PDA

View Full Version : Event ★DRESS LIKE A STAR!★

BIG OLAF
Feb 22, 2013, 05:49 PM
Hello Arks!

The past events have been fun. Male fashion, female fashion, and fashion from certain characters that you can't quite tell their gender...but now, let's try something new! With some of the PSU-era outfits coming out soon, we figured it would be a great time to do a little....cosplaying! I present:

http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac202/serafisenba/WIP/Idol-1.png

This is a contest testing the skills of the contestants to see who can cosplay as another well-known character the best! It can be a character from anything! Another Phantasy Star game, another video game in general, a TV show, and movie, whatever! However, it CANNOT be an 'original character' of your own. It must be somewhat well-known and/or recognizable.

To enter, please PM me TWO (2) PICTURES: ONE OF YOUR CHARACTER, preferably in the makeover shop, so you can freely change your height, hair color, etc., without having to leave and pay AC...and A CLEAR REFERENCE PICTURE OF THE CHARACTER YOU ARE COSPLAYING AS! If you are missing either picture, your entry will not be accepted. We understand it may be kind of tough to get a good reference image for your entry if you're dressing as a more obscure character, but I'm sure everyone can manage!

No accounts created after today, 2-22-2013, or with less than TWENTY (20) forum posts, will be accepted.

Entries will be accepted up until March 10th 12th, 2013, 11:59:59 PM Eastern time.

After the entry time is up, a panel will judge the Top 10 and release a poll to let the community decide the three winners.

The prizes are-

3rd Place: 500 Webmoney
2nd Place: 1000 Webmoney
1st Place: 2000 Webmoney

Thank you all for reading, and good luck to any who enters!

http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac202/serafisenba/WIP/reel-divider.png

Thank you to Tenebris for the cool logo and divider!

Lostbob117
Feb 22, 2013, 06:12 PM
Should make it cosplaying as only Phantasy Star stuff related.

Horo The Wise Wolf
Feb 22, 2013, 06:14 PM
I'll be participating. You should know who I'll be. ;)

Ill have to post 10 more times it seems.

Anduril
Feb 22, 2013, 06:17 PM
This looks interesting. Now to figure out my entry...

Shirai
Feb 22, 2013, 06:25 PM
Ah, seems fun. Time to let my brain explode trying to think of possibilities.

untrustful
Feb 22, 2013, 06:28 PM
Sent and submitted my perfect Elton John Replicant.

Ce'Nedra
Feb 22, 2013, 06:29 PM
Character creator allowed? I don't fancy changing the looks of my chars, specially hair color and eye color cause I would never get them back to what they are right now

KuroCrow
Feb 22, 2013, 06:33 PM
inb4 kirito cosplayers

BIG OLAF
Feb 22, 2013, 06:42 PM
Character creator allowed? I don't fancy changing the looks of my chars, specially hair color and eye color cause I would never get them back to what they are right now

I already said you can go into the makeover shop, change stuff, take a picture, and then exit the counter without saving/paying.

Alisha
Feb 22, 2013, 06:54 PM
lol if i wanted to enter this without a change in skintone my options would be woefully limited.

found this video for possibilities but its mostly pretty far stretch with available costumes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrhravOwVPY

BIG OLAF
Feb 22, 2013, 07:01 PM
Maybe some people missed it.

preferably in the makeover shop, so you can freely change your height, hair color, etc., without having to leave and pay AC

Cyron Tanryoku
Feb 22, 2013, 07:21 PM
I'll pass this one.

Vintasticvin
Feb 22, 2013, 07:23 PM
lol if i wanted to enter this without a change in skintone my options would be woefully limited.

found this video for possibilities but its mostly pretty far stretch with available costumes.
Dark skin female characters from video games and anime - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrhravOwVPY)

Good luck and kick butt gurl!!!

CelestialBlade
Feb 22, 2013, 07:25 PM
Well my character...already is, kinda :lol:

Caledonia
Feb 22, 2013, 07:25 PM
This one sounds like it'll be fun. Just enough notice for me to build up some meseta for costumes as well...

Multiple entries per account/character?

BIG OLAF
Feb 22, 2013, 08:17 PM
No, one picture of a character, one reference picture. I'm going by PSOW forum accounts, so unless you have some secret second one sitting around somewhere, only one entry per person. :lol:

Zorafim
Feb 22, 2013, 09:52 PM

I say that characters already based on existing characters either can't join, or should be put into a different category. It seems kind of unfair. Most contestants will have to start from scratch to get the look right, while these have had months to do so.
Still, I don't see anything wrong with, say, Cocona dressing up as Chelsea.

Drifting Fable
Feb 22, 2013, 11:14 PM

The feeling is mutual. ^^;

Though I suppose I'll take a look into something closer to the phantasy star series for my entry, just for effort's sake.

Good luck to everyone.

