PDA

View Full Version : Petition to SEGA for PSO2 West update

Pages : [1] 2

pso2love
Feb 20, 2013, 02:12 PM
UPDATE 1/7/2015 https://www.change.org/p/regarding-phantasy-star-online-2-na-eu-localization-and-release/u/9227226

Despite the vote to end this petition a couple years ago, there has been a rising concern to re-open this petition. So as of right now, this petition has been re-opened to continue to ask SEGA for an update. For those who have signed already, which is mostly why you're seeing this message, please consider re-sharing this petition.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________________
It is unfortunate that I am writing you today. The vote passed 25-14 to discontinue this petition, and therefore will be closed.

I leave you with this message:

First of all, you all have shown great interest to keep at SEGA Of America to get them to talk more about PSO2 West... which is the main thing they are lacking... Communication! I took time out of my busy schedule everyday to message people and spread the info around, getting people to talk about this game more, asking people such as Edward@SEGA to give the fans more info... and what it has come down to... is this... SEGA Of America are at the mercy of SEGA Of Japan, and are not allowed to say or do anything PSO2 related unless they say so. That, and it was obvious that they couldn't keep the "early 2013" schedule.

So, you say that this petition won't help anymore, or it has already served it's purpose... Ok, I'll give you that. However, it doesn't stop here. Since you decided to stop this petition, then I ask that you find other ways of getting SEGA's attention, and continue to spread awareness of PSO2 West, so that there will be more anticipation... because if there are enough fans on their social networks, and they see the numbers that are ready, that would give them reason to expedite the game even more.

I'm simply asking you, my fellow fans, to come up with an idea and act on it. If it is making a video, blogging, music creation/remixing phantasy star music, fanart, fanfiction, anything you can do to share PSO2 and the fact that it may or may not see release in the west to everyone... DO IT! And if you can't seem to think of anything to contribute, then simply find and share what is being done with others.

As of this message, we reached 725 signers. That is more than 4x the amount of signers from previous petitions for this game. I want to thank each and everyone of you for your willingness to let your voice be heard. The ball has always been in SEGA's court...

At this point, whenever they decide to tell us more info, they could either surprise us, or disappoint. I choose to continue to inform others about this game. Whether or not SEGA of America will come through, is yet to be. Once again, thank you for your help, and your patience with me as the addendum was being revised numerous times. If this title gets canceled in the west, then I can at least say I did something worth my time. If this title eventually comes, and is well delivered, then I will see my fellow Arks there.

Sincerely,
pso2love
aka
DJ Ecliptik

Edward@SEGA, if you are reading this, we are not upset with you. You're doing a great job with what you have been given, we understand this completely now. :)

Just wanted to say thank you to those who have already signed. The next few weeks are somewhat crucial. We need this petition shared far and wide!

Re-tweet this please. Thanks! :3
http://twitter.com/PsowKion/status/310977939535708160

http://www.change.org/petitions/mike-hayes-of-sega-of-america-and-sega-of-europe-sega-west-regarding-phantasy-star-online-2-na-eu-localization-and-release

UPDATED: Now live! click on the link above.

There is an option, rather a few options on the petition, that whenever someone signs it, it will email the person/s that the petition is addressed to. Right now, I only have "[email protected]" for SoA/SoE. I need to find out the email address for SoJ as well as who to address it to over there.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My thanks goes out to Anduril & FaithY for the edit and cleanup, as well as Kion for the Japanese translation. I'm posting it here so that people wouldn't have to navigate through pages to look at it.

July 9th, 2012: Just five days after the official release in Japan, the official announcement for Phantasy Star Online 2's NA/EU (West) version was made. The official press release stated a release date of "2013" with some sites, including PSO-world.com, one of the largest English Phantasy Star fan communities, reporting "Early 2013". Following this, SEGA of America created a "Teaser" site (www.pso2.com), and a partially translated demo was presented at PAX 2012. Since then, there has not been any updates regarding a release.

It is now two months into the year 2013, and fans are still awaiting some news about the western release of PSO2. Many fans are excited for the western release, however, the silence from SEGA has raised concerns with the fans.

Many questions which fans have remain unanswered:
Will the game feature dubbed voice work? How complete is the text translation? Will the mobile phone and Sony Playstation Vita versions also see release? Will there be a gap between content the western version has upon release and what is currently implemented in the Japanese version?

The fans understand that it requires time, money, and resources to create a localized product that both developers and players will be satisfied with. We want to see Phantasy Star Online 2 succeed in the west. We ask that you would be so kind as to give us an update of the current progress.

2012年7月9日、ファンタジースターオンライン2が日本に開催されてから5日間後にファンタジース ター オンライン2の英語版が2013年の頭にでる発表されました。それからはpso2.jpが立ち上がれ、PA X2012年に簡単なデモが見せられた以上は日本外のリリースの情報はいっさい出てません。

2013年になってからもう3ヶ月が経ち、ファンはまだ進行報告を待ってます。皆は出るんだと信じたい です が、セガからの情報がなくてファンが不安を感じるようになってきました。

まだ知らないことが多く、ダビングの言語の選択は可能?翻訳はどこまで進んでる?モバイル版とPS・Vit a版も開催されますか?コンテンツは日本と比べて遅くくるんですか?

ファンのほうではゲームの開発は開発者とプレイヤーが満足できるようなゲームをローカライズを するにはかな り時間と金が必要だとわかります。こっちこそファンタジースターオンライン2をアメリカとヨー ロッパで成功 させたいのです。ゲームの進行はどこまで進んでるかわかるように、せめて状況を知らせて欲しい です。

RagolianHunter
Feb 20, 2013, 02:29 PM
Just wondering why do you even think that this would be read? They owe you nothing. Not trying to be rude, but seriously if they wanted to provide information they would. Additionally if they spend time responding to this then less time is being put on getting the Western release. They provide a product/service customers buy in if they want or walk away if they don't. I'm betting that there won't even be a western release at this point. But then again who knows.....only SEGA.

Back to the question at hand. Perhaps you could just use google translate?
Best of luck with this and hopefully you will get a response but I for one would not hold my breath waiting.

Jim
Feb 20, 2013, 02:34 PM
As I understand it, SoA have basically come out and said they want to give us updates, but it's the Japanese Sega that's ignoring the fans. Unfortunately, if you want the petition to carry any weight, you might want to get it translated into Japanese.

Either way, what the hell, I'd sign it.

Vintasticvin
Feb 20, 2013, 02:39 PM
No, no, no , no , NO! As much as I would love to get news and info myseld we can't as Mister Edward kindly told us in the past his superiors gave them strict orders to not say a word of til they are permitted and even he himself knows nothing :< Just sit and wait or play on JP til then.

Karen Erra
Feb 20, 2013, 02:42 PM
As I understand it, SoA have basically come out and said they want to give us updates, but it's the Japanese Sega that's ignoring the fans. Unfortunately, if you want the petition to carry any weight, you might want to get it translated into Japanese.

Either way, what the hell, I'd sign it.

I wonder why everyone always blames SoJ for everything? more likely it's SoA not getting stuff done. Every PSO/PSU game was already dead when it came out in US/EU/whereverthefuckisnotsupportedbysegaofjapan. I wonder why still so many people want to start playing on servers that gonna be shut down most likely 3-4 years after they are opened. Have fun, people :P

Also, I don't think SEGA will give a **** about such a thing. They owe the people nothing. So I wonder why they even should care.

Well now I'm prepared to getting Post-raped because I'm talking bad about the fabolous SoA. *grabs popcorn* :)

Laxedrane
Feb 20, 2013, 02:43 PM
First off, address this petition to both Sega of America AND Japan. If you put together a very well written petition even address it to Sakai himself.

Do not fall back on insults, be respectful but stern in the way you word it.

Do not bring up past statements by Sega. If this gets enough attention for them to answer they can easily latch on to that part of the petition, talk circles around what they said and completely ignore the heart of the matter.(You can bring up the game is suppose to be out these year and we don't have what quarter it will be in.)

Don't make any demands. It's easy to do so in these kinds of petitions to fall into sentences including the words "Deserve" "Owe" etc. Don't use such terminology. Nothing makes a petition sound more petty and childish then using words like that.

Lastly to do with this topic alone, is don't get over defensive. You are going to get nay-sayers and pessimist, fighting with them will turn off others. If you find yourself repeating what you've already said, then most of the time it's just better to just stop. And concentrate on rallying the support you do have to get more signatures.

jooozek
Feb 20, 2013, 02:44 PM
I wonder why everyone always blames SoJ for everything?

never i thought i'd read something like this
never ever

Laxedrane
Feb 20, 2013, 02:47 PM
I wonder why everyone always blames SoJ for everything? more likely it's SoA not getting stuff done. Every PSO/PSU game was already dead when it came out in US/EU/whereverthefuckisnotsupportedbysegaofjapan. I wonder why still so many people want to start playing on servers that gonna be shut down most likely 3-4 years after they are opened. Have fun, people :P

Also, I don't think SEGA will give a **** about such a thing. They owe the people nothing. So I wonder why they even should care.

Well now I'm prepared to getting Post-raped because I'm talking bad about the fabolous SoA. *grabs popcorn* :)

Huh? What forum you been posting in? Everyone here always is calling SoA hacks and incompetent.

The Walrus
Feb 20, 2013, 02:47 PM
This is the dumbest petition. They'll fill y'all in when they have something worth telling. It's probably not their biggest priority right now so just give it time. If nothing is shown for it by the end of E3 then y'all should start this

Karen Erra
Feb 20, 2013, 02:49 PM
never i thought i'd read something like this
never ever

You read that because I don't like SoA anymore. When I started playing on JP PSU after SoA was so kind to kill the US/EU Servers, I realized how much better things on JP go. It's just sad, that there is so much difference between the servers supported by SoA and SoJ.
I never will go back on any SoA game. Not wasting my money in a pointless game that will be shut down in no time.

@ Laxedrane:

I was getting nagged by so much people already for saying the SoA is complete... well I won't say the word. So I just prepare to be in the middle of a war o:

pso2love
Feb 20, 2013, 02:56 PM
This is what it looks like so far.

"July 9th, 2012 Just five days after the official release in Japan, you finally make the official announcement for Phantasy Star Online 2 to be released/localized in NA/EU (West). Sure, we noticed that in the official press release it says "2013", and even PSO-world.com is confused about getting the info first, saying "Early 2013". SEGA of America puts up a "Teaser" site (www.pso2.com) and shows off a partially translated demo at PAX 2012. After this, we have not heard anything from SEGA of America nor SEGA of Europe about this game. Your previous silence before your announcement of PSO2 West has led the fans to petition you once before, and now after another 6 months your silence of PSO2 West has led the fans to petition you once again.

It is now 2013. January came and went. We are almost finished with February. We, the fans, want to know the legitimate reasons for SEGA being silent, yet again.

Have you been dubbing voice actors into English? Are you working simultaneously with SoJ to get PSO2 west up-to-date with the Japanese version? Is translating the text from Japanese to English taking up most of your time? Are you also working on bringing the PS Vita version at the moment? These are legitimate questions that need to be answered to show signs of continued progress. Stating that this is a Free-To-Play game will not be accepted as an excuse for not giving us an update, as you will be making money through micro-transactions.

We fully understand that it's takes time, money, and resources to localize a product. But, a point such as that is moot. Without doing such work how can you expect to make a profit off your franchise's fanbase? It's beginning to feel as if you've been forgetting your company's prime directive. You are not Sega of Japan. You may produce your own titles, but that is not why you exist. You exist to localize the games produced by Sega of Japan and get them out to the rest of the world. Japan is a small country. The profit one could make off of consumer's there alone is miniscule compared to the profit you would make by making a title available to the rest of the world. Considering that you've always had a large and loyal fanbase in North America, Europe, and Australia, you're basically turning your nose up to easy money. If you somehow fail to understand that you make for a very poor businessman. This is not meant to be an insult, it's meant to open your eyes. We WANT you to succeed, because your success means our pleasure. Please do the fans a favor, and send us an update. How about hyping the fans about contents? Contents well help keep your fans hopes alive until release date."

Anduril
Feb 20, 2013, 02:59 PM
I'll do a quick edit pass for you. *please hold*

EDIT: Honestly, looking through it, the entire thing reads a bit whiny and entitled.

scarecrow36
Feb 20, 2013, 03:01 PM
dont waste you time

also
]
I blame soa if I was them I would push the blame on soj just like they are doing so they wouldn't have to deal with NA players crying

pso2love
Feb 20, 2013, 03:14 PM
I'll do a quick edit pass for you. *please hold*

EDIT: Honestly, looking through it, the entire thing reads a bit whiny and entitled.

Then how would you word it?

Jim
Feb 20, 2013, 03:17 PM
Because of the legal situation, we can't confidently assign blame to SoJ or SoA. Though, I would think that whoever's fault it is, SoJ would be the ones to talk to.

We need something that lets them know we're serious in a respectful manner instead of something whiney and entitled like "It's been 6 months. You guys are dicks." Look to the Half Life 3 protest (http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/715572/half-life-3-protest-provokes-smile-an-interview/) for inspiration.

Sierhiet
Feb 20, 2013, 03:21 PM

I think your a bit misinformed.

RagolianHunter
Feb 20, 2013, 03:23 PM
Does sound very whiny and entitled I agree. Additionally putting down the person/company that you are petitioning is not a good idea. Perhaps you should just send them an e-mail requesting an update. Then do it again once a week. Ask you friends to do the same and perhaps if they get enough mailings they might answer. No one like a long read and if you don't hold the readers attention it WILL be tossed aside. You should be quick and direct and to the point if you want the ready to actually finish the read.

A simple: Good Day, any update on the .......I am highly anticipating its release.
Thank you..... (See my point.)

You read it and quickly understand it cause you are not clouded by put down, rants and length of the message.

So perhaps instead of a petition, just have loads of people mail them on a regular basis. Be sure to switch up the message title and content to be sure it gets read.

If you want things in life make it simple, simple as possible for the giver to give.

Hope this makes sense. That hippy shit from the 60's doesn't work anymore even in petition form.

UnLucky
Feb 20, 2013, 03:25 PM
This is what it looks like to me.

"We want info and we want it now.

You have no excuse not to give us updates.

Your[sic] an idiot, we deserve better, or do you not want my money?"

Anduril
Feb 20, 2013, 03:26 PM
Then how would you word it?
So far I've gone through the first part.

