PDA

View Full Version : PSVITA PSO General Questions ( HELP )

ANATAL
Feb 25, 2013, 09:02 AM
Hello

First , I would like to say thanks in advance for any help you can bring me on

Okay , I ' m really excited to play this new PSO

But equally I have many doubts about the game , many of them related to technics aspects of PC / VITA versions

I unerstand that some of them can not be answered so faithful , because the game is not out yet ( but almost XD )

While I 'd ask this questions , I ' ll try and make conjectures myself too

- If I import the VITA physical cartridge , ¿ could be played on a EUROPEAN SON ( Sony Online Network ) Account ( or one from another country or region ) ?

This has me very intrigued , since it is obvious that if you import a game offline ( or not ) of Japan , it is very likely that you can use it with your original account and updates are completely available , the only thing is you can not buy DLC because as logic is not going to appear in the respective SON store

Therefore , it would be quite possible to play and have your achievements in the original account without having to create you one Japanese to play this game . Always forgetting DLC and other

BUT , there is always a but in this life . I have understood that also need an account of SEGA , an ID to be specified . And you may not be able to access this if you are not previously connected to a Japanese account

And this leads me to think that being so , you have to be in a Japanese SON account to access the game , whether your game is physical or digital ( in which case there would be no doubt , of course )

- All this leads to the following , is it possible , when the game is released in other territories and languages , play with their game clients using the SEGA ID you created before , and thus your original characters ?

Because , otherwise , you would be forced to create new characters and leave behind all that invested ( in time and money, at least on time ) , in order to play the game in your language

It may also be that this option is disabled now , and when the game is released worldwide ( if it is in VITA, which is doubtful ) , is enabled so you could enter SEGA ID with any of the existing SON accounts

As you can see , my biggest concern about playing in the Japan release is the possibility of having to create another SEGA ID when you want to play the game in your language in the future . Tha would be a mess

- ¿ Does anyone have a list of all the DLC available at launch of the game ?

- And what the DLC is based , ie will only cosmetic or really useful things

- I read that there will be Normal ( Freetoplay ) and Premium Accounts , is this so ? Differences ? How you'll do one or the other ? Prices ?

- There is Cross Save also ? Could we start a game on PC to continue on VITA and follow? ¿ And vice versa ?

- I've also seen it says there will be specific zones for VITA users , others for PC and some for both players

I assume that , once created a character , even if you did on VITA you ' ll be able to play later in PC in PC - Only zones , or PC to VITA ones . ¿ What you think ?

- Regarding DLC and others , in case you need to create an JP SON Account , how will payments work actually ? I mean , can again use a credit card , or still need to pay with a card that resides in Japan ?

If so , then further complications . It would take you to have to buy the Prepayment cards by eBay and the like in order to have money in the wallet to shop and such

So far these are my doubts , are many and probably will have more . Most can be now answered as others not for sure , but since I do not believe that a representative of SEGA will come to officially answer them I am ok . But hey , to try and make our conjectures we lose nothing

Seeya

Meji
Feb 25, 2013, 09:19 AM
- If I import the VITA physical cartridge , ¿ could be played on a EUROPEAN account ( or one from another country or region ) ?
I doubt it will, since you have to connect your PSN-account to PSO2 if you want to play through the VITA.
Also, updates will be made via the PSN, so it has to be a Japanese one.

- All this leads to the following , is it possible , when the game is released in other territories and languages , play with their game clients using the SEGA ID you created before , and thus your original characters ?Nope. Since the other games won't have the same kind of items and patches the current JP version has, a transfer isn't possible. You would have to make a new account for the new servers.

- Does anyone have a list of all the DLC available at launch of the game ?I doubt there will be any DLC's, since the game is Free2Play. If something would come up, I'm guessing it'd be a PSO2 Vita theme, or something alike.

