albeit cope with japanese for a while until the patch is complete.

Cheeers

Zenobia
Feb 20, 2013, 12:10 AM
Just some gossips on fb. I don't think it is true (since the text they quote implies otherwise) so labeled it rumor.

But I think these skills will be more received if they do make such change.

Hell yeah Furystance being a % based skill instead of a raw stat giver it would be awsome but rumors=mehh,but all in all it would be hella awsome.

gigawuts
Feb 20, 2013, 12:24 AM
Seriously, it really would. As it is it's merely a "better than nothing" skill. Either % bonus to damage, or % bonus to stats would be ideal.

Either that, or the added atk should bypass defense.

Arialle
Feb 20, 2013, 12:52 AM
according to a websitr not sure if can post here....seems like we got a new event emergency quest these few days

Ezodagrom
Feb 20, 2013, 01:04 AM
Patch notes are up in the PSO2 website, gave them a quick look with google translator:
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=940

- New emergency quest, it's set in the desert.

- We'll be able to select multiple nodes in the matterboard.

- Looks like the search for parties from other blocks feature will be expanded, we'll be able to join parties directly from there.

- Looks like they're adding drops for Falz Hunar in the Darker's Den?

- Something graphics related added to the skyland (possibly just for area 1?), most likely what was shown in the broadcast a while ago, they were playing the vita version in the Skyland, there was some background scenery that doesn't exist in the PC version.

- Premium players having extra slots to be able to join full blocks (as long as the extra premium slots are not full too).

- When using the esthe AC ticket, premium players have 60 minutes to be able to do changes, instead of being 1 time only.

- I'm not exactly sure if this is what it's talking about, but it seems they added an option related to the double tapping of W, A, S, D in the keyboard for dodging, to disable it or change the timing required for the dodge?

- Some changes related to ARKS Cards, player shops, blacklist, symbol arts, ship selection, emergency quests system messages, drops notifications, icons of tickets, but not exactly sure what each of the changes are.

- Changes to the blocks so there's PC blocks, PC/Vita shared blocks and Vita blocks.

- Changes to hunter, higher PP recovery with normal attacks for sword, partisan and wired lance, the just attack timing adjustment for swords and wired lances, the adjustment to how much the gear fills with normal attacks for swords and wired lances, and being able to cancel the cerberus dance PA animation with guarding.

- Lowered requirements for some 2* and 3* units (I think).

- Adjustments to several Koffie, Hans, Revelle, Franka, Echo, Zeno, Afin, Ohza, Lisa, Marlu COs. Also alleviated the conditions to unlock Fighter, Gunner and Techer (not specific what was changed though).

- Adjustments to enemies HP below lvl 20, adjustments to the behaviour of certain bosses in normal mode (Caterdran, Snow Banther, Vol Dragon, Wolgahda).

- Something about increasing the reward for when the Dark Falz Elder emergency code is a rare pattern? (not sure what it means, maybe it's when the emergency code message appears in red?)

- Increased the probability of the premium effects for medical drinks.

MetalDude
Feb 20, 2013, 01:08 AM
- I'm not exactly sure if this is what it's talking about, but it seems they added an option related to the double tapping of W, A, S, D in the keyboard for dodging, to disable it or change the timing required for the dodge?
Oh god yes, are they finally making this optional? It would help SO much.

MetalDude
Feb 20, 2013, 01:11 AM
I almost partially hope Fury Stance continues to naturally decay just so I have a good excuse to keep using Iron Will.

Valkyrie Lovrina
Feb 20, 2013, 01:13 AM
Wow, all of that sounds pretty sweet. especially the options to turn off the double tapping the W, A, S, D for keyboards. thats much welcome. ^^
Still would prefer a gamepad though if I could use one

Ezodagrom
Feb 20, 2013, 01:14 AM
Oh god yes, are they finally making this optional? It would help SO much.
Using google translator it says this:

Keyboard operation
From basic configuration options, input interval when avoidance action to fire twice in a row at the push movement keys keyboard operation (long, medium, short, not used) will be set to.
It's very likely that it's related to the WASD double tapping.

gigawuts
Feb 20, 2013, 01:20 AM
and being able to cancel the cerberus dance PA animation with guarding.
Okay I didn't even get to post that I wanted this, now Sega are just reading my mind.

Cyclon
Feb 20, 2013, 01:25 AM
Okay I didn't even get to post that I wanted this, now Sega are just reading my mind.
I did though. That certainly is nice.

MetalDude
Feb 20, 2013, 01:27 AM
Wired Lances really need that, they're already over the top with the number of PAs they have to commit to simply because of how they work. This makes one of their two non-grapple options a lot more mobile and usable.