July 9th, 2012: Just five days after launch in Japan, the official announcement for Phantasy Star Online 2's NA/EU (West) version was made. The official press release stated a release date of "2013" with some sites, including PSO-world.com, one of the largest English Phantasy Star fan communities, reporting "Early 2013". Following this, SEGA of America created a "Teaser" site (www.pso2.com (http://www.pso2.com/)), and a partially translated demo was presented at PAX 2012. Since then, there has not been a single piece of substantial news regarding the game's release.

It is now two months into the year 2013, and fans are still awaiting some news about the western release of PSO2. Many have become disheartened and jaded, wondering if the silence means that the game may never see release.

pso2love
Feb 20, 2013, 03:28 PM
Because of the legal situation, we can't confidently assign blame to SoJ or SoA. Though, I would think that whoever's fault it is, SoJ would be the ones to talk to.

We need something that lets them know we're serious in a respectful manner instead of something whiney and entitled like "It's been 6 months. You guys are dicks."

I didn't say SEGA were dicks. "Whiney and entitled" is not what I'm writing about. I'm just merely asking them to give us an update as to why another silence period, or just a simple, "what is going on?"
I need help with the wording. If you see anything that can be edited, by all means, EDIT AWAY! I'm asking for the help from pso-world.com fans

"Look to the Half Life 3 protest for inspiration."
I will honestly say, if I had the funds to fly out to San Francisco to SEGA headquarters, I would most likely do something like this.

Vintasticvin
Feb 20, 2013, 03:30 PM

When this guy comes you know what is gonna hit the fan.

RagolianHunter
Feb 20, 2013, 03:31 PM
Again, this kind of thing won't work in today's world. It will be ignored. Read my previous post.

Sierhiet
Feb 20, 2013, 03:32 PM
When this guy comes you know what is gonna hit the fan.

I'm only reinforcing what others have pretty much already said.

Edit: Side note, but if you want to get maximum traffic on this thing, I'd suggest posting a link on their facebook page as well, and letting it sit for a few days considering how often people go there for an update. Also, to coincide with the JP release of PSO2 on the Vita next week, drop a link at kotaku.com when they post an article regarding the release.

pso2love
Feb 20, 2013, 03:37 PM
So far I've gone through the first part.

I like it. See, TBH, I'm not that great with proofreading lol. I just have an idea, but I wanted this to be a group effort and not just one person trying to speak for everyone. I played that card a few times before and it became exausting trying to keep up with everyone... So I decided to do this in petition form. It's one form, trying to be polite as possible. So instead of bombarding their inbox, it would be the number of people backing up this message.

RagolianHunter
Feb 20, 2013, 03:42 PM
Nope it won't get read. It will be preceived as a rant due to it's size and be tossed aside like I am sure has been done with many others of it's kind.

Just saying man, you don't have to bombard their inbox. You can rotate the e-mails twenty of you this week another twenty next week. It does not have to be done in a negative way just in a repetive way. But again keep it simple, direct. No fluff or fillers.

Karen Erra
Feb 20, 2013, 03:42 PM

If you can't give me a reason why I'm misinformed, I'm surely not, sir.
That comment doesn't help me a whole lot to see what I'm badly informed on :P

pso2love
Feb 20, 2013, 03:46 PM
I'm only reinforcing what others have pretty much already said.

Edit: Side note, but if you want to get maximum traffic on this thing, I'd suggest posting a link on their facebook page as well, and letting it sit for a few days considering how often people go there for an update. Also, to coincide with the JP release of PSO2 on the Vita next week, drop a link at kotaku.com when they post an article regarding the release.

I plan on doing so, but I didn't think about kotaku.com

Sierhiet
Feb 20, 2013, 03:49 PM
If you can't give me a reason why I'm misinformed, I'm surely not, sir.
That comment doesn't help me a whole lot to see what I'm badly informed on :P

It's going to start a deep debate which I honestly don't have the energy for today, unless you really want to. But I concur with the below post.

What forum you been posting in? Everyone here always is calling SoA hacks and incompetent.

Also, none of the original games were DOA unless you consider a release on consoles a damning prospect like many others do.

I plan on doing so, but I didn't think about kotaku.com

kotaku.com, gamespot.com, mmorpg.com have all been pretty much decent with coverage on PSO2's foriegn release and are anticipating our native release. Believe it or not, so has reddit.com. It wouldn't hurt.

Karen Erra
Feb 20, 2013, 03:52 PM
It's going to start a deep debate which I honestly don't have the energy for today, unless you really want to. But I concur with the below post.

Also, none of the original games were DOA unless you consider a release on consoles a damning prospect like many others do.

kotaku.com, gamespot.com, mmorpg.com have all been pretty much decent with coverage on PSO2's foriegn release and are anticipating our native release. Believe it or not, so has reddit.com. It wouldn't hurt.

I don't want a debate :P I just don't like that stuff is thrown into my face without a reason. So just a lil explanation would already help me.

pso2love
Feb 20, 2013, 03:53 PM
Nope it won't get read. It will be preceived as a rant due to it's size and be tossed aside like I am sure has been done with many others of it's kind.

A similar petition was sent to SEGA of America exactly one month before the official announcement of PSO2 west on June 9th 2012. Not that it was that particular petition that did the trick, but still, it was something that was there to help get their attention. I admit to have taken some text from that petition to put into this one. http://www.change.org/petitions/president-of-sega-west-break-your-vow-of-silence-on-phantasy-star-online-2-and-localize-it

Anduril
Feb 20, 2013, 03:56 PM
Ok, I trimmed the fat and just hit the main points while doing away with anything that could be perceived as a personal attack at SoA.

July 9th, 2012: Just five days after the official release in Japan, the official announcement for Phantasy Star Online 2's NA/EU (West) version was made. The official press release stated a release date of "2013" with some sites, including PSO-world.com,one of the largest English Phantasy Star fan communities, reporting "Early 2013". Following this, SEGA of America created a "Teaser" site (www.pso2.com (http://www.pso2.com/)), and a partially translated demo was presented at PAX 2012. Since then, there has not been a single piece of substantial news regarding the game's release.

It is now two months into the year 2013, and fans are still awaiting some news about the western release of PSO2. Many fans have become disheartened and jaded, wondering if the silence means that the game may never see release.

Fans have been asking many questions while answers have been few and far between:
Will the game feature dubbed voice work? How complete is the text translation? Will the mobile phone and Sony Playstation Vita versions also see release? Will there be a gap between content the western version has upon release and what is currently implemented in the Japanese version?

The fans understand that it requires time, money, and resources to create a localized product that both developers and players will be satisfied with, but the lack of updates has left Phantasy Star Online's western fanbase disenchanted and grasping at what little hope they have about the game. As fans who wish to see PSO2 succeed in the West, we merely ask for answers that address our questions so that this franchise that we love does not become just another dime-a-dozen Free-to-Play game doomed to obscurity and unprofitably.

Noc Codez
Feb 20, 2013, 04:01 PM
5.00 bet you get an automated responce from SOA.. Lol

Vintasticvin
Feb 20, 2013, 04:01 PM
Didn't they say Spring 2013? Could have sworn they did NOT Winter 2012-13... Just Saiyan... Y'know.

blace
Feb 20, 2013, 04:03 PM
Didn't they say Spring 2013? Could have sworn they did NOT Winter 2012-13... Just Saiyan... Y'know.
Spring 2013 was only listed on site GameSpot and a few other sites, and the PSO2 site had it listed only as 2013.

pso2love
Feb 20, 2013, 04:05 PM
Ok, I trimmed the fat and just hit the main points while doing away with anything that could be perceived as a personal attack at SoA.

First, let me thank you Anduril, from the bottom of my heart, for helping me out here.
I had to step back and re-read it a few times to see how much junk I was putting into it. I believe you cleaned it up rather nicely.

You pretty much address everything I was going to put in there.
Now, do I make this out to "Mike Hayes of Sega of America and Sega of Europe (Sega West)" or do I need to add anything else?

Karen Erra
Feb 20, 2013, 04:05 PM
If I recall correctly they said early 2013 but changed it to 2013 now. And that's why I'm guessing they will take a while to finally release. ;)

pso2love
Feb 20, 2013, 04:06 PM
5.00 bet you get an automated responce from SOA.. Lol

Seeing as I have $5, I'll take you up on it, just for fun. ;)
I use paypal btw.

Vintasticvin
Feb 20, 2013, 04:07 PM
Spring 2013 was only listed on site GameSpot and a few other sites, and the PSO2 site had it listed only as 2013.

Ahhh okay Blace but doncha think its too soon to be rallying the troops and plotting pleas and whatnot?

Tuomaaca
Feb 20, 2013, 04:09 PM
What do you want them to say? That they're not done yet?

If it was done, they'd ship it cause they want us to buy it. Localizing a huge game takes tons of time, and they're waiting until they have good news to unveil it.

Patience is a virtue

Noc Codez
Feb 20, 2013, 04:12 PM
SOA doesnt care about the PS series.. Let's face it if it's not sonic they don't care.. There going to use pso2 as a fat cash cow to develop more crappy sonic games.. They did it in pso and psu. What makes you think they won't do it again ? Lol

blace
Feb 20, 2013, 04:12 PM
Ahhh okay Blace but doncha think its too soon to be rallying the troops and plotting pleas and whatnot?

With lacking information on updates and possible delays or cancellation of the project, it's natural to be a bit on edge.

As I've mentioned before, the whole development portion is dependent on both the main branch(SoJ) and their international branches(SoA and SoE). It could be possible SoJ doesn't want information released in the west due to some problems currently existing on their servers, ie. bots and gold farmers, and want a more streamlined experience for the rest of the world.

Just my opinion on the lack of information.

Anduril
Feb 20, 2013, 04:13 PM
What do you want them to say? That they're not done yet?

If it was done, they'd ship it cause they want us to buy it. Localizing a huge game takes tons of time, and they're waiting until they have good news to unveil it.

Patience is a virtue
I think most people would be satisfied if they at least let us know that they are working on it and it hasn't been relegated to the back burner.

Vintasticvin
Feb 20, 2013, 04:13 PM
Patience is a virtue

Can I hug you please? Not many people know of that.

pso2love
Feb 20, 2013, 04:15 PM

We aren't asking for much (which is the issue), just to give us an update. Knowing it will take a lot longer for legitimate reasons is one thing, not knowing anything because of silence is another.

Karen Erra
Feb 20, 2013, 04:16 PM
SOA doesnt care about the PS series.. Let's face it if it's not sonic they don't care.. There going to use pso2 as a fat cash cow to develop more crappy sonic games.. They did it in pso and psu. What makes you think they won't do it again ? Lol

Thumbs up for that comment. I don't think a lot of stuff is gonna be changed. When PSO2 comes out on EU/US, it will be far behind JP AGAIN, and not just behind, I'm fairly sure some stuff will be missing or never be added. Like AC content. Do you really think SoA will give AC content to the people? Rather not..
Much more likely you might get bad reskins of reskins of reskins of whatever as rewards for completing a mission or something. They weren't able to make it on PSU so I don't think they will be able to do it on PSO2.

pso2love
Feb 20, 2013, 04:18 PM
Two more things:

Who exactly do I need to make it out to?
example: Mike Hayes of Sega of America and Sega of Europe (Sega West)

How should I title the petition?
example: Release an update on the current progress of Phantasy Star Online 2 West

Anduril
Feb 20, 2013, 04:20 PM
Thumbs up for that comment. I don't think a lot of stuff is gonna be changed. When PSO2 comes out on EU/US, it will be far behind JP AGAIN, and not just behind, I'm fairly sure some stuff will be missing or never be added. Like AC content. Do you really think SoA will give AC content to the people? Rather not..
Much more likely you might get bad reskins of reskins of reskins of whatever as rewards for completing a mission or something. They weren't able to make it on PSU so I don't think they will be able to do it on PSO2.
The major reason that PSU never got the Guardian's Cash content had more to do with Microsoft's policies. They require a cut for micro-transactions that are done over XBox Live, and more likely than not, SEGA (be it SoA or SoJ) did not want to have to deal with that. With the game primarily being on PC and being f2p there is really no reason for AC content to be cut since it would be their major source of revenue for the game.

How should I title the petition?
example: Release an update on the current progress of Phantasy Star Online 2 West
It's probably not best to make the title sound like a demand. I would personally go with something more along the lines of "Regarding Phantasy Star Online 2 NA/EU: Localization and Release."

Sierhiet
Feb 20, 2013, 04:24 PM
The major reason that PSU never got the Guardian's Cash content had more to do with Microsoft's policies. They require a cut for micro-transactions that are done over XBox Live, and more likely than not, SEGA (be it SoA or SoJ) did not want to have to deal with that. With the game primarily being on PC and being f2p there is really no reason for AC content to be cut since it would be their major source of revenue for the game.

This is pretty much what I reiterate every thread. Also to add that SoA's contractual obligation to Microsoft also impeded on progress on the PC/PS2 side as well.

Also

Because SoA is in charge of Sonic development, right?

Karen Erra
Feb 20, 2013, 04:33 PM
Well surely AC would be another way for SoA to rip the people off. And yeah I can see that for XBOX Microsoft also took part of the GC problematic. But I'm not sure about the fact that SoA is really going to introduce a payment system like that.

Also besides the paying point of it, SoA also didnt introduce so much of the GC content to XBOX. They had to be glad for some weapons that were already given in the data. Even though they weren't able to get money from people, they could have given some of the items to the players. And now don't tell me it's just because downloading a lot of stuff on XBOX is a real problem. XBOX360 isn't a console of the 1990's. All I'm saying is they didn't care so much what happens to the game. Also they didn't about PSO. And the PC/PS2 version of PSU NA/EU.

Ezodagrom
Feb 20, 2013, 04:38 PM
Well surely AC would be another way for SoA to rip the people off. And yeah I can see that for XBOX Microsoft also took part of the GC problematic. But I'm not sure about the fact that SoA is really going to introduce a payment system like that.

Also besides the paying point of it, SoA also didnt introduce so much of the GC content to XBOX. They had to be glad for some weapons that were already given in the data. Even though they weren't able to get money from people, they could have given some of the items to the players. And now don't tell me it's just because downloading a lot of stuff on XBOX is a real problem. XBOX360 isn't a console of the 1990's. All I'm saying is they didn't care so much what happens to the game. Also they didn't about PSO. And the PC/PS2 version of PSU NA/EU.
The problem isn't the console itself, but the company behind the console. It appears that a publisher/developer has to pay a considerable amount of money to Microsoft to be able to release patches for XBox 360 games.

