PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 is too easy.

Emizel
Feb 25, 2013, 05:23 PM
I hate to be a negative nancy but does anyone else think PSO2 is way too easy?

There is no really high risk/reward content or quests where you feel like you're in danger.

in general the AI is sluggish and even from a health vs damage standpoint the game is very forgiving in all areas.

why is PSO2 so easy? and do you think they'll add harder content in the future?

imagine PSO2 with more monsters coming at you, more aggressive fast paced AI, doing more damage. sounds like fun!

my little brother is 5, I gave him my 360 controller and let him play for a while tonight, and he was very easily able to complete any VH mission with an S rank.

Zerex
Feb 25, 2013, 05:28 PM
The only times it was hard was where i was a hunter in a AQ surrounded by oodans making me flinch every second..

but hey, maybe that's just me

Scale of Judgment
Feb 25, 2013, 05:32 PM
Considering that ranks means that you just kill x amount of monsters...
There are Time Trials that spawns the Darker Den that you can try to solo.

Shadowth117
Feb 25, 2013, 05:32 PM
Go solo Darker's Den. If you can do that and still call it easy, than I will agree with you. Any group missions will be disgustingly easy regardless, though not necessarily easy to do well ( And by well I mean like 2 minute Naberius I party run. That is NOT easy.).

Ce'Nedra
Feb 25, 2013, 05:36 PM
Go solo Darker's Den. If you can do that and still call it easy, than I will agree with you. Any group missions will be disgustingly easy regardless, though not necessarily easy to do well ( And by well I mean like 2 minute Naberius I party run. That is NOT easy.).

Nab 1 TA in 2 minutes? I'd like to see a video of how people manage that cause it sounds impossible.

Ryno
Feb 25, 2013, 05:37 PM
It's still hard. For me. Can't find parties to join with my level. So I keep soloing. Especially switching class.

Railkune
Feb 25, 2013, 05:38 PM
Solo Darker's Den. I lol'd. But hey, whoever pulls that off gets a thumbs up from me. That's a legit accomplishment.

Du1337
Feb 25, 2013, 05:40 PM
I played caves on hard a couple hours ago with my friend and an npc. we got attacked by a vol dragon and after that a ragne. both times we had a hard time killing them being both lv.22. during both fights another party came to the rescue. without them failure was near.cuz it was hard....

Posted from Pso-world.com App for Android

Gama
Feb 25, 2013, 05:41 PM
Solo Darker's Den. I lol'd. But hey, whoever pulls that off gets a thumbs up from me. That's a legit accomplishment.

i did that once. ill never do it again x.x

Darki
I wonder why you even play the game considering that every post you make is to complain about something or someone in it...

I mean, not trying to tell you that you complain too much, there's a lot of people who whines all the time about stuff in the game but in a somewhat supportive way (they like the game, they wish they got some edges polished). All I read when I see your name around is how everything sucks. If I like the game as little as you seem to do I wouldn't lose my time playing. There are tons of other games I would try out.

And to the matter. Soloing a VH easy? Of course. What level are you? You might as well give your little brother the controller in an AQ at full advance risk or Darker's den and let's se how easily he beats that. While I agree with you that the game is generally very easy, not everything is.

Nab 1 TA in 2 minutes? I'd like to see a video of how people manage that cause it sounds impossible.

Really? I'd say you'd take 2 minutes running from start to boss given everything is already dead and unlocked. Unless you cheat, of course.

Klypto
The game has an artificial difficulty scale. Harder modes aren't actually harder, they just have better stats, which is disappointing .

UnLucky
Feb 25, 2013, 05:43 PM

Maybe not 2 minutes, but 3-4 minutes can be done with a full coordinated team. Split off for the shortcuts, dash everywhere, and WB+CT the bosses.

gigawuts
Feb 25, 2013, 05:43 PM
There are other games you may enjoy more.

Ever so slightly NSFW.
[spoiler-box]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnUGxY_b00Y"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnUGxY_b00Y[/spoiler-box]

Arialle
Feb 25, 2013, 05:44 PM
you know in general newer games are always easier to play. You would probably understand jf you have been gaming since the 90s.... and yes i agree PSO2 is easier to play than PSOBB for sure...but it is still fun

Shadowth117
Feb 25, 2013, 05:48 PM
When I did it, I was pretty cautious and so a bit slower after failing a few other times, but did it in 33 minutes. Zyn did it in 29.

Maybe not 2 minutes, but 3-4 minutes can be done with a full coordinated team. Split off for the shortcuts, dash everywhere, and WB+CT the bosses.

You have the right Idea UnLucky, but its definitely possible in under 3 minutes. Japanese latency may be required though to multi kill certain enemies. I've run in a TA where we achieved under 3:2X on Nab I although we had a few mistakes that run and could have been faster.

Z-0
Feb 25, 2013, 05:56 PM
You have the right Idea UnLucky, but its definitely possible in under 3 minutes. Japanese latency may be required though to multi kill certain enemies. I've run in a TA where we achieved under 3:2X on Nab I although we had a few mistakes that run and could have been faster.
YOU LIAR.

[spoiler-box]http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/3734/pso20130223053650006.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Railkune
Feb 25, 2013, 05:57 PM
I'm surprised some of you pulled solo'ing the Den. I've never experienced it before while playing, but I've seen it enough to realize how brutal it can be. Gotta say, it's commendable to handle it on your own. People should record solo runs though. I'd love to see how it's handled by different players.

Z-0
Feb 25, 2013, 05:59 PM
idk, have PS games ever been hard?

I've roflstomped pretty much every single one of them, except when I was new.

kkow
Feb 25, 2013, 06:16 PM
topic has been beat to death, but seriously? soloing an rng instance or speed run ta shouldnt equate to game difficulty, especially if those are the only examples you can come up with after hundreds of hours of gameplay needed to get there.

if you are all trolling me, well you got me.

MetalDude
Feb 25, 2013, 06:21 PM
Plenty of games have proven that challenge is not a necessity. It's the matter of making the game engaging and interesting that's important. I will be fair and at least say that a game of this nature could afford to have some high end challenges.

Redboigoi
Feb 25, 2013, 06:23 PM
my little brother is 5, I gave him my 360 controller and let him play for a while tonight, and he was very easily able to complete any VH mission with an S rank.

Your 5 year old brother? GTFO LMAOOOOOO

Scale of Judgment
Feb 25, 2013, 06:23 PM
It's easy to say something meaningless and have people take it seriously anyway...

When said group of people worship meaningless things!

Actually if you think about it...People have to give the statement " Everything is meaningless" some sort of meaning for it to be meaning...ful?

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 25, 2013, 06:33 PM
Play some AQs. I've had friends die 3-4 times in about a minute. Even the traps can one shot you.

Shadowth117
Feb 25, 2013, 06:34 PM
topic has been beat to death, but seriously? soloing an rng instance or speed run ta shouldnt equate to game difficulty, especially if those are the only examples you can come up with after hundreds of hours of gameplay needed to get there.

if you are all trolling me, well you got me.

Why shouldn't it? You're not exactly the game designer are you? Having vast amounts of easy missions to draw people in and give less skillfull players something fun to do sounds like a winning strategy for an MMO to me. Not to mention its only a year in. I'm not saying there shouldn't be more difficult missions, because there should, but going on about how there are few is silly.

And soloing an RNG instance is easy huh? Guess what Darker's Den isn't. The path/objects are set every time and the most random things in there are the infection levels/rarity of the set enemies (and PSE Bursts I suppose). Unless you mean the fact that its random to come up. A mission not coming up often has nothing to do with how hard it is to clear though when you do get it does it?

Speed running in itself is *also* something that has been equated to skill in many games, particularly Sega's which isn't surprising given their mascot. The PS series takes this to heart, often timing players in missions and in some cases going out of its ways to let players test their limits in set missions. Its not meant to appeal to everyone, but claiming its not difficult to be the fastest in a run is very ignorant and shows me that you have little experience in this area yourself.

Overall, I'd definitely say, yeah the game should be harder. But its foolish to blow off the things that were intentionally made challenging because they don't quite suit your tastes. No one is forcing you to play so if you can't stand the game for its general lack of difficulty perhaps play Dragon's Nest or something, would you?

Railkune
Feb 25, 2013, 06:35 PM
Play some AQs. I've had friends die 3-4 times in about a minute. Even the traps can one shot you.

Well dang. I've heard that AQ's can hurt if you're not careful, but being one shot by a trap is not cool lol. For some reason I tend to get caught by those sudden 2 beep air mines.

Z-0
Feb 25, 2013, 06:36 PM
Best run was when I died before enemies even spawned.

ftw

Dnd
Feb 25, 2013, 06:37 PM
Even the traps can one shot you.

The funniest moment I've seen in an AQ is Mr. Ambra one-shoting a force~

The game is typically easy, unless you make it a challenge for yourself by soloing content designed for groups. Its a kinda sorry state of affairs if this is having to be done imho....

Xaeris
Feb 25, 2013, 06:38 PM

I don't necessarily recommend the expenditure of the points to everyone else, but damn am I ever glad that I took Trap Search on a whim.

Anatha
Feb 25, 2013, 06:47 PM
That 5 year old must have freakishly large hands for his age.

UnLucky
Feb 25, 2013, 06:49 PM
The funniest moment I've seen in an AQ is Mr. Ambra one-shoting a force~

The game is typically easy, unless you make it a challenge for yourself by soloing content designed for groups. Its a kinda sorry state of affairs if this is having to be done imho....

I've had him almost kill me in VH because he spawned in the lava... Tick tick ticking away WHACK OHSHI

The Walrus
Feb 25, 2013, 07:41 PM
Has there ever been a difficult MMO? Cause going through all the ones I can think of and they're all piss easy.

Xaeris
Feb 25, 2013, 07:44 PM
WoW had some legitimately difficult content. So difficult, that only a miniscule portion of the playerbase was able to complete it when it was relevant. Heroic Lich King destroyed entire guilds. So, there's that.

UnLucky
Feb 25, 2013, 07:47 PM
Everquest had ridiculous raids that were extremely complex and required a lot of coordination, time, and gear.

gigawuts
Feb 25, 2013, 07:50 PM
Well, the problem there is all of that qualifies as endgame content - at least for when it was new - and this game is severely lacking in endgame content.

It sounds like they thought MPA's would be difficult, which they are not - which is entirely due to flinch (and partially due to AOE, but AOE is this powerful because it flinches so easily). Even tough enemies can be flinchlocked. The only ones that remain tough are the ones that can't be flinched. Compare fordran to gilnas and garongos. Which of those three is a fucking joke? Hint: It's the one you can flinchlock at essentially all times. Which two of those resembles a threat? The two with hyper armor attacks, if not permanent hyper armor.

blace
Feb 25, 2013, 07:51 PM
But weren't those games P2P? I understand that they needed something to make the game seem insanely difficult where proper gear is needed to take down bosses or for raids.

Shadowth117
Feb 25, 2013, 07:54 PM
While the majority of PSU is known for being easy, as it should, there are some missions that really stick out for being difficult to do. Like A Dream S4 and the version of The Big Push that required you to keep the enemies of out of the boundaries for even a chance at the Rutsularod come to mind. I don't even remember if it was possible for any class to solo Like A Dream S4 all the way through actually...