Zenobia
Feb 20, 2013, 01:35 AM
Well well change of plans on sega's part seems we get the update today instead of next week they went ahead and they gave us the HU buffs and stuff according to bump so all you HU's out der prepare to test out the new buff we have been blessed with~.

http://bumped.org/psublog/

Also they added the crystal drop to Hunar in DARKER DEN FINALLY TIRED O GETTING JIPPED FROM HIM.

darthvader
Feb 20, 2013, 01:39 AM
全難度において、ウォルガーダの挙動を調整し、難易度を緩和します。 wolgada's behaviour/movements will get relieved in all degree of difficulties lol

also new campaign for (another) 99 grinders http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=935

Zenobia
Feb 20, 2013, 01:40 AM
全難度において、ウォルガーダの挙動を調整し、難易度を緩和します。 wolgada's behaviour/movements will get relieved in all degree of difficulties lol

also new campaign for (another) 99 grinders http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=935

There's a thread on the grinder campaign alrdy but as far as wolgah goes lol that should be a godsend for alot of ppl.

Edit: Also when there's and EQ you will now be told which it is before it starts BIG UPGRADE DER!!

MetalDude
Feb 20, 2013, 01:43 AM
He just needs to do less of those stupid body slides is all. It's not hard to deal with so much as it is entirely a waste of time that he does it.

Ezodagrom
Feb 20, 2013, 01:44 AM
Well well change of plans on sega's part seems we get the update today instead of next week
Huh? They never said that there wouldn't be anything today though, for example, I checked this page last week and it already said February 20th then:
http://pso2.jp/players/update/20130123/06/

darthvader
Feb 20, 2013, 01:47 AM
There's a thread on the grinder campaign alrdy but as far as wolgah goes lol that should be a godsend for alot of ppl.

Edit: Also when there's and EQ you will now be told which it is before it starts BIG UPGRADE DER!!

it should help much (i hope) in code capture but im not really having difficulty if its code attack/duel, though i admit its quite challenging to go against wolga as hu/fi

Zenobia
Feb 20, 2013, 01:49 AM
Huh? They never said that there wouldn't be anything today though, for example, I checked this page last week and it already said February 20th then:
http://pso2.jp/players/update/20130123/06/

Its been added i checked the offical site as well check if you need to confrim for urself also you checked it last WEEK also they added the vita blocks

They also added a function where if an item dropped and you went by it it will now display the name and affixes mounted on it.

Also the wired lance PA Cerberus dance is now cancel able during its animation.

They added alot of stuff this update and then some man LOL.

THIS IS AWESOME!!.

Menasthos
Feb 20, 2013, 01:50 AM
http://pso2.jp/players/update/20130123/06/Lol that page shows valentine update too. Don't be confused please. :-D

Arialle
Feb 20, 2013, 01:50 AM
has anyone actually went to download the patch files manually from bump?

Ezodagrom
Feb 20, 2013, 01:51 AM
Oh, didn't notice the Wolgahda one was for all difficulties, thought it was just for normal mode like the others. ^^;

Its been added i checked the offical site as well check if you need to confrim for urself also you checked it last WEEK also they added the vita blocks

They also added a function where if an item dropped and you went by it it will now display the name and affixes mounted on it.

Also the wired lance PA Cerberus dance is now cancel able during its animation.

They added alot of stuff this update and then some man LOL.
I know that alot of stuff was added, I posted about it a few pages ago. o-o;
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2924055&postcount=86
But, just because they didn't announce before many of the changes in today's update, doesn't mean that it was a change of plans, maybe they planned to do all of this today.

Lol that page shows valentine update too. Don't be confused please. :grin:
Today's update is still a part of that set of updates though, that specific page that I linked, page 6, is about today's updates.

Zenobia
Feb 20, 2013, 01:53 AM
They even reduced the lvl needed to get some of the drops from enemies on the CO's and reduced the hp on enemies under lvl 20 so if there under lvl 20 they have lower hp LOL.

Blackheart521
Feb 20, 2013, 01:58 AM
They even reduced the lvl needed to get some of the drops from enemies on the CO's and reduced the hp on enemies under lvl 20 so if there under lvl 20 they have lower hp LOL.

Normal Difficulty Oodans apparently are too strong ^^;

Zenobia
Feb 20, 2013, 02:04 AM
Oh, didn't notice the Wolgahda one was for all difficulties, thought it was just for normal mode like the others. ^^;

I know that alot of stuff was added, I posted about it a few pages ago. o-o;
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2924055&postcount=86
But, just because they didn't announce before many of the changes in today's update, doesn't mean that it was a change of plans, maybe they planned to do all of this today.

Today's update is still a part of that set of updates though, that specific page that I linked, page 6, is about today's updates.

Actually it was gonna be a change of plans cause AT first it was delayed and it was just gonna be a maintenance then i go to the official site and find that it will indeed be added today and that info wasn't there before.

Also the comment that they added a lot of stuff this update wasn't towards you so there was no need to comment off of it it was just my excitement over it pls dun assume as much.

gigawuts
Feb 20, 2013, 02:05 AM
I'll put up with the constant lunge spamming if they'll just remove that irritating stomp-stun followed by an immediate punch spam attack before you can even shake out of stun. That is fucking infuriating.

Alisha
Feb 20, 2013, 02:09 AM
who actually plays with a kb? i tried once when i 1st started then immediately installed motion joy and plugged in a ps3 controller.

UnLucky
Feb 20, 2013, 02:11 AM
Using google translator it says this:

Keyboard operation
From basic configuration options, input interval when avoidance action to fire twice in a row at the push movement keys keyboard operation (long, medium, short, not used) will be set to.
It's very likely that it's related to the WASD double tapping.
Oh man, this has been required since day one.