Sierhiet
Feb 20, 2013, 04:40 PM

It is a real problem. Microsoft's involvement with PSU is what led to the game's downfall stateside. And honestly, are you implying that the way AC is handled on PSO2 JP is any different? (As in, not a "rip off" in your eyes.)

pso2love
Feb 20, 2013, 04:41 PM
UPDATED: the link to the petition is now live. Go to the first page to check it out, and sign.

.Jack
Feb 20, 2013, 05:04 PM
How you plan on bringing this to the attention of SEGA of Japan? I'm curious to know.

pso2love
Feb 20, 2013, 05:08 PM
How you plan on bringing this to the attention of SEGA of Japan? I'm curious to know.

Is SEGA of America/SEGA of Europe not at fault for being silent? SEGA of Japan is doing well with their Japanese release, so explain to me why would I need to include them in this petition?

Vintasticvin
Feb 20, 2013, 05:13 PM
I may have came off to you as a naysayer against this but may the blessings of the gods of good fortune be with you on this attempt in helping those edgy about getting whatever info they can :3 Goodluck Love.

.Jack
Feb 20, 2013, 05:16 PM
Is SEGA of America/SEGA of Europe not at fault for being silent? SEGA of Japan is doing well with their Japanese release, so explain to me why would I need to include them in this petition?

Because that's who decides what and when things get released? maybe :-?

pso2love
Feb 20, 2013, 05:20 PM
I may have came off to you as a naysayer against this but may the blessings of the gods of good fortune be with you on this attempt in helping those edgy about getting whatever info they can get :3 Goodluck Love.

I do mean well, seriously. I like to comfort my friends and family, as well as myself. I made a vow to hold off on other mmorpg's until this one got localized, because I knew that if PSO2 ever got here in the states, I wouldn't be playing any other MMORPG because of imagining the countless hours I would be investing into it. I do play other SEGA titles like Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed, Sonic Generations and Binary Domain on Steam, so it's not like I'm holding off on playing any other game to pass the time.

Because that's who decides what and when things get released? maybe :-?

So what should I add in the petition to include SEGA of Japan, other than trying to figure out who to address over there?

.Jack
Feb 20, 2013, 05:23 PM
So what should I add in the petition to include SEGA of Japan, other than trying to figure out who to address over there?

I have no idea, that's why I asked.

pso2love
Feb 20, 2013, 05:29 PM
I have no idea, that's why I asked.

Well, I can still edit the petition a bit. So, if anyone knows if adding SEGA Of Japan would benefit this petition, please, by all means, let me know what to add to it.

Vintasticvin
Feb 20, 2013, 06:12 PM
Well, I can still edit the petition a bit. So, if anyone knows if adding SEGA Of Japan would benefit this petition, please, by all means, let me know what to add to it.

Get the petition written in Katakana of course.

eharima
Feb 20, 2013, 06:38 PM
these threads are the best threads

pso2love
Feb 20, 2013, 06:43 PM
Get the petition written in Katakana of course.

So, just get it translated... and address it to who?

Do I need to add anything else in the base of the message?

Vintasticvin
Feb 20, 2013, 06:53 PM
So, just get it translated... and address it to who?

Do I need to add anything else in the base of the message?

For sure to soj but to who I dunno.

Laxedrane
Feb 20, 2013, 07:24 PM
Let me put this into a lovely analogy that's of great parallel to my line of work becuase I feel the frustration that Edward does.

Complaining to edward is like complaining to the department head at a supermarket that there's not enough help to serve you.

Complaining to SoA Is like complaining to the store manager that there's not enough help in the store to serve you.

Complaining to SoJ is like complaining to the corporation that own the super market.

The farther up that ladder you go the more people your going to need behind you to get their attention.

The department head determines where the hours go that they have to what people and when. The Store manager determines what hours go to each department. The corporation determines how many hours each store gets.

Who are you going to complain to, to get the best results when the department head has pretty much told you outright they have no more hours to put on?

If you get the highest link in the chain attention(SoJ as an entity or sakai himself although some how I feel we need some other person attention in this situation) Your garuntee'd to be answered.

SoJ determines what SoA doing and most likely manages what they put their resources into. So if Soa is at fualt and you complain to SoJ you get the answer you want. If Soj at fault you complain to them, you get an answer but if its what you want who knows. You complain to SoA and their hands are tied. You will just get a generic statement that pretty much mirrors what edward has said just with a lot less soul.

THAT is why you complain to sega of Japan.

Also, once you get enough support you probably will easily find someone to translate everything to Japanese.

The Walrus
Feb 20, 2013, 07:29 PM
Wow this thread is still alive. Amazed people think a petition will do anything.

MetalDude
Feb 20, 2013, 07:32 PM
Through a bit of reading from a history book and a couple other places online, SoA does mostly nothing without the consent of SoJ, given that it was taken over primarily by SoJ employees yet is ironically not respected the least bit by SoJ themselves. They're SoJ's bitch and for some reason SoJ asks them to do nothing. Go figure.

They're like Namco in that they're trying to give themselves excuses as for why it's clearly not feasible to market to filthy westerners.

Vintasticvin
Feb 20, 2013, 07:41 PM
Wow this thread is still alive. Amazed people think a petition will do anything.

Most are giving the guy a hard time and few are actually helping out knowing it won't do no good ^^; It really is nice to see kindness in an internet forums sometimes wouldn't you agree?

Tzeentch
Feb 20, 2013, 08:07 PM
To be quite far, at least this person is trying to do something, if he doesn't get a reply at least he tried. The main bonus I see from this is to show Sega that people are still interested in PSO2 being released. If they didn't release PSO2 to American and Europe I would understand, it maybe a free MMO but it does cost them money to run the servers. A company won't waste money that is for sure :). Just don't run down a person for such a small reason.

pso2love
Feb 20, 2013, 08:24 PM
Thanks for your understanding guys/gals. If i'm going to address SoJ, I need help finding out who specifically in SOJ to address it to. I will also need help translating the petition into Katakana. So if you know of anyone who can do that...

And no google translate please, it will be ignored.

ashley50
Feb 20, 2013, 09:38 PM
I will also need help translating the petition into Katakana. So if you know of anyone who can do that...

That's like typing in CAPS LOCK!

GtSaiyaMan
Feb 20, 2013, 09:57 PM
...signed and sealed.. Thanks so much for this post!

pso2love
Feb 20, 2013, 11:09 PM
...signed and sealed.. Thanks so much for this post!

...And thank you for signing. :3

There is an option, rather a few options on the petition, that whenever someone signs it, it will email the person/s that the petition is addressed to. Right now, I only have "[email protected]" for SoA/SoE. I need to find out the email address for SoJ as well as who to address it to over there.

_Nue
Feb 20, 2013, 11:40 PM
People are so impatient.

FaithY
Feb 20, 2013, 11:41 PM
Phantasy Star Online's western fanbase disenchanted and grasping at what little hope they have about the game.

This thing reads like Bull$€£¥. If you're "disenchanted and grasping at what little hope [you] have about the game," then why are you petitioning its release.

What you're doing here is rude. Be succinct and polite. And, be sure to thank them for their work.

pso2love
Feb 20, 2013, 11:51 PM
This thing reads like Bull$€£¥. If you're "disenchanted and grasping at what little hope [you] have about the game," then why are you petitioning its release.

What you're doing here is rude. Be succinct and polite. And, be sure to thank them for their work.

We already thanked them July 9, 2012 after they made the announcement. This is 2013 now, and not anything new from SEGA of America/ SEGA of Europe (basically how they were before their announcement). It's one thing for them to say "Hey, we're still here working on it." It's another thing when you say "2013" and 2 months have passed with not a single update from SEGA in sight. It's not being rude, it's checking up on them to see how they are doing.

Rekku
Feb 21, 2013, 12:14 AM
I really like this petition idea (and I signed it) but maybe it would seem less of a personal attack if you took out the parts asking for content updates, e.g. "Will the game feature dubbed voice work? How complete is the text translation?" and even "Will there be a gap between content the western version has upon release and what is currently implemented in the Japanese version?" The last one is like saying "We want everything they have as soon as the game comes out here." I think it should be obvious there will be a gap, and we probably won't get all the content they got. That's how original Japanese games are (for example, at least half the Pokemon events released in Japan never make it internationally).

I think the main point should only be to ask whether the localization project is still ongoing and not cancelled, not anything pertaining to what it will have. We can't ask about content because they can't legally tell us, so if you include anything related to that it might seem too probing. Instead just tell them that we are very concerned about whether release will happen at any point in the future (which the rest of the petition does very well), without asking for specifics. Just acknowledgement is all we need.

pso2love
Feb 21, 2013, 12:29 AM
I really like this petition idea (and I signed it) but maybe it would seem less of a personal attack if you took out the parts asking for content updates, e.g. "Will the game feature dubbed voice work? How complete is the text translation?" and even "Will there be a gap between content the western version has upon release and what is currently implemented in the Japanese version?" The last one is like saying "We want everything they have as soon as the game comes out here." I think it should be obvious there will be a gap, and we probably won't get all the content they got. That's how original Japanese games are (for example, at least half the Pokemon events released in Japan never make it internationally).

I think the main point should only be to ask whether the localization project is still ongoing and not cancelled, not anything pertaining to what it will have. We can't ask about content because they can't legally tell us, so if you include anything related to that it might seem too probing. Instead just tell them that we are very concerned about whether release will happen at any point in the future (which the rest of the petition does very well), without asking for specifics. Just acknowledgement is all we need.

The questions are things that we would like to know, but understand if they can't be answered right now. Legitimate reasons for the silence is what we are asking about, which is the main point.

We already know about the "game culturalization" so we aren't asking about that.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Even after getting rid of the questions, You are just left with the same content as the posts all over their Facebook wall, which they see every day. It wouldn't be any different.

So how would you go about asking for legitimate reasons for the silence, without asking questions?
Yeah, I'm tired. Going to bed. Talk to you tomorrow.

Rekku
Feb 21, 2013, 12:44 AM
The questions are things that we would like to know, but understand if they can't be answered right now. Legitimate reasons for the silence is what we are asking about, which is the main point.

We already know about the "game culturalization" so we aren't asking about that.
Well I never played PSU online or PSO, so I don't know if mechanics updates and the like are usually brought over... but I would assume they are, not story content but gameplay content. Is that what you meant by patches? Bug fixes and updates like the most recent one, changing menus and balancing classes?

FaithY
Feb 21, 2013, 01:04 AM
We already thanked them July 9, 2012 after they made the announcement. This is 2013 now, and not anything new from SEGA of America/ SEGA of Europe (basically how they were before their announcement). It's one thing for them to say "Hey, we're still here working on it." It's another thing when you say "2013" and 2 months have passed with not a single update from SEGA in sight. It's not being rude, it's checking up on them to see how they are doing.

But you are 'checking up on them' while also saying "Phantasy Star Online's western fanbase disenchanted and grasping at what little hope they have about the game."

[I]which is not true.

Everyone that is signing this is voicing disenchantment and lack of faith in the PSO IP, which is why I'm not signing this.

3luegroove
Feb 21, 2013, 04:31 AM
I got your back pso2love.

Guys instead of being so negative.... http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pull%20an%20andy%20dufresne

It wont hurt anyone to sign its like 5mins of your time we fail so what but let it not be for lack of trying and trying again.... instead of spending that 5mins typing a negative reply on here consider signing.... we have nothing to loose...

BetaMoo
Feb 21, 2013, 09:12 AM
God speed pso2love.

+signed

Mr-Phelps
Feb 21, 2013, 09:33 AM
Signed. It's been too long Sega. The natives are getting restless!

pso2love
Feb 21, 2013, 12:50 PM
But you are 'checking up on them' while also saying "Phantasy Star Online's western fanbase disenchanted and grasping at what little hope they have about the game."

[I]which is not true.

Everyone that is signing this is voicing disenchantment and lack of faith in the PSO IP, which is why I'm not signing this.

You're taking the quote out of context. You are turning this around and making it seem like we (the signers) are attacking the PSO IP, which is simply not true.

pso2love
Feb 21, 2013, 12:54 PM
UPDATE: changed from requesting Katakana translation, to Japanese translation.

Also, is there a specific head in control of localization? I only know of Mike Hayes, but ever since SoA's QA were dropped, it's SoE job now...
So is there someone else other than Mike Hayes I should address to?

BetaMoo
Feb 21, 2013, 01:31 PM
UPDATE: changed from requesting Katakana translation, to Japanese translation.

Also, is there a specific head in control of localization? I only know of Mike Hayes, but ever since SoA's QA were dropped, it's SoE job now...
So is there someone else other than Mike Hayes I should address to?

John Cheng: President of Sega of America (2012–present)
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega#North_American
http://www.zoominfo.com/people/Cheng_John_1809592482.aspx
Not too sure if it's accurate or not.

pso2love
Feb 21, 2013, 01:38 PM
UPDATE: Changed attention to "John Cheng @ Sega of America, Jurgen Post @ Sega of Europe (Sega West)"

I'm seeing other articles saying the same thing, so I'm going with it.

Would current Sega Sammy CEO Hajime Satomi be a good idea for SoJ?
Or Okitane Usui?

FaithY
Feb 21, 2013, 01:43 PM
You're taking the quote out of context. You are turning this around and making it seem like we (the signers) are attacking the PSO IP, which is simply not true.

I'm not turning anything around, ha. I'm simply quoting this awfully written petition. Run it by a scholar, or any English or language department. It's riddled with weasel words.

Letting sega know that you are disenchanted in their hopeless product, will sure get the gears moving! and, while you are at it, Demand that they 'address your questions so that PSO does not become just another dime-a-dozen Free-to-Play game doomed to obscurity and unprofitability'

Revise revise revise lol. All that needs to be said is the fans are stoked for the game, we look forward to its release and appreciate their work.

Anything else is just getting in their way..

pso2love
Feb 21, 2013, 01:55 PM
I'm not turning anything around, ha. I'm simply quoting this awfully written petition. Run it by a scholar, or any English or language department. It's riddled with weasel words.

Letting sega know that you are disenchanted in their hopeless product, will sure get the gears moving! and, while you are at it, Demand that they 'address your questions so that PSO does not become just another dime-a-dozen Free-to-Play game doomed to obscurity and unprofitability'

Revise revise revise lol. All that needs to be said is the fans are stoked for the game, we look forward to its release and appreciate their work.