Lumpen Thingy
Feb 25, 2013, 08:39 PM
My god kid you make so many threads to bitch about things in this game. Go fucking play advance quest and tell me how "easy" those are. When you did that then start bitching but not on this forum please we don't need anymore unintelligent cry baby threads like this.

Punisher106
Feb 25, 2013, 09:05 PM
Easy? This game is far from easy, at least going solo or without a full, competent party. Banther and Banshee tear me up into mincemeat, no matter what class I am, and some mobs, when grouped right, can stunlock you, and easily faceroll you. Yeah, this is far from easy.

BlueCast Boy
Feb 25, 2013, 10:39 PM
Its easy because either you had a full party doing MPA or any mission, Soloing is extremely hard when facing bosses such as banther, quartz or hunar...Even at parties its hard in some mission, On AQ Vol will kill you in one hit (well it has higher chance on a high Advance Risk almost).

Zalana
Feb 25, 2013, 11:01 PM
Has there ever been a difficult MMO? Cause going through all the ones I can think of and they're all piss easy.

FFXI was difficult in some retrospects aka "Absolute Virtue" - "Pandomoneium Warden" some of the voidwatch bosses but, that's not a issue anymore due to level cap increase and other variables.

Zenobia
Feb 26, 2013, 12:01 AM
Ya know its bad enough Emizel you bitch on on B20 with that hilarious JP name you like to Flag around like a status symbol but dude srsly.

Quit ya bitchin brah cause alot of ppls finger triggers are rly itching at chu.

Dun like pso2 SIMPLY UNINSTALL IT EASY FIX.

How simply do you need things to be.

Anatha
Feb 26, 2013, 12:14 AM
My god kid you make so many threads to bitch about things in this game. Go fucking play advance quest and tell me how "easy" those are. When you did that then start bitching but not on this forum please we don't need anymore unintelligent cry baby threads like this.

He's too low for that, he didn't get very far before he sat around in the lobby whining about how "cheaters" are "everywhere" and he'll never be able to be "competitive", because of all the "hackers".

Don't know about you, but I've only seen two in all the many many hours I've been playing.

I think he should likely have worried more about being even worth comparing to any other legitimate player, because I'm pretty sure someone with a negative attitude is going to be last pick for any of the higher end content.

Railkune
Feb 26, 2013, 12:24 AM
I haven't even seen any hackers to my knowledge. I mean, not to say they aren't around because I'm sure they are, but I personally have never seen/experienced any during my time playing the game so far.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 26, 2013, 12:27 AM
I'll admit, when he first started talking about hackers I thought ship 2 might have some infestation, but since no one really paid him any mind in that regard I decided to dismiss it. I agree he really does seem to have some wild delusions about the game. I mean what makes him think hackers are so rampant anyway? cause people are lvl 55/55 and have good gear? O_o Because people have good affixes or know how to get good affixes? Maybe because some of us have over 50million meseta(which some might think is poor now adays)?

I mean...some of us just play the game

Agitated_AT
Feb 26, 2013, 12:32 AM
The OP is right and everyone knows it so stop acting like some kind of pso2 defendig force u tools. What kind of lame argument is it to call out 1 specific hard area thats like 1% of the whole game to prove the OP wrong? I dont give a fuck that darkers den is hard. For all i care it starts to become hard on a mode that comes after the mode that comes after ultimate. "Derp no the game isnt easy, you have to wait till you pour 1000 of hours and reach that mode so quit your whining". That is what you guys are doing. Are you guys serious when you do that?

To put wverything into perpective though. Jus because the bosses are challening doesnt mean the whole game is. Consider the epic boss apearances as proof that anyone likes to be engaged. So if them little enemies could offe that consistently, obviously that would be a good thing

Railkune
Feb 26, 2013, 12:32 AM
Maybe because some of us have over 50million meseta(which some might think is poor now adays)?

Right in the feels. Right there. Most I've held at pocket is about 300-400k or something. Though I just unlocked Very Hard so that should help me out some.

Zenobia
Feb 26, 2013, 12:38 AM
The OP is right and everyone knows it so stop acting like some kind of pso2 defendig force u tools. What kind of lame argument is it to call out 1 specific hard area thats like 1% of the whole game to prove the OP wrong? I dont give a fuck that darkers den is hard. For all i care it starts to become hard on a mode that comes after the mode that comes after ultimate. "Derp no the game isnt easy, you have to wait till you pour 1000 of hours and reach that mode so quit your whining". That is what you guys are doing. Are you guys serious when you do that?

To put wverything into perpective though. Jus because the bosses are challening doesnt mean the whole game is. Consider the epic boss apearances as proof that anyone likes to be engaged. So if them little enemies could offe that consistently, obviously that would be a good thing

Dunno about all this defending pso2 bullshit but if you know this guy and what he does then you would understand.

Any this guy is a constant b20 script kiddy literally he hardly does runs and i see him constantly just lobbying about trying to start failed flame wars.

Just throwing that out there we lot know this guys back-story and im not one to recap on it but if you are ever on b20 you would know.

By the way use spell check next time i had a hard ass time reading through that gibberish.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 26, 2013, 12:48 AM

Ok buddy. whatever you say.

Emizel
Feb 26, 2013, 12:51 AM
I think you have me confused for someone else. I'm not a script kiddy, and I've only been playing about 2 weeks now. I don't think I can have a 'back story' at this point
I'm a level 45 Hunter/30 Fighter. When I'm in B20 Lobby I usually go AFK because those players don't like me much.

In my opinion this game is pretty easy even in the toughest areas, but I get that some of you are more casual type gamers so you have a different perspective than me. I just hope they add more difficult modes for hardcore players.

Zenobia
Feb 26, 2013, 12:55 AM
I think you have me confused for someone else. I'm not a script kiddy, and I've only been playing about a week and a half now. I don't think I can have a 'back story' at this point
I'm a level 45 Hunter/30 Fighter. When I'm in B20 Lobby I usually go AFK because those players don't like me much.

If your the one wearing the Vohu Manah-ウォフマナフ yes the default color fit with the JP name of your forum name then i would hope it's not you but if so i nailed it on the spot.

Emizel
Feb 26, 2013, 12:58 AM
what did you nail on the spot exactly?

I'm actually surprised that people are getting upset over this topic and attacking me.

I thought better AI and harder difficulties would be high on people's wish lists for PSO2. The game just isn't challenging enough. The biggest hurdle is the RNG and repetition.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 26, 2013, 01:03 AM
It's an MMO. RNG and repetition are to be expected O_o

And this topic is old.

Game could be better, but you shouldn't WANT everything to be a challenge.

You haven't even qualified your argument with your experiences. At your level you haven't even begun to see what the game offers.

Anatha
Feb 26, 2013, 01:07 AM
That is him, Zeno. The shota. Reviled in game and on forum, it's like he's trying to commit character suicide. Character being used in the sense of reputation.

and that one ranting guy probably hasn't played AQ before, he also seems not to have done DD going by the way he worded himself, which would also imply he isn't high enough for AQ either.

Emizel
Feb 26, 2013, 01:10 AM
I expect RNG and grinding, but that shouldn't be the ONLY hard part of the game.

Game could be better, but you shouldn't WANT everything to be a challenge.

Why not?

Anatha
Feb 26, 2013, 01:13 AM
You should play a single player game. You completely lack any sort of less than self centered perspective.

And uhm, yea have you not played AQ either?

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 26, 2013, 01:14 AM
there's nothing hard about an RNG O_O

Anyway you shouldn't want everything to be a challenge because sometimes you need a break from that for one. second, just because YOU dont find it challenging doesn't mean others won't. Third, since you seem to think a 5 year old can play this game without difficulty, I'm calling bullshit and you don't know what you're talking about.

Lastly, anyone who thinks anyone who's better off than them is cheating shouldn't be commenting on content.

MetalDude
Feb 26, 2013, 01:15 AM
What Anatha said. MMOs are meant to accommodate a wide variety of skill. Making everything challenging for a highly skilled player makes it incredibly frustrating for everyone else.

Yunfa
Feb 26, 2013, 01:15 AM
I think you have me confused for someone else. I'm not a script kiddy, and I've only been playing about 2 weeks now. I don't think I can have a 'back story' at this point

In my opinion this game is pretty easy even in the toughest areas, but I get that some of you are more casual type gamers so you have a different perspective than me. I just hope they add more difficult modes for hardcore players.

2 weeks? TWO WEEKS?! I know exactly why you can "clear" VH missions, its because you simply LEECH. If this game had a damage dealt % at the end of each mission like Vindictus, you'd probably be at the very bottom of the list.

At your level you just managed to unlock AQ which I predict you will complain about the oooooo, exp penalty. Ha, tough luck, the rest of us are enjoying the boosted exp and are hoarding EXCUBES.

Get lvl 55/55, 10* weapons and units with a minimum of 3 slotted affixes, record a video of your solo against every single boss in this game, THEN maybe, other will take you more seriously. You actually had the audacity to attempt to stand your ground by admitting you're only 2 weeks in this game, smh.

Agitated_AT
Feb 26, 2013, 01:16 AM
Dunno about all this defending pso2 bullshit but if you know this guy and what he does then you would understand.

Any this guy is a constant b20 script kiddy literally he hardly does runs and i see him constantly just lobbying about trying to start failed flame wars.

Just throwing that out there we lot know this guys back-story and im not one to recap on it but if you are ever on b20 you would know.

By the way use spell check next time i had a hard ass time reading through that gibberish.
I don't even care who he is lol. For all I care he's a lifeless cpubot that talks trash 90% of the time. But why should that mean that we have to avoid, or even go against(this is especially the weird part) the good points he/it is making?

PS:I was on mobile. And keep in mind that not everyone is a native english speaker so keep that superior behavior to yourself. I'm doing my best

Skyly HUmar
Feb 26, 2013, 01:19 AM
Lol emizel, go fight the snow cats solo on vh mode. If you can do it without taking any dammage then you can say the game is easy. Oh and just to show me youre serious, make it under 3 minutes.

Emizel
Feb 26, 2013, 01:19 AM
I know that casual players should be accommodated, too. I just think that this game's AI is very sluggish and there's no tactical play required. It's not very challenging for a more skilled player.

Lastly, anyone who thinks anyone who's better off than them is cheating shouldn't be commenting on content.

Don't change the subject, and don't twist my words please. I complained about specific players, I certainly never accused all players with good gear of cheating.

Skyly HUmar
Feb 26, 2013, 01:21 AM
I know that casual players should be accommodated, too. I just think that this game's AI is very sluggish and there's no tactical play required. It's not very challenging for a more skilled player.

Don't change the subject, and don't twist my words please. I complained about specific players, I certainly never accused all players with good gear of cheating.

Just incase you missed it look at the post before this one ;p

blace
Feb 26, 2013, 01:21 AM
Eh, well I haven't looked at this thread in a few hours, but congrats on making the board turn against you in less than 100 posts and several days on the forums. Not saying that's something to be proud about, but you're fighting against a lost cause.

Before you attempt to try and say that it isn't, everyone else seems adamant on disproving you.

Coatl
Feb 26, 2013, 01:22 AM
I don't even care who he is lol. For all I care he's a lifeless cpubot that talks trash 90% of the time. But why should that mean that we have to avoid, or even go against(this is especially the weird part) the good points he/it is making?

