PDA

View Full Version : So yeah, am I a tool?

Chaos Emperor
Feb 22, 2013, 03:30 PM
So I just got Over End last night, I thought the skill would be more but when I stopped being lazy and went and looked it up. It was only 30k!

I WAS ERMMERGERD! So naturally I bought it and now I LOVE SWORD....

Am I a tool now? I still love Partizan and Wired Lance but .......IT'S JUST SO AWESOME!

.....I love to spam it now too, and Zondeel...../drool

Du1337
Feb 22, 2013, 03:40 PM
Where can you buy these expensive weaps and skills? I only find some cr4ppy weaps at the weapon shop...

ashley50
Feb 22, 2013, 03:44 PM
Where can you buy these expensive weaps and skills? I only find some cr4ppy weaps at the weapon shop...
Visiphone shop?

MetalDude
Feb 22, 2013, 04:09 PM
You can say "crap". And a lot of other things.

Hosaka
Feb 22, 2013, 07:47 PM
Unfortunately so. Over End is the iMac of PSO2, in that only tools use it.

BIG OLAF
Feb 22, 2013, 07:48 PM

Ahahaha.

Blackheart521
Feb 22, 2013, 07:51 PM
I just got Overend yesterday and I actually was a little underwhelmed by it... I was expecting it to be doing alot more damage than it was but I could easily outdamage it with Sonic Arrow or even Rising Edge (At full Gear gauge) Idk... personally I think it's overhyped at this point but that's just my opinion. ^^;

gigawuts
Feb 22, 2013, 07:54 PM
over end is too effective and convenient to be used ever in any circumstances

you should stick to rising edge without the gear or else you're just using ez mode

(No, you're not a tool for using OE, powerful moves are an intended balancing point in games. If a move is too weak it gets updated as the game progresses, see: level 11+ disk damage gains)

Jungo Torii
Feb 23, 2013, 12:43 AM
;_;

I'm a...a tool?!

http://puu.sh/1v8Qf

Coatl
Feb 23, 2013, 02:55 AM
No more of a tool than those who use Deadly archer or Elder rebellion.

Rien
Feb 23, 2013, 03:33 AM
Imagine Over End where you'd only use the final overhead swing.

That's what it was like in PSZ.

oratank
Feb 23, 2013, 06:39 AM
my call is evey swing of overend do damage same as final blow

Alisha
Feb 23, 2013, 07:17 AM
im not a fan of overend or sword in general. i like to chain my PA's together and sword just doesnt seem good for that. yet even though i say that i do like WL.

over end is too effective and convenient to be used ever in any circumstances

you should stick to rising edge without the gear or else you're just using ez mode

(No, you're not a tool for using OE, powerful moves are an intended balancing point in games. If a move is too weak it gets updated as the game progresses, see: level 11+ disk damage gains)
gee that must be why every DS PA not called deadly archer blows. i found a lvl 15 illusion rave ,tried it out and it still sucks. even if you add up all the hits it would probally be slightly stronger than 1 hit of deadly archer.

Cagedtaytay
Feb 23, 2013, 07:45 AM
We are all a tool in this game called Life.

Stormwalker
Feb 23, 2013, 10:07 AM
im not a fan of overend or sword in general. i like to chain my PA's together and sword just doesnt seem good for that. yet even though i say that i do like WL.

gee that must be why every DS PA not called deadly archer blows. i found a lvl 15 illusion rave ,tried it out and it still sucks. even if you add up all the hits it would probally be slightly stronger than 1 hit of deadly archer.

Acro Effect (with its defensive properties) and Tornado Dance (for mobility and AoE) have uses, but DA is definitely the bread-and-butter of Double Saber. It's the definitive Fighter PA for single-target destruction.

The rest of the DS PA's do in fact suck. Even if Illusion Rave DID have the kind of damage its power implies, it would still suck due to its long animation and non-cancellability placing you at excessive risk.

If the PA was cancellable, it might be useful even with its poor damage simply for building gear. As it is, it just gets you killed, which is a shame because it's such a beautiful animation.

As for Sword, when I'm on HU Sword is my primary weapon; it does everything decently well. It isn't pretty, but it's very strong, even more so after being buffed. That said, running around spamming OE all the time is not the way; it will get you killed. There is an occasional time and place for OE, but I see a lot of players using it in situations where they are begging to be smacked down for it.

On FI, I carry a Lambda Aristin purely for smashing dense spawns quickly with Sonic Arrow. Nothing does it better.

I'll probably think about using Lance a little more now that cancellable Cerberus Dance makes building Gear much easier...