Then I will ask you what I've asked Anduril.
How would you word it? I can still edit it, you know. :)
I'm not speaking for everyone, this is a group effort.

And do you happen to know who I can address over at SEGA of Japan?

BetaMoo
Feb 21, 2013, 02:02 PM

Please, if you're going to say it's awfully written, give some examples of why it is.
Constructive criticism is always nice.

"Fans have been asking many questions while answers have been few and far between: "
This line I perceive as he is quoting what others have been saying.

I'm very excited for this game also... but we haven't had news in a while. They kinda just threw us to the wolves after the JP release. It's almost 2 months into a new year and still no information on the localization process. It would be nice if they would just post something short and sweet on the official PSO2 facebook page. Just to let their fans know that they are indeed still working on the localization.

Theromas
Feb 21, 2013, 02:25 PM
I haven't seen an MMO so badly handled in my life when it comes to news after announcement, take this as a bad sign for its future after release. It's obvious Sega don't care so why are you people still wanting the game?

GtSaiyaMan
Feb 21, 2013, 02:28 PM
Please, if you're going to say it's awfully written, give some examples of why it is.
Constructive criticism is always nice.

"Fans have been asking many questions while answers have been few and far between: "
This line I perceive as he is quoting what others have been saying.

I'm very excited for this game also... but we haven't had news in a while. They kinda just threw us to the wolves after the JP release. It's almost 2 months into a new year and still no information on the localization process. It would be nice if they would just post something short and sweet on the official PSO2 facebook page. Just to let their fans know that they are indeed still working on the localization.

..well said sir. The troll factor on these boards is extremely high.

BetaMoo
Feb 21, 2013, 02:47 PM
I haven't seen an MMO so badly handled in my life when it comes to news after announcement, take this as a bad sign for its future after release. It's obvious Sega don't care so why are you people still wanting the game?

Different style MMO.

pso2love
Feb 21, 2013, 03:14 PM

Because it's an awesome game! That, and I want to be able to experience the story in English, as well as introduce to my friends the kind of fun that I would spend countless hours on. I have moneys in reserve waiting to give to SEGA.

FaithY
Feb 21, 2013, 03:21 PM
..well said sir. The troll factor on these boards is extremely high.

Lol. Agreed, but, suggestions and examples were provided. Subject it to scholarly review. Remove the weasel-wording. Be polite and succinct. Revise.

I'm with you on this, but I strongly suggest revision of the tone of the petition

Sierhiet
Feb 21, 2013, 03:24 PM

Your exaggeration is profound. Your either fishing for a rise out of everyone or you don't play many games let alone MMOs.

FaithY
Feb 21, 2013, 03:37 PM
Then I will ask you what I've asked Anduril.
How would you word it? I can still edit it, you know. :)
I'm not speaking for everyone, this is a group effort.

And do you happen to know who I can address over at SEGA of Japan?

I suggest you remove " Many fans have become disheartened and jaded, wondering if the silence means that the game may never see release."

And replace it with "Many fans are excited for the release"

Remove "The fans understand that it requires time, money, and resources to create a localized product that both developers and players will be satisfied with, but the lack of updates has left Phantasy Star Online's western fanbase disenchanted and grasping at what little hope they have about the game being released in the West. As fans who wish to see PSO2 succeed in the West, we merely ask for answers that address our questions so that this franchise that we love does not become just another dime-a-dozen Free-to-Play game doomed to obscurity and unprofitability."

And replace it with "We want to see PSO 2 succeed in the west"

pso2love
Feb 21, 2013, 03:55 PM
I suggest you remove " Many fans have become disheartened and jaded, wondering if the silence means that the game may never see release."

And replace it with "Many fans are excited for the release"

Remove "The fans understand that it requires time, money, and resources to create a localized product that both developers and players will be satisfied with, but the lack of updates has left Phantasy Star Online's western fanbase disenchanted and grasping at what little hope they have about the game being released in the West. As fans who wish to see PSO2 succeed in the West, we merely ask for answers that address our questions so that this franchise that we love does not become just another dime-a-dozen Free-to-Play game doomed to obscurity and unprofitability."

And replace it with "We want to see PSO 2 succeed in the west"

Instead of "Many fans are excited for the release", how about "Many fans are excited for the western release, however, the silence from SEGA has raised concerns from the fans." ?

Instead of "We want to see PSO 2 succeed in the west", how about "We want to see Phantasy Star Online 2 succeed in the west. We ask that you would be so kind as to give us an update of the current progress." ?

Miku Miharu
Feb 21, 2013, 04:29 PM
i don't know if this will work but i signed it :) best of luck!

Theromas
Feb 21, 2013, 05:26 PM
Your exaggeration is profound. Your either fishing for a rise out of everyone or you don't play many games let alone MMOs.

exaggeration? iv played many good MMOs and with them I as a customer feel wanted by them.

what was PSUs track record on content updates?

Play the JP version seriously the English patch is great and it will always have those content updates on time. You shouldn't keep your hopes up on a game where the developers don't really care about your needs.

I don't want to get a rise out of anyone, people just need to open theirs eyes to what SEGA has been like in the past.

pso2love
Feb 21, 2013, 05:47 PM
UPDATE: Petition content has been revised. Remember, this is not to personally attack SEGA, this is to ask SEGA for an update, in a polite manner.

pso2love
Feb 21, 2013, 05:58 PM
All that is left is to address SEGA Of Japan

Who do I address?

Will someone help translate the petition into Japanese?

BetaMoo
Feb 21, 2013, 06:06 PM
All that is left is to address SEGA Of Japan

Who do I address?

Will someone help translate the petition into Japanese?

Well, I would suggest it to Sakai, since he's the head director of PSO2 in Japan, but I'm not sure that would do too much. I'm pretty sure they also know how to read English pretty well.

My experience with Japanese people is that they understand it, they just don't know how to respond back. I know Japanese but I haven't had enough to fully translate what has been written into it. Sorry about that.

MetalDude
Feb 21, 2013, 06:10 PM
Sakai directs the game, but he's probably not responsible for marketing, distribution, or localization.

BetaMoo
Feb 21, 2013, 06:25 PM
Naoya Tsurumi
Source : http://www.segasammy.co.jp/english/pr/corp/profile.html
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-02-29-sega-coo-retires-nagoshi-promoted-to-cco

pso2love
Feb 21, 2013, 06:39 PM
Naoya Tsurumi
Source : http://www.segasammy.co.jp/english/pr/corp/profile.html
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-02-29-sega-coo-retires-nagoshi-promoted-to-cco

There are two directors as of June 2012: Naoya Tsurumi & Haruki Satomi
Should I address both?

Also, were you able to find an email address for SEGA Of Japan?

BetaMoo
Feb 21, 2013, 06:43 PM
Well, I examined the pages a little more carefully and at the top it says their positions. The CEO of SEGA is Hajime Satomi.

The others are like Directors and/or CCO's and such.

*Edit
I'm not too sure who you would want to address it to.

FaithY
Feb 21, 2013, 06:50 PM
UPDATE: Petition content has been revised. Remember, this is not to personally attack SEGA, this is to ask SEGA for an update, in a polite manner.

It is starting to look better! :)

Consider revising: "Since then, there has not been a single piece of substantial news regarding the game's release."
Revision: "Since then, there has not been any updates regarding a release"

CR: "Fans have been asking many questions while answers have been few and far between: "
R:"Fans have many questions" or "Many questions which fans have remain unanswered." But we do not need to make it redundant by adding "while answers have been few and far"

Not as important: "the silence from SEGA has raised concerns from the fans."
R:"the silence from SEGA has raised concerns with the fans."

BetaMoo
Feb 21, 2013, 07:08 PM
I believe you should address it to Naoya Tsurumi. He's head of consumer business.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2009/06/18/sega-aligns-global-territories-to-drive-growth
Article is a bit dated, but he still holds the position. I'm pretty sure of it.
http://segabits.com/blog/2010/05/30/naoya-tsurumi-talks-segas-failures-and-future/
Article back in 2010. Still relevant I believe.

pso2love
Feb 21, 2013, 07:32 PM

Consider revising: "Since then, there has not been a single piece of substantial news regarding the game's release."
Revision: "Since then, there has not been any updates regarding a release"

CR: "Fans have been asking many questions while answers have been few and far between: "
R:"Fans have many questions" or "Many questions which fans have remain unanswered." But we do not need to make it redundant by adding "while answers have been few and far"

Thank you for your help. Like I said earlier, I'm not great with proofreading...lol
It has been revised.

Anduril
Feb 21, 2013, 07:39 PM

Revision: "Since then, there have not been any updates regarding a release"

That does read better (bolded a minor SV agreement error). I put in the phrases "disheartened" and "jaded" when I revised it because I felt that it more closely relayed the frustrations of the community (if you look at some of the more recent posts on the Official press release and the facebook page, you'll notice that they tend to be either people who are angry, or those who have essentially given up hope on the game being released), but I can see how those could also be viewed as attacks.

pso2love
Feb 21, 2013, 07:44 PM
First off, address this petition to both Sega of America AND Japan. If you put together a very well written petition even address it to Sakai himself.

Do not fall back on insults, be respectful but stern in the way you word it.

Do not bring up past statements by Sega. If this gets enough attention for them to answer they can easily latch on to that part of the petition, talk circles around what they said and completely ignore the heart of the matter.(You can bring up the game is suppose to be out these year and we don't have what quarter it will be in.)

Don't make any demands. It's easy to do so in these kinds of petitions to fall into sentences including the words "Deserve" "Owe" etc. Don't use such terminology. Nothing makes a petition sound more petty and childish then using words like that.

Lastly to do with this topic alone, is don't get over defensive. You are going to get nay-sayers and pessimist, fighting with them will turn off others. If you find yourself repeating what you've already said, then most of the time it's just better to just stop. And concentrate on rallying the support you do have to get more signatures.

Thanks for the advice. I've considered your words and they have been put to action. :D

pso2love
Feb 21, 2013, 07:52 PM
That does read better (bolded a minor SV agreement error). I put in the phrases "disheartened" and "jaded" when I revised it because I felt that it more closely relayed the frustrations of the community (if you look at some of the more recent posts on the Official press release and the facebook page, you'll notice that they tend to be either people who are angry, or those who have essentially given up hope on the game being released), but I can see how those could also be viewed as attacks.

It makes sense to leave out "disheartened" and "jaded" BECAUSE it has been posted on the Official press release and the facebook page by other fans... So it is safe to assume that SEGA would already notice this, and thus no need to remind them. I admit to losing my cool back then, however, now I'm having a renewed mindset about it all.

pso2love
Feb 22, 2013, 02:58 PM
So, In order for me to address SEGA Of Japan, I will need the exact person/s of who to address.
I will also need an email address of SEGA Of Japan, so the petition would reach over to their headquarters. The translation of the petition to Japanese can probably wait a lil bit longer, but the prior things need to come first. I'm having a hard time finding an email address... can anyone help me?

GtSaiyaMan
Feb 22, 2013, 11:01 PM
So, In order for me to address SEGA Of Japan, I will need the exact person/s of who to address.
I will also need an email address of SEGA Of Japan, so the petition would reach over to their headquarters. The translation of the petition to Japanese can probably wait a lil bit longer, but the prior things need to come first. I'm having a hard time finding an email address... can anyone help me?

you may have to load this up in CHrome..so it can translate the page..

https://sega.jp/contact/web/

pso2love
Feb 23, 2013, 12:11 AM
you may have to load this up in CHrome..so it can translate the page..

That's not an email address, that is a contact form.

I mean, I could try sending them the link through that form as a last resort, however, in order for the program to work, it requires an email address.

pso2love
Feb 23, 2013, 12:22 AM
UPDATE: addressed Naoya Tsurumi @ Sega of Japan in the petition.

If this isn't the right person, or if I am missing someone, please let me know.

Rien
Feb 23, 2013, 03:41 AM
thepersonreadingitprobablywillnotbenaoyatsurumi

But then I don't know who to point it at.

Krank32oz
Feb 23, 2013, 04:26 PM
I think its a good idea. I like the enthusiasm and I already signed it. Cant wait for PSO2 to come state side. Hopefully this helps

GrandYith
Feb 24, 2013, 12:58 PM
Signed ^^

Actually, I am really afraid that they gave up on the localization since there are so many western players and translation packages on JP servers. Come to think of it, they know there are western players, otherwise SoJ and SoA would be two idiots. They also know about all the translation packages, and they probably know that many of these players won't change to the NA/EU servers. It wouldn't surprise me if they'd cancel the localization, cos if they'd finish it, maybe they'd lose a lot of money since so many people won't go to western servers and people already did what they are doing (translation).

For the sake of us who want to play on western servers, let's hope they didn't gave up :/

NightfallG
Feb 24, 2013, 02:18 PM
What makes you think a company that's incredibly incompetent and big on their own ego will respond to you, the customer who they think owes them just for making the game? Sega hasn't had good business sense or any care about customers since the Genesis days (!).

pso2love
Feb 24, 2013, 03:05 PM
What makes you think a company that's incredibly incompetent and big on their own ego will respond to you, the customer who they think owes them just for making the game? Sega hasn't had good business sense or any care about customers since the Genesis days (!).

First of all, they don't OWE me/us anything. Yes, I said things that sounded that way in the past, however, I realized now that is not the way to go about things. This petition is a group effort. I am not speaking for everybody. What few fans helped pitch in, were able to revise and help clarify the petition to address the main point, which is "we just want an update on the current progress", not asking for much. If SEGA are able and willing to address the other questions mentioned, that's geat. If not, no biggie. The fact that there is support behind this, by the fans, show that we really are in unison. We don't want to attack SEGA. There is so much of that on the Blogs, forums and Facebook wall already, so we are asking those who sign remember this.

Second, there are legitimate reasons for wanting them to succeed with PSO2 west... you can actually read them in the comments section of the petition. Some of which are:

Most, including my own friends, do not want to jump through hoops to register a SEGA ID in Japanese, and download the unofficial english patch, only to find out that they can't enjoy the storyline because the patch is unable to translate it, as well as some items. There are also some players who feel the price of Arks Cash in Japan is a little bit too expensive for western players.

At this point, the petition is set. We aren't revising it anymore. However, getting it translated in Japanese, and getting more signers is now top priority.