- I read that there will be Normal ( Freetoplay ) and Premium Accounts , is this so ? Differences ? How you'll do one or the other ? Prices ?
Playing premium costs 1300AC (in game cash) for 30 days, which is about ~20$ if you purchase it via WebMoney providers. With Premium comes lots of extra features, such as My Shop (sell stuff at the market), trade with people, access to your room, and much more. You don't really need premium to be able to enjoy the game though.

- There is Cross Save also ? Could we start a game on PC to continue on VITA and follow? And vice versa ? The VITA and PC versions are linked to the same server. A.k.a, you can play with the same character on the PC and the VITA.

- I've also seen it says there will be specific zones for VITA users , others for PC and some for both players .Yes, there specific blocks for VITA and PC players, but there's also blocks where these two parts can get together and mingle/play. As for now, some special bosses and events will occur on the VITA-blocks.

- Regarding DLC and others , in case you need to create an JP SON Account , how will payments work actually ? I mean , can again use a credit card , or still need to pay with a card that resides in Japan ?
You can only buy stuff directly from the market if you have a Japanese Credit Card. There is a way around this, though, by buying the PlayStation Network Cards from providers (like WebMoney cards). This way, you'll add funds to your account to spend on games etc.
Also, don't buy them off eBay, since most prices there are quite the rip-off.

ANATAL
Feb 25, 2013, 09:49 AM
Thanks alot for answering , very kindly

Originally Posted by ANATAL
- If I import the VITA physical cartridge , ¿ could be played on a EUROPEAN account ( or one from another country or region ) ?

I doubt it will, since you have to connect your PSN-account to PSO2 if you want to play through the VITA.
Also, updates will be made via the PSN, so it has to be a Japanese one.

I think that updates are not related to accounts , because I imported many US games and can update them through my EU account

Probably yeah , it will stop doing this that you ' ll have to be signed into JP SON Account in order to access PSO servers and log then with your SEGA ID

Originally Posted by ANATAL
- All this leads to the following , is it possible , when the game is released in other territories and languages , play with their game clients using the SEGA ID you created before , and thus your original characters ?

Nope. Since the other games won't have the same kind of items and patches the current JP version has, a transfer isn't possible. You would have to make a new account for the new servers.

This is a REAL mess , then . It will stuck you to be playing forever with JP Client in order to not ' lose ' characters and such and have to start over from zero

- Does anyone have a list of all the DLC available at launch of the game ?

I doubt there will be any DLC's, since the game is Free2Play. If something would come up, I'm guessing it'd be a PSO2 Vita theme, or something alike.

This is a missunderstand ( my language is ..... well )

To me DLC is = Premium Acc .

I though that this PSO will be Free to play but there will be many items and advantages if you pay IRL

So thats what I meant

You can only buy stuff directly from the market if you have a Japanese Credit Card. There is a way around this, though, by buying the PlayStation Network Cards from providers (like WebMoney cards). This way, you'll add funds to your account to spend on games etc.
Also, don't buy them off eBay, since most prices there are quite the rip-off.

Years ago , you could use your credit card no matter which account you were logged on .

Now from what you tell me , it seems you can ' t . So it will be imperative to buy a voucher ( idk what is WebMoney card ) in order to , like you said , add funds to your wallet and then buy Premium package in the PSO Shop ( its in game or not )

kkow
Feb 25, 2013, 11:15 AM
There is a way around this, though, by buying the PlayStation Network Cards from providers (like WebMoney cards).

I'm pretty certain you can't buy PSN cards to obtain AC.

Alenoir
Feb 25, 2013, 11:17 AM
- If I import the VITA physical cartridge , ¿ could be played on a EUROPEAN SON ( Sony Online Network ) Account ( or one from another country or region ) ?

Maybe. Unlike stuffs you need to download off the store, updates are done via the Live area, so technically you should be able to patch every week without being on a Japanese SEN account. There may or may not be restriction that requires you to use a JP account though, we don't know.

Arks cash (the in-game currency you buy with real life money) will not be sold on PSN. It have to be done through SEGA's site.

This is a missunderstand ( my language is ..... well )

To me DLC is = Premium Acc .

