PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Japanese PSN / Hong Kong PSN

Mjinvincable
Feb 22, 2013, 07:59 AM
Sorry if this is a stupid question but will my Hong Kong PSN Account work for this game or do I need to make a Japanese account?

Maronji
Feb 22, 2013, 08:01 AM
Sorry if this is a stupid question but will my Hong Kong PSN Account work for this game or do I need to make a Japanese account?

If you get the Special Package, which comes with the game itself, that's a big "maybe".

If not, then I'd hazard a guess and flat-out say no. You will probably need to make a Japanese account so you can actually download the game from the PSN.

Zefirus
Feb 22, 2013, 10:29 AM
That's a tricky one, but I wouldn't exactly rule it out. I buy a lot of JP games but use the HK PSN to buy DLC for them. The MMO factor definitely makes it iffy though. If you go through with it, tell us if it works. Lord knows the HK market is easier to sift through than the JP one.

Mjinvincable
Feb 22, 2013, 10:46 AM
Thanks for the input, I will make a JP PSN account just to be sure. Do you guys know if you an use your PC character on the vita version?

Crysteon
Feb 22, 2013, 10:48 AM
Yes, you can, as long as you link your current PC account (more like your Sega ID) to your SEN account you intend to use to play the game.

Mjinvincable
Feb 22, 2013, 11:22 AM
Quality that's good news.

Menasthos
Feb 22, 2013, 07:38 PM
Be careful using fake info creating a jap psn account, expecially playing with jap personal data of someone else. Japan is not cambodia or africa or any other 3rd world country. There is a very high control and a law against personal data stolen and used by others. As much as with korean law. Just saying.
Just a month ago my buddy discovered his PSN account deleted, he just used a random japanese store address and random fake datas.

Mjinvincable
Feb 22, 2013, 07:42 PM
I created an account the only information you need to make up is an address in Japan so it should be ok

Mjinvincable
Feb 22, 2013, 07:43 PM
Thanks for the heads up well hopefully they don't delete my account :(

Menasthos
Feb 22, 2013, 07:43 PM
It will end up closed, soon. Don't tell me i didn't warn ;) IF deleted, you'll lose all, even your access to pso2 downladable content when needed, bonded to the fake account. Don't play with jap law ;)

Mjinvincable
Feb 22, 2013, 07:45 PM
How does one create an account that won't be closed? Without living in the country?

Menasthos
Feb 22, 2013, 07:52 PM
To be honest, we are enough lucky pso2 accounts doesn't need a verification more than some fake stuff to put registering and captcha. PSN jap requires an entire amount of fake infos. But a real address. That's when Sony investigate and close. It's against the law, and a lottery i wouldn't play with pso2vita and PSN fake jap accounts. Go live in japan, or leave japanese games where they are. Sooner or later an NA version will arrive.

blace
Feb 22, 2013, 08:01 PM
A physical address is needed to sign up for PSN? When was this instated? Last I recall, it only needed an email address and your desired ID to create.

Menasthos
Feb 22, 2013, 08:04 PM
Yes, an address is needed. A real one, some used google maps to find one. Most went closed, if investigated. Not so cool lose the access, expecially for who bough the special pack psvita+pso2vita.
Every single address is tracked and perfectly know in Japan. Fake doesn't goes far. Same as korean fake accounts.
(Most Sony's investigations begins when someone report you, funny how sweet people around you can be, having fun to see your account closed huh)
I personally wouldn't risk. Wait your western version, and play safe.

Mjinvincable
Feb 22, 2013, 08:08 PM
That would be a shame to spend that amount and not be able to play

Maronji
Feb 22, 2013, 08:13 PM
As far as addresses go, could we get away with using a Tenso address like we can for PSO2 and not get slapped with a banhammer?

Because if we can, then I should probably change what's associated with my JP PSN ASAP so I still have access to my PSPo2i and the huke-designed costume and weapon I bought...

Menasthos
Feb 22, 2013, 08:19 PM
I doubt. Tenso is a service provided for shipping. Feel free to risk. Better than a shop of someone or a house, for sure.

themufanman
Feb 22, 2013, 08:42 PM
You don't have to use a real address, you can just put in a single Japanese character and it lets you move on.

Mjinvincable
Feb 22, 2013, 08:46 PM
Yep it's quite easy really

Menasthos
Feb 22, 2013, 08:47 PM
No doubt create a fake jap psn account is easy. Would you risk paying that amount needed buying a psvita+pso2 Jap? A banned account is not fun at all, expecially on a psvita, much less when pso2vita is involved.
Sony is acting wierd recently, considering how easy is today to log on the PSN with a hacked ps3 and how many fake psn accounts are created (fake american+fake european+fake korean+fake jap etc), changing TOS and banning on sight continuosly.
As said, a single report of a suspicious fake account not japanese at all usually ruins your fun. Sony Japan take care of customer care quite good, nothing barely similar to Sony Europe or Sony America.