Eclipsed57
Feb 24, 2013, 03:19 PM
I cant believe there are people in this community that are reacting negatively to this. Sega has been completely ignoring their fanbase (what else is new) and yes if they want our business they do owe an explanation so this needs to be supported and we need to be informed.

Cagedtaytay
Feb 24, 2013, 03:23 PM
I cant believe there are people in this community that are reacting negatively to this. Sega has been completely ignoring their fanbase (what else is new) and yes if they want our business they do owe an explanation so this needs to be supported and we need to be informed.

I can't believe there are people in this community who act like complete jackasses when they see this petition.
Wait.
This is the Internet. Nevermind.
Still, there would be no harm in taking a minute out of there forum browsing days to sign a bit of paper for PSO2 West. If they want to stay on JP, fine. Don't give us attitude just because we want the game localized, and try helping us too.

Alucadra
Feb 24, 2013, 05:09 PM
To be fair I think its a bit concerning when they say "early 2013" like a week after JP release but 2 months into 2013 they haven't said a peep? Normally games are given a release date 1-2 months prior to release so... If they're really going to take all the way to June-July to get this released that's pretty disappointing. They don't have to give us exacts but like small updates here and there on twitter or facebook like "finished lvl1-10 translations today, will start on 11-20 tomorrow!" or SOMETHING would be acceptable. Not saying anything and leaving the community in the dark? That's really bad PR.

I've gone ahead and signed this petition because I believe in Phantasy Star and Sega. I hope they come around and announce something soon before all that's left are the super hardcore PSO fans. Wasn't going free to play their gateway into getting more people to try the game? I'm surprised they don't realize if there's no updates on the game the hype train is going to die and a lot of people will genuinely lose interest in it completely. So when they do release it in the West some people might completely pass it by just because they haven't heard anything about it for almost half a year.

gigawuts
Feb 24, 2013, 05:25 PM
"Early 2013" lasts until pretty much the first day of summer, and many companies make sure to use exactly that allotment of time.

pso2love
Feb 24, 2013, 06:17 PM
Which is it? Is it "Early 2013" or "2013"? SEGA needs to be more clear, because if it is "2013", then they lied to the fans at pso-world.com.

In the words of the Admin, Tomeeboy:

We posted the exact press release that was relayed to us by SEGA, and it did say "Early 2013."

http://www.pso-world.com/news/02455-sega-officially-announces-western-release-pso2-2013

BetaMoo
Feb 24, 2013, 08:22 PM
Which is it? Is it "Early 2013" or "2013"? SEGA needs to be more clear, because if it is "2013", then they lied to the fans at pso-world.com.

In the words of the Admin, Tomeeboy:

We posted the exact press release that was relayed to us by SEGA, and it did say "Early 2013."

http://www.pso-world.com/news/02455-sega-officially-announces-western-release-pso2-2013

Official announcement from Sega. No other news on the site either.
http://www.sega.com/news/?n=5722

Arialle
Feb 24, 2013, 08:50 PM
i feel that the more sega delays the release of US ver the more redundant it will be. More and more english players are coming in JP and I kinda believe most if not all hardcore fans are already in here. Unless everyone here is moving over , most probably many players there are like new to PS series and are trying out , not that it is bad.Being an mmo player for many years i also feel in any release the first bunch of players in the first few months are probably the most fun to play with...next being mostly kiddies trols or gold spammers and i think tt first generation players are in jp already

Also if it gets delayed any longer it will be overshadowed by upcoming titles like Final Fantasy XIV , Blade and Soul etc

Well this is just my personal opinion

DjDragoon
Feb 24, 2013, 09:22 PM
Signed it! Anything is worth a shot and it only took me 20 seconds to sign. Hope it works!

~Aya~
Feb 24, 2013, 10:16 PM
FML... I'm staying on JP server.. out of fear of NA taking forever to get updates and then shutting down servers way before JP even consider it.

Alucadra
Feb 25, 2013, 01:17 AM
A lot of people are "fearing" NA will one day shutdown the servers but I think they're forgetting to take into consideration PSU was a sub MMO on a console. So even with its SUPER NICHE market; the hardware it was on, the fact it was a sub and it's Phantasy Star. It still managed a good what 6 years? That's fairly impressive. Now PSO2 is going to be Free to Play and on the PC. I honestly don't see it even remotely possible they would ever consider shutting it down because people are going to play it Phantasy Star fans or not just because it's a good looking, enjoyable MMO. It is incredibly rare to see a Free to Play game shutdown completely.

Still I really hope we get some word from Sega... I don't like being left in the dark.

Renette
Feb 25, 2013, 01:41 AM
I'm on the fence with this.

As much as I would like to see this game localized for the English-speaking market as soon as possible, I think it all goes back to the whole gatcha system PSO2 has going. it's illegal in the US, right? If that's so, I'm a little nervous what will be changed in the NA-version.

Rien
Feb 25, 2013, 01:48 AM

As much as I would like to see this game localized for the English-speaking market as soon as possible, I think it all goes back to the whole gatcha system PSO2 has going. it's illegal in the US, right? If that's so, I'm a little nervous what will be changed in the NA-version.

Naw those bastards still get past the gatcha thing and give you horribad rng based stuff.

Kaziel
Feb 25, 2013, 03:31 AM
Signed.

Lets see some stateside love.

(so I can make my decision sooner)

Polychrome
Feb 25, 2013, 03:35 AM

Eh, even Everquest has gachas these days. I think it's considered OK as long as they're not gambling their money for money...which sounds crazy admittedly...

gigawuts
Feb 25, 2013, 03:37 AM

I don't necessarily think it's even a legal barrier (many game companies manage to get around this issue, for instance). I think it's partially a difference in gaming culture. While something like TF2's unusual hats operate on a random uncrating system, PSO2's setup is definitely different. AC is not tradable like TF2's keys are, the rewards are not tradable unless you pay up, many of the rewards are just odds improvers and have no guaranteed application like paint might in TF2.

The whole system really just screams failure to me, but that's me. It'll be interesting to see what changes, if any, they make come release. I'm hoping for good ones that entice players into spending instead of punishing them until they give in.

holmwood
Feb 25, 2013, 04:17 AM
I don't necessarily think it's even a legal barrier (many game companies manage to get around this issue, for instance). I think it's partially a difference in gaming culture. While something like TF2's unusual hats operate on a random uncrating system, PSO2's setup is definitely different. AC is not tradable like TF2's keys are, the rewards are not tradable unless you pay up, many of the rewards are just odds improvers and have no guaranteed application like paint might in TF2.

The whole system really just screams failure to me, but that's me. It'll be interesting to see what changes, if any, they make come release. I'm hoping for good ones that entice players into spending instead of punishing them until they give in.

I cant see the premium trade function flying with the folks in the NA community. Capitalism and all that. ;-) Trading is like a basic right.

Alucadra
Feb 25, 2013, 04:27 AM
I cant see the premium trade function flying with the folks in the NA community. Capitalism and all that. ;-) Trading is like a basic right.

Well to be fair it is included in the premium for PSO2 which if you ask me is pretty generous in what you get for like $15. The game was advertised as Free to Play and there I think they made a mistake. People will now expect to be able to play the game and progress as a premium would but that just shouldn't be the case as the premiums are keeping the game going. Imo it isn't broken that you can't trade if you're a free player since you can still obtain everything a premium can. They should of advertised as a Pay to Play model with a Free to Play option that allows you to play the entire game with very few restrictions.

This is what you get with Premium which I will probably be picking up on day 1 of West release.

You earn more FUN points
My Shop
My Room
Trading
More Bank Storage Space
More Mags
Premium Block

gigawuts
Feb 25, 2013, 04:32 AM
You don't get more mags with premium, that's a separate transaction like more skilltrees.

You can get my shop for less than half the cost of premium.

Very few people care about rooms or premium blocks.

Now that premium users have more CO capacity and premium slots in blocks we're getting somewhere, but for most it doesn't justify the extra cost. My room is seriously just a novelty at best for most people. And trading...lol. Trading saves you tax if your friend also has premium.

Basically, unless they do something phenomenal like make 10*'s tradable, premium is still going to be twice the cost of my shop for not nearly twice the benefits.

Alucadra
Feb 25, 2013, 04:35 AM
You don't get more mags with premium, that's a separate transaction like more skilltrees.

You can get my shop for less than half the cost of premium.

Very few people care about rooms or premium blocks.

Now that premium users have more CO capacity and premium slots in blocks we're getting somewhere, but for most it doesn't justify the extra cost. My room is seriously just a novelty at best for most people. And trading...lol. Trading saves you tax if your friend also has premium.

Basically, unless they do something phenomenal like make 10*'s tradable, premium is still going to be twice the cost of my shop for not nearly twice the benefits.

Ahh my apologies I actually wasn't aware of the costs of the my shop and my room functions but I can see your point then. There's a limit on what you can trade over on JP?! That seems kind of odd since it's premium only? Imo you should be able to trade whatever you want just like Phantasy Star Online.

BetaMoo
Feb 25, 2013, 03:04 PM
I believe having premium gives you more fun points, trade option, and storing stuff in team storage. Other than that, it's just a bunch of lulz.

Arrancar
Feb 25, 2013, 03:11 PM
I'll stick to using those 3-Day stores if I ever need to trade anything 10*

Ezodagrom
Feb 25, 2013, 03:12 PM
10* weapons and units are untradeable, same thing for lvl 11+ photon arts.

gigawuts
Feb 25, 2013, 03:13 PM

The purpose of the term "trading" is that my shop does not allow you to trade - it allows you to sell.

Trading is a premium-only feature.

Arrancar
Feb 25, 2013, 03:19 PM
10* weapons and units are untradeable, same thing for lvl 11+ photon arts.

Oh.. Okay. Good to Know.

LionHeart-
Feb 25, 2013, 03:23 PM
Don't normally sign petitions because of the whole giving away your email address etc... But this one is worth it! :D I'll share it on FB for you :)!

Cagedtaytay
Feb 25, 2013, 04:35 PM
This is getting way more signatures that I expected it to, to be honest. :O KEEP SIGNING.

pso2love
Feb 26, 2013, 11:53 AM
Just wanted to say thank you to those who have already signed. The next few days are somewhat crucial. We need this petition shared far and wide! PS Vita release is Feb 28th (which is only a couple days away), which means articles from every gaming news site will post about it. We need people who will share(spam if necessary) the petition in those articles for all to see.

Don't normally sign petitions because of the whole giving away your email address etc... But this one is worth it! :D I'll share it on FB for you :)!

Getting email is only for giving the signers updates. It is not shared with third parties, nor can I view them.

pso2love
Feb 26, 2013, 11:56 AM
Just to double check with you all...

John Cheng @ Sega of America, Jurgen Post @ Sega of Europe (Sega West)
Naoya Tsurumi @ Sega of Japan

If I'm not addressing the right people, or if I am missing someone, right now is the time to help correct this. I have a contact form to SEGA of Japan, but I want to make absolutely sure I'm addressing the right person/s over there before I send it.

Rien
Feb 26, 2013, 10:34 PM
Add in David Shin (SoA)

Kion
Feb 27, 2013, 12:09 AM
This was written on facebook:

After submitting a request to Sega of America to better inform its players, I was answered by a Nico B., customer support. This is what I received:

"The game is going to be coming to the US, though there is no official release date yet. Part of the reason there has been very little information on the western side of things is that Sega of Japan is still entirely in control of everything related to PSO2. That will change as one gets closer to the release of the game. However you still may want to create a post on the sega forums to discuss this topic with the community.

http://forums.sega.com/ "

It's not the answer we want, but it does explain the lack of information. My suggestion is to take the information currently released in Japan, translate it, and give us some information absorb while we wait.

Also I tried to goto SoJ today. Didn't get past the information desk. Unless you have an appointment with XX in XX department at XX time, you can't even get inside. I tried to pull the "i have to go to the bathroom" and try running inside. It almost worked, but the security guard still had line of site, so I wasn't able to run off an cause any chaos. But aside from that, there weren't any markings or anything to indicate what was where and even the people at the front desk had any idea of what was going inside the company. Also every door had a key card reader, so there's no way to get in anywhere important with out one. Also there's no information on the website as to contact information about anyone or anything.

I have some connections as in a friend of a friend, of a friend. So I'll try to work those angles, but I wouldn't expect anything. But overall I wasn't encouraged by what I saw in the least bit, SoJ is completely cut off from the rest of the world. That would kind of explain why they don't really know or care about their international fanbase. And also inside the company, it seems like the divisions don't even talk to each other. So if the game ever does come out I would expect a lot more red-tape and bullshit.

NoiseHERO
Feb 27, 2013, 12:16 AM

Also I tried to goto SoJ today. Didn't get past the information desk. Unless you have an appointment with XX in XX department at XX time, you can't even get inside. I tried to pull the "i have to go to the bathroom" and try running inside. It almost worked, but the security guard still had line of site, so I wasn't able to run off an cause any chaos. But aside from that, there weren't any markings or anything to indicate what was where and even the people at the front desk had any idea of what was going inside the company. Also every door had a key card reader, so there's no way to get in anywhere important with out one. Also there's no information on the website as to contact information about anyone or anything.

I have some connections as in a friend of a friend, of a friend. So I'll try to work those angles, but I wouldn't expect anything. But overall I wasn't encouraged by what I saw in the least bit, SoJ is completely cut off from the rest of the world. That would kind of explain why they don't really know or care about their international fanbase. And also inside the company, it seems like the divisions don't even talk to each other. So if the game ever does come out I would expect a lot more red-tape and bullshit.

LOL no Kion it's okay you don't have to do that. D:

Kion stop. D:

Blackheart521
Feb 27, 2013, 12:21 AM

Damn Kion, Trying to sneak into SoJ ^^; That's dedication right there... regardless of the fact that nothing came of it.

EvilMag
Feb 27, 2013, 12:22 AM
You should of hired Freddie Wong to sneak in Kion.

Kion
Feb 27, 2013, 12:26 AM
You should of hired Freddie Wong to sneak in Kion.

Problem is that even if you get in, there's no way of knowing what's where as there are no markings inside the building.

Damn Kion, Trying to sneak into SoJ ^^; That's dedication right there... regardless of the fact that nothing came of it.

I was thinking it of it more as an ultimatum. I'm a fourth year college student which means I'll be going to work for a company next year. If my presence at Sega would help content to be translated better, or more cooperation with their international fanbase, or help with marketing, or I'm also a web programmer so I maybe able to help the service in someway in NA. Or basically in anyway help legitimately help Sega produce their product to reach more people then I'd happily do it. But if the company continues to ignore their fanbase, then it's really not worth my time continuing to support their product. And arguably not worth your time either.