Chik'Tikka
Feb 23, 2013, 01:16 AM
+^_^+ one i might have a chance at winning+^_^+ WOOT!
(like seriously, best jrpg ever, if you don't know her, then you don't like sci-fi jrpgs much, never had a PS2, or your too young+^_^+)

Vintasticvin
Feb 23, 2013, 01:38 AM
+^_^+ one i might have a chance at winning+^_^+ WOOT!
(like seriously, best jrpg ever, if you don't know her, then you don't like sci-fi jrpgs much, never had a PS2, or your too young+^_^+)

I think I know who you are talking about :P but I wont spoil it for others who are in the dark about you x^,-,^x

Valkyrie Lovrina
Feb 23, 2013, 01:41 AM
this is perfect. I'll see if I can get an entry in.

Requiem Aeternam
Feb 23, 2013, 06:42 AM

So are both of my characters ^^; I might give this event a bash. It sounds quite fun.

Dragonlily
Feb 23, 2013, 10:30 AM
Does the picture need to be a full body shot?

BIG OLAF
Feb 23, 2013, 10:33 AM
No, but it needs to be a visibly clear picture so it can be compared to your reference image. So, no crazy, backwards angles or anything.

Zorafim
Feb 23, 2013, 03:21 PM
I'd like to enter, but casts seem to have an inability to change their colors. I'm stuck with blue armor and white skin. Unless there's a way to change this, I guess I'm out of luck.

Massaki
Feb 23, 2013, 05:45 PM
Welp, sent my entry. Let's see how it goes..

Gama
Feb 23, 2013, 09:52 PM
wish i had a female character to make this xD

oh well.

Rien
Feb 24, 2013, 12:52 AM
This is a good bait for the some 9001 Kirito's and Asuna's out there. Hell, I'm surprised no one's mentioned them yet.

Gama
Feb 24, 2013, 03:51 PM
can i post a picture of a char i made on the character creator? :3

TenebriS
Feb 24, 2013, 03:59 PM
can i post a picture of a char i made on the character creator? :3

Yes you can, you are free to use char creator and/or makeover shop at anytime as mcuh as I understood.

Zorafim
Feb 24, 2013, 04:23 PM
wish i had a female character to make this xD

oh well.

Why do you need a female character? Aren't there male characters you can cosplay?

Gama
Feb 24, 2013, 06:45 PM
that i would like to, not really :3

BIG OLAF
Feb 25, 2013, 07:53 AM
This is a good bait for the some 9001 Kirito's and Asuna's out there. Hell, I'm surprised no one's mentioned them yet.

I think someone did mention them earlier in the thread, but no entries for them so far, whoever they are. ^^

Zenobia
Feb 25, 2013, 10:41 PM
I think I know who you are talking about :P but I wont spoil it for others who are in the dark about you x^,-,^x

Pfft who Doesn't Know good ol

K
Obey
Strategical
Multi
Operation
Systems

And the game can be a hit or miss type of game honestly not just because of all that was explained by her.

On topic Olaf this is a nice event can't wait to see what ppl cook up.

Sparzyle
Feb 25, 2013, 11:40 PM
Is crossplay allowed for this contest? I should try something if it's allowed

No! not with Aran you silly

yoshiblue
Feb 28, 2013, 10:13 PM
*Bump to keep people informed*

Zorafim
Feb 28, 2013, 10:27 PM
Is crossplay allowed for this contest? I should try something if it's allowed

No! not with Aran you silly

I really don't see why not. We've already got men that look like women, and women that look like men. It might even be easier to crossdress some characters.

TenebriS
Mar 1, 2013, 06:16 PM
I really do wonder how this one turns out o:

I hope lots of people participate into it! :D

Rien
Mar 1, 2013, 10:02 PM
I bet all the masters of dressing up entered it

Just like every community competition, new users stand no chance

BIG OLAF
Mar 1, 2013, 10:04 PM
Actually, if memory serves, at least one of the last contests was won by a 'forum newbie'. Everyone has equal footing. Not sure where your nay-saying is coming from. ^^;

Rien
Mar 1, 2013, 10:06 PM
The fashion thread...?

Blackheart521
Mar 1, 2013, 10:19 PM
The fashion thread...?

The Fashion thread isn't supposed to be thought of as a contest thread, it's there for fun and showing off your characters and the prizes are just added bonuses. People who post there typically don't post pictures in the thread with the mindset of winning the prizes. ^^;

Rien
Mar 1, 2013, 10:25 PM
Yeah, but considering how well they make characters, entering this kind of contest and winning would be easy for a good majority of them.

Blackheart521
Mar 1, 2013, 10:39 PM
Yeah, but considering how well they make characters, entering this kind of contest and winning would be easy for a good majority of them.

So? If they put that work into their characters don't they deserve to be in it? People shouldn't be excluded from something because they're too good at it.

yoshiblue
Mar 1, 2013, 10:44 PM
Maybe if you make a beginners league for it. Would be a nice idea to keep in mind for the future. For now, its the Free Cup, everyone is allowed.

Amateur League
and
Fashionista League

BIG OLAF
Mar 1, 2013, 10:45 PM
Er, the point of a contest is to rise above the competition. So, there's some people who are 'good' at this kind of thing. Then be better than them! Besides, you don't know who's entering, and what they're entering with. Trying to talk yourself, and others, down with this "oh no one stands a chance because _____ is entering!" is just silly and needlessly defeatist. :-P

yoshiblue
Mar 4, 2013, 02:13 PM
Six days left. Get them while they'er hot!