I should be happier about this news.

Ezodagrom
Feb 20, 2013, 02:12 AM
Actually it was gonna be a change of plans cause AT first it was delayed and it was just gonna be a maintenance then i go to the official site and find that it will indeed be added today and that info wasn't there before.
That's why I replied to your post, there was no delay, even though they only said that the maintenance was for server adjustments, that doesn't mean that these updates weren't going to happen now. For example, the Hunter changes were always planned for today.

Also the comment that they added a lot of stuff this update wasn't towards you so there was no need to comment off of it it was just my excitement over it pls dun assume as much.
Ah, sorry about that. I'm rather sleepy now and should have gone to sleep many hours ago, but then I saw the list of changes and even though I'm sleepy, I can't sleep...curse you my curiosity. >_>;;

who actually plays with a kb? i tried once when i 1st started then immediately installed motion joy and plugged in a ps3 controller.
I do, I just don't like playing PSO2 with a controller, the mouse for aiming or to move the camera is a must for me.

MetalDude
Feb 20, 2013, 02:14 AM
I like the movement sensitivity of a joystick, but third person view is an absolutely essential part of how I play and there's no feasible way to really emulate point-and-shoot movement with the right stick.

blace
Feb 20, 2013, 02:14 AM
I can't be bothered with checking through all 12 pages on my phone, so do we need to transfer the precede downloaded updates to the folder or do we hold off on transferring the files?

Zenobia
Feb 20, 2013, 02:15 AM
That's why I replied to your post, there was no delay, even though they only said that the maintenance was for server adjustments, that doesn't mean that these updates weren't going to happen now. For example, the Hunter changes were always planned for today.

Ah, sorry about that. I'm rather sleepy now and should have gone to sleep many hours ago, but then I saw the list of changes and even though I'm sleepy, I can't sleep...curse you my curiosity. >_>;;

None taken Johana lol but lets just hope curiosity dosent kill the cat shall we?

MetalDude
Feb 20, 2013, 02:15 AM
It probably wouldn't be far off to assume they're being unprofessional again and we'll have to move it in ourselves.

Malicast
Feb 20, 2013, 02:16 AM
yes, you have to move the files manually

Zenobia
It probably wouldn't be far off to assume they're being unprofessional again and we'll have to move it in ourselves.

Pretty much this im holding off on the files until i see what happens.

Ezodagrom
I can't be bothered with checking through all 12 pages on my phone, so do we need to transfer the precede downloaded updates to the folder or do we hold off on transferring the files?
The more important posts about that:

I can confirm it, it copies the files from the precede folder to the data folder. While it shows that it's "downloading" over 3000 files, at the speed that it's being done, it's definitely not a download, but copying from the precede folder.
Of course, manually copying the files from the precede folder to the data folder will achieve the same result.

blace
Feb 20, 2013, 02:17 AM
That's fine I suppose, when I last checked the precede folder it was at about 3.4GB of data and over 3,500 files to transfer.

@Ezodagrom: I see, I wasn't willing to eat up my phones battery wading through 12 pages of conversation for an answer.

MetalDude
Feb 20, 2013, 02:19 AM
I don't mind it really either given it's simple to do, but there's plenty of people out there who aren't even knowledgeable enough with a computer to really figure out transferring files into the right spot let alone finding the main folder for PSO2's data. It's kind of a silly thing for a big company like Sega to just not do that.

Ezodagrom
Feb 20, 2013, 02:21 AM
I don't mind it really either given it's simple to do, but there's plenty of people out there who aren't even knowledgeable enough with a computer to really figure out transferring files into the right spot let alone finding the main folder for PSO2's data. It's kind of a silly for a big company like Sega to just not do that.
Check my last post, the launcher does transfer the content of the precede folder to the data folder, it just doesn't delete the precede folder after the copy is done (which means that the precede folder stays there occupying unnecessary space).

Zenobia
Feb 20, 2013, 02:22 AM
Check my last post, the launcher does transfer the content of the precede folder to the data folder, it just doesn't delete the precede folder after the copy is done (which means that the precede folder stays there occupying unnecessary space).

Thx for the info i now know what actions to take thus my wondering has now ceased.

gigawuts
Feb 20, 2013, 02:23 AM

Better question: Who does TPS mode with a controller, and who casts their 9 techs off their subpalette with the D-Pad?

(gotta leave the moon there in that 10th spot)

Anduril
Feb 20, 2013, 02:26 AM
Better question: Who does TPS mode with a controller, and who casts their 9 techs off their subpalette with the D-Pad?

(gotta leave the moon there in that 10th spot)
I do TPS with my controller, but I had to heavily modify my button layout to get it to work in a way that didn't handle like complete crap. It's not as efficient as keyboard and mouse, but considering I play while sitting atop my bed, it is more comfortable for me.

VoltricScratch
Feb 20, 2013, 02:27 AM
it 9pm o3o watching the clock o-o turn to 30 alrighty.

blace
Feb 20, 2013, 02:28 AM
She is playing on a laptop so can't blame her for that. However, what giga said is true. How else did you think I was able to fire off techs and be able to heal/support?