Alucadra
Feb 27, 2013, 01:20 AM

Somebody get this man a medal! No but for real man that's freaking dedication! I'd maybe kick a pebble at their building then walk away grumbling strange things.... and then probably cry later knowing I've gained nothing new... PHANTASY STAR 2 I JUST WANT TO PLAY YOU! Why do you have to have such a mean, uncaring father!

pso2love
Feb 27, 2013, 10:48 AM
Add in David Shin (SoA)

UPDATED: Added David Shin @ SEGA of America to the petition.

pso2love
Feb 27, 2013, 10:53 AM

Yeah, I could've told you that you wouldn't be able to talk to anyone over there without an appointment... but the fact that you tried to go to SoJ like that, you get my respect. :beer:

What would really help me out with this petition is if I had the right people to address over at SoJ, as well as an email address for SoJ. I will use their contact form for the time being.

But for now, I'm reminding you all the next few days are crucial. Spam this petition in every news article about Phantasy Star Online 2, especially where gamer sites post new articles about the Vita version.

3luegroove
Feb 27, 2013, 10:59 AM

Kion..... surely I will name a PSO2 character after you!

Better still, should you be inclined to try that insane move again and get through AND ask for the Vita version to be localised too and it is, I will impregnate my wife in honor of your great deed and that child shall be named Kion.....

Sir, I salute you!

Sierhiet
Feb 27, 2013, 11:41 AM
After submitting a request to Sega of America to better inform its players, I was answered by a Nico B., customer support. This is what I received:

"The game is going to be coming to the US, though there is no official release date yet. Part of the reason there has been very little information on the western side of things is that Sega of Japan is still entirely in control of everything related to PSO2. That will change as one gets closer to the release of the game. However you still may want to create a post on the sega forums to discuss this topic with the community.

http://forums.sega.com/ "

It's not the answer we want, but it does explain the lack of information. My suggestion is to take the information currently released in Japan, translate it, and give us some information absorb while we wait.

Clarification on the bolded would probably answer so many questions regarding not only this release, but all previous installment issues. If this is indeed accurate, it seems to put a lot of weight in the theory that SoA can do very little without SoJ consent from content to marketing. Is he implying localization is not even fully within the hands of SoA?

Alucadra
Feb 27, 2013, 12:01 PM
Clarification on the bolded would probably answer so many questions regarding not only this release, but all previous installment issues. If this is indeed accurate, it seems to put a lot of weight in the theory that SoA can do very little without SoJ consent from content to marketing. Is he implying localization is not even fully within the hands of SoA?

That's kind of a scary thought.... and here I thought all the people clamoring "It's not even going to come out for the west qq" were all crazy but it seems like there is actually some level of concern if that's whats going on behind the scenes.

Sierhiet
Feb 27, 2013, 12:22 PM
That's kind of a scary thought.... and here I thought all the people clamoring "It's not even going to come out for the west qq" were all crazy but it seems like there is actually some level of concern if that's whats going on behind the scenes.

No, if their representative said the game is coming, then I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. That isn't my concern here. I'm more so implying that the people constantly clamoring to throw SoA under the bus may be misguided. From what we've just read, localization seems to be in much less hands of our native branch then previously thought. SoJ may hold the reins to everything. That's why I'd like more clarification.

Finalzone
Feb 27, 2013, 01:50 PM
About international release, I think the Japanese version is very much an eternal beta with bug fixes. SoJ goal is to make sure PSO2 to be successful worldwide, it will not be surprising the release will be available for all system from PC to Playstation Vita via Mobile.
The infrastructure is in place as evidence of language selection though incomplete. Security layers needs overhaul because Gameguard is not a viable solution. Microsoft already depreciate Direct3D library meaning OpenGL would e a must should SoJ made it available to other platform (Valve made a great job with Stream for Linux).
Quality assurance is one element SoJ needs to work on international release.
It takes times to fully make sure the launch will be succesfull.

pso2love
Feb 27, 2013, 04:14 PM

If this is so... then all the more reason to figure out who to address over at SEGA Of Japan.

pso2love
Feb 27, 2013, 04:20 PM
About international release, I think the Japanese version is very much an eternal beta with bug fixes. SoJ goal is to make sure PSO2 to be successful worldwide, it will not be surprising the release will be available for all system from PC to Playstation Vita via Mobile.
The infrastructure is in place as evidence of language selection though incomplete. Security layers needs overhaul because Gameguard is not a viable solution. Microsoft already depreciate Direct3D library meaning OpenGL would e a must should SoJ made it available to other platform (Valve made a great job with Stream for Linux).

That makes sense, seeing that we still haven't heard anything from SoA before the official release of the PS Vita version in Japan, which will happen shortly.

I personally would love to be able to play PSO2 on the Steam Box, even the Ouya if possible (how they would cross-platform the Ouya with the PC and Vita would surely be an awesome thing to think about).

Still, if SEGA can at least address the concerns of the Western fanbase by giving us an update on the progress of western release, it would be very much appreciated. Are they going to wait another five days after the Vita release to tell us something, just like they did the PC release? That would be reasonable.

pso2love
Feb 27, 2013, 04:26 PM

Under the first field, there are a few options which none of them I can translate. Which one would be the best option for this purpose?

untrustful
Feb 27, 2013, 04:37 PM

Under the first field, there are a few options which none of them I can translate. Which one would be the best option for this purpose?

グッズについて: For Goods
会社情報について: For Company Information
環境・社会活動について: For Environmental and Social Activities
採用情報について: For Information on Careers
Webサイトについて: About the website
プライバシーポリシーについて: Privacy Policy
その他について: Other

pso2love
Feb 27, 2013, 05:03 PM
グッズについて: For Goods
会社情報について: For Company Information
環境・社会活動について: For Environmental and Social Activities
採用情報について: For Information on Careers
Webサイトについて: About the website
プライバシーポリシーについて: Privacy Policy
その他について: Other

Thanks. :)

Is there anyone else you guys know of that I can make attention to at SEGA Of Japan? Would it be a good idea to put Satoshi Sakai?

Alucadra
Mar 1, 2013, 04:55 AM
Well hey now that the PSO2 is out on the Vita over in Japan they shouldn't have anything else eating up resources right? Maybe we'll get some info next month. *crosses fingers*

dooby613
Mar 1, 2013, 11:29 AM
Sega took forever to show anything of pso2 after it's announcement. PSO games generally take at least a year after being released in Japan to come to the US. I'd start paying attention in May.

Kion
Mar 1, 2013, 11:34 AM

This is the conclusion that I came to as well. If SoJ releases the game in Japan to fix bugs and get player feedback before releasing the game else where once it's stable. If that's the case then once they're done with the vita release then announcing the international version would likely be the next likely step. The other thing is that if SoJ is handling the international release as well, the could the servers be dare say, linked!!!?? I'm pretty sure Sega isn't blind to the fact that a ton of foreign players are on ship two.

That contact form is mostly for lost passwords and stuff. I tried sending the link to my patch site and didn't get a response. I get the feeling that the people checking those are underlings with no real say in what goes on with the game. The staff does seem to pay attention to twitter, so enough people tweeting at the official pso2 account might get noticed. But like I said above, it might be a good idea to wait a just a little longer to see if there isn't some kind of announcement first.

Thanks. :)
Is there anyone else you guys know of that I can make attention to at SEGA Of Japan? Would it be a good idea to put Satoshi Sakai?

Something did come out of my stupid "let's show up at Sega not-plan-thingy". The development of Pso2 takes place at this address in Haneda. 〒144-8531 東京都大田区羽田一丁目2番12号 Because that's the place where the game is developed, there's no listed external phone number, the only way to get in is to be an employee, or have a specific appointment with a specific person, in a specific department at a specific time. But that's the location where the game is being developed and where Sakai goes to work everyday, and I'm pretty sure it's the location where the live stream is filmed as well. But the majority of the staff that have some influence on the game is probably at that address.

This address here in Shinagawa is the main Sega head quarters, 〒140-8583 東京都品川区東品川1丁目39番9号カナルサイドビル where I kind of wandered the halls. Side note you need a key card to get into any door, there is no front desk, but you can freely walk around the meeting area. Who knew... Anyways, the phone number is 03-6871-7660. But it's the main headquarters of Sega Sammy group and there is likely to be someone there in charge of something, but if they can talk or have any influence over the game at all is unknown. It is likely the location for where localization or marketing for the game is likely to takes place. Hopefully that helps, I'm trying to pool my contacts to see if I can't get an appointment for a second go myself at the moment.

pso2love
Mar 1, 2013, 02:06 PM
This is the conclusion that I came to as well. If SoJ releases the game in Japan to fix bugs and get player feedback before releasing the game else where once it's stable. If that's the case then once they're done with the vita release then announcing the international version would likely be the next likely step. The other thing is that if SoJ is handling the international release as well, the could the servers be dare say, linked!!!?? I'm pretty sure Sega isn't blind to the fact that a ton of foreign players are on ship two.

Most likely, yeah, after vita release is good, then we might hear something. While the possibility of future linkage is a nice thought, so that English players could move their accounts over to the NA/EU servers... One of the issues would be the price of Arks Cash in the west, since Sakai stated before that cash handling would be a problem if the servers were global.

That contact form is mostly for lost passwords and stuff. I tried sending the link to my patch site and didn't get a response. I get the feeling that the people checking those are underlings with no real say in what goes on with the game. The staff does seem to pay attention to twitter, so enough people tweeting at the official pso2 account might get noticed. But like I said above, it might be a good idea to wait a just a little longer to see if there isn't some kind of announcement first.

I see...

Something did come out of my stupid "let's show up at Sega not-plan-thingy". The development of Pso2 takes place at this address in Haneda. 〒144-8531 東京都大田区羽田一丁目2番12号 Because that's the place where the game is developed, there's no listed external phone number, the only way to get in is to be an employee, or have a specific appointment with a specific person, in a specific department at a specific time. But that's the location where the game is being developed and where Sakai goes to work everyday, and I'm pretty sure it's the location where the live stream is filmed as well. But the majority of the staff that have some influence on the game is probably at that address.

This address here in Shinagawa is the main Sega head quarters, 〒140-8583 東京都品川区東品川1丁目39番9号カナルサイドビル where I kind of wandered the halls. Side note you need a key card to get into any door, there is no front desk, but you can freely walk around the meeting area. Who knew... Anyways, the phone number is 03-6871-7660. But it's the main headquarters of Sega Sammy group and there is likely to be someone there in charge of something, but if they can talk or have any influence over the game at all is unknown. It is likely the location for where localization or marketing for the game is likely to takes place. Hopefully that helps, I'm trying to pool my contacts to see if I can't get an appointment for a second go myself at the moment.

Does anyone there speak English? I would try to make a call, but I'm not sure if I would get far doing that.

I commend you for doing what you can, Kion, as the info you've provided us helps.
Thanks! :)
That said, I'm still not sure what else to add to the petition, that would get SoJ's attention.

Kion
Mar 1, 2013, 02:19 PM
That said, I'm still not sure what else to add to the petition, that would get SoJ's attention.

I don't think it's a matter of what, as much as how and who. Sakai and the development team definitely seem responsive to fan input and they like the attention. The problem is what channel is going to get noticed. I think giving them some time; maybe April or May and then depending on what happens, spam their twitter account? :-?

Alucadra
Mar 1, 2013, 09:40 PM
I agree Twitter has a pretty huge influence and you can get into contact with devs directly very easily the question is if they'll pay attention to you since they get flooded with fan spam all the time. Thanks everyone for all the effort you guys are putting into this really appreciate the fans getting together to try and make a difference.

gigawuts
Mar 1, 2013, 09:47 PM
I agree re: Bug fixing until the Vita release. It'd be smart to do it that way.

The thing is, many separate international releases do not actually implement all the fixes at launch - it's so lazily and messily coded that it's essentially part of the update it launched with. Hopefully the silence is the result of them working hard to actually make these part of the initial launch.

lostinseganet
Mar 2, 2013, 07:59 AM
Maybe they will keep it this way so that they will not have to bother with nagging American soccer moms !!!

HandOfThornz
Mar 2, 2013, 08:43 AM
Anyone know if SEGA will be at Pax East(Boston) 2013 on the 22/23 March?

We might finally get some more details, considering PSO2 was last shown at the last Pax event.

Cagedtaytay
Mar 2, 2013, 09:46 AM
Anyone know if SEGA will be at Pax East(Boston) 2013 on the 22/23 March?

We might finally get some more details, considering PSO2 was last shown at the last Pax event.

And if we don't, all hope is lost.

Alucadra
Mar 2, 2013, 11:48 AM
And if we don't, all hope is lost.

QQ forever alone!

Cagedtaytay
Mar 2, 2013, 01:42 PM
QQ forever alone!

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/sWfqc.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Kion
Mar 4, 2013, 08:31 PM
Bumpity.

On second thought it might be a better idea to start spamming SoJ's twitter and player support form sooner than later to avoid this:

I KNEW IT! IT WAS XION NOT SHION!
ahem, lets see....:

Tiea?
Oza..ok
Marlur!?!?!?
RISA!?!?!?
JAN!?!?
JIG!! Omg lol.
Aki's companion........is right.lol.
Casra?
Chroto is kool.

Some of these are just plain weird.

I REFUSE.

That is the absolute worst possible romanisation you can possibly come up with. There is nothing else on that page as bad as "Clariskrays". At the very least, separate the two ("Claris Krays")!

You have problems with that name and not D-arkers? Sega is that corny.

Sega should honestly just use the fan translation patch as the actual product. I don't think sega would respond to a petition, but if a message got a thousand retweets or something. Or they got a thousand tweets tweeted at them. I'm pretty sure they would take note. Sooner than later seems like a good time to move before this shit becomes official.

gigawuts
Mar 4, 2013, 08:38 PM
It looks like every single name is different from the patch specifically so nobody can claim they got the names from the patch.

Which, of course, means they did get the names from the patch, and then made a point to change every one of them.

Seriously. "Afin." With one F. Jan? Come on.

Most of them are fine though, even Risa is passable tbh. It's just a couple that are serious stretches.