I though that this PSO will be Free to play but there will be many items and advantages if you pay IRL

So thats what I meant

Scroll down on this post (http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-ac-content-742012/) for some of the cash shop items that were there when the game first went to live. Some stuffs are changed on the way they can be brought, but they still costs the same.

ANATAL
Feb 25, 2013, 12:06 PM
I'm pretty certain you can't buy PSN cards to obtain AC.

¿ Then how you will be buy Ark Cash ? Goddess ..... :etongue:

Z-0
Feb 25, 2013, 12:27 PM
You have to go through the website, even on the Vita. You'll buy AC the same way a PC user does.

It's not too difficult, arguably easier on the Vita, because if you load up a hiragana keyboard on your Vita, it's really easy to do the captcha. I bought 5K AC on there a couple of weeks ago (because my PC was off and I was lazy, lol) and it worked like a charm, although the pages are a little slow.

ANATAL
Feb 26, 2013, 06:18 AM
You have to go through the website, even on the Vita. You'll buy AC the same way a PC user does.

It's not too difficult, arguably easier on the Vita, because if you load up a hiragana keyboard on your Vita, it's really easy to do the captcha. I bought 5K AC on there a couple of weeks ago (because my PC was off and I was lazy, lol) and it worked like a charm, although the pages are a little slow.

Yeah what I mean is ..... ¿ can you buy AC ( Ark Cash ) using your regular Credit Card ?

I ' d ask this because it seems you can ' t do that in VITA Store shop ( Japanese one )

Maronji
Feb 26, 2013, 06:25 AM
Yeah what I mean is ..... ¿ can you buy AC ( Ark Cash ) using your regular Credit Card ?

Only if it's a Japanese credit card. Otherwise, no dice.

ANATAL
Feb 26, 2013, 06:30 AM
Only if it's a Japanese credit card. Otherwise, no dice.

LOL then we ' re done

Maronji
Feb 26, 2013, 06:33 AM
LOL then we ' re done

Well, let me correct that statement (as it was far too broad (was cleaning all day; brain isn't quite working)): You can buy AC directly with your credit card if it's a Japanese one.

Otherwise, you can use services like CN-USA and Suto-Corp to get WebMoney codes with your credit card (through Google Checkout/PayPal) and then put in the codes in on the PSO2 Players Site to get AC.

That's about it, really.

ANATAL
Feb 26, 2013, 06:37 AM
Well, let me correct that statement (as it was far too broad (was cleaning all day; brain isn't quite working)): You can buy AC directly with your credit card if it's a Japanese one.

Otherwise, you can use services like CN-USA and Suto-Corp to get WebMoney codes with your credit card (through Google Checkout/PayPal) and then put in the codes in on the PSO2 Players Site to get AC.

That's about it, really.

Sounds a bit complicated but good tho

blace
Feb 26, 2013, 06:42 AM
There are markups on the WebMoney codes as these sites are retailers for them. SutoCorp is cheaper, but requires ID or a copy of a statement with your name on it, CN-USA is more costly, but does not require any ID if done through Google Checkout or PayPal.

Both services will send you a code you can redeem on the WebMoney site.

Anatha
Feb 26, 2013, 06:45 AM
You don't NEED premium. All it gives you is the ability to trade with other premium users, something that is utterly useless.... and My room and My shop, one of which is aesthetic only, the second is the only useful part of premium...

And both My shop and My room can be obtained with FUN points which you get by playing the game.

ANATAL
Feb 26, 2013, 06:47 AM
You don't NEED premium. All it gives you is the ability to trade with other premium users, something that is utterly useless.... and My room and My shop, one of which is aesthetic only, the second is the only useful part of premium...

And both My shop and My room can be obtained with FUN points which you get by playing the game.

Well , I think that the ' hability ' to Trade its so important in a MMO

blace
Feb 26, 2013, 06:48 AM
There's the added perk of being able to join full blocks as Premium, useful for EQs.

If you want to trade, you'll have to find someone to trade with and most often, they ise the shop feature.

ANATAL
Feb 26, 2013, 06:51 AM
There's the added perk of being able to join full blocks as Premium, useful for EQs.