MetalDude
Feb 20, 2013, 02:29 AM

Oh, well good.

Zenobia
Feb 20, 2013, 02:31 AM
I do that on my FO had to HEAVILY MODIFY my new Saber Tooth 360 controller i bought which is dayum godsend i use joy to key and i use every button there is on it and man casting techs as of now is baws.

VoltricScratch
Feb 20, 2013, 02:38 AM
aww come on ;~; its 9:30pm

Kitora
Feb 20, 2013, 02:39 AM
aww come on ;~; its 9:30pm
Itchin' aren't you?

VoltricScratch
Feb 20, 2013, 02:40 AM
i was gone for 4 in a half hours ;~;

Anduril
Feb 20, 2013, 02:43 AM
I do that on my FO had to HEAVILY MODIFY my new Saber Tooth 360 controller i bought which is dayum godsend i use joy to key and i use every button there is on it and man casting techs as of now is baws.
Wow, I just took a look at that controller, and I've to say I'd love to have one if I'd the money. Six extra buttons'd make the game so much more intuitive to play with a controller.

Zenobia
Feb 20, 2013, 02:48 AM
Wow, I just took a look at that controller, and I've to say I'd love to have one if I'd the money. Six extra buttons'd make the game so much more intuitive to play with a controller.

Exacta baby I have so much fun on that thing when im not playing with Yuri LOL trust me you wont regret it not one bit.

VoltricScratch
Feb 20, 2013, 02:49 AM
hehe go yuri x3 and yea i live on maui and its 9:50

DS23
Feb 20, 2013, 02:52 AM
lol, ANOTHER 99 grinders.

VoltricScratch
Feb 20, 2013, 02:59 AM
---------

Blackheart521
Feb 20, 2013, 03:00 AM
Servers are up

blace
Feb 20, 2013, 03:02 AM
Don't post links to the site with the patch, it goes against the forum rules.

1. Posting links to any form of client modification (e.g., "English patch," etc) is not allowed here. Asking for and/or exchanging the information via the PM system is also prohibited.

VoltricScratch
Feb 20, 2013, 03:06 AM
sorry >.< didnt know

blace
Feb 20, 2013, 03:07 AM
Edit your post.

Maronji
Feb 20, 2013, 03:09 AM
sorry >.< didnt know
*sigh* You know... If that was the only thing you did wrong, then that might be excusable, but...

A new core English Patch just went up a few minutes ago. You guys know where to get it.

To save on headaches, do not use the Large Files patch yet. That one still has to be checked.
Yeah. It's old news on top of that.

Anyone who uses the English Patch likely knows where to get it from in the first place, anyway.

blace
Feb 20, 2013, 03:11 AM
just pm for the link o3o
Already forgot the rules I posted?

1. Posting links to any form of client modification (e.g., "English patch," etc) is not allowed here. Asking for and/or exchanging the information via the PM system is also prohibited.

Yes, it is also prohibited to exchange via PM.

MetalDude
Feb 20, 2013, 03:14 AM
Ok, am I crazy or do swords swing a lot faster?

Blackheart521
Feb 20, 2013, 03:15 AM
Ok, am I crazy or do swords swing a lot faster?

I haven't tested this personally yet but that was supposed to happen this update.

UnLucky
Feb 20, 2013, 03:17 AM
Hm, I could still use a stricter double tap dash setting, but it's no longer atrocious anymore. I think I will keep it off.

MetalDude
Feb 20, 2013, 03:17 AM
I didn't see anything on actual attack speed, just gear building and PP recovery. Gear decay is still the same which is lousy, but buildup after the initial two or three hits (don't know why this still exists) is decent now.

Cyclon
Feb 20, 2013, 03:19 AM
On a completely different matter, am I the only one who lost HP with this update?

Edit:Yes...? Well, disregard this then.

blace
Feb 20, 2013, 03:25 AM
So Koffee now wants to see me, but what do I do now?

Just what are these icons? New matter board related stuff?
[spoiler-box]http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/7571/pso20130220012449000.png[/spoiler-box]

Edit: Found out it's to revisit yellow event tablets. Carry on.

Blackheart521
Feb 20, 2013, 03:32 AM
Anyone know what the new choice on the visiphones is? ^^;

VoltricScratch
Feb 20, 2013, 03:36 AM
umm im trying to make another account and i need someone to help me with the year month and date because it wont accpect a random

KuroNeko77
Feb 20, 2013, 03:41 AM
So Koffee now wants to see me, but what do I do now?

Just what are these icons? New matter board related stuff?
[spoiler-box]http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/7571/pso20130220012449000.png[/spoiler-box]

Edit: Found out it's to revisit yellow event tablets. Carry on.

Looks like it's related to the event matter board nods. I've seen that same icon in there.

Edit: Too slow I guess xD

blace
Feb 20, 2013, 03:42 AM
I already said that in the edit.

Now to find out what Koffee wants.

Edit: I talked to her as two characters, when I'm using Tesseract she has her normal voice, when I'm talking to her as Lorelie(currently level 25 HU/TE) her voice changes.