Kion
Mar 4, 2013, 08:47 PM
Actually not exactly. In the pc data there are some fragments of names that were in there to begin with. I've definitely seens risa, clarisa krays, and chroto were there already. Mostly with D-Arkers and stuff like that it only seems like a non-native English speaker translated the game into english. The games Engrish launcher makes it seems like that might be the case as well.

Meta77
Mar 4, 2013, 08:50 PM
I still have a glimmer of hope in my belly seeing as the american site is still running and looping.

Alucadra
Mar 5, 2013, 12:18 AM
You still have a glimmer of hope? Uhoh don't tell Sega that.

Kion
Mar 5, 2013, 01:11 AM
I still have a glimmer of hope in my belly seeing as the american site is still running and looping.

Except that it hasn't been updated or touched in months. I mean common, would you expect any less trolling from the company that created Dudu?

http://rubese.net/twisoq/img/4c5fc99825c0e893c6dd13fd71a7531c.jpg

pso2love
Mar 5, 2013, 06:22 PM
I think giving them some time; maybe April or May and then depending on what happens, spam their twitter account? :-?

If SEGA doesn't say anything by April/May, then yes, I will create a twitter account just for that purpose.

Kion
Mar 5, 2013, 08:23 PM
Personally i'd like to get in contact with them sooner than later. Are they planning to link the NA and JP servers? Will NA be independent? Who will be managing the content? Left to their own devises, it's highly possible that it maybe a typical international Sega release. They really haven't given much indication or information on the international release and that worries me.

Alucadra
Mar 5, 2013, 08:25 PM
That's pretty lenient another 2 months for a game that should have already been done and released? I'd say start now rather than later no harm done in trying yeah?

gigawuts
Mar 5, 2013, 08:34 PM
Somehow I don't think spamming their twitter is going to make matters any better.

Mike
Mar 5, 2013, 08:43 PM
Are they planning to link the NA and JP servers?
This is a no. Sakai said the international servers and Japanese servers would be seperate because of the laws regarding cash shops in an old 4Gamer interview.

The Walrus
Mar 5, 2013, 08:43 PM
At least it'll be entertaining

reptile7383
Mar 5, 2013, 08:54 PM
Somehow I don't think spamming their twitter is going to make matters any better.

It would probably make us feel better

Kion
Mar 5, 2013, 09:27 PM
That's pretty lenient another 2 months for a game that should have already been done and released? I'd say start now rather than later no harm done in trying yeah?

That sounds about right. I'm trying to get a sense of what's going on. So far Japan has gotten a whole year of service, with consistent updates, service, six live streams, and consistent presence with gaming magazines. And NA has gotten... nothing. Sounds like what we've come to expect so far. If the servers are separate, then it'd be likely that PSU happens again; server doesn't get any support, loses player base and get's cut off.

At this point the game is pretty much mostly translated, people can get AC via other stores selling prepaid cards and it's probably just a matter of time until someone figures out how to get the weapon names translated. Is there any reason to even look forward to an international release at this point? The only reason that I really want to get in touch with Sega, is pretty much what the fanbase is doing, pso-w message board, bumped.org with updates, egs and arks-layer with timely translations is what sega should be doing, and it's extremely pathetic that they're not.

pso2love
Mar 5, 2013, 10:10 PM
That sounds about right. I'm trying to get a sense of what's going on. So far Japan has gotten a whole year of service, with consistent updates, service, six live streams, and consistent presence with gaming magazines. And NA has gotten... nothing. Sounds like what we've come to expect so far. If the servers are separate, then it'd be likely that PSU happens again; server doesn't get any support, loses player base and get's cut off.

At this point the game is pretty much mostly translated, people can get AC via other stores selling prepaid cards and it's probably just a matter of time until someone figures out how to get the weapon names translated. Is there any reason to even look forward to an international release at this point? The only reason that I really want to get in touch with Sega, is pretty much what the fanbase is doing, pso-w message board, bumped.org with updates, egs and arks-layer with timely translations is what sega should be doing, and it's extremely pathetic that they're not.

I agree... this release should get similar advertising when ready (hoping).

Edward does have an official message board over at forums.sega.com for both JP and West versions (go figure)... however, I still feel that PSOW is the best. Just as much bashing, if not more over there.

So, what is the message we should be sending SEGA by twitter? http://ct.fra.bz/ol/fz/sw/i49/5/5/13/frabz-lord-fox-at-your-service-c163c9.jpg

Alucadra
Mar 5, 2013, 10:27 PM
PLOX CAN HAZ NAO ENYTING BOUT DAT PSO2 WEST PLZ!

Lol jk but I think you need to set a serious tone without coming down as condescending or demanding. Stern, but not ignorant. Tldr; make them see we're
incredibly passionate about PSO2 and some of us are literally starting to have reasonable doubts we'll see PSO2 West anytime this year or worst case, ever.

Now don't tell them I told you this... but I went over to the PSO2 section of the Sega forums and was disgusted with some of the posts I saw there... We don't even hold a candle to them in that regard and I'm glad. The pso world community has and always will be great.

Kion
Mar 5, 2013, 10:44 PM
PLOX CAN HAZ NAO ENYTING BOUT DAT PSO2 WEST PLZ!

Lol jk but I think you need to set a serious tone without coming down as condescending or demanding. Stern, but not ignorant. Tldr; make them see we're
incredibly passionate about PSO2 and some of us are literally starting to have reasonable doubts we'll see PSO2 West anytime this year or worst case, ever.

Now don't tell them I told you this... but I went over to the PSO2 section of the Sega forums and was disgusted with some of the posts I saw there... We don't even hold a candle to them in that regard and I'm glad. The pso world community has and always will be great.

More than anything we want a response (and their attention). The other thing we want them to understand how pissed off we are. So I'd actually advocate trolling the shit of of them.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z88/kion_01/troll_zps15567490.jpg

gigawuts
Mar 5, 2013, 10:46 PM
If you think making attacks on Sega, trolling them, and spamming their public accounts on twitter and facebook is going to make them want to make the game any faster...

Seriously people how do you think any of this is actually a good idea?

Sizustar
Mar 5, 2013, 10:50 PM
If you think making attacks on Sega, trolling them, and spamming their public accounts on twitter and facebook is going to make them want to make the game any faster...

Maybe, they just want any reaction, due to the lack of info?
Or they can believe that by acting like a child at a candy store, the adult will buy the candy for them?

Kion
Mar 5, 2013, 11:01 PM

Well they do seem to be doing a pretty damn good job of ignoring all of the shit on the facebook account... For me it's mostly curiosity. Sega's JP side had updates prior to the game being released, constant updates, streams and updates from the development team.

So where are things falling through? Are SoJ and SoA not talking to each other? Is there some problem with coding the game? Are there problems with setting up the server? If there are, then why aren't we given the same courtesy as the japanese players who are clued in on it?

If their attitude of not including any information or updates is any indication the level of commitment for the international version then we're fucked. At this point there's no reason to play on the NA version over the JP version, so it's not like there's anything to lose from trying to get a response from SoJ.

Edit: Meh, fuck it. Jp server with English is good enough. If Sega wants to suck that's their problem.

ghosttr
Mar 6, 2013, 03:39 AM
I don't think petitioning will help much. Sega only cares about money (unfortunately for us), and as far as revenue sources are concerned the western PC version of the game is pretty far down on the list.

Merumeru
Mar 6, 2013, 04:17 AM
X3 I'm unfortunately aboard with the naysayers; petitions are great for expressing that there is a plentiful demand for something; but that's not the motivation SoA needs to get things rolling XP just can't hold your breath

Kion
Mar 6, 2013, 06:51 AM
I don't think petitioning will help much. Sega only cares about money (unfortunately for us), and as far as revenue sources are concerned the western PC version of the game is pretty far down on the list.

That's kind of exactly the thing though. There are likely thousands of people from over 70 countries playing on the Japanese server. That's a huge population of people going out of their way to play a game not available in their own region. Sega could probably make a huge sum of money if they actually followed up and supported an international release too. For the players as well, translations help, but I'm pretty sure people would like to be able to buy AC directly, have weapons names in English, and not have to repatch the game every update. What pisses me off is that Sega definitely has the capacity to release this game abroad, and get ample profits for doing so. But for what ever reason they're just not.

eharima
Mar 6, 2013, 09:15 AM
let the speculation begin wwww

Phantasy Star Online 2 Closed Beta
Start Date: April 24 2013
End Date: May 8 2013

Phantasy Star Online 2 Open Beta
Start Date: May 22 2013
End Date: June 19 2013

Phantasy Star Online 2 Full Release
Start Date: June 26 2013

huehueuhe

uncle at sega ect

Alucadra
Mar 6, 2013, 09:22 AM
April 3rd. Since bugs have been worked out with the load of content we'll get... since we'll probably be behind AGAIN!... Anything later and I'm occupying Sega of America.

Zipzo
Mar 6, 2013, 09:25 AM
That's kind of exactly the thing though. There are likely thousands of people from over 70 countries playing on the Japanese server. That's a huge population of people going out of their way to play a game not available in their own region. Sega could probably make a huge sum of money if they actually followed up and supported an international release too. For the players as well, translations help, but I'm pretty sure people would like to be able to buy AC directly, have weapons names in English, and not have to repatch the game every update. What pisses me off is that Sega definitely has the capacity to release this game abroad, and get ample profits for doing so. But for what ever reason they're just not.

And have you forgotten that a large chunk of these players will still prefer playing JP because of SEGAs proven lack of ability to keep up with updates? Just because there are English speaking players doesn't mean the deman for an English server is high.

gigawuts
Mar 6, 2013, 09:25 AM
Nothing outweighs the swathes of players they're looking to market to who have never heard of PS in the first place.

They're in the F2P market now. The fans no longer matter.

The business model is 100% about getting people to play for a month, pay 40 bucks because "it's still cheaper than a regular game!" and ragequit or buy a booster when they get RNG-blocked for the first time then quit, but not before having told all their friends how much fun the game is in normal mode. When the market is saturated they'll either make PSO3 or actually fix shit.

Cagedtaytay
Mar 6, 2013, 09:56 AM
Nothing outweighs the swathes of players they're looking to market to who have never heard of PS in the first place.

They're in the F2P market now. The fans no longer matter.

The business model is 100% about getting people to play for a month, pay 40 bucks because "it's still cheaper than a regular game!" and ragequit or buy a booster when they get RNG-blocked for the first time then quit, but not before having told all their friends how much fun the game is in normal mode. When the market is saturated they'll either make PSO3 or actually fix shit.

PSO3.
Because we want to go through this again.

gigawuts
Mar 6, 2013, 10:08 AM
PSO3.
Because we want to go through this again.

Yet it's exactly what gamers at large are doing - enormous numbers of gamers jump from one F2P game to the next every time one releases and drop 5-30 bucks on it, then go to a new one when the current one stops being fun and they get to the real meat of the game. The real meat of the game being, of course, cash grab mechanics. But they fail to realize that in paying them smidgens of cash in such large numbers they're directly promoting this BS tactic.

It's like if ubisoft's DRM was actually successful despite every single gamer hating it. Imagine if there was a 5 dollar DLC to disable the DRM, on top of the base cost, and almost every player bought it. Companies would be tripping over eachother trying to implement an identical system to get some of that sweet, sweet effortless profit. "So all we do is put in another few more lines of code, and we up our profits by HOW MUCH?"

That is F2P.

ThePendragon
Mar 6, 2013, 01:16 PM
I think the problem most of you have is that you assume that SEGA has rational motivations that can be deduced/assumed. For instance, so many people seem to think that SEGA is motivated by making money, or listening to the fans or some other such rational goal. They're not.

No one really knows what motivates them to do what they do. It's almost like they have a dart board of random actions on the wall they use to pick their next move. They so often take every action possible to ensure their products will be commercial failures. Sometimes they will try their best to appease their fans, and then immediately turn around and ignore them, and then turn around intentionally screw them over and piss them off, only to go back to trying to please.

tl;dr version. SEGA makes no sense, stop trying to make sense of SEGA.

Daiyousei
Mar 6, 2013, 01:47 PM
let the speculation begin wwww

huehueuhe

uncle at sega ect

I suppose you posted this on facebook as well? https://www.facebook.com/sega.pso2?filter=2

pso2love
Mar 6, 2013, 04:37 PM
I'm laughing at the guy that posted the closed beta info on facebook. Obvious troll is obvious.

Taigerr
Mar 6, 2013, 04:42 PM
wtf, wtf, WTF is Sega playing at???? OK I admit I have only played this game a handful of times (Vita) and am still very much a newbie but I just did a run with Ceil, Chai, Fayt and Tesscheck/Grey this evening and Knightheart and Mousie a little earlier (thanks for putting up with me folks)..... this game rokks and its playable on 3 blooming G on vita!!!!! Man if Sega just pushed the Vita version now in the west they would clean up.... i can't believe the hype around the likes of Soul Sacrifice IMHO and many would be saying Monster Hunter What if they knew about this game.... a real shame cos so far it pretty awesome....

Shadowth117
Mar 6, 2013, 04:52 PM
wtf, wtf, WTF is Sega playing at???? OK I admit I have only played this game a handful of times (Vita) and am still very much a newbie but I just did a run with Ceil, Chai and Fayt this evening and Knightheart and Mousie a little earlier (thanks for putting up with me folks)..... this game rokks and its playable on 3 blooming G on vita!!!!! Man if Sega just pushed the Vita version now in the west they would clean up.... i can't believe the hype around the likes of Soul Sacrifice IMHO and many would be saying Monster Hunter What if they knew about this game.... a real shame cos so far it pretty awesome....

While not the same situation, this has been the case with all Phantasy Star Online based games in our territory. It is very much a shame that a single player platformer is pushed so much here that other franchises aren't even given screen time. I and a lot of other people feel like many gamers in our territory would enjoy the game, but SEGA for some reason doesn't even want people to know it exists. :sleepy:

Alucadra
Mar 6, 2013, 06:00 PM
Yeah he posted the JP dates and just changed it to 2013 lolz

Rekku
Mar 6, 2013, 06:18 PM
Yeah he posted the JP dates and just changed it to 2013 lolzBut... those aren't the JP dates. IIRC, the closed and open beta dates were earlier in 2012 than what that guy posted, with the open beta ending pretty close to the full release on July 4.