PS:I was on mobile. And keep in mind that not everyone is a native english speaker so keep that superior behavior to yourself. I'm doing my best

Have you gone AQing yet? It's actually pretty challenging.

Lumpen Thingy
Feb 26, 2013, 01:24 AM

I want to find him in B20 right now so I can watch him get owned :D

Zenobia
Feb 26, 2013, 01:25 AM

Well spoken and to that native English part i apologize on that remark.

Other than that no srsly that is rly all he does he hardly TA's for DD nor is he even fit to AQ all he does is exactly what i said he comes on b20(after he is bored with the idk not so easy pso2 or w/e) and pick a random person to start a flame on while others are trying to get TA's going and AQ's he is there bathing in his pitiful flamewar attempts.

It's no wonder ppl want him in there parties if all he does IS THIS.

Skyly HUmar
Feb 26, 2013, 01:26 AM
Let him give my challenge a try, hes 45/30, cats are 46, if its as easy as he sais it should be cake for him.

Zenobia
Feb 26, 2013, 01:30 AM
HAH i bet he can't just an OLD video but i want him to solo them YEAH I DARE YA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYxBTmg5hGM

ALSO SOLO ZESHY FOR ME TOO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQtHgJelYvc

IF you can do these i will surely take back everything i said promise.

Yes both o these vids are me Yuri in the flesh ty.

Agitated_AT
Feb 26, 2013, 01:33 AM

I heard. Looking forward to doing it so thanks for the heads up.

But we shouldn't forget 45 levels that came before it just because there's content up on that huge mountain that may satisfy the player. There's a replay factor in the game with all the classes so you are gonna go through those 45 levels more than just once. I'm just saying, whoever he is, he's got a point and we shouldn't ignore or even go against it because of our dislikes towards him. That just seems irrational.

Well spoken and to that native English part i apologize on that remark.

Other than that no srsly that is rly all he does he hardly TA's for DD nor is he even fit to AQ all he does is exactly what i said he comes on b20(after he is bored with the idk not so easy pso2 or w/e) and pick a random person to start a flame on while others are trying to get TA's going and AQ's he is there bathing in his pitiful flamewar attempts.

It's no wonder ppl want him in there parties if all he does IS THIS.

I apologies too if i did wrong.

I understand what you guys are saying. This is a subject that i'm vocal about in general so when I saw the title, and OP, I came in without knowing the context since I dont lurk or play the game that often anymore.

Renvalt
Feb 26, 2013, 01:33 AM
Let him give my challenge a try, hes 45/30, cats are 46, if its as easy as he sais it should be cake for him.

Hey, the Snow Cats are probably the HARDEST boss for me. In fact, once I hit that point, it's melee hell central. (In fact, I'll go even further and say I have a slight cockblock on Vol Dragon, although the nerf removing his Hellfire Storm and Supernova ultimate attacks on Normal and Hard made it slightly easier).

If Emizel has the gall to say I suck balls after that, I'll lop his fucking head off. Arrogant to a fault, the little asswipe.

But go ahead, try it. Try to proclaim yourself better than me, Emizel!

Skyly HUmar
Feb 26, 2013, 01:36 AM
Hey, the Snow Cats are probably the HARDEST boss for me. In fact, once I hit that point, it's melee hell central. (In fact, I'll go even further and say I have a slight cockblock on Vol Dragon, although the nerf removing his Hellfire Storm and Supernova ultimate attacks on Normal and Hard made it slightly easier).

If Emizel has the gall to say I suck balls after that, I'll lop his fucking head off. Arrogant to a fault, the little asswipe.

But go ahead, try it. Try to proclaim yourself better than me, Emizel!

I agree, the cats are probably the hardest boss, especially for hunters, and more casual players can really struggle on them. But if he thinks it's too easy lets see him match the vid down bellow.

And nice job on zesh zenobia, ill have to gets recording that one soon.

And this is me with my old gear against the kitties on vh, if you can do this and record it for me then ill let ya say the game is too easy Emi boy :3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu57AS7Rlfk

Zenobia
Feb 26, 2013, 01:43 AM
I agree, the cats are probably the hardest boss, especially for hunters, and more casual players can really struggle on them. But if he thinks it's too easy lets see him match the vid down bellow.

And this is me with my old gear against the kitties on vh, if you can do this and record it for me then ill let ya say the game is too easy Emi boy :3.

Phantasy Star Online 2: Tundra Boss VH - No Damage [Solo] - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu57AS7Rlfk)

Thx but i swear dat darn Zeshy sure luves to stomp alot i could have done way better on the cats but i recorded that vid for a freind who wanted to do a def build and mostly for pointers on the cats as he had trouble with them.

I love your vid and your damage is godly nice to see ppl proving that HU/FI doesn't suck as i keep hearing that.

I shall do a redo on the cats sometime soon and re-upload.

Blackheart521
Feb 26, 2013, 01:46 AM
As much as I hate the attitude Emizel has, I agree with Agitated AT on the case of having to get up to 45 just to get to AQs which are the actual test of skill and mettle in the game. There needs to be incremental tests other than just the bosses and Time Attack to help you actually increase your skill as a player in the game as you progress...

Mid-level content is an issue in this game and they should try to get players more invested in trying to become better players before they start approaching cap. I was kind of thinking something along the lines of testing specific skills exclusively through Testing Area setup and giving rewards for mastering them. Just Guard, Just Attack practicing or practicing Invincibility frames on dodges to name a few.

More engaging content is a need in this game, though with the introduction of AQs I feel that SoJ is starting to understand this slowly but surely. ^^;

Emizel
Feb 26, 2013, 01:49 AM

Phantasy Star Online 2: Tundra Boss VH - No Damage [Solo] - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu57AS7Rlfk)

I'm not sure why you keep referencing that boss as if it's difficult. It suffers from the same sluggish, non-aggressive, slow AI as the rest of the enemies in the game.

You're trying to make the argument that the game isn't easy, but you posted a video effortlessly soloing a VH boss without getting hit. You're actually supporting my point.

Skyly HUmar
Feb 26, 2013, 01:51 AM
Thx but i swear dat darn Zeshy sure luves to stomp alot i could have done way better on the cats but i recorded that vid for a freind who wanted to do a def build and mostly for pointers on the cats as he had trouble with them.

I love your vid and your damage is godly nice to see ppl proving that HU/FI doesn't suck as i keep hearing that.

I shall do a redo on the cats sometime soon and re-upload.

Thanks ;p I gotta get re-recording myself actually. My kagu is almost at 50% light now, when im able to find 3 more iku ill record some more snow cats, zesh, and maybe aq kitties since tbh they seem a bit faster at lv 56+.

The other day i wanted to try a solo and i ran into lv 60 lv3 boosted rare ones X.x It took like 7 min even with my new dammage output so its bound to be fun lol.

Zenobia
Feb 26, 2013, 01:51 AM
As much as I hate the attitude Emizel has, I agree with Agitated AT on the case of having to get up to 45 just to get to AQs which are the actual test of skill and mettle in the game. There needs to be incremental tests other than just the bosses and Time Attack to help you actually increase your skill as a player in the game as you progress...

Mid-level content is an issue in this game and they should try to get players more invested in trying to become better players before they start approaching cap. I was kind of thinking something along the lines of testing specific skills exclusively through Testing Area setup and giving rewards for mastering them. Just Guard, Just Attack practicing or practicing Invincibility frames on dodges to name a few.

More engaging content is a need in this game, though with the introduction of AQs I feel that SoJ is starting to understand this slowly but surely. ^^;

Reminds me of S4 League they had that same system they showed you how the game mechanics work and how the game play is they even showed what the weps do how they were meant to be used but as far as showing the invincibility frames and what not nah was never spoken of.

Skyly HUmar
Feb 26, 2013, 01:52 AM
I'm not sure why you keep referencing that boss as if it's difficult. It suffers from the same sluggish, non-aggressive, slow AI as the rest of the enemies in the game.

You're trying to make the argument that the game isn't easy, but you posted a video effortlessly soloing a VH boss without getting hit. You're actually supporting my point.

I actually think it takes alot of practice to do it that well, now show me you can too, emi boy.

Zenobia
Feb 26, 2013, 01:55 AM
Thanks ;p I gotta get re-recording myself actually. My kagu is almost at 50% light now, when im able to find 3 more iku ill record some more snow cats, zesh, and maybe aq kitties since tbh they seem a bit faster at lv 56+.

The other day i wanted to try a solo and i ran into lv 60 lv3 boosted rare ones X.x It took like 7 min even with my new dammage output so its bound to be fun lol.

LOL SAME HERE and let me tell you they HIT HARD AS FAWK lol i think i can only take 3 HITS BARE MINIMUM from those guys i swear and there dash atks man i swear.

For any HU that doesn't have just reversal against lvl 60 boosted cats RARE ONES AT MOST your looking at a quick death maybe 1min into the fight give or take this includes Basic knowledge of both Banshee and Banters atk patterns which i carefully memorized.

Emizel
Feb 26, 2013, 01:56 AM
to flawless the fight, sure, I bet it did take practice. namely memorizing the boss animations. It's still not a difficult fight by any means. attacking me personally and saying you're better than me doesn't change the situation or my argument.

Zenobia
Feb 26, 2013, 01:56 AM
I actually think it takes alot of practice to do it that well, now show me you can too, emi boy.

Okay Fine GO GO GO DO ETTTTT!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OSQurAkpN4

LinkKD
Feb 26, 2013, 01:57 AM

uh...effortlessly? really? Can you do the same? because I know I can't without some practice and many many tries.

also, this boss has patterns of attacks that are extremely agressive.

Skyly HUmar
Feb 26, 2013, 01:57 AM
LOL SAME HERE and let me tell you they HIT HARD AS FAWK lol i think i can only take 3 HITS BARE MINIMUM from those guys i swear and there dash atks man i swear.

For any HU that doesn't have just reversal against lvl 60 boosted cats RARE ONES AT MOST your looking at a quick death maybe 1min into the fight give or take this includes Basic knowledge of both Banshee and Banters atk patterns which i carefully memorized.

I got hit once by ong and took 680/864, after that I just stuck to just counter/rising edge and over end when he roared.

gigawuts
Feb 26, 2013, 01:58 AM
to flawless the fight, sure, I bet it did take practice. It's still not a difficult fight by any means. attacking me personally and saying you're better than me doesn't change the situation or my argument.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnwC5gNWA0I

OMG look at this fukken game its so ez look how dis guy does a parfect run witout 1 hit omg so eazy fkn scrubs dis gam isnt hadr

no i wont do it 2 stp makin parsonal atak on me

Agitated_AT
Feb 26, 2013, 01:58 AM

Alright this is just nonsense.

Zenobia
Feb 26, 2013, 02:00 AM
I got hit once by ong and took 680/864, after that I just stuck to just counter/rising edge and over end when he roared.

It just suck though i never died on him but man i though he dropped his Dagger rares but it was a unit Q.Q!!

Skyly HUmar
Feb 26, 2013, 02:01 AM
to flawless the fight, sure, I bet it did take practice. namely memorizing the boss animations. It's still not a difficult fight by any means. attacking me personally and saying you're better than me doesn't change the situation or my argument.

Yes it does, because YOU CANT DO IT. So that does change the situation. If everything is as easy as you say you should have no problem doing what I did with my (now crappy) out of date gear.

