PDA

View Full Version : Ye old rod vs talis argument.

holmwood
Feb 24, 2013, 04:28 AM
Yes its that thread again. Its way past pobt, and alot has changed. Rods have, on average, 17% more tatk than talis. Talis has more utility and may make better use of wise stance for those Fo/Fi.

In the end, it comes down to whether that 17% tatk will make a huge difference in damage. ^^; Any talis users out there?

Shadowth117
Feb 24, 2013, 04:47 AM
Are you seriously trying to bring back another one of these topics?

UnLucky
Feb 24, 2013, 07:09 AM
How would you get the Wise bonus better with a Talis? You're further away and much more likely for the target to turn around to face you. I mean sure you can hit a Rockbear's face from behind, but I think just going Brave with a rod would be easier and stronger.

TheAstarion
Feb 24, 2013, 08:04 AM
I tried it as FITE, and the stance is based on where you are, not where your talis is, with respect to your enemy's face/bottom. Throw out your talis behind a bunch of mechs and watch as your gizonde does the same damage for whichever stance you're in. It's good with bravestance gigrants and katargots or g* wonda, for instance.

Rod for straight damage. Talis for Zondeeling from a distance. Knuckles for zondeeling up close. Stances don't affect what weapon you use at all.