Mjinvincable
Feb 22, 2013, 08:49 PM
Of course it's not, but when it's a free to play game, why would current ps vita owners not take the risk?

Menasthos
Feb 22, 2013, 08:58 PM
Because you risk to lose access to pso2vita too. Also, when banned, you will lose your account, your char, all. As much i remember, pso2vita is an online game. when banned from PSN for fake infos, how are you planning to use again all the codes and everything related to your psvita+pso2vita package again? ;) The loss of the account per se, considering how Sony is acting recently, doesn't makes me suggest to mess with it.

Mjinvincable
Feb 22, 2013, 09:00 PM
Good point, expecially when you are playing a watered down version to the pc, is it really worth it

pizzagirl
Feb 22, 2013, 09:25 PM
They delete fake JP PSN accounts now? Glad I made mine back in 08. I think I'm immune at this point. lol. When did this trend start?

blace
Feb 22, 2013, 09:50 PM
Seems like it started this year, so for those of us that created account before seem to be fine. I created mine around the time PSP2i had the online demo.

I don't guarantee that we're exempt from it, but no problems thus far.

Maronji
Feb 22, 2013, 09:57 PM
Seems like it started this year, so for those of us that created account before seem to be fine. I created mine around the time PSP2i had the online demo.

I don't guarantee that we're exempt from it, but no problems thus far.

Well, doing more research into the matter, it's not even on the level of address (well, I guess it would be, but that's only part of the larger picture). If you make a PSN account for a region you don't reside in, it's against Sony's ToS and, if caught, you risk a permanent account (and possibly hardware) ban.

So... yeah. Not sure if PSO2 Vita is worth potentially losing access to my PSPo2i and whatever could happen to my future Vita with that prospect of a hardware ban...

EDIT: Okay, in case no one's figured it out by now, I may or may not have some level of paranoia in regards to stuff like this. Who knows what the chances are of someone reporting us for "suspicions of using a fake JP PSN", but even if the chances are relatively low, I will get paranoid about it. I'm not sure if it's how I was raised or not, but that's just how I am, I guess.

blace
Feb 22, 2013, 10:04 PM
I'm aware of that and already exposed my Vita to it through use of the CBT. I'll be more concerned that if I signed in with JP PSN ID that it would start requiring other information.

Also, wouldn't the terms apply to other systems tied to PSN and not just Vita users?

Maronji
Feb 22, 2013, 10:10 PM
Also, wouldn't the terms apply to other systems tied to PSN and not just Vita users?

I'd like to say "it depends", but honestly, I don't have a clue. My research didn't really bear any fruit on that particular question (I had a bit of a time trying to find information at all, actually, never mind recent information).

Regardless, my research into this matter didn't really bring up many recent accounts (if any at all; I suddenly can't remember if the odd few I did see were recent or older) of having their JP PSN banned, and Kotaku even wrote up an article on how to make a JP PSN account earlier this month (http://kotaku.com/5982662/how-to-make-a-japanese-psn-account-on-the-new-psn-and-how-to-navigate-the-store), so maybe I just need to pull the paranoia lever back somewhat.

EDIT: Besides, we haven't heard anything about Vita CBT players getting their JP PSN accounts shut down, so I suppose the only logical course of action (to get a better idea on how strict Sony's being on this) would be to wait and see what happens. I don't even have a Vita yet anyway (though PSO2 is the main driving factor behind my wanting one right now), so... *shrugs*

pizzagirl
Feb 23, 2013, 12:35 AM
Well, doing more research into the matter, it's not even on the level of address (well, I guess it would be, but that's only part of the larger picture). If you make a PSN account for a region you don't reside in, it's against Sony's ToS and, if caught, you risk a permanent account (and possibly hardware) ban.

So... yeah. Not sure if PSO2 Vita is worth potentially losing access to my PSPo2i and whatever could happen to my future Vita with that prospect of a hardware ban...

EDIT: Okay, in case no one's figured it out by now, I may or may not have some level of paranoia in regards to stuff like this. Who knows what the chances are of someone reporting us for "suspicions of using a fake JP PSN", but even if the chances are relatively low, I will get paranoid about it. I'm not sure if it's how I was raised or not, but that's just how I am, I guess.

Oh right, forgot about the TOS... >_> I guess that shows how carefree I can be. I've never heard of it happening to anyone, and I've been import gaming on my ps3 for years now. The majority of it consisting of online play, and loads of downloads/dlc. Call me crazy, but I doubt that its high on Sony's watch list. I can't really find anything on people being banned. Only difficulties logging in during outages, etc. I guess it's a good thing Sega doesn't control PSN, or all of us baka gaijins would be outta here.