If you want to trade, you'll have to find someone to trade with and most often, they ise the shop feature.

¿ There will be Auction House , or not yet , or never ?

blace
Feb 26, 2013, 06:55 AM
You can use it to buy things from other players, but you need Premium or My Shop ticket to put things in to sell.

Alenoir
Feb 26, 2013, 10:06 AM
Well , I think that the ' hability ' to Trade its so important in a MMO
Not in this game. Not unless you have a closed circle of friends to trade things with. Things just go to my shop/NPC otherwise.

ANATAL
Feb 26, 2013, 11:33 AM
Y they make things so hard ?

I really don ' t understand

You can ' t play with your non JP SON Account ( in VITA I meant )
You have to get a learn a ' master ' to create the SEGA ID
You can ' t upgrade to Premium Account in normal Store ( and even if you could , you couldn ' t then pay using your western Credit Card ) , so you have to go external sites and even use a guide for it also

Like I said , they like to push ourselves

Alenoir
Feb 26, 2013, 11:57 AM
The game was developed with PC as the main platform, not Vita or PSN, hence why you do the payment on SEGA's site, not via the PS Store.

No one said you definitely can't use a non-JP SEN account for the game if you're getting the package version. We simply don't know if you can or not.

SEGA account really isn't that hard to create, the only thing hard was the captcha for those that can't read Japanese. And really, if you're not willing to put effort into doing the captcha yourself, I really don't suggest playing on the JP server on a Vita.

ANATAL
Feb 26, 2013, 12:12 PM
The ' only ' good thing that te game is not VITA ' s Store related is that , MAYBE , with a physical cartridge you can play with your original PSN account

Mopop
Feb 26, 2013, 01:06 PM
All the problems you list are because this is not a western game. It's a Japanese game. Yeah it sucks, but I'm sure there is a reason they can't take foreign credit cards...right, right...right...?

RedRaz0r
Feb 26, 2013, 01:06 PM
The ' only ' good thing that te game is not VITA ' s Store related is that , MAYBE , with a physical cartridge you can play with your original PSN account

Maybe, but I really wouldn't count on linking your account anyways. Not sure what the point of having a physical cartridge is anyways other than the in game items it comes with, because due to updates you'll basically need a dedicated memory card for the damn game anyways.

Alenoir
Feb 26, 2013, 01:36 PM
Maybe, but I really wouldn't count on linking your account anyways. Not sure what the point of having a physical cartridge is anyways other than the in game items it comes with, because due to updates you'll basically need a dedicated memory card for the damn game anyways.

Physical copies give you an advantage of not needing to play with an account in that particular game's region. For example, I played both Zennin Shiboudesu and Virtue's Last Reward (same game, different language) on my JP PSN account. If the games were downloaded digitally, I'd need to switch between accounts to play them.

Emp
Feb 26, 2013, 04:15 PM
Y they make things so hard ?

I really don ' t understand

You can ' t play with your non JP SON Account ( in VITA I meant )
You have to get a learn a ' master ' to create the SEGA ID
You can ' t upgrade to Premium Account in normal Store ( and even if you could , you couldn ' t then pay using your western Credit Card ) , so you have to go external sites and even use a guide for it also

Like I said , they like to push ourselves

Gotta learn a 'master'? What u mean?

Emp
Feb 26, 2013, 07:01 PM
Gotta learn a 'master'? What u mean?

Bump.

blace
Feb 26, 2013, 07:04 PM
Did you really need to bump your post that is only 3 hours apart? Have you looked at the times of the posts from the TC? Criticize if you will, but not everyone comes from a country where English is their native language.

ANATAL
Feb 27, 2013, 04:21 AM
Did you really need to bump your post that is only 3 hours apart? Have you looked at the times of the posts from the TC? Criticize if you will, but not everyone comes from a country where English is their native language.

I am from Catalonia that ' s it XD

I meant that is too difficult to do ( for non japanese speakers ofc )

Anyway we ' ll see today