PDA

View Full Version : 4 and 5 affix transfers?

Asirae
Feb 22, 2013, 04:17 PM
So how are people getting abilities to transfer like this?

I know how to do 3 affix transfer at 100%, is it essentially the same way? Its gotta be insanely hard and expensive to find fodder items that have 4 slots w/ soul + stat III + ability III...

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/9710/4affix.png

blace
Feb 22, 2013, 04:17 PM
Lots of time and resources.

Dnd
Feb 22, 2013, 04:22 PM
I know how to do 3 affix transfer at 100%, is it essentially the same way? Its gotta be insanely hard and expensive to find fodder items that have 4 slots w/ soul + stat III + ability III...

Yeah, you pretty much nailed it, just getting a 4x success when going from 3-4 slots at 60% each is pretty tough, on-top of everything else of course

Asirae
Feb 22, 2013, 05:03 PM
Lots of time and resources.

So people are making their own fodder?

UnLucky
Feb 22, 2013, 05:32 PM
you get a ton of trash weapon drops all the time. you can easily fill your storage with Stat IIs.

consolidate all your trash into a handful of 3-4 slotted stuff with a stat II/III or a soul on them, and once you get enough of the "fodder fodder" you combine those to eventually sacrifice to your actual weapon

so yeah, it gets crazier with each additional affix you want

MetalDude
Feb 22, 2013, 05:46 PM
You're basically adding an additional layer onto a pyramid of items going into the fodders leading into your final product with every additional slot you want.

Yunfa
Feb 22, 2013, 06:28 PM
It's interesting to note that Ability III, after the latest update, went from 70% to 60%.

Soultrigger
Feb 22, 2013, 09:13 PM
Ability III was always 60%. >_>

Higher slot affixing is not really that different from 3 slot, it's just more costly because slot expansion is a gigantic money sink. The supply is a lot less in comparison, but I think getting 4 slots followed by the Soul affix is the main part that makes it unfeasible for the majority.

IMO:
[SPOILER-BOX]Personally speaking, the only time I would bother with 4+ slots is if the weapon came pre-slotted. Just knowing how quickly this game makes weapons obsolete makes pooling all your resources into one weapon pretty silly when you can just have multiple weapons that are almost as good (with the exception of Rods/Wands for obvious reasons). With exponential costs per incremental gain, there comes a point where spending that much money is just silly in the long run.[/SPOILER-BOX]

In terms of fodder, it's Ability III that will cost you an arm and a leg since that requires a lot of prep (though honestly, Ability III imo is just for "status", practically it's pretty worthless for the amount it costs).

.Jack
Feb 22, 2013, 09:33 PM
You just need to right fodders and having the weapon prepared properly. For ability III there is always a risk of failure which is why I prefer making things with soul/III/boost and spirita or stamina II-III. Those can be 100% guaranteed if you know what you're doing.

Z-0
Feb 22, 2013, 09:39 PM
4 slotz (ability) (let's use shoot as our target):

Main: shoot III + soul + * + *
fodder 1: shoot III + soul + * + *
fodder 2: power III + technique III + soul + * + *

this is shoot: 80%, soul: 80%, ability III: 60% and boost: 100%

(note, if you using mizer, can do this a little differently, I'll spoiler below)

preparing the main item

main: soul + * + * + *
fodder 2: shoot III + soul + * + *

use 20%, 100/100/100/100 to get to shoot III + soul + * + *

fodder 1 is made in the same way. (well no not realy, you just force shoot III + soul 4s)

preparing fodder 2

fodder 1: power III + soul + * + *

this gives you 100/60/60/80, which are the best realistic odds you can get really (there's some mutation methods but getting the items is a real bitch really). you can use 5%/10%/20%/30% if you want, but there's still a chance of failing. this is the hard part, and will take numerous tries. fortunately, not shoot III + shoot soul + * + * is cheaper to make than with shoot, due to it not agreeing, although still costly)

and once you succeed that (28% chance to do so without boosts, kind of a bitch), you're pretty much set to try for your final product with a 20% chance to fail (because ability can not be 100%). of course, when I first tried it, it failed so I never ever bothered again. ._.

