PDA

View Full Version : Vita question

Noc Codez
Feb 21, 2013, 12:48 PM
Can a US vita play the pso2 import online ? thinking of getting vita for PSO2 :D

Requiem Aeternam
Feb 21, 2013, 01:00 PM
As long as you have it synched with a japanese PSN account. My PSVita can play japanese games (3 of my 4 games are japanese) and it's a european one.

Arios
Feb 21, 2013, 01:02 PM
Apparently yes, it is possible for a US account to play a JPN import. Since it's an online game and it updates frequently, i don't know for SURE if being in an US account will interfere in something. IMO, it will not interfere and will be completely fine for US accounts importers. :-) I will get mine on the JPN store ^^

Edit: Oh, sorry, you were asking about the Vita system and not accounts. If that's the case, yes you can play a Physical JPN game with any kind of Vita. Physical Cartridges aren't region blocked, psn stores are. Regarding that doubt mentioned above, that's just some silly rumor that i heard somewhere, i'm positive that it will work for every single region ^^

Noc Codez
Feb 21, 2013, 01:27 PM
Apparently yes, it is possible for a US account to play a JPN import. Since it's an online game and it updates frequently, i don't know for SURE if being in an US account will interfere in something. IMO, it will not interfere and will be completely fine for US accounts importers. :-) I will get mine on the JPN store ^^

Edit: Oh, sorry, you were asking about the Vita system and not accounts. If that's the case, yes you can play a JPN game with any kind of Vita. Physical Cartridges aren't region blocked, stores are. The thing about updates that i said above remains though, unless you're using a JPN account, but as i said that's just some silly rumor that i heard somewhere, i'm positive that it will work for every single region.

thank you for the fast replies :)

Now is this going to be downloadable via the psn store in JP or would I have to buy a copy and import it.. and if I do have to import it anyone know of any good sites to get it from ?

thanks in advance

IndigoNovember
Feb 21, 2013, 01:29 PM
I'd assume it's downloadable for free from Japan's PSN. Since PSO2 is free to play you don't have to import unless you want to save some room on your memory card.

Arios
Feb 21, 2013, 01:34 PM
It will be available for free at the JPN store as of the 28th of this month. To play the digital copy, your account on the Vita will have to be a Japanese one.

I always get my JPN imports at Playasia, never had any trouble and i already bought a lot of games. The Vita version is available there and the price is ok ^^

kkow
Feb 21, 2013, 03:20 PM
Does the pso2 special vita package come with a physical cartridge? If it does, it will almost be cheaper for me than buying another memory card to dl the game.

blace
Feb 21, 2013, 03:39 PM
It comes with a physical cartridge, but the price to import the game is up there with the pricing of a new 16GB memory card. Well, closer to the 32GB memory card price range.

Arios
Feb 21, 2013, 03:43 PM
Does the pso2 special vita package come with a physical cartridge? If it does, it will almost be cheaper for me than buying another memory card to dl the game.

Yep, it comes with the Cartridge and lots of other bonus stuff (Costumes, weapons, a mag device, a 30 day Premium ticket and other things) :-)

r00tabaga
Feb 21, 2013, 05:54 PM
you still have to set up a JPN Sega account......not easy.

Vintasticvin
Feb 21, 2013, 06:18 PM
you still have to set up a JPN Sega account......not easy.

Yeah it is silly man just use the copy/paste chart from the capcha help thread!

r00tabaga
Feb 21, 2013, 08:47 PM
Except for the fact that you can't tell if you cracked the code or not. The captcha isn't even the hardest part. It's understanding what to do next if you we're lucky enuff to get it right.

Anatha
Feb 22, 2013, 05:32 PM
Uh yea you can, you can read obviously.
That's all you're doing in the captcha, sure you may not understand it, but it's just the same.

yhatks might be a roman alphabet captcha.
ろたすてぢ might be a hiragana captcha.

The way sega's works though, I can imagine even japanese players needing to refresh if the captcha lines are in a compromising position.

Alenoir
Feb 23, 2013, 05:54 AM

If your current card doesn't have a lot of space, you're gonna need a new card anyways. The update patches are... kinda big.

Jim
Feb 23, 2013, 08:42 AM
Balls, I hadn't even thought about getting a physical copy of the game. would that allow me to use my North American PSN account? If so, I'm gonna have to order one.

Would I be able to get a copy on Play-Asia or AmiAmi when I get paid on the 1st? Even if I can't, the $60-70 eBay price would be worth not having to format my Vita's internal storage every time I want to play something besides PSO2.

Totori
Feb 23, 2013, 08:59 AM
To make things easier, just get another memory card, one for the JP account for PSO2 then another for you US account. All you will have to do then is reset your Vita, but not delete everything.

Much more simple, I was going to consider doing that, but I didn't get a Vita. So...yep.

Jim
Feb 23, 2013, 09:33 AM
To make things easier, just get another memory card, one for the JP account for PSO2 then another for you US account. All you will have to do then is reset your Vita, but not delete everything.

Much more simple, I was going to consider doing that, but I didn't get a Vita. So...yep.

I'm aware of how the reset works. I'd rather have a physical cartridge if it would make that unnecessary.

RedRaz0r
Feb 23, 2013, 12:19 PM
I'm aware of how the reset works. I'd rather have a physical cartridge if it would make that unnecessary.

Its going to be necessary regardless, you wont be able to sync your jp pso2 account with a us psn account.

Unless I missed something..

Lamoon26
Feb 23, 2013, 12:44 PM
So does that mean players who buy the digital copy wont have a chance at getting the mag and costumes and stuff

kkow
Feb 23, 2013, 12:54 PM
thanks for clearing that up

If your current card doesn't have a lot of space, you're gonna need a new card anyways. The update patches are... kinda big.

i didnt even consider the continual updates... with this thought in mind, i think ill pass on the special package. other than the physical game, the "extras" dont seem to be worth the purchase. really sega? 1000 fun/beginner weapons is your idea of getting fans to play?

IndigoNovember
Feb 23, 2013, 01:32 PM
So does that mean players who buy the digital copy wont have a chance at getting the mag and costumes and stuff

The digital copy is free.

As for the mag, costumes, and weapons, you'll just have to buy them from the My Shops.