Blackheart521
Feb 20, 2013, 03:43 AM
Looks like it's related to the event matter board nods. I've seen that same icon in there.

They're kinda like the blue icons you get next to missions when they pertain to a CO, but the Matterboard equivalent ^^;

clubbedmink
Feb 20, 2013, 03:49 AM
ne 1 having issues loading in? it wont load up server 2 for me it just sits on the loading screen

Alisha
Feb 20, 2013, 03:51 AM
uhh i do not play on a laptop. this is what my pc looks like
http://en.community.dell.com/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/communityserver-blogs-components-weblogfiles/00-00-00-00-07/7282.X51-vert-and-horiz.jpg

but its situated near by bed on my tv stand. so ive not had problems playing Te/Hu so i dunno. im a console gamer so controller is always more natural for me.

Valkyrie Lovrina
Feb 20, 2013, 03:51 AM
Wow, Koffie's CO give a ton of EXP now and the boss killiing CO's only require 1 of each boss. to bad I already completed all of them and Dumans won't be comming for awhile. :(

Edit: also it seems my HP jumped by 20. with Noise Blower equiped I used to have 584 and now I have 604 with it equiped.

EvilMag
Feb 20, 2013, 04:19 AM
Read on bumped

When placing items from storage from the My Shop management menu, the game will now remember the previously selected storage box.
So that means they're actually gonna roll with that change in the shops soon?

Noc Codez
Feb 20, 2013, 06:53 AM
ne 1 having issues loading in? it wont load up server 2 for me it just sits on the loading screen

yea I am.. I'm stuck in the loading block screen.. seems some of my team mates are having the same issue

SkyeNorvil
Feb 20, 2013, 07:13 AM
Downloading patch now.

Did they fix the BGM bug yet ffs?

CelestialBlade
Feb 20, 2013, 07:14 AM
Didn't we have this issue before? Already seeing it happen a lot and it sounds a lot like the Infinite Blue Tunnel from a couple months ago.

Noc Codez
Feb 20, 2013, 07:19 AM
Didn't we have this issue before? Already seeing it happen a lot and it sounds a lot like the Infinite Blue Tunnel from a couple months ago.

is there anyway to fix this issue ? how was it fixed last time ?

Du1337
Feb 20, 2013, 07:20 AM
Can u put the GTM in there too next time? Lots of EU players as well:)

kabutozero
Feb 20, 2013, 07:29 AM
"Increased the rewards for the rare pattern of the Dark Falz Elder emergency trial." what does this mean? what rare pattern?

Also where I can find the double tap evasive action adjust option ? I Can't find it

BIG OLAF
Feb 20, 2013, 07:47 AM
Sorry if this was already answered, but this thread exploded overnight and I don't have the time to look through it right now:

What was the new little bit Koffie says to you when you enter the campship?

CelestialBlade
Feb 20, 2013, 07:51 AM
is there anyway to fix this issue ? how was it fixed last time ?
If I recall, they had to do an Emergency Maintenance to address it. If it's this widespread I would not be surprised if they do that again.

Maronji
Feb 20, 2013, 07:54 AM
If I recall, they had to do an Emergency Maintenance to address it. If it's this widespread I would not be surprised if they do that again.

From what I'm aware (and what was posted on another thread), it's a side-effect of using the current Large Files patch. It needs to be updated, so using it is not advisable at this time.

Hrith
Feb 20, 2013, 08:09 AM
Apparently, some retarded motherfucking moron at SEGA thought it would be a good idea to change button configuration, over eight months into the game.

Is there any way to change it back, somehow? They have made it impossible to change weapons for me: it used to be 'accept' to change weapons, now it's 'attack' or 'PA', and the 'accept' button FUCKING CANCELS the action.

Ezodagrom
Feb 20, 2013, 08:36 AM
Downloading patch now.

Did they fix the BGM bug yet ffs?
According to the patch notes, yes, they fixed it.

Z-0
Feb 20, 2013, 09:45 AM
Oh boy, just read the patch notes.

Great list of changes.

Arialle
Feb 20, 2013, 09:48 AM
i need help.... i got the precede patch files on bumped and copied the files over so why is it that everytime after files check i get this error... i seem to be needing to patch 44 files but it wont even start...before it would this error pop up would appear
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/4074/erroreb.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/62/erroreb.png/)

Ezodagrom
Feb 20, 2013, 10:30 AM
i need help.... i got the precede patch files on bumped and copied the files over so why is it that everytime after files check i get this error... i seem to be needing to patch 44 files but it wont even start...before it would this error pop up would appear
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/4074/erroreb.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/62/erroreb.png/)
Probably there's alot of people trying to update their game, so that error happens. Keep trying, maybe it'll eventually work.

Arialle
Feb 20, 2013, 10:42 AM
Probably there's alot of people trying to update their game, so that error happens. Keep trying, maybe it'll eventually work.

mehhh im fine with retrying but every retry the patcher has the file check everything again >_<

Angry_Ryudo
Feb 20, 2013, 10:54 AM
I already said that in the edit.

Now to find out what Koffee wants.

Edit: I talked to her as two characters, when I'm using Tesseract she has her normal voice, when I'm talking to her as Lorelie(currently level 25 HU/TE) her voice changes.