BIG OLAF
Feb 23, 2013, 10:14 AM
gee that must be why every DS PA not called deadly archer blows.

GWAHAHA WHAT.

Enforcer MKV
Feb 23, 2013, 10:19 AM
The notion that you're a tool just for using a move in a game you like is a joke, if you ask me. Seriously; you like the move? Use it. If people give you crap about it and call you a tool, well, just do what this cat does;

[SPOILER-BOX]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-92wWErJMPwA/T_rxqG78UJI/AAAAAAAADlw/QCR5ZZvXxwY/s640/hater+cat.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Disregard the naysayers and just play the game. If you're not actively 'trying' to screw over other peeps, then there's no problem.

gigawuts
Feb 23, 2013, 02:40 PM

I'm not going to correct you because I'm secretly hoping you'll think this game is bad and leave.

Either that, or I'll let you try other things out and figure it out for yourself.

In both cases my goal is to have you stop saying misinformed things such as this, but I'm pretty tired of correcting you basically everywhere you go.

RedRaz0r
Feb 23, 2013, 02:42 PM
You're only a tool if you spam in during Avoid emergency codes. Otherwise, nah it's cool.

Galax
Feb 23, 2013, 03:11 PM
For sword PA combos, Rising Edge -> Twister Fall -> Nova Strike is pretty fun. Slow if you want maximum power out of all of them, but fun.

And you're only a tool if you spam with things like stun grenade, upper trap and poison trap. Herpaderp.

Alisha
Feb 23, 2013, 04:38 PM
I'm not going to correct you because I'm secretly hoping you'll think this game is bad and leave.

Either that, or I'll let you try other things out and figure it out for yourself.

In both cases my goal is to have you stop saying misinformed things such as this, but I'm pretty tired of correcting you basically everywhere you go.

when i unlocked fighter i tried all 3 of its weapon types and to me fist came out on top for all around usefulness. the damage of illusion and moon really turn me off from DS.

Rien
Feb 24, 2013, 12:58 AM
when i unlocked fighter i tried all 3 of its weapon types and to me fist came out on top for all around usefulness. the damage of illusion and moon really turn me off from DS.

You're clearly using the wrong Photon Arts, or have not unlocked the only ones worth using.

You see, all weapons only have 1-2 photon arts worth using at all. For Double Saber, that's Deadly Archer.

You're not really going to go places with the Knuckle's horribad hitstop, but in the very least Ducking Blow has an invincibility frame and somewhat decent power.

You won't see the true power of any class until you hit around 30-35, anyway.

Alisha
Feb 24, 2013, 02:23 AM
thats just it i wanna chain 3 pa's together not spam the same move over and over. wich is why i think my team mates suggested i might like fists.

gigawuts
Feb 24, 2013, 02:53 AM
thats just it i wanna chain 3 pa's together not spam the same move over and over. wich is why i think my team mates suggested i might like fists.

Tornado dance -> rambling moon -> deadly archer
Tornado dance -> acro effect -> surprise dunk

two of my favorite not-the-same-pa combos.

DS23
Feb 24, 2013, 02:57 AM
All Elder Rebellion all the time all day every day feels good man :-P

Jay6
Feb 24, 2013, 03:44 AM
All Elder Rebellion all the time all day every day feels good man :-P

I prefer a mix between infinite bullet and elder rebellion. Sure, it's not as powerful, but it's great to move around the target while shooting a bunch of bullets.

Cyron Tanryoku
Feb 24, 2013, 03:54 AM
Infinity Fire is stronger than Elder Rebellion by..200? Seeing how my Infinity Fire is 12 and Rebellion is 10....yeah..

The problem is getting all the hits in

I don't have much of an issue with overend
Personally I find it incredibly stupid to use at times where it just leaves you open, but other than that, whatever

I have an intense hate of Messiah Time though

Goukezitsu
Feb 24, 2013, 04:48 AM
Over end has its use just like an array of other PAs. You can also use it to blow through moves that wont kill you but leave the boss open. But yea its not good for everything just certain situations like all hunter PAs. I use like i dunno 10 diff ones but some of them i only use for 1 enemy or 1 boss. Thats just how it is.

TL;DR Sonic arrow and rising edge is better than most stuff and over end the rest.

Edit: you are also not a tool. You just now have the most awesome thing ever~

Rien
Feb 24, 2013, 10:08 AM

You may as well just sword...

Max Gear switching between nova strike, rising edge and twister fall can get nasty.

Max Gear spamming Nova Strike or Rising Edge can be double nasty. Recently I bothered to fight a fang head on and good god I never knew I could down it that fast.