[spoiler-box]mizer-san.

main: soul + an attack III + * + *
fodder 1: soul + another attack III + * +*
fodder 2: soul + the last attack III + * + *

the beauty with mizer is that it basically lets you just create 3 easy-to-make items for the same rates as before due to 20% inheritance on shoot.

shouldn't really need to explain this one. If you wanted to do spirita with this, all you'd have to do is replace two of the attacks with spirita, and voila[/spoiler-box]

For 5 slot I can't even be bothered thinking about it. I could come up with something but it's a huge waste of time and meseta, and just for looking cool.

Asirae
Feb 22, 2013, 09:43 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]4 slotz (ability) (let's use shoot as our target):

Main: shoot III + soul + * + *
fodder 2: power III + technique III + soul + * + *

this is shoot: 80%, soul: 80%, ability III: 60% and boost: 100%

(note, if you using mizer, can do this a little differently, I'll spoiler below)

preparing the main item

use 20%, 100/100/100/100 to get to shoot III + soul + * + *

fodder 1 is made in the same way.

preparing fodder 2

fodder 1: power III + soul + * + *

this gives you 100/60/60/80, which are the best realistic odds you can get really (there's some mutation methods but getting the items is a real bitch really). you can use 5%/10%/20%/30% if you want, but there's still a chance of failing. this is the hard part, and will take numerous tries. fortunately, not shoot III + shoot soul + * + * is cheaper to make than with shoot, due to it not agreeing, although still costly)

and once you succeed that (28% chance to do so without boosts, kind of a bitch), you're pretty much set to try for your final product with a 20% chance to fail (because ability can not be 100%). of course, when I first tried it, it failed so I never ever bothered again. ._.

[spoiler-box]mizer-san.

main: soul + an attack III + * + *
fodder 1: soul + another attack III + * +*
fodder 2: soul + the last attack III + * + *

the beauty with mizer is that it basically lets you just create 3 easy-to-make items for the same rates as before due to 20% inheritance on shoot.

shouldn't really need to explain this one. If you wanted to do spirita with this, all you'd have to do is replace two of the attacks with spirita, and voila[/spoiler-box]

For 5 slot I can't even be bothered thinking about it. I could come up with something but it's a huge waste of time and meseta, and just for looking cool.[/SPOILER-BOX]

omg thank you! lol

Syklo
Feb 22, 2013, 09:46 PM
Silly as it may be, I just work with the 3 slot fodders and then try to bump my target item up to 4.

Much less time and effort.
Still a pain trying to get Ability III + Soul + SE III + Stat III

Speaking of SE's, does the SE level increases probability of infliction or does it only affect the potency?

Soultrigger
Feb 22, 2013, 10:27 PM
For 5 slot I can't even be bothered thinking about it. I could come up with something but it's a huge waste of time and meseta, and just for looking cool.

You just get an extra 100% to work with, so it's really not that different unless you're going for the level II+mutation route (which yea, would be a headache). In some cases, it just makes more sense to affix the target with 20% boosters multiple times than deal with the headache of godtier fodders.

Like what psuhc4 said, the ideal extra slots would be Stamina and Spirita. Though there are some souls that lead to potentially very interesting final affixes like Vol, Fang, and Quartz.

@Syklo: AFAIK, SE levels doesn't boost proc rates (or if it does, not significant to even be noticeable).

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 23, 2013, 08:38 AM
I've been trying to figure out the best method for getting Vol Soul Burn III and Power III on a weapon. I know this should be one of the easy ones, but I'm just not seeing a good way to make my fodders.

Anyone have a good formula?

Soultrigger
Feb 23, 2013, 09:30 AM
Actually, Vol+Power III+Burn III is probably the hardest one to pull off. If you're willing to make a gamble, you could go for an 80% chance (with the risk on Power III). Time/cost-wise, it's probably more practical than making the necessary fodder for 100%.

Although if you're really insistent on safety, most likely you'd have to go the mutation route for Burn III+Power III fodder then attempt to put a Vol Soul on it.

80:
Target: Vol/x/x
#1: Vol/Power III/x
#2: Vol/Burn III/x

100:
Target: Vol/x/x
#2: Vol/Power III/Burn III

Alternatively:
Target: Vol/Burn III/x
#2: Vol/Power III/x
(I wouldn't recommend this for 3 slots)

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 23, 2013, 09:43 AM
well my current target already has power III and vol soul on it, so that makes things a bit easier.