All youre doing is saying how everything is easy but dude, lets be honest, we all know that you probably wouldnt even be able to beat them solo, let alone do it without getting hit. And if you can, record it and prove me wrong, fraps is free to download and its what I used for that great quality.

Emizel
Feb 26, 2013, 02:01 AM
to be honest, my main gripe (and the topic of this thread) wasn't really about boss fights, but everything leading up to them. I don't think any of the boss fights are difficult to clear either, but perhaps doing it solo without getting hit once is challenging (I haven't tried). please don't let my argument that the game in general is too easy devalue your accomplishments.

also, I want challenging content for parties, not solo.

Skyly HUmar
Feb 26, 2013, 02:04 AM
It just suck though i never died on him but man i though he dropped his Dagger rares but it was a unit Q.Q!!

I hate when that happens lol. In the 11 days it took me to find ardillo a week out of obt, i got like 40 unteked WLs out of fords.

And god that map where I found ardillo was the best map ive ever been in. It was 11 blocks long, it was a straight line, 5 spawns total, and all but 1 spawned 2-3 fords. It was just meant to be lol.

LinkKD
Feb 26, 2013, 02:04 AM

Ok, so what you're saying is that it should be difficult to be completed at all? Well ok, on that I can agree...there's nothing on PSO2 that the completion itself is something way too out of reach, you always have means to make it easier, but that's how most MMOs are, you always can grind and be OP.

This doesn't stop you from creating your own challenges, just like Hannibal did right there, and it was something very difficult indeed.

Also

Touhou 7: Perfect Cherry Blossom - Extra Stage "Perfect" Run - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnwC5gNWA0I)

OMG look at this fukken game its so ez look how dis guy does a parfect run witout 1 hit omg so eazy fkn scrubs dis gam isnt hadr

no i wont do it 2 stp makin parsonal atak on me

Toho! c:

Skyly HUmar
Feb 26, 2013, 02:05 AM
to be honest, my main gripe (and the topic of this thread) wasn't really about boss fights, but everything leading up to them. I don't think any of the boss fights are difficult to clear either, but perhaps doing it solo without getting hit once is challenging (I haven't tried). please don't let my argument that the game in general is too easy devalue your accomplishments.

translation: "I was just bullshitting i cant really do that its too hard for me please dont flame me!"

Renvalt
Feb 26, 2013, 02:06 AM

He's challenging you though, Emi Boy. So, either put up or shut up. Accept his challenge and show us your power, or refuse and hide like the coward you are.

I may not be the BEST, y'know, but I make it a habit to actually LIVE through each of my fights. And I try to make sure that there are as few casualties as possible by the end. Why? Because I have a pet peeve with seeing health bars that aren't all green.

In fact, I'll raise his challenge: Take on all the bosses of PSO2 - every single one - without taking a SINGLE hit. I'll bet you can't do it. I haven't seen anyone else do it, but maybe I'll be proven wrong within a few moments of this post - either by you or someone else.

So, what'll it be, Emi Boy? Take my challenge like a man or continue to argue and whine like the little momma's boy that you are?

blace
Feb 26, 2013, 02:06 AM
People answered that with Advance Quests(AQ). I haven't done it, being a casual player, but you'll see the difference.

LinkKD
Feb 26, 2013, 02:07 AM

Challening content for parties:

AQs / Darker's Den / Good times in TA / Good times runs against certain bosses

Darker's Den being the most challenging imo, AQs coming right after.

Emizel
Feb 26, 2013, 02:09 AM
He's challenging you though, Emi Boy. So, either put up or shut up. Accept his challenge and show us your power, or refuse and hide like the coward you are.

I may not be the BEST, y'know, but I make it a habit to actually LIVE through each of my fights. And I try to make sure that there are as few casualties as possible by the end. Why? Because I have a pet peeve with seeing health bars that aren't all green.

In fact, I'll raise his challenge: Take on all the bosses of PSO2 - every single one - without taking a SINGLE hit. I'll bet you can't do it. I haven't seen anyone else do it, but maybe I'll be proven wrong within a few moments of this post - either by you or someone else.

So, what'll it be, Emi Boy? Take my challenge like a man or continue to argue and whine like the little momma's boy that you are?

I'll just continue to whine I guess. I don't know if I can solo bosses without getting hit. I don't really care, though.

the majority of this game is still incredibly easy to complete & S rank (without making personal challenges for yourself like doing it flawless)

Zenobia
Feb 26, 2013, 02:09 AM

Your lvl 45 right? Do AQ many ppl on b20 ask for AQ's so the challenging content for parties comment holds no value its there.

Pick your poison do em or don't you are a casual gamer are you not casual gamers shouldn't worry about challenging content they just play to have fun and other factors that i haven't outlined.

ReaperTheAbsol
Feb 26, 2013, 02:10 AM
I think this game has a fair bit of challenge, especially for the solo Hunter. I enjoy playing the game in different ways. Sometimes I took my units off and even went as far as using a shitty weapon for most of the game. I made challenges for myself to keep the game engaging and "difficult."

If it's still too easy for you, move on or wait for ultrasupermegadeath endgame content and solo it day one.

Skyly HUmar
Feb 26, 2013, 02:10 AM

Id like to give that a shot actually. I think i can do them all as long as I kill mizer before he goes into gun mode and zesh if i kill him on the first flip. But it may take a while to record all and im in the middle of hunting so dont expect it for a bit ;p.

Renvalt
Feb 26, 2013, 02:13 AM
Id like to give that a shot actually. I think i can do them all as long as I kill mizer before he goes into gun mode and zesh if i kill him on the first flip. But it may take a while to record all and im in the middle of hunting so dont expect it for a bit ;p.

Take as long as you need. As long as you actually DO IT, I care not how many attempts it takes you. After all, the Art of Danmakufu is not so simple that one can become a Kannushi overnight. No game is so simple that you know the secrets in a single day, and as Yugi Moto said in the original Yugioh: "But inventing a game doesn't mean you can't be beaten at it."

Basically, as long as I get proof you did it fair and square, that's all that matters to me.

Railkune
Feb 26, 2013, 02:13 AM

This I gotta see.

Skyly HUmar
Feb 26, 2013, 02:14 AM
Ok, so what you're saying is that it should be difficult to be completed at all? Well ok, on that I can agree...there's nothing on PSO2 that the completion itself is something way too out of reach, you always have means to make it easier, but that's how most MMOs are, you always can grind and be OP.

This doesn't stop you from creating your own challenges, just like Hannibal did right there, and it was something very difficult indeed.

Also

Toho! c:

Thats actually the 8th out of 11 challenges that I made and give to my team when they get into melee classes ;p. If you want a list to practice i can pm it to ya, but you cant do 5-7 since i gotta be there for those :c. (no worries, no one has beaten 5-7 so dont worry about that lol).

Skyly HUmar
Feb 26, 2013, 02:18 AM
Take as long as you need. As long as you actually DO IT, I care not how many attempts it takes you. After all, the Art of Danmakufu is not so simple that one can become a Kannushi overnight. No game is so simple that you know the secrets in a single day, and as Yugi Moto said in the original Yugioh: "But inventing a game doesn't mean you can't be beaten at it."

Basically, as long as I get proof you did it fair and square, that's all that matters to me.

No probs, im confident i can. but ill count out hunar and falz since falz is once in a blue moon and hunar is a little hard to come accross. And would you like the quality to be like my kitty vid or would you not mind me using my pc for it this time (my shader is 1, fps 30 (used to be 60 but the update has been screwing with my pc X.x), and my resolution is high)?

And shit double post again.

ReaperTheAbsol
Feb 26, 2013, 02:24 AM
That kitty video was amazing, Hannibal. You've got excellent control as your character, and that damage is damn good as well. I hope I can solo kitties as flawlessly as you did.

Skyly HUmar
Feb 26, 2013, 02:26 AM
That kitty video was amazing, Hannibal. You've got excellent control as your character, and that damage is damn good as well. I hope I can solo kitties as flawlessly as you did.

Thanks bud, and im confident you can, it just takes alot of practice... and elitism >.>

Inazuma
Feb 26, 2013, 02:30 AM
Generally speaking, PSO2 is very easy. The banthers are challenging and the new Advance Quests can be challenging at times. Everything else is pretty much easy to the point of being absurd. If something is too hard, people complain and Sega nerfs it. Sega wants as many people playing PSO2 as possible so that means dumbing down the game so everyone can handle it. For those of us who are good at video games, it's a shame.

I grew up with 8 and 16 bit games. Back then, games were made for gamers. Gaming today is mainstream so that means everything has to be dumbed down so your grandmother can play it.

By the way, it doesn't matter how good of a player the topic creator is. If he can solo all bosses without getting hit, or if he can't even defeat a Nab Rappy on normal mode, that doesn't change the game itself. If you want him to be wrong, get Sega to change the game so it's challenging. Until that happens, the topic creator is right.

People on this forum don't even know how to have a proper argument. It's embarrassing.

Blackheart521
Feb 26, 2013, 02:31 AM
Thats actually the 8th out of 11 challenges that I made and give to my team when they get into melee classes ;p. If you want a list to practice i can pm it to ya, but you cant do 5-7 since i gotta be there for those :c. (no worries, no one has beaten 5-7 so dont worry about that lol).

If you wouldn't mind I'd be interested in seeing your challenge list... I'm not max level or anything but I think I've got some good control as a melee player and It'd be interesting to see if I can complete some of them. ^^

Agitated_AT
Feb 26, 2013, 02:40 AM

Yeah. Don't make bold statements that make no sense. Bosses difficulty have been revolved around patterns since the nes and people still consider those days the epitome of challenging games. Today we have more complex AI so Saying that it takes time and practice untill you can solo a banther flawlessly just shows that it requires good timing and (a lot of)skill. Which means that only a few good players could do it.

When you stop making sense, people are not gonna take your arguments seriously. I personally disagree with any comments being made about darkers den and AQ to prove you wrong because i'd say it's a dumb argument to pick out endgame content that make out 5% of the game to prove that the game isn't easy.

This is not about winning arguments guys. If someone says the game is easy, obviously that person means that it is in general. If you disagree with this fine, but if you don't, what's the point of using 5%, that's endgame as a valid argument?

That's the argument you guys are using though. I'd say because of the bosses, maybe 20% of the game can be challenging. The fields are usually boring experiences where you hope for bosses to appear. And those are the only times you wake up out of your sleep.

Generally speaking, PSO2 is very easy. The banthers are challenging and the new Advance Quests can be challenging at times. Everything else is pretty much easy to the point of being absurd. If something is too hard, people complain and Sega nerfs it. Sega wants as many people playing PSO2 as possible so that means dumbing down the game so everyone can handle it. For those of us who are good at video games, it's a shame.

I grew up with 8 and 16 bit games. Back then, games were made for gamers. Gaming today is mainstream so that means everything has to be dumbed down so your grandmother can play it.

By the way, it doesn't matter how good of a player the topic creator is. If he can solo all bosses without getting hit, or if he can't even defeat a Nab Rappy on normal mode, that doesn't change the game itself. If you want him to be wrong, get Sega to change the game so it's challenging. Until that happens, the topic creator is right.

People on this forum don't even know how to have a proper argument. It's embarrassing.