I think that it means that Koffee has at least happy face icon with one of your chars and neutral with the other.

Z-0
Feb 20, 2013, 11:40 AM
They've changed the Elder Set effect:

The three units give +90 to all attacks in a set. No PP bonus. Weapons do not give any additional effects. Weapon cannot be used as the third part of the set.

:\

However, SEGA have addressed this (http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/?id=944) and say it will be fixed.

EDIT: Black wing set now gives 70 HP and 60 DEX instead of 50 HP and 40 DEX like before.

MetalDude
Feb 20, 2013, 12:56 PM
I'm always curious how you break things like stats. From a coding perspective, it makes zero sense since you should be pulling stats from a data table that shouldn't be remotely related to anything else that was changed in the game.

Massamix3.0
Feb 20, 2013, 01:32 PM
Not having the easiest time connecting to the game after the patch. I appear to be stuck in the warp tunnel. Not sure if it's just my ISP or something is wrong. This happening to anyone else?

ace boogey
Feb 20, 2013, 01:40 PM
ive also been stuck in the warp tunnel. i tried restarting and the same thing happened again when i signed in..my guys really dizzy atm :-o

The Walrus
Feb 20, 2013, 01:43 PM
Did you use the Large Files patch? Cause you shouldn't have used it this week it needs to be updated.

ace boogey
Feb 20, 2013, 01:47 PM
oops :-( is there a fix or a way to get the old files back?

Z-0
Feb 20, 2013, 01:48 PM
File Check (3rd button on the launcher).

Also new latents have been added. Shame they all suck, and most of them are on absolutely terrible weapons.

MetalDude
Feb 20, 2013, 01:56 PM
Are they the PA-boosting latents that Sakai had mentioned before?

Z-0
Feb 20, 2013, 02:00 PM
Nope. Stuff like:

Flame Mastery (Club of Laconium, +14% at L3), Ice Mastery (Ditto on Adaman), Elemental Weak Hit on HS25 Justices, Aerial Advance on Cross Scar (lol), increase effect of mates (clock rod -- this one might be cool), super weak brave stance damage (Gunslash Zero), rate of affixes dropping (MKB and BKB -- this one I quite like).

And some more: http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E6%BD%9C%E5%9C%A8%E8%83%BD%E5%8A%9B

MetalDude
Feb 20, 2013, 02:03 PM
Elemental Weak Hit on HS25 Justices, Aerial Advance on Cross Scar (lol)

Wha...

How do you take a somewhat decent opportunity to make weapons unique and useful like in PSO1 and fuck it up that badly?

gigawuts
Feb 20, 2013, 02:34 PM
Oh my god these affixes are a fucking joke.

It's like they're writing a How-To guide for themselves to read in '99 when working on PSO1, except it's a How-Not-To.

I guess now we know latents aren't what's meant to give weapons utility roles. Nothing is meant to give weapons utility roles :wacko:

jooozek
Feb 20, 2013, 02:39 PM
i guess
they
applied rng
at deciding what to put where
</badumtsh>

The Walrus
Feb 20, 2013, 02:50 PM
http://gemakei.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/clap-gif.gif

Cyclon
Feb 20, 2013, 02:56 PM
Set bonus for the spike set seems to have been removed entirely. Dunno if it's a bug.

The Walrus
Feb 20, 2013, 03:06 PM
They would remove the bonus for my non-rare melee set of choice :/

UnLucky
Feb 20, 2013, 03:14 PM
Nope. Stuff like:

Flame Mastery (Club of Laconium, +14% at L3), Ice Mastery (Ditto on Adaman), Elemental Weak Hit on HS25 Justices, Aerial Advance on Cross Scar (lol), increase effect of mates (clock rod -- this one might be cool), super weak brave stance damage (Gunslash Zero), rate of affixes dropping (MKB and BKB -- this one I quite like).

And some more: http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E6%BD%9C%E5%9C%A8%E8%83%BD%E5%8A%9B

Elysium increases uncharged techs? hahaha

A launcher with +1% crit rate during Brave Stance? What? Huh? The fuck?

Z-0
Feb 20, 2013, 03:15 PM
now best launcher in game

B> photon launcher

blace
Feb 20, 2013, 03:40 PM
I think that it means that Koffee has at least happy face icon with one of your chars and neutral with the other.

Huh. Doesn't make sense in the slightest. I'll see if her icon has changed.

Arialle
Feb 20, 2013, 06:04 PM
even like 10 hours later i still get the error 12002 no.103 after file checking and starting to patch

is it really a matter or keep trying till u get it as the server traffic is high or there is really something wrong with my side

UnLucky
Feb 20, 2013, 06:19 PM

I'm still reeling over this.

A Ranger exclusive weapon with a Fighter exclusive bonus that gives only 1% crit rate some of the time

SEGA

NoiseHERO
Feb 20, 2013, 06:27 PM
Yeah I always wondered why people would even bothered with spending another 8 mil worth of grinders on a weapon that gives you a SMALL bonus... for... ANOTHER WEAPON. SOMETIMES.

But then I remembered that they don't...