So basically I should try for a power III/Vol soul/etc and a Burn III/Vol Soul/etc?

I thought the transfer rate on SEIII was 40%? Does Vol Soul add 40% or is my recollection just wrong?

Soultrigger
Feb 23, 2013, 09:48 AM
So basically I should try for a power III/Vol soul/etc and a Burn III/Vol Soul/etc?

Yep. It's probably not known amongst many people, but having the corresponding Soul boosts a SE III to 80% (100% if you have 2 SE IIIs, but there's no point in that with 20% boosters).

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 23, 2013, 10:44 AM
man that was ugly lol. took me about 40 tries to get all that together. somehow I thought that vol had a power affinity. it wasn't until later I realized it was fang. anyway now I need to get a 20% booster. I'll worry about it later since most of my money is on my alt. Thanks for the help, Soul.

Klashikari
Feb 23, 2013, 04:49 PM
Not trying to hijack the thread too much, but I'm also quite puzzled by even merely having 3 affix...

Trying to get a weapon with something like Quartz Soul + Power III + Shock III (would love to have Spirita Boost in there, but with merely 5m and just Lambda Aristin, that's a bit too much of a commitment).

My biggest gripe is how Quartz soul is basically not helping either PIII nor SIII, which make the whole prospect quite a hell...
And to be quite honest, I really have trouble how to make fodder in the first place (fodder like Soul/PowerIII/X or Soul/SE III/x are just a gigantic PITA).

Soultrigger
Feb 23, 2013, 05:13 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d87/seventhlimit/pso20130114_190357_027_zpsb92d10f1.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Target: Quartz/x/x
#1: Quartz/Power III/x
#2: Fang/Shock III/x

Best chance you'll get is 70%. There is a method for 100%, but it's so stupid it's not worth the trouble.

Also, notice you can substitute Quartz with Vol or Gwana (though you wouldn't want Gwana for obvious reasons).

Syklo
Feb 23, 2013, 05:18 PM
Not trying to hijack the thread too much, but I'm also quite puzzled by even merely having 3 affix...

Trying to get a weapon with something like Quartz Soul + Power III + Shock III (would love to have Spirita Boost in there, but with merely 5m and just Lambda Aristin, that's a bit too much of a commitment).

My biggest gripe is how Quartz soul is basically not helping either PIII nor SIII, which make the whole prospect quite a hell...
And to be quite honest, I really have trouble how to make fodder in the first place (fodder like Soul/PowerIII/X or Soul/SE III/x are just a gigantic PITA).
If you ask me:
-Harvest basically any weapon with abilities on them (Expect frequent trips to dudu)
-Have space so that you can buy the 1-stat-req items from weapon shop (or unit shop if you're doing units)
-enjoy the 300meseta attempts while you build.

As for that specific combination..yikes, why not just add fang soul?
Fang soul boosts both power III and shock III after all (lol), each to 80%.
EDIT: Unless you already have quartz on it/one of your fodders...then listen to soultrigger ^^
Get both, lol.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 23, 2013, 06:42 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d87/seventhlimit/pso20130114_190357_027_zpsb92d10f1.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Target: Quartz/x/x
#1: Quartz/Power III/x
#2: Fang/Shock III/x

Best chance you'll get is 70%. There is a method for 100%, but it's so stupid it's not worth the trouble.

Also, notice you can substitute Quartz with Vol or Gwana (though you wouldn't want Gwana for obvious reasons).

Actually unless I'm forgetting something, it's not so obvious. Why wouldn't you want Gwana?

Syklo
Feb 23, 2013, 06:50 PM
Actually unless I'm forgetting something, it's not so obvious. Why wouldn't you want Gwana?
Could be the not-so-high supply or easy acquisition of them compared to something like quartz.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 23, 2013, 06:55 PM
Well he said you wouldn't want it as opposed to it might not be an option....Might have been a bad choice of words, but now I'm curious.

Z-0
Feb 23, 2013, 08:01 PM
Basically, Gwanahda Soul is worth a bomb right now.

4 slot weapon is like 1.2million here on Ship 2.

Syklo
Feb 23, 2013, 08:50 PM
Basically, Gwanahda Soul is worth a bomb right now.

4 slot weapon is like 1.2million here on Ship 2.
yikes.
not that i buy fodders beyond 2 slots :P