+1 sir

Renvalt
Feb 26, 2013, 02:45 AM
@Hannibal - Use whatever. It's not how the challenge looks, but the fact that you pulled it off that counts. I honestly couldn't give two fucks over whether you had Oscar-worthy graphics or the shittiest 3D that would make Rise of the Robots weep in shame.

@Inazuma - There are rare cases, but I will say for the most part that what you say is true. However, I CAN definitely say that if one knows how to hide it, video games can be used to spread political propaganda (the new Devil May Cry attacking the shitty pop culture of America, and the new Metal Gear game attacking those greedy warmongering frogs in Congress and elsewhere - subtle references that nobody notices unless they actually look).

But yeah, we'd best get behind ZUN and his army of Doujinsoft devs - they're gonna be the driving force that saves gaming from the Frogs of El Corporati.

FenricEdge
Feb 26, 2013, 02:51 AM
What are the challenges that you post to your team, Sky? I'm curious to know... and maybe attempt!

mommy_cornelia
Feb 26, 2013, 02:54 AM
Fought a level 60 level 3 infected burn draal yesterday. I had +1k hp, Burn draal One hit killed me several times when i was at max health...

yep :3

Skyly HUmar
Feb 26, 2013, 03:06 AM
@Hannibal - Use whatever. It's not how the challenge looks, but the fact that you pulled it off that counts. I honestly couldn't give two fucks over whether you had Oscar-worthy graphics or the shittiest 3D that would make Rise of the Robots weep in shame.

@Inazuma - There are rare cases, but I will say for the most part that what you say is true. However, I CAN definitely say that if one knows how to hide it, video games can be used to spread political propaganda (the new Devil May Cry attacking the shitty pop culture of America, and the new Metal Gear game attacking those greedy warmongering frogs in Congress and elsewhere - subtle references that nobody notices unless they actually look).

But yeah, we'd best get behind ZUN and his army of Doujinsoft devs - they're gonna be the driving force that saves gaming from the Frogs of El Corporati.

Alrighty, ill chose my friend's pc then since i prefer the quality (even though i dont like his controller lol) and astheatics are always fun, im going over his place on friday for pretty much the whole day, so ill get recording some then.

@black and fenric: PMd and PMd

Rien
Feb 26, 2013, 03:13 AM
So you think the game is easy.

What class do you play, OP?

Renvalt
Feb 26, 2013, 03:18 AM

I'm curious about that as well. Seems like he talks smack and withholds the essentials from us.

So, Emi Boy, you gonna come clean on that? Or are you going to continue to try and manipulate us into believing every word you say, just like those Westboro assholes?

Agitated_AT
Feb 26, 2013, 03:18 AM

Is this the part where you're going to point out that "game is too easy" flaw only counts for a couple of classes?

Rien
Feb 26, 2013, 03:34 AM
Is this the part where you're going to point out that "game is too easy" flaw only counts for a couple of classes?

I could tell you the game is too hard for an RA (trap user) subbing ice FO, but everyone would just point out that both trees are bad ideas to begin with.

Some people find playing a falz armor-set using melee glass cannon is easy. I'm not one of those people, but I still want to know how many are out there.

Skyly HUmar
Emi Boy posted earlier that hes a 45/30 HU/FI And i do not nor will I ever use the falz or hunar sets lol. I lack s def as it is.

エース
I myself like the 'easy' part of the game, makes the game relaxed and enjoyable while not having to waste too much time.

Renvalt
Feb 26, 2013, 03:43 AM
Emi Boy posted earlier that hes a 45/30 HU/FI And i do not nor will I ever use the falz or hunar sets lol. I lack s def as it is.

I personally would use the full Fen set. Or the Fan Set.

Mike
Feb 26, 2013, 03:44 AM
I grew up with 8 and 16 bit games. Back then, games were made for gamers.
Games were never made for "gamers." Games were and will continue to be made for one thing: $$$ The artificial difficulty you remember so fondly from games of your youth are relics of a time when people fed machines quarters to keep the game going.

Anyways, PSO2 has been pretty much par for the course since PSO. What's important is that it makes money and looking at what other players have been spending on the costume lottery and some of Sega's finacial reports, PSO2 is doing rather well. This insures that there will likely not be any changes in overall difficulty in the coming months.

Skyly HUmar
Feb 26, 2013, 03:57 AM
I personally would use the full Fen set. Or the Fan Set.

Same here, but im poor and unlucky so the ragne set is holding me over ;p. And i like the set bonus it gives.

Until there is a set that gives good s def and requires s def that has a similar or better set bonus and is not impossible to find (CMOOOOOOON CHROME SET!) ill be sticking to ragne. My tree is all glass though so till 60/60 i wont be able to use zan. Fen i think i can but like i said, poor and unlucky.

Im probably asking for too much there but cmon, range and mage have that so why not the class that actually needs it lol?

Agitated_AT
Feb 26, 2013, 04:24 AM
I could tell you the game is too hard for an RA (trap user) subbing ice FO, but everyone would just point out that both trees are bad ideas to begin with.

Some people find playing a falz armor-set using melee glass cannon is easy. I'm not one of those people, but I still want to know how many are out there.

Yeah I just thought it doesn't and shouldn't make the OT any less valid. The underpowered classes are a minority which is why they are considered underpowered instead of the other way around(the other classes being considered Overpowered).

However there have been desperate times, when i would still often play, where I tried to keep the game interesting by not using my skillpoints, subclasses, underequiping myself and really the only real challenges the game offers are the bosses. No enemy fodder will feel like a threat simply because of its AI. No matter how low your defense, how low your damage, as long you can avoid the very passive AI, there's nothing keeping you consistently alert unless its an accident 1 hit KO. This is bad because you wanna have a good game that keeps the player's attention. The biggest offenders are the difficulty modes, that serve only to stretch the gameplay so far. If you cant notice how you're doing the exact same thing as you did in previous modes, with bigger numbers being the only difference, then you are falling for the trick.

Difficulty modes in their essence were supposed to give the player a sense of satisfaction and give the player a sense of reward for his experience and the skills he has gained. This would make stuff more engaging and the drops more of a reward. Especially at harder difficulties where rare drops more regularly, the reward wouldn't just reward your patience for mindlessly running around, but also reward your skill for being able to handle it. The latter doesn't just feel better but it makes the former one less of a boring experience.

Games were never made for "gamers." Games were and will continue to be made for one thing: $$$ The artificial difficulty you remember so fondly from games of your youth are relics of a time when people fed machines quarters to keep the game going.

Anyways, PSO2 has been pretty much par for the course since PSO. What's important is that it makes money and looking at what other players have been spending on the costume lottery and some of Sega's finacial reports, PSO2 is doing rather well. This insures that there will likely not be any changes in overall difficulty in the coming months.
Why is it more important that the game makes money to you(the player) than that the game is actually fun?

I can assure you that not every gamedev makes their games with $$$ as number 1 priority, but with passion and sharing their(what they think) great idea with the rest. $$$ is the result of it.

A game made with money as priority usually lack heart, which PSO2 does kind of lack imo. Honestly I think it would be for the best if this game didnt get a western release because it it destined to fail. The animu apeal and emphasis on cosmetics is not gonna do it like it does for japanese, neither will the gameplay in the long run.

I myself like the 'easy' part of the game, makes the game relaxed and enjoyable while not having to waste too much time.

I respect this a lot more than the people in denial. And I can actually relate with it because there are certain types of genres I like for that same reason too.

Alisha
Feb 26, 2013, 05:55 AM
The game has an artificial difficulty scale. Harder modes aren't actually harder, they just have better stats, which is disappointing .
this. in pso enemies got faster and harder to flinch on higher difficulties wich is part of what made partisan useful over swords.

YOU LIAR.

[spoiler-box]http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/3734/pso20130223053650006.jpg[/spoiler-box]
i see 2 forces at least. call me wen you can pull that off with 4 hunters.

idk, have PS games ever been hard?

I've roflstomped pretty much every single one of them, except when I was new.
infinity had its moments. especially at low rebirth counts. both spiritos and dios were way more threatening then elder,and even falkis had the meteor.
for those PSU players who may have no clue what dios or spiritos are
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGhRksSzXPI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie9kQ5XXfm8

at one time Final Fantasy XI was fairly difficult especially the promivions

guys stop saying AQ's are challanging its just a normal quest with high lvl mobs. any competant party can handle it. Max 3/4 were hard Mai 4 was hard PSPo2 magashi plan was hard. AQ is not hard its just higher lvl monsters. PSO 2 currently has nothing like max 4. where nearly every monster was a large one and hence aoe techs wont clear the room,and the monsters had x2 attack.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 26, 2013, 05:59 AM
in pso enemies got faster and harder to flinch on higher difficulties wich is part of what made partisan useful over swords.

False

FALSE FALSE FALSE.

Yes they got faster, but they did not get more resistant to flinch. Flinch was dictated by damage dealt. It was a side effect of HP scaling, nothing more. if you had good equipment even in ult, you could flinch lock almost everything(exclusions being things that can't be flinched anyway).

PSO was an arms race, PSO2 is no different. Only difference now is skill plays a bigger role since movement isn't nearly as restricted. Also you clearly haven't been playing AQs enough or you'd know that the AI is much more aggressive and some boss patterns are completely different.

Alisha
Feb 26, 2013, 06:15 AM
oh wait i almost forgot shizuru could probally wipe an entire MPA

Alucadra
Feb 26, 2013, 06:55 AM
I don't think any of the Phantasy Star games have been legitimately hard. The only time I actually failed a mission was in PSU on those Moatoob counter missions where if a single party member dies you auto fail. In the end though Phantasy Star is a casual social game which has never provoked a single challenge at all other than a gigantic gear grind. Which is fine.

I don't think its actually possible to make the game harder anyways if they did there would be repercussions... let me elaborate.

If they gave mobs more HP it would simply make runs longer making the game a little boring.
If they increased the damage of mobs it would start a form of elitism where if a party member died once they would be kicked from parties or if they didn't meet a certain gear requirement. (Don't tell me this won't happen because I saw it happen in PSO and PSU)
If they added more advanced AI and maybe a bit of the above, where the player would be in danger all the time... The game would disincentive players to play because the reward for completing a single "hard" mission is not rewarding enough to justify the time spent and grievances in comparison to the missions we have now.

This is again attributed to the fact Phantasy Star is a gear grind where you run missions endlessly with friends to have fun and level together. Which again, is fine, so long as Sega keeps the updates coming with new gear and keeps the drop rates at acceptable levels where top end gear is indeed rare and not common. However I could see the game get a tad bit harder later on similar to PSU but nothing too overwhelming for your standard MMO player.

Sakarisei
Feb 26, 2013, 08:06 AM
False

FALSE FALSE FALSE.

Yes they got faster, but they did not get more resistant to flinch. Flinch was dictated by damage dealt. It was a side effect of HP scaling, nothing more. if you had good equipment even in ult, you could flinch lock almost everything(exclusions being things that can't be flinched anyway).

Ehhmm... sorry? Try Ultimate difficult from PSO ver 2 in Mines or Ruins. I can believe these words if you refer Blue Burst, but not Ver2. I've played PSOv2 since years and i really know about it...