Alucadra
Mar 6, 2013, 06:41 PM
Close enough

Either way that Facebook page is getting to be a bit ridiculous literally every post is a hate speech insulting the previous posters intelligence in a never ending conquest to be "right" about what Sega is doing and when informaton about PSO2 International comes out.

pso2love
Mar 6, 2013, 08:23 PM
Close enough

Either way that Facebook page is getting to be a bit ridiculous literally every post is a hate speech insulting the previous posters intelligence in a never ending conquest to be "right" about what Sega is doing and when informaton about PSO2 International comes out.

This is exactly why I chose to start the petition, with the help from other fans... so there would be ONE clear, polite message that fans would get behind, and not a whole bunch of hate speech. Edward already got the hint: http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?466097-Petition-to-SEGA-for-PSO2-West-update&p=7860148&viewfull=1#post7860148

~Aya~
Mar 6, 2013, 08:26 PM
Gib NA pso2 right meow! That good and clear enough?

Alucadra
Mar 6, 2013, 09:05 PM
Is it just me or is Sega starting to wipe a lot of the posts off their facebook? Earlier there were like 20 posts jut made within the past week now the newest one is Feb 14th? Maybe they're starting to clear their page up a bit for an announcement! *screams like a school girl* YEAH!

pso2love
Mar 6, 2013, 09:19 PM
Sega only cares about money (unfortunately for us), and as far as revenue sources are concerned the western PC version of the game is pretty far down on the list.

http://segabits.com/blog/2013/02/06/breaking-down-and-explaining-the-sega-sammy-q3-2013-results/
This is what I wanted to point out:
“Phantasy Star Online 2 – Over 1.7 million registered users”
Think about it, at that point, theres no telling what possible income that might be…

Is it just me or is Sega starting to wipe a lot of the posts off their facebook? Earlier there were like 20 posts jut made within the past week now the newest one is Feb 14th? Maybe they're starting to clear their page up a bit for an announcement! *screams like a school girl* YEAH!

It would be nice if they did start clearing posts... however, it still looks the same.

http://pastebin.com/x7CsRNwC Yeah, I don't know who Zoku is on the official blog, but he/she shared this link. Most likely, this is where Akira got the info. Unless SEGA makes an official statement making this info legit, I'm not even going to consider it, and neither should anyone else.

Cagedtaytay
Mar 6, 2013, 11:05 PM
http://pastebin.com/x7CsRNwC Yeah, I don't know who Zoku is on the official blog, but he/she shared this link. Most likely, this is where Akira got the info. Unless SEGA makes an official statement making this info legit, I'm not even going to consider it, and neither should anyone else.

Already saw this mentioned in some other thread. Some guy posted this on facebook, everyones sure he is just trolling us.

Alucadra
Mar 6, 2013, 11:12 PM
If those dates were true I'd rage that long for betas when the game has been in JP for so long? I doubt it. I kind of doubt International will even have a CBT tbh and even if it does I can't see the beta's lasting any longer than a week.

Rien
Mar 7, 2013, 02:42 AM
>beta >no fi/gu/te until june

lolololololol content fail

Blackheart521
Mar 7, 2013, 05:35 AM
>beta >no fi/gu/te until june

lolololololol content fail

Faster than JP got fi/gu/te out of beta, that's how I'd expect it to be, sure they aren't on par with JP servers but if it went the way that the link said then it wouldn't be too bad on the international servers because the content would be trailing JP by about 2-3 months

Sierhiet
Mar 8, 2013, 08:19 AM
http://m.kotaku.com/5928484/cant-wait-for-phantasy-star-online-2-heres-how-to-play-the-japanese-version

Here is the Kotaku article I mentioned was imminent. As mentioned before, your going to want to take this opportunity to share.

pso2love
Mar 8, 2013, 01:04 PM
http://m.kotaku.com/5928484/cant-wait-for-phantasy-star-online-2-heres-how-to-play-the-japanese-version

Here is the Kotaku article I mentioned was imminent. As mentioned before, your going to want to take this opportunity to share.

Thanks! :3 just posted.

400 signatures! That's more than double the signatures from the petition asking for western announcement. Keep going! :3

Just got word that somebody knows someone that is willing to help translate the petition into Japanese. We will see if they can come through.

Raveno
Mar 8, 2013, 01:41 PM
this may sound ignorant..but whats the difference between the JP game and NA game? and why do we need a beta since JP already had a beta (from what i remember was pretty darn short)

is it testing bugs from the translation? or are they actually putting in some different actual content?

Alucadra
Mar 8, 2013, 01:42 PM
Nice job!

Link1275
Mar 8, 2013, 01:49 PM
this may sound ignorant..but whats the difference between the JP game and NA game? and why do we need a beta since JP already had a beta (from what i remember was pretty darn short)

is it testing bugs from the translation? or are they actually putting in some different actual content?
The JP version won't stink, have its release day content for the entire lifespan of the game, will actually ban cheaters who interfere with other's game play experience, and won't be ignored 24/7. The international version is the exact opposite of the JP version, at least with Sega anyways. The only pluses to the international version is everything will be in just about any language you want without a patch, and you don't have AC markup.

Kion
Mar 8, 2013, 02:04 PM
Thanks! :3 just posted.

400 signatures! That's more than double the signatures from the petition asking for western announcement. Keep going! :3

Just got word that somebody knows someone that is willing to help translate the petition into Japanese. We will see if they can come through.

Stylistically english and japanese don't exactly mix well in a 1:1 literal translation. But for what it's worth, here it is.

2012年7月9日、ファンタジースターオンライン2が日本に開催されてから5日間後にファンタジースター オンライン2の英語版が2013年の頭にでる発表されました。それからはpso2.jpが立ち上がれ、PA X2012年に簡単なデモが見せられた以上は日本外のリリースの情報はいっさい出てません。

2013年になってからもう3ヶ月が経ち、ファンはまだ進行報告を待ってます。皆は出るんだと信じたいです が、セガからの情報がなくてファンが不安を感じるようになってきました。

まだ知らないことが多く、ダビングの言語の選択は可能?翻訳はどこまで進んでる?モバイル版とPS・Vit a版も開催されますか?コンテンツは日本と比べて遅くくるんですか?

ファンのほうではゲームの開発は開発者とプレイヤーが満足できるようなゲームをローカライズをするにはかな り時間と金が必要だとわかります。こっちこそファンタジースターオンライン2をアメリカとヨーロッパで成功 させたいのです。ゲームの進行はどこまで進んでるかわかるように、せめて状況を知らせて欲しい です。

[Your Name]より

pso2love
Mar 8, 2013, 04:44 PM
Stylistically english and japanese don't exactly mix well in a 1:1 literal translation. But for what it's worth, here it is.

2012年7月9日、ファンタジースターオンライン2が日本に開催されてから5日間後にファンタジースター オンライン2の英語版が2013年の頭にでる発表されました。それからはpso2.jpが立ち上がれ、PA X2012年に簡単なデモが見せられた以上は日本外のリリースの情報はいっさい出てません。

2013年になってからもう3ヶ月が経ち、ファンはまだ進行報告を待ってます。皆は出るんだと信じたいです が、セガからの情報がなくてファンが不安を感じるようになってきました。

ファンのほうではゲームの開発は開発者とプレイヤーが満足できるようなゲームをローカライズをするにはかな り時間と金が必要だとわかります。こっちこそファンタジースターオンライン2をアメリカとヨーロッパで成功 させたいのです。ゲームの進行はどこまで進んでるかわかるように、せめて状況を知らせて欲しい です。

[Your Name]より

Thanks again, Kion. :3

Now, let the twitter spamming commence!... (I don't use twitter v.v)

Cagedtaytay
Mar 8, 2013, 05:42 PM
Thanks again, Kion. :3

Now, let the twitter spamming commence!... (I don't use twitter v.v)

Use twitter.

Emp
Mar 8, 2013, 06:01 PM
Be nice to hv a localization but the community will be dwindled down to prolly a few hundred compared to like the thousands or so in Asia. Also experienced players would prolly hv to start all over.

Sierhiet
Mar 8, 2013, 09:12 PM
Be nice to hv a localization but the community will be dwindled down to prolly a few hundred compared to like the thousands or so in Asia. Also experienced players would prolly hv to start all over.

I highly doubt I'm the only one who thinks that is a ridiculous claim. There isn't, by any means, going to be a larger English speaking population on the JP servers. At all. Especially if content is kept at an at least decent pace upon launch, even after starting bare bones. Your talking Japan (maybe Asia MINUS China) vs. the entirety of the States and Europe, in an F2P environment. If the cards are played right, the population as a whole on our release could potential surpass that of Japan's native servers.

And yes, "experienced players" will have to start all over, but most have already accepted that or simply will not partake in the US launch.

Shinamori
Mar 8, 2013, 09:12 PM
This like what Namco did with Tales of Graces F. They announced it for US/CAD and EU. We didn't get anything until like 2 months before it's release. Before it was announced, people were making petitions like nobody's business. They more people talk about, the more people will know about it. People will keep posting this petition on several forms. They did the same with Tales of Graces. Eventually, a PR registered on Tales Forums and gave us small information hinting at a western release which lead to the eventual announcement of Tales of Graces F's localization. They saw how bad we wanted and gave us a chance. Paid off quite well considering we're getting Tales of Xilla. About 2-3 months before the release, they were releasing character bios and random English screenshots. It's called a Hype Machine. Except with SoA, we have to build our own. My point is is that although petition never, or barely works. It does generate some publicity.

pso2love
Mar 8, 2013, 10:03 PM
This like what Namco did with Tales of Graces F. They announced it for US/CAD and EU. We didn't get anything until like 2 months before it's release. Before it was announced, people were making petitions like nobody's business. They more people talk about, the more people will know about it. People will keep posting this petition on several forms. They did the same with Tales of Graces. Eventually, a PR registered on Tales Forums and gave us small information hinting at a western release which lead to the eventual announcement of Tales of Graces F's localization. They saw how bad we wanted and gave us a chance. Paid off quite well considering we're getting Tales of Xilla. About 2-3 months before the release, they were releasing character bios and random English screenshots. It's called a Hype Machine. Except with SoA, we have to build our own. My point is is that although petition never, or barely works. It does generate some publicity.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. :-)

Alucadra
Mar 9, 2013, 02:21 PM
Looks like EA's twitter was being bombarded so heavily last night they were inclined to give everyone who bought SimCity a free PC game! Twitter spam op.

pso2love
Mar 10, 2013, 12:18 PM
https://twitter.com/sega_pso2

This is the twitter account? Allrighty... Ladies and gentleman... lets get to work.
I decided to use bit.ly to share the petition over there.

The Walrus
Mar 10, 2013, 01:07 PM
Good luck

Shinamori
Mar 10, 2013, 01:34 PM
https://twitter.com/sega_pso2

This is the twitter account? Allrighty... Ladies and gentleman... lets get to work.
I decided to use bit.ly to share the petition over there.

Try Sega's PSO2 Facebook page. That's the Japanse Twitter, probably won't do much.

pso2love
Mar 10, 2013, 01:45 PM
Try Sega's PSO2 Facebook page. That's the Japanse Twitter, probably won't do much.

We already got the facebook page. If you look through the previous comments in this thread, it is apparent that SoJ is in full control of anything PSO2 atm. It makes sense to get all of SEGA's attention about this, by including their twitter.

~Aya~
Mar 10, 2013, 01:48 PM
I have SoA following me on Twitter and i'm still posing questions and such.. their answers are usually not very convincing.. just.. stuff like.. "no release date yet, it's coming though."

Note: They are more likely to answer you if they follow you because you appear in their timeline.

Tonkatsu
Mar 10, 2013, 02:04 PM
Just to be clear, a petition's point IS TO WHINE. "Whining" sets the precedent that there are under-served fans in the western world that just want to know if this is happening in reasonable amount of time or if the novelty of the game will wear off well before its western debut. This is understandable from a fanboy's perspective but obviously these efforts are almost meaningless.

Of course SoA is working with SoJ and of course they're working on translations and updates. No shite! All we would like to know is how much they've got on their plate so we know how long to wait. The thing is we know that everyone that works for Sega isn't directly involved with the sonic team and the game development department so why doesn't one of them give us a "second" glimpse? I also understand that there are strict rules for Sega employees to keep their mouths shut but I think with all the progress made on JP servers, an update is warranted. I'm so glad you're all patient or bilingual, but some of us can't see investing so much time into something, like the JP version, that ultimately will be a waste of time if you switch over to the US servers. It would be smart marketing for outside their fanbase to start promoting this game.

Alucadra
Mar 10, 2013, 02:07 PM
Good luck! May Sega have mercy on us West/EU players!

Kion
Mar 10, 2013, 07:30 PM
What's your twitter account so I can retweet it?

Alucadra
Mar 10, 2013, 07:57 PM
I shall also retweet it as well! and I'll tell my followers on another social site to do so as well! I'm actually personal friends with the founder and I believe last he told me they had over 5,000 members. So potentially if he puts it up on the front page for like a day it could get a lot of hits.

gigawuts
Mar 10, 2013, 08:02 PM
Honestly though, the fact that they keep repeatedly saying "It's coming" is a good thing to be hearing.

Most of our bad experiences have been with content that would be "coming in the future," yes, but that was for a game that was already released.

This is a game that has yet to be released at all. They're not making any money off of this yet.

I'm really not even a little bit concerned that it won't release in the west, like some people seem to be feeling lately. It definitely will. What you should be worried about is the amount of content, and the number of bugs that were fixed in later patches in the JP version. You know, ordinary QA stuff. If they mirror the JP release schedule then there's cause for concern. The game was VERY lacking at release. They should have subclassing ideally only a month or two after release, with hopefully normal tundra at release as well with FC on the way in the coming update.

edit: Also, time attack should be there at release, even if only nab I. That is very much a big component of the game as it exists now, and it should seriously be there with release. The game without time attack was very, very much a worse one for it.

pso2love
Mar 10, 2013, 11:18 PM
What's your twitter account so I can retweet it?

http://twitter.com/pso2love
I never used twitter before, so I don't really know how it works.

Kion
Mar 11, 2013, 12:00 AM
@sega_pso2 http://chn.ge/YRThpw PSO2が海外で開催されるようにペティションを始めました。いずれでるだろうが、一年近く たってからリリースに対する情報は全然出てません。多くのファンが怒っていて最低でも進行報告が欲しいです 。 #pso2 #sega

Tweet this directly, or retweet from @PsowKion (https://twitter.com/PsowKion). Content: @Sega_Pso2 it's been almost a year and there is still no new information on the international release of pso2 and fans are starting to get angry. At the very least give a report of the current status of the game's progress.