Zorafim
Mar 4, 2013, 04:36 PM
I bet all the masters of dressing up entered it

Just like every community competition, new users stand no chance

I've never won any phashion even that I've entered, and I've been here longer than a huge chunk of the forum members. I've also gained a bunch of confidence for my characters, and think I'm pretty great at creating and dressing up characters. But there's always some green nose that takes my spotlight.
If you want to enter, then enter. If you want to enter to win, then you're a vain snob and deserve to lose. Enter because you find the contest fun.

As for me, I can't think of any way to cosplay as anything but a Zora, since my colors are locked. So I guess I'm stuck on the sidelines. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBtpyeLxVkI)

yoshiblue
Mar 4, 2013, 04:46 PM
Gratz on post 9000+

Zorafim
Mar 4, 2013, 04:50 PM
Oh my, thank you for noticing.

BIG OLAF
Mar 5, 2013, 04:53 PM
The entry acceptance date may get pushed further forward (which would be a good thing for entrants, I guess) due to PC problems I am currently experiencing, and how long it will take to get them fixed.

Coatl
Mar 6, 2013, 12:59 PM
Do we HAVE to go to the make over shop? Will we lose style points for it?

TenebriS
Mar 6, 2013, 01:06 PM
Do we HAVE to go to the make over shop? Will we lose style points for it?

I feel so free to answer you:
You can go into the makeovershop, its not encessary but allowed. You won't loose any points for doing so because the host highly recommend you to do so.

Horo The Wise Wolf
Mar 7, 2013, 07:46 AM
Hmm, about to enter but I am not sure whether to enter Horo or Tachibana.

With the new AC Tachibana looks wickedly close to her real self.

Sparzyle
Mar 9, 2013, 03:14 AM
Sumbitted entry and bump!

What's about that entry acceptance date btw?

yoshiblue
Mar 9, 2013, 03:17 AM
I believe Olaf's computer is still having issues. So the entries can still be made until further notice.

BIG OLAF
Mar 10, 2013, 11:12 PM
Okay guys, I'm bumping this thread as a reminder, I'm giving two extra days 9since I had some computer problems and was unable to take any new entries) to enter for anyone who hasn't.

So, please submit entries before 11:59:59 PM Eastern on March 12th, 2013

After that, entries will be officially closed, and I'll compile the list and we'll begin the process of deciding the Top 10.

Horo The Wise Wolf
Mar 11, 2013, 06:38 AM
Yes! I didn't miss it!

Ce'Nedra
Mar 11, 2013, 06:46 AM
Oh good call, I forgot to upload the screens I took for this.

Hope I won't forget tonight =w=

Caledonia
Mar 12, 2013, 01:11 PM
Have you remembered 'Nedra?

The submission stage ends tonight, good luck to all the entrants ^^

Ce'Nedra
Mar 12, 2013, 02:01 PM
Yes I submitted my entry.

LinkKD
Mar 12, 2013, 11:02 PM
Submitted!

I'm saying this sorta late, but I already submitted it some hours ago =w= so it was in due time.

BIG OLAF
Mar 12, 2013, 11:09 PM
Which reminds me...

Entry submissions are now closed!

Thanks to everyone who sent in a picture! We got quite a few contestants here, but only 10 will make it to the poll! Then it's in all your hands, people!

Please allow a bit for the preliminary judging to take place. I have to compile all the contestants, and then ship their pictures off to the other judges, and then we all score them to see who gets into the Top 10! Thanks to everyone for entering, and good luck. :beer:

and now i can go to sleep, whew

Sizustar
Mar 29, 2013, 02:19 AM
Good luck to everyone else, and any plan for the next contest?

Shadowth117
Mar 29, 2013, 02:41 AM
Good luck to everyone else, and any plan for the next contest?

Lol, nice necro Sizu.

Sizustar
Mar 29, 2013, 02:53 AM
Lol, nice necro Sizu.

Odd, I saw it at the top, and responded to it though.

yoshiblue
Mar 29, 2013, 02:54 AM
The person that bumped this had their post deleted. lol

connor_the_kid
Mar 29, 2013, 03:34 AM
all I basically said was it's taking her a really long time to choose the winners.

so it's a little disrespectful to people who took the time out to participate

that's all im saying

Gama
Mar 29, 2013, 05:42 AM
sometimes it takes time due to judges, or due to several submissions.

BIG OLAF
Mar 29, 2013, 05:55 AM
sometimes it takes time due to judges, or due to several submissions.

Yup, it took a little bit, but the poll will be up this weekend. Thanks for your patience, everyone!

Requiem Aeternam
Mar 29, 2013, 07:23 AM
Looking forward to seeing what everyone's entries look like. I was too slow and forgot to submit anything ^^;

Ce'Nedra
Mar 29, 2013, 07:30 AM
Judging always takes a long time. You just have to check for a lot of stuff and the more people entering the longer it takes, specially getting it from serval judges, then listing and making a top 10 and such. People really need to learn to have patience, even if it takes a month.