Unless you really carry an elitist party (For example FOs with 28-30 Shifta, Deband, Jellen And Zalure lv, HUs with Imperial Picks or RAs with Frozen Shooter), forget about clearing these two scenarios or... much worse, TTF in SS Rank,which is nearly impossible, excepting for people who have played and (fortunately) obtained the best rares of the game...

PSO was an arms race, PSO2 is no different. Only difference now is skill plays a bigger role since movement isn't nearly as restricted. Also you clearly haven't been playing AQs enough or you'd know that the AI is much more aggressive and some boss patterns are completely different.

Yeah, i agree, but because the great lack of variety when we talk about items, excepting perhaps PSU and AOTI which i've seen much more than PSO or even PSO2...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About this topic, this game, unless you're playing AQs with Advance Risk +30 or much more, i think there's no difficult in this game. And my question is... why must we spend SP in Defensive and Support skills if only an OP glass cannon (Very often GU/RA) can clear every quest without help?

Isn't it PSO2 an online game? Or is it really an offline game, which is called Phantasy Star Offline 2?...

However, if we put difficult on the game, that can be the meaning of balancing classes because for example (Which is very hard...), if you're a FI/HU or a HU/FI, it can be very hard, comparing for the guy who prefers GU/RA because atm is OP, although FOs can deal much damage too, but not comparing with a RA with Weak Bullet and Sneak Point or a GU with Elder Rebellion at lv 11 or more...

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 26, 2013, 08:56 AM
snip

No offense, but some of your post was hard to understand after reading through it a few times I still didn't quite follow.

Anyway I didn't play much of v2 because at the time it was P2P and I didn't have a method paying at the time. I played the game offline for a few days and in my time, here's what I discovered:

enemy stats were through the roof. even with top end gear from v1 it was almost impossible to hit anything (as in "MISS" kept popping up) and damage was absurdly low. as soon as you got a red weapon though, things started to get much easier. Damage was good, staggering became possible again, and you didn't miss every other hit.

This means that stats were the problem again, just like starting normal forest at lvl 1. As soon as you got some better gear and gained some levels, the forest was easy.

SO

I ended up using a code breaker though to get a bunch of gear just to see what was in the game and by the time I had some good stuff and had gained a few levels to actually use it, the game was all easy mode. It just took longer for things to die which made it tedious.

GCN/XBOX (Ep 1&2) was even easier than v2. The hunt for good gear wasn't nearly as important so you could actually enjoy the game.

But that's all these games ever were. Learn the enemy patterns, and you can practically live forever. Get better gear, things die fast. Gain some levels, you don't take notable damage when you make a mistake. The games were always easy and anyone who remembers them as hard either didn't play enough or is suffering from severe nostalgia goggles.

Sakarisei
Feb 26, 2013, 09:19 AM
But you can't clear ultimate difficult with top end gear from v1 because the mobs are supposedly "designed" for being killed with top end gear v2, if you're very lucky of course.

Offline mode can be cleared with these luck (Which is very rare...). Online mode is a very different situation... even you're equipped with Yamigarasu, Sacred Cloth, a celled Mag (Which is very, very, VERY rare too) and increased your stats via materials, soloing online mode being a HU is nearly impossible.

With a full and elitist party is really possible, but nothing easy. I think the goal of SEGA was making a true challenge for us. However, i know about most old friends who have tried it and then explained me... *instead of a challenge, there is the hell!!*

But why? Because in v2 you had needed clear about lv 170 or more, which you can receive much better stats, incluiding the possibility of hitting enemies if you had got a FO with high support techs (About lv 27-30). Of course, Ultimate difficult was nerfed in PSO GC and BB because this reason, although Olga Flow was the hardest boss in GC, but not in BB.

TaigaUC
Feb 26, 2013, 09:23 AM
Didn't read the entire thread, but I don't like difficulty scaling that's just "things hit harder". I like scaling where the player is introduced to more challenges (ie. the enemy has many new attacks) and that the player must adapt to and master how to deal with each one. Kind of like fighting games, basically. In regards to variation, spawning large amounts of different enemies can work, depending on how the game is designed for players/enemies to act/react.

I think games that focus too heavily on simply attacking and dodging get boring pretty quickly. Fighting games are more about the variety of both unique attacks and unique defensive abilities, and how to use and react to each one in many different situations. I prefer more "technical" games like that, instead of "oh I made one tiny mistake and got hit once, dead" (although fighting game AI tends to be guilty of magical damage scaling). Problem is, games like that tend to get very complex, as well as relying heavily on memory... but if those kinds of mechanics were introduced via scaling difficulty, people likely wouldn't have as much trouble with them.

A friend who I recently got to come back to PSO2 (after only playing it briefly before) was disappointed when he finally unlocked Hard mode. He expected bosses to have new attacks.

Ce'Nedra
Feb 26, 2013, 09:25 AM
I'd say wait for Ultimate. On PSO1 the gap between VH and Ultimate was very very huge, monsters got faster, new attack, change of elemental weakness etcetc.

I'm waiting for PSO2 to go that route and I hope they will...I really do hope, I don't ask for complete new skins like PSO1 does on Ultimate but I sure hope for the other changes.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 26, 2013, 09:36 AM
But you can't clear ultimate difficult with top end gear from v1 because the mobs are supposedly "designed" for being killed with top end gear v2, if you're very lucky of course.

Offline mode can be cleared with these luck (Which is very rare...). Online mode is a very different situation... even you're equipped with Yamigarasu, Sacred Cloth, a celled Mag (Which is very, very, VERY rare too) and increased your stats via materials, soloing online mode being a HU is nearly impossible.

With a full and elitist party is really possible, but nothing easy. I think the goal of SEGA was making a true challenge for us. However, i know about most old friends who have tried it and then explained me... *instead of a challenge, there is the hell!!*

But why? Because in v2 you had needed clear about lv 170 or more, which you can receive much better stats, incluiding the possibility of hitting enemies if you had got a FO with high support techs (About lv 27-30). Of course, Ultimate difficult was nerfed in PSO GC and BB because this reason, although Olga Flow was the hardest boss in GC, but not in BB.

All that did though was render the game into a grind for better equipment and higher stats. otherwise the game wasn't hard, just either tedious or impossible because of grana sorcerers one-shotting you with grants from 300 feet away. That's not a difficulty spike, that's a barrier. "Go farm better gear and equipment then come back". This follows exactly what I said in my last posts:

New gear + levels = stats. Stats are all you need to remove all difficulty from PSO. PSO2's only difference here is the movement range is much greater, which means we dont have to stand still and take the hits as readily as we did in PSO. So the action is better, that's all.

I'd say wait for Ultimate. On PSO1 the gap between VH and Ultimate was very very huge, monsters got faster, new attack, change of elemental weakness etcetc.

I'm waiting for PSO2 to go that route and I hope they will...I really do hope, I don't ask for complete new skins like PSO1 does on Ultimate but I sure hope for the other changes.

PSOv2 Ult was a huge change, but still a stat change + a bit of speed. Ep 1&2 was a snooze fest.

Didn't read the entire thread, but I don't like difficulty scaling that's just "things hit harder". I like scaling where the player is introduced to more challenges (ie. the enemy has many new attacks) and that the player must adapt to and master how to deal with each one. Kind of like fighting games, basically. In regards to variation, spawning large amounts of different enemies can work, depending on how the game is designed for players/enemies to act/react.

I think games that focus too heavily on simply attacking and dodging get boring pretty quickly. Fighting games are more about the variety of both unique attacks and unique defensive abilities, and how to use and react to each one in many different situations. I prefer more "technical" games like that, instead of "oh I made one tiny mistake and got hit once, dead" (although fighting game AI tends to be guilty of magical damage scaling). Problem is, games like that tend to get very complex, as well as relying heavily on memory... but if those kinds of mechanics were introduced via scaling difficulty, people likely wouldn't have as much trouble with them.

A friend who I recently got to come back to PSO2 (after only playing it briefly before) was disappointed when he finally unlocked Hard mode. He expected bosses to have new attacks.

um...why?

Agitated_AT
Feb 26, 2013, 09:44 AM
I guess he has standards?

Personally I think the bosses are fine. Its the enemy fodders that I have problems with.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 26, 2013, 09:53 AM
For starters, bosses never got new attacks in any other PSO title on higher difficulties. Second, bosses become increasingly more aggressive on higher difficulties. While a normal banther will practically stand still and let you wail on him, by the time you reach AQs, they dont stop moving and their patterns change. Accordion dragons on normal dont technically have a rage mode, none of their rage attacks are ever used(this is a recent change). in AQs they effectively start in and never leave rage mode. Their attacks are also more varies as a result. There are way more examples than that, but I'll stop there.

Standards my eye.

Agitated_AT
Feb 26, 2013, 10:12 AM
Well I'm certain u would think it's pretty neat if the bosses did have new attacks or am I wrong in thinking that?

Comparing it to older games in the series shouldn't always the excuse for innovation ya know. I guess his standards are simply different, for him all the right and reason to stay away from this game and play others I would say.

That said I am fine with it myself. Bosses are a challenge enough from normal so higher stats between difficulty works fine to me.

That's btw why i always thought PSO1's difficulty was fine. It was fine from the beginning because enemies were agressive from the start. Higher stats between the difficulties worked for that reason. The speeding up from very hard was a simple but good variation.

Ultimate was cheap.

Ezodagrom
Feb 26, 2013, 10:42 AM
About the difficulty of PSO2, most normal enemies are either way too passive, or too much affected by flinching, but, enemies in PSO1 weren't that great either (although I miss the speed bump that enemies got in each difficulty).
Let's not forget that the movement of players in PSO1 was alot more restricted, plus there was the accuracy/evasion stats (fake difficulty) that randomly made attacks miss.
In PSO2 we have alot more freedom to move, we even have dodging skills, which makes it alot easier for us to avoid enemies attacks.

If we had the freedom of movement that we have now in PSO1, I think it would be just as easy as PSO2, if not easier. If we were as restricted in PSO2 as we were in PSO1 and if we had accuracy/evasion stats, there are enemies in PSO2 that would be alot more dangerous than enemies in PSO1.

While saying this, I believe that enemies either need a small boost to their speed or aggressiveness, need more effective attacks (alot of enemies have attacks with really slow animations), or need some sort of flinch resistance in hard and very hard.

For starters, bosses never got new attacks in any other PSO title on higher difficulties.
That is not correct. Other than the PSO Episode 1 ultimate bosses (which all either had new attacks or changes to some of their existing attacks), there are a few bosses in PSO that had new attacks in higher difficulties, like Gol Dragon splitting into 3 instead of 2 in Ultimate, or for Gal Gryphon, he had a new attack in...I think VHard, where lightning dropped from the sky as he landed, if I'm not mistaken.

Renvalt
Feb 26, 2013, 10:49 AM
For starters, bosses never got new attacks in any other PSO title on higher difficulties. Second, bosses become increasingly more aggressive on higher difficulties. While a normal banther will practically stand still and let you wail on him, by the time you reach AQs, they dont stop moving and their patterns change. Accordion dragons on normal dont technically have a rage mode, none of their rage attacks are ever used(this is a recent change). in AQs they effectively start in and never leave rage mode. Their attacks are also more varies as a result. There are way more examples than that, but I'll stop there.

Standards my eye.

Accordion Dragons? I forget, which ones are these?

