PDA

View Full Version : Item How much will you pay for grinders?

Klypto
Feb 19, 2013, 09:28 PM
Do you buy grinders?

Why buy them so high?

Do you sell them?

Why sell them so low?

How far can the price go up until it's just too much for you? :P
[spoiler-box]
http://i.imgur.com/2GchYUj.png

Green - (the only thing that will matter to most of you) lowest price in record set

Blue - Average price per item in record set
Red - highest price in record set
Pink - volume of items in record set
light purple - number of records taken (starting from cheapest)
[/spoiler-box]

I'm just curious because I don't actually grind, I always buy my stuff maxed out. (have yet to get a 10* / set I like)

But sometimes there's days where people buy this stuff and I'm like... geez, do you really need them now that badly?

Zenobia
Feb 19, 2013, 09:32 PM
I never have to buy when i have like 5k stacks of em in my inventory >.> and not to mention im steadily getting alot from AQ so LMFAO.

Vintasticvin
Feb 19, 2013, 09:49 PM
I don't buy my grinders... They are magically attracted to me...

BIG OLAF
Feb 19, 2013, 09:53 PM
Nothing. They're easy to find, and SEGA gives you stacks for free.

Klypto
Feb 19, 2013, 09:54 PM
So why do people buy them? D:

Who on earth is my crazy customer base? Bots and market fools?

The Walrus
Feb 19, 2013, 09:55 PM
I don't buy grinders. I still have over 700 and I have yet to use more than 200 to get something to 10 and that was just an Elder Fist :D

CelestialBlade
None. I'm sitting on around 800 and I've sold hundreds of them in my time. I only +10 stuff I know I'm going to be using for a long time and +5-7 everything else, so I usually don't burn through millions of meseta and grinders.

Ezodagrom
I don't buy grinders, I store them for a while and then I may end up selling them when I may need meseta for stuff like clothes or lobby actions (while keeping around 50 of them in each of my characters).

Inazuma
Feb 19, 2013, 10:03 PM
I've never bought grinders. Even if I didn't get thousands of grinders each months from FUN scratch and grinder campaigns, I would get a hundred a day just by playing. I dunno who is buying all the grinders, but I am very happy they are. Selling grinders is probably my main source of income.

Klypto
Feb 19, 2013, 10:13 PM
Maybe it's dudu.

He spends all the money he steals from everyone with his incompetence to buy all grinders back so he can sleep well at night... through a conglomerate 3rd party...

dunno it's still weird.

Soultrigger
Feb 19, 2013, 10:53 PM
It's kind of obvious why people buy Grinders. Grinders are a secondary currency necessitated by Dudu. People often turn all their Grinders into Meseta but then find that they need Grinders again, so they end up buying it when they run low.

Usually you won't find F2P players buying them because they can't afford them and they're generally content with the amount they have from running quests/promos.

In the past back when Dudu was significantly more painful, buying Grinders and grinding your own equipment was actually far better than buying premade +10, in the long run sense. There's a reason why people made fortunes simply reselling rares, and it isn't because they have the most magical Dudu luck in the world.

Zorafim
Feb 19, 2013, 10:55 PM
None. I'm sitting on around 800 and I've sold hundreds of them in my time. I only +10 stuff I know I'm going to be using for a long time and +5-7 everything else, so I usually don't burn through millions of meseta and grinders.

Give me some ; ;

CelestialBlade
Feb 19, 2013, 11:07 PM
Give me some ; ;
But that would require me to pay money so I can hand things to you.

Come on, you should know I'm a cheapass by now!

supersonix9
Feb 19, 2013, 11:14 PM
the effort that it takes to just go out and hunt for them

Rien
Feb 19, 2013, 11:20 PM
I wanna sell my stack of 999 grinders for 8400 (tax included)

but at the same time I want people to actually make a purchase :C

Klypto
Feb 19, 2013, 11:28 PM
I wanna sell my stack of 999 grinders for 8400 (tax included)

but at the same time I want people to actually make a purchase :C
yeah, not happening.

Noblewine
Feb 19, 2013, 11:44 PM
You have to buy them now, so does that mean grinders don't drop randomly from boxes or enemies? Noobish question since I haven't attempted to sign up for the jp server.

Blackheart521
Feb 19, 2013, 11:47 PM
You have to buy them now, so does that mean grinders don't drop randomly from boxes or enemies? Noobish question since I haven't attempted to sign up for the jp server.

No, they still drop, this thread is talking about buying them from other players' shops with meseta.

Klypto
Feb 19, 2013, 11:47 PM
No they definitely do drop, but random people still buy large amounts at high prices.

Btw, anyone have any ideas as to how the RMT market (bot?) traders work? I've had a few of them buy some things from me that I know is a guaranteed 5%+ loss no matter what happens. If I can get more of them to do really dumb stuff like that I'd be pretty happy.

Xaeris
Feb 19, 2013, 11:48 PM
Nah, they still drop in the field. Some people may not find that to be a sufficient supply for their needs though. People who take extended breaks from the game and come back for updates, I guess. Anyone who plays regularly shouldn't have this problem.

Goukezitsu
Feb 19, 2013, 11:55 PM
Some people don't use locks or -1s to grind. It takes 1000 grinders to get a 10* to 10 with raw grinding alone most of the time. It takes up to 300 to get a 9* to 10 on average. There's been an influx of 10*s which are really unforgiving to grind so people buy more grinders. If you don't grind to 10*s to 10 or don't find 10*s you more than likely don't have this problem and have tons of grinders because you probably don't grind anyway or have finished your sets.

Some people also pick fights with dudu and form a vendetta about grinding and try forcing it there expending 10s of millions in the process. Ive seen it happen lol.

Noblewine
Feb 20, 2013, 12:02 AM
No, they still drop, this thread is talking about buying them from other players' shops with meseta.

Sorry I misread the topic. Thanks for explaining it to me.