And for the few "useful" skills they cost 30 mil in player shops.

gigawuts
Feb 20, 2013, 06:43 PM
I'm still reeling over this.

A Ranger exclusive weapon with a Fighter exclusive bonus that gives only 1% crit rate some of the time

SEGA

But wait, it gets better.

This is on an ordinary Photon Launcher.

Which is outperformed by a 5*.

And it also has 8* grind rates.

This is seriously latents in a nutshell. This is the posterchild for why latents are dumb.

Ezodagrom
Feb 20, 2013, 11:03 PM
Oh, wow, they added a new lobby music for when the Dark Falz EQ is active.

Xaeris
Feb 20, 2013, 11:50 PM
Yeah, I just noticed. I really like it. It reminds me of...hmm...an Angel attack?

gigawuts
Feb 21, 2013, 12:01 AM
I liked it at first, it was kind of novel, but after even just 10 minutes it's a bit...eh...

I wish these things had a list that you could enable/disable.

Arialle
Feb 21, 2013, 12:03 AM
just a question regarding the error 12002 no 103 update problem...as far as i have read its just a connection or traffic issue that i only need to keep retrying till i get it....but is it normal that my patch always stuck at the first file download and before the bar even moves i get the error?

Alisha
Feb 21, 2013, 12:05 AM

i think that effects wand gear explosions

Ezodagrom
Feb 21, 2013, 12:18 AM
Yeah, I just noticed. I really like it. It reminds me of...hmm...an Angel attack?
Uploaded it. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2RkMPltLh8

I completely forgot to turn off steam before recording though, so early on there's the notification sound of me receiving a steam message. :|

Alisha
Feb 21, 2013, 12:36 AM
meh this should play instead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjTjYMzaI_8

Soultrigger
Feb 21, 2013, 01:53 AM
rate of affixes dropping (MKB and BKB -- this one I quite like).

MKB base price now 2mil. Wish I saw this sooner. ;_;

Alenoir
Feb 21, 2013, 02:16 AM
Set bonus for the spike set seems to have been removed entirely. Dunno if it's a bug.

Bug. Most of the sets are effected. (Some are nerfed to hell and some got randomly buffed.)

Maronji
Feb 21, 2013, 02:31 AM
Not sure if anyone noticed or mentioned this, but they seem to have stealth-patched Naberius TA 1. The last two shortcut switch rooms don't seem to spawn Garongos at the end anymore.

Also, am I just having acute memory failure again or am I not really feeling the Hunter changes at all (or, if I am, they're not significant enough for me to feel the difference)?

UnLucky
Feb 21, 2013, 02:44 AM
i think that effects wand gear explosions
I... doubt that. But that would be real interesting if it did. It's just too bad uncharged techs don't build up wand gear. And uncharged techs are garbage. And wands are garbage.

Hrith
Feb 21, 2013, 10:15 AM
Also, am I just having acute memory failure again or am I not really feeling the Hunter changes at all (or, if I am, they're not significant enough for me to feel the difference)?I feel the same. I'm hunter at the moment so I immediately tested that yesterday. I can feel the change in PP recovery per swing, but the JA timing does not feel any different, and the Gear gauges do not feel like they fill up faster. In fact, I used to swing my WL a full combo before having one gauge filled, now I have to swing... a full combo to fill one gauge. Wonderful.

Arialle
Feb 21, 2013, 10:33 AM
oh god 2 days still and im trying to patch with the 12002 error >_< */flips table*

TheDeFiler
Feb 21, 2013, 10:43 AM
I read in the patch notes that the requirements for Hans COs were lowered but when I was doing the one where you had to kill 60 Digg it was still....well 60. Is it because I was in the middle of the quest before the patch installed? Because I don't see a difference in his COs.

Ezodagrom
Feb 21, 2013, 11:30 AM
I read in the patch notes that the requirements for Hans COs were lowered but when I was doing the one where you had to kill 60 Digg it was still....well 60. Is it because I was in the middle of the quest before the patch installed? Because I don't see a difference in his COs.
It's not the number of enemies needed that changed, but the level requirement for certain COs that changed (for example, some COs that needed lvl 31+ enemies before may now need lvl 21+ enemies).

TheDeFiler
Feb 22, 2013, 11:26 AM
It's not the number of enemies needed that changed, but the level requirement for certain COs that changed (for example, some COs that needed lvl 31+ enemies before may now need lvl 21+ enemies).

Gotcha thanks for the info.

Z-0
Feb 22, 2013, 01:14 PM
For anyone wondering about the "rare pattern" rewards -- you get Iritista stones (sometimes) from Red Codes at Falz.

No idea if anyone addressed this query.

Ezodagrom
Feb 25, 2013, 01:03 PM
Other than some Koffie COs now giving exp and the difficulty and fighter/gunner/techer unlock COs now only needing 1 boss each instead of 3~5, in this update there was another change to Koffie COs that I only noticed now.

While I had unlocked the first Ruins quest with my ranger before this update, I only went through the quest today, and, as soon as I completed the quest, I got the warning that I had a new Koffie CO, the Ruins Exploration unlock CO.
Basically this means that now we don't have to complete all the quests to get the Koffie COs to unlock free fields or areas, the CO is unlocked as soon as we unlock the first quest required by the CO.