Because Vol Dragon has a Rage Mode that he USED to trigger after a certain amount of time in Level 3 Encasing - the first of which is a Flame Geyser rampage (I call it "Hellfire Storm" for simplicity). If you fail to break his armor for a certain amount of time after this point (usually about 2~3 minutes in), he'll dive underground a fourth time, after which his next action is almost ALWAYS his Supernova attack (Burning Sun which is almost always insta-kill).

The recent patch changed this. This is the newer pattern from what I have seen:

<On Normal>

-It takes him a bit to go from Level 1 (Basic black and red) to Level 2 (Partial Gold)
-As he gets weaker, he'll transition from Level 1 to Level 2 quicker
-He takes a LOT longer to go from Level 2 to Level 3 (assuming you let him).
-His "Twin Hellfire" attack (flame geyser x2) is only used if he gets to Level 3.
-He will NEVER use his Level 4 attacks, "Hellfire Storm" or the deadlier "Supernova"

<On Hard>

-The transition from Level 1 to Level 2 is a bit shorter, and he does it more often
-He'll start taking about the same time it took on Level 1>Level 2 to go from Level 2>Level 3
-He still will not use "Hellfire Storm" or "Supernova"
-At 50% health (Vol Dragon is getting weaker!), when he recovers he'll skip his normal routine and level up straight to 3 (skipping Level 2 altogether)

I am guessing that on Very Hard, the nerfs do not apply to him, and he is now able to use his "Hellfire Storm" at Level 3, and "Supernova" at Level 4.

Also, from what I have noticed (not sure if this has always been the case), Rockbear on Normal and Hard can have their ultimate "Bear Hug" throw attack shaken out of (in fact, it's easier on Normal from what I've seen). Not sure if this is possible on VH - needs testing.

I haven't seen the Snow Cats yet to notice any changes to them, but I'll test when I get a chance.

kkow
Feb 26, 2013, 11:28 AM
Let's not forget that the movement of players in PSO1 was alot more restricted, plus there was the accuracy/evasion stats (fake difficulty) that randomly made attacks miss.
In PSO2 we have alot more freedom to move, we even have dodging skills, which makes it alot easier for us to avoid enemies attacks.

I've seen this type of comment before. I don't have much experience in previous PS games, so can someone explain this to me? Couldn't shoot+move? No dodge? I've only played psp2, but the areas were open enough, and the dodge mechanic worked exactly the same as pso2. Despite that, I could still die easily to trash mobs 15-30 lvls under me. A part of it did have to do with my race/class, but still, certain mob combos/mini bosses just wrecked me solo no matter what.

And yes, I believe I do have the right to compare pso2 to their previous installments or to other action rpgs such as the monster hunter and falcom series. That's the standards after all. Despite the high skill ceilings, these games were still easy enough to be played by casuals, and yet still offered game depth. I shouldn't have to put in hundreds of hours to finally see any form of difficulty. Additionally, I shouldn't have to put myself through a solo or no hit challenge to pad a game's illusionary challenge. Casual or not, pso2 is too easy.

Dnd
Feb 26, 2013, 11:36 AM
I am guessing that on Very Hard, the nerfs do not apply to him, and he is now able to use his "Hellfire Storm" at Level 3, and "Supernova" at Level 4.

On AQ's in very hard, his pattern is the same for level one and level two armour, but even from the outset he dives underground very quickly (Almost instant for lv1-lv2) in addition his "Supernova" is usable in lv3 armour level, both in and out of AQ's in very hard (and it hits like a truck - I unequipped my armour units and a 3x boosted lv60 burn draal hit me for 2,137 with it :D).

The banther in AQ's gets more moves to his combos, even when hes just spawned he does 4 hit combos. with a total of up to 6 hits that I've seen, jumping around swiping and generally sticking to you like a bad rash, you get very little time to recover and actually attack. His charge/dash/swiping attack he does at low HP is now done 8 times with little to no gap in-between the hits, even with the paw pads broken (I was able to JG all of them, but afew hits came in so fast I still had immunity frames from the previous just guard).

Its also interesting to note, since the last update the change to the big vardhas attacks. For example, pre-patch he only ever attacked with one arm at a time and took a big 'charge-up' time - Now it comes in quicker and attacks with both arms in quick succession in very hard.

Alucadra
Feb 26, 2013, 11:41 AM
Casual or not, pso2 is too easy.
I hate to break it to you but if you're playing PSO2 for a challenge you're playing the wrong game. Either way you can't really judge a games difficulty when the level cap is only what 55-60? Phantasy Star games have had a cap all the way upwards to 200 so I wouldn't be surprised if the game got harder later on it still has plenty to go. Even then Phantasy Star games have never been about challenging gameplay I really don't understand what people expect Sega to do... To my knowledge the game is still fairly difficult but its not demon souls hard nor should you ever expect it to be.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 26, 2013, 11:43 AM
Well I'm certain u would think it's pretty neat if the bosses did have new attacks or am I wrong in thinking that?

Comparing it to older games in the series shouldn't always the excuse for innovation ya know. I guess his standards are simply different, for him all the right and reason to stay away from this game and play others I would say.

That said I am fine with it myself. Bosses are a challenge enough from normal so higher stats between difficulty works fine to me.

That's btw why i always thought PSO1's difficulty was fine. It was fine from the beginning because enemies were agressive from the start. Higher stats between the difficulties worked for that reason. The speeding up from very hard was a simple but good variation.

Ultimate was cheap.

Actually my point was that whoever expected new attacks on higher difficulties had to have a point of reference to assume this and it certainly wasn't previous PSO games.

Accordion Dragons? I forget, which ones are these?

Because Vol Dragon has a Rage Mode that he USED to trigger after a certain amount of time in Level 3 Encasing - the first of which is a Flame Geyser rampage (I call it "Hellfire Storm" for simplicity). If you fail to break his armor for a certain amount of time after this point (usually about 2~3 minutes in), he'll dive underground a fourth time, after which his next action is almost ALWAYS his Supernova attack (Burning Sun which is almost always insta-kill).

The recent patch changed this. This is the newer pattern from what I have seen:

<On Normal>

-It takes him a bit to go from Level 1 (Basic black and red) to Level 2 (Partial Gold)
-As he gets weaker, he'll transition from Level 1 to Level 2 quicker
-He takes a LOT longer to go from Level 2 to Level 3 (assuming you let him).
-His "Twin Hellfire" attack (flame geyser x2) is only used if he gets to Level 3.
-He will NEVER use his Level 4 attacks, "Hellfire Storm" or the deadlier "Supernova"

<On Hard>

-The transition from Level 1 to Level 2 is a bit shorter, and he does it more often
-He'll start taking about the same time it took on Level 1>Level 2 to go from Level 2>Level 3
-He still will not use "Hellfire Storm" or "Supernova"
-At 50% health (Vol Dragon is getting weaker!), when he recovers he'll skip his normal routine and level up straight to 3 (skipping Level 2 altogether)

Also, from what I have noticed (not sure if this has always been the case), Rockbear on Normal and Hard can have their ultimate "Bear Hug" throw attack shaken out of (in fact, it's easier on Normal from what I've seen). Not sure if this is possible on VH - needs testing.

I haven't seen the Snow Cats yet to notice any changes to them, but I'll test when I get a chance.

Caterdra'ns. My friend and I call them "kinda dragons" or "kindas" for short.

And yes the recent patches shifted "normal" mode down a notch so lots of the big attacks from bosses don't exist in normal and on hard, they're not done very often.

In AQs though their patterns are adjusted so that their most devastating attacks are much more common and for some bosses, they don't even have to wait to be raged in order to do them, they're just interspersed with the other attacks.

Ezodagrom
Feb 26, 2013, 11:44 AM
I've seen this type of comment before. I don't have much experience in previous PS games, so can someone explain this to me? Couldn't shoot+move? No dodge? I've only played psp2, but the areas were open enough, and the dodge mechanic worked exactly the same as pso2. Despite that, I could still die easily to trash mobs 15-30 lvls under me. A part of it did have to do with my race/class, but still, certain mob combos/mini bosses just wrecked me solo no matter what.
Before PSPo2, only PSZero had a dodge feature, other games in the series did not. And no, in PSO1 we couldn't shoot+move.
Also, the dodge mechanic in PSPo2 didn't work exactly the same as PSO2. In PSPo2 it used PP, so it was alot more limited, plus it was similar only to the ranger's dodge in PSO2, hunter's and force's dodge skills are different.

Renvalt
Feb 26, 2013, 11:46 AM
On AQ's in very hard, his pattern is the same for level one and level two armour, but even from the outset he dives underground very quickly (Almost instant for lv1-lv2) in addition his "Supernova" is usable in lv3 armour level, both in and out of AQ's in very hard (and it hits like a truck - I unequipped my armour units and a 3x boosted lv60 burn draal hit me for 2,137 with it :D).

The banther in AQ's gets more moves to his combos, even when hes just spawned he does 4 hit combos. with a total of up to 6 hits that I've seen, jumping around swiping and generally sticking to you like a bad rash, you get very little time to recover and actually attack. His charge/dash/swiping attack he does at low HP is now done 8 times with little to no gap in-between the hits, even with the paw pads broken (I was able to JG all of them, but afew hits came in so fast I still had immunity frames from the previous just guard).

Its also interesting to note, since the last update the change to the big vardhas attacks. For example, pre-patch he only ever attacked with one arm at a time and took a big 'charge-up' time - Now it comes in quicker and attacks with both arms in quick succession

I wanna expand on this, post-patch Normal Snow Cats did INDEED get nerfed. Here's what I saw:

<Banshee AKA "Small Cat" Nerfs>

-He uses "Frost Breath" (Ice Breath) and "Howling Pulse" (KB Roar) less.
-He is a lot more lenient on the amount of time you have to close the distance before he uses his lunge attack
-You won't have to deal with the Banther (AKA "Big Cat") at the same time you're dealing with him.

<Banther AKA "Big Cat" Nerfs>

-His "Triple Slash" combo has been modified so it is now a "Double Slash" (meaning the third surprise hit has been removed from the combo)
-He gets a new, more telegraph-able "Swipe Set" attack.
-Like with Banshee, he uses "Frost Breath" and "Howling Pulse" less - in addition, they are both more likely to use the former over the latter (and it comes out slower as well)
-He does lunge slightly less, and has the same lenience nerf that Banshee got.

I know Gwana got no real big nerfs, but then again Gwana wasn't a serious threat to begin with (at least not if you take him on alone - dual Gwanas was ALWAYS a pain).

For Caterdran, I haven't checked what they did to him in detail - I'll have to check again later after work.

EDIT - Sociable, I just noticed your ninja post. Curse me.

Anyways, I call Caterdrans "Single Towers" since he reminds me of this guy a bit:

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081230141405/houseofthedead/images/thumb/2/29/Tower.jpg/250px-Tower.jpg

Shadowth117
Feb 26, 2013, 11:47 AM

And yes, I believe I do have the right to compare pso2 to their previous installments or to other action rpgs such as the monster hunter and falcom series. That's the standards after all. Despite the high skill ceilings, these games were still easy enough to be played by casuals, and yet still offered game depth. I shouldn't have to put in hundreds of hours to finally see any form of difficulty. Additionally, I shouldn't have to put myself through a solo or no hit challenge to pad a game's illusionary challenge. Casual or not, pso2 is too easy.

PSP2 was the first PS game to allow for controlled evasion. Other games had evasion as a stat(I believe PSP2 did as well), but PSP2 was the first one where you could actually dodge and block at your choosing. The team from PSP2 worked on PSO2 which is probably why we see it in this game. But yeah, all other PS games prior to this, including PSU, did not have a dodge OR block mechanic you could make use of which made them play very differently.

PSO2 for the most part is very, very easy. Too easy in areas for sure. Of course, that's me looking at it from my perspective as a pretty decent gamer. But you have to remember they want to draw people in and them being able to actually do something and not have their ass kicked helps. Should there be more high level content that *can* mess you up? Yeah, definitely. But there's not right now. AQ's seem to be showing they're willing to turn it up a notch for the next batch of enemy levels, but its hard to say if it'll get more difficult from there. As many people have pointed out though, PSO had a massive change between Very Hard and Ultimate so its very possible we could see another akin to this.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 26, 2013, 11:51 AM
Normal Caterdr'an:

He doesn't do any of the attacks he gets in rage mode. No triple smash, no triple lunge and no swinging attack (the one where he cracks his body around like a whip and stuns anyone who gets hit). They're all gone in normal so he's beyond a pushover.

Cyclon
Feb 26, 2013, 11:56 AM
PSP2 was the first PS game to allow for controlled evasion. Other games had evasion as a stat(I believe PSP2 did as well), but PSP2 was the first one where you could actually dodge and block at your choosing. The team from PSP2 worked on PSO2 which is probably why we see it in this game. But yeah, all other PS games prior to this, including PSU, did not have a dodge OR block mechanic you could make use of which made them play very differently.

PSO2 for the most part is very, very easy. Too easy in areas for sure. Of course, that's me looking at it from my perspective as a pretty decent gamer. But you have to remember they want to draw people in and them being able to actually do something and not have their ass kicked helps. Should there be more high level content that *can* mess you up? Yeah, definitely. But there's not right now. AQ's seem to be showing they're willing to turn it up a notch for the next batch of enemy levels, but its hard to say if it'll get more difficult from there. As many people have pointed out though, PSO had a massive change between Very Hard and Ultimate so its very possible we could see another akin to this.
You could evade and, well, block as well I believe(only with a shield though)in PSZero. Didn't that one come out first?

Edit: Didn't see Ezodagrom's post. Scrap that.

Shadowth117
Feb 26, 2013, 12:42 PM
You could evade and, well, block as well I believe(only with a shield though)in PSZero. Didn't that one come out first?

Edit: Didn't see Ezodagrom's post. Scrap that.

Yeah... I didn't see that either actually. I hadn't played PSZero and didn't realize that came out first.

TheDeFiler
Feb 26, 2013, 02:49 PM
Well Emizel you have another post taking shots at the game already and here it is:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204914

If you have such a problem with the game then why are you playing it? If this game was catered to the casual gamer then we could be able to hit max level in about half the time and without having to do client orders. You are honestly borderline trolling the game basted on your claims alone. I mean your last thread about the graphics is just ridiculous. The screen shots alone prove you wrong and yet you still fail to see that. The same goes here. The game can be easy but doesn't mean it's a complete cake walk.
Plus once I'm sure Ultimate eventually gets released the challenge will definitely go up. Look at the original PSO (Dreamcast version). Normal through V.Hard and even Ult. forest and caves was a joke once you got the good gear and built your mag accordingly. But once you got to the mines and ruins you got your ass legit handed to you. If you're just going to make topics that nit pick this game making outrageous claims then do us a favor and leave. I can pretty much speak for us all in saying that this game is awesome and we don't need the negativity you bring here into PSO2.

Good day sir.

NoiseHERO
Feb 26, 2013, 02:55 PM
Post in troll thread.

Stop while you can still get out brah!

TheDeFiler
Feb 26, 2013, 03:00 PM
Stop while you can still get out brah!

I did not post that exact statement.

Lumpen Thingy
Feb 26, 2013, 03:13 PM
Well Emizel you have another post taking shots at the game already and here it is:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204914

If you have such a problem with the game then why are you playing it? If this game was catered to the casual gamer then we could be able to hit max level in about half the time and without having to do client orders. You are honestly borderline trolling the game basted on your claims alone. I mean your last thread about the graphics is just ridiculous. The screen shots alone prove you wrong and yet you still fail to see that. The same goes here. The game can be easy but doesn't mean it's a complete cake walk.
Plus once I'm sure Ultimate eventually gets released the challenge will definitely go up. Look at the original PSO (Dreamcast version). Normal through V.Hard and even Ult. forest and caves was a joke once you got the good gear and built your mag accordingly. But once you got to the mines and ruins you got your ass legit handed to you. If you're just going to make topics that nit pick this game making outrageous claims then do us a favor and leave. I can pretty much speak for us all in saying that this game is awesome and we don't need the negativity you bring here into PSO2.

Good day sir.

funny I pretty much tell this to any idiot that hates this game over the other PS games lol

Skyly HUmar
Feb 26, 2013, 03:14 PM
OK renvalt, i talked to my buddy about it, and he sais that we can do every boss on friday, and he wants to make it one big video. Ill post it once its all done.

Railkune
Feb 26, 2013, 03:22 PM
That is going to be amazing. After watching your Cats video I question the usage of Over End. I legit never did that 'charge' thing with the Hunter skills. No wonder they seemed so useless. ._.

NoiseHERO
Feb 26, 2013, 03:27 PM
I did not post that exact statement.

It's not what you said it's what you did.

This is a thread used to rustle your jimmies.

You said yourself he already made a similar thread. So yeah you basically just gave him what he wanted.

I actually applaud OP but, you look like a nice guy, so I'm dragging you out of this mine field.

Skyly HUmar
Feb 26, 2013, 03:56 PM
That is going to be amazing. After watching your Cats video I question the usage of Over End. I legit never did that 'charge' thing with the Hunter skills. No wonder they seemed so useless. ._.

I usually use over end alot, i was just playing it safe there since sometimes i slip and get a faceful of roar. Ill use it against a few of the other bosses though.

Z-0
Feb 26, 2013, 03:59 PM
Over End is like the best way for a HU to kill the kittiez, though. You will have to eat roars, but the hyper armour lets you just keep going and going (use Wise Stance). They'll die in roughly 1:30 if you get them fast enough, as every Over End will break parts, thus keeping them stunned.

Skyly HUmar
Feb 26, 2013, 04:06 PM
Over End is like the best way for a HU to kill the kittiez, though. You will have to eat roars, but the hyper armour lets you just keep going and going (use Wise Stance). They'll die in roughly 1:30 if you get them fast enough, as every Over End will break parts, thus keeping them stunned.

Theres a certain distance where you dont eat the roar actually.

Cyron Tanryoku
Feb 26, 2013, 04:24 PM
All games are too easy

MetalDude
Feb 26, 2013, 04:45 PM
I Just Guard the roar although Wise Stance positioning plus Over End's range should put you more than out of range if you're attacking all the way from the back.

Gardios
Feb 26, 2013, 04:50 PM
All games are too easy

but

battletoads

Renvalt
Feb 26, 2013, 06:15 PM
OK renvalt, i talked to my buddy about it, and he sais that we can do every boss on friday, and he wants to make it one big video. Ill post it once its all done.

Lookin' forward to it~

Blackheart521
Feb 26, 2013, 06:52 PM

Gonna have to do Chrome Dragon then since it'll be out by then haha ^^;

Skyly HUmar
Feb 26, 2013, 07:13 PM
Gonna have to do Chrome Dragon then since it'll be out by then haha ^^;

If it has its own area and im able to face it as a boss ill throw it in the vid too after some practice ;p.

Ezodagrom
Feb 26, 2013, 07:15 PM
If it has its own area and im able to face it as a boss ill throw it in the vid too after some practice ;p.
Most likely it will end up having its own boss arena, but for now it'll be just a random emergency code boss. ^^;

Skyly HUmar
Feb 26, 2013, 08:32 PM
Most likely it will end up having its own boss arena, but for now it'll be just a random emergency code boss. ^^;

Im not gonna do tose just cuz i cant walk down forest and fight them X.x. Im just doing everything thats in arks quests and free feilds. Maybe ragne as well.

Alisha
Feb 27, 2013, 12:16 AM
i would welcome a return to ultimate style difficulty if it meant S/D becoming relevant...however they would need to restrict 16+ S/D to techer only.

gigawuts
Feb 27, 2013, 12:17 AM
i would welcome a return to ultimate style difficulty if it meant S/D becoming relevant...however they would need to restrict 16+ S/D to techer only.

S&D/J&Z were relevant in PSO1 because of the damage formula. A J&Z + Z&D could take your damage up by more than tenfold, and reduce damage taken from guaranteed OHKO's death to surviving a crit.

(This was obviously when you were underleveled, and became less enormously important in the same area as you gained levels...still good, just not remotely as good as when underleveled)

Alisha
Feb 27, 2013, 01:11 AM
i wasnt overly concerned with numbers back then as i am now but im curious just what the percentages on s/d j/z were. i know in PSPo2 shifta was actually weaker than deband but at least on infinity every 100 points of base tech increased the % by 1 so a full rebirthed char could gain as much as a 10% boost. effectiely making suv s/d useless. actually thinking back S/D received a massive duration boost in infinity wtf happend with going backwards in PSO2? well maybe there will be a large leap in effectiveness at 16+ or god forbid we have to wait till 21+

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 27, 2013, 01:30 AM
S&D/J&Z were relevant in PSO1 because of the damage formula. A J&Z + Z&D could take your damage up by more than tenfold, and reduce damage taken from guaranteed OHKO's death to surviving a crit.

(This was obviously when you were underleveled, and became less enormously important in the same area as you gained levels...still good, just not remotely as good as when underleveled)

Not to mention that when damage received got to be low enough evasion rate went up. It was easy to go from taking 200-300 damage a hit to blocking everything a swarm of enemies threw at you.

PB S/D was ridiculous.

But yeah really, S/D was only really good when you were underleveled. it became less and less needed as your own stats and equipment improved.

gigawuts
Feb 27, 2013, 01:32 AM
Well, due to the smaller gap between the player's ATP stat and the enemy's DFP stat, even a small gain in ATP from shifta could mean going from papercuts to something more closely resembling a threat. You could go from 0-1 damage hits to much more than that thanks to shifta, for instance.

Anyway, the stats for gamecube are here: http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=677

I swear there used to be a damage calculator buried somewhere in the guides here on PSOW, but I can't seem to find it in a few minutes of searching. A quick googling turned this up, though: http://www.freewebs.com/azurepso/psostatistics.htm

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 27, 2013, 02:37 AM
mm...what I mean is my HUcaseal eventually was able to kill just about anything in two combos and had enough dfp and evp to walk through seabed on ult.

MetalDude
Feb 27, 2013, 03:22 AM
Solo enemy stats in PSO are generally not too hard to deal with, even if EVP is still useless (something like a 25% chance on average to EVP block when EVP-capped on a HUcaseal with the highest EVP-boosting frame and barrier).

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 27, 2013, 05:35 AM
I was talking about soloing online which was completely different from soloing offline. sorry for not clarifying.

Zalana
Feb 27, 2013, 05:59 AM
Too bad all those factors didn't help much for a Fonewearl in DCv2 Ultimate mode. :-(