(For example, before a new player would have to complete all 4 forest quests to get the CO to unlock forest exploration, but now, as soon as that player unlocks the 3rd forest quest, that is, after completing the first 2 forest quests, he can start the forest exploration unlock CO right away).

Coatl
Feb 25, 2013, 01:07 PM
Other than some Koffie COs now giving exp and the difficulty and fighter/gunner/techer unlock COs now only needing 1 boss each instead of 3~5, in this update there was another change to Koffie COs that I only noticed now.

While I had unlocked the first Ruins quest with my ranger before this update, I only went through the quest today, and, as soon as I completed the quest, I got the warning that I had a new Koffie CO, the Ruins Exploration unlock CO.
Basically this means that now we don't have to complete all the quests to get the Koffie COs to unlock free fields or areas, the CO is unlocked as soon as we unlock the first quest required by the CO.

(For example, before a new player would have to complete all 4 forest quests to get the CO to unlock forest exploration, but now, as soon as that player unlocks the 3rd forest quest, that is, after completing the first 2 forest quests, he can start the forest exploration unlock CO right away).

Does that work for TAs too? :s
The current way of unlocking the TACOS are really annoying, and it's not a fun experience for every person new to TAs.

Ezodagrom
Feb 25, 2013, 01:14 PM
Does that work for TAs too? :s
The current way of unlocking the TACOS are really annoying, and it's not a fun experience for every person new to TAs.
No idea, since I've already unlocked TACOs with my characters, I can't check it. :x

UnLucky
Feb 25, 2013, 01:29 PM
Just unlocked TA COs on a new character.

TAs themselves unlock with the area.

Nab TACOs all unlock when you complete a Nab TA on any difficulty.

Lili TACOs unlock when you turn in the Nab TACO of the same difficulty.

Haven't gotten far enough to get the rest, but I believe this is the same as it always was, yes?

Ezodagrom
Feb 25, 2013, 01:56 PM
Just unlocked TA COs on a new character.

TAs themselves unlock with the area.

Nab TACOs all unlock when you complete a Nab TA on any difficulty.

Lili TACOs unlock when you turn in the Nab TACO of the same difficulty.

Haven't gotten far enough to get the rest, but I believe this is the same as it always was, yes?
TAs unlock with the area, you mean, you unlocked the TAs when you unlocked the first quest for the area? For example, did you get the naberius TA when you unlocked the 1st tundra quest?
(The way it worked before was getting access to a TA after completing the last normal quest for the area. For example, unlocking Nab TA after completing the De Malmoth quest).

Also, you say that Lillipa TACO unlocked when you turned in the Nab TACO, have you completed the Lillipa TA before turning in the Nab TACO?
(From what I've been told, before we had to complete each TA once to get access to its CO, dunno for sure though, since I completed each of the TAs once before starting the COs).

UnLucky
Feb 25, 2013, 02:33 PM
Oh, uh, I don't think I had up to Free Tundra, I forget now. :X

But I did Nab1 N TA (no CO), which unlocked the TACOs, then did Nab1 H TA w/CO.
After that, I did Lili N TA, which unlocked the H TACO, but not the N TACO, because I didn't complete the Nab1 N TACO.

Ezodagrom
Feb 25, 2013, 04:53 PM
Oh, uh, I don't think I had up to Free Tundra, I forget now. :X
Forgot that I didn't have Nab II yet with my ranger, just unlocked it once I completed the 3rd Ruins quest, so this didn't change then, TAs are unlocked after the final normal quest is done for the area (3rd tundra quest, 3rd tunnels quest, 3rd skyland quest, 3rd ruins quest).

UnLucky
Feb 26, 2013, 03:50 AM
Hm, I've got NabII unlocked, but no COs for any of it, despite doing it once on N and turning in all other N TACOs. Do you know what unlocks that exactly?

Syklo
Feb 26, 2013, 03:55 AM
If you haven't cleared it once and completed amduscia normal TACO......then I have no clue.

UnLucky
Feb 26, 2013, 12:50 PM
Yeah, I just did NabI/Lili/Amd in a row all on Normal and turned in the COs for each on Normal as well. Some I did on Hard earlier, but not all of them. Did a CO-less run of NabII on Normal right after and nothing happened.

I heard sometimes it just doesn't count for whatever reason and to just do it again/do it on Hard, but I dunno.

Seemed pretty straightforward when I already had all the areas unlocked, but I don't actually think it's changed much since then.

Coatl
Feb 26, 2013, 01:00 PM
You don't need the area unlocked to unlock all the TACOS. Someone else who has the TA quests unlocked can get you the TACOs unlocked.

To unlock Nab I Tacos, you had to have completed Nab I once.
To unlock Lilipa Tacos, you had to have completed the Nab I CO and run Lilipa once.
To unlock Amduscia tacos, you had to have completed the lilipa taco and run amduscia once.
And it follows the same pattern with Nab II.

At least, that's how I unlocked the Tacos for like 10+ people. But I haven't unlocked any Tacos after the maint, so I can't say if anything has changed or not.