PDA

View Full Version : So, I want to be a fighter. (is PSO this shallow?)

RyanDanger
Feb 25, 2013, 09:12 PM
After playing PSO2 for 2 days, it seems like the break down is this simple:

Start out as a FO.
Why? Because when you're a FO you don't care.
Once the game merrily throws 20 levels at you in roughly 1-2 hours, sub Hunter.
Why? Because you can.
YOU'VE GOT THE SWORD NOW!
***Put a pizza in the oven
Spend less than an hour having the game throw 12+ levels at your new found friend.
Get on the tip of the iceberg of sword gear and grab some S-Def up because you're afraid of the world.

Congratulations, your already OP character is even better now because you gave it a minute.
***Take a break and eat your now done pizza.
**Maybe go for a walk. Clear your mind. Focus your chi.

Be FO again and sub HU.
Get to level 34-36 because you want all that Tech Charge, I know it.
Change over to TE and sub FO because you can't give it up.
Get PP restorate as soon as you can.
If you're having fun not having a sword, max deband cut because why not?

Now that you rule always because you have PP restorate, go back to your HU.
It's a grim day that you can't just spell blast, but you're on a mission here!
+ YOU GOT THE SWORD AGAIN!

Level this guy up to 30.
Make sure to pick up sword gear and just guard right away because it'll making living the life of someone who doesn't push A and wins a lot nicer.
Then max out JA Bonus.
Get 3 in fury because whatever.

Congratulations, you're now a Fighter.
Sub techer.
Get your Brave/Wise on, congratulations
***Now shave and get yourself a beer; you're brilliant.

EDIT: If you're twelve, don't shave and don't drink beer. It's koolaid time.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 25, 2013, 09:38 PM
o_o what?

Coatl
Feb 25, 2013, 10:34 PM
Hi I am 12 what is this

UnLucky
Feb 26, 2013, 12:28 PM
is this a reference to something?

Coatl
Feb 26, 2013, 01:49 PM
http://www.reclusiveleftist.com/2009/07/18/shave-and-get-drunk-because-youre-already-brilliant/

"Now shave and get yourself a beer; you're brilliant"
Well I found what that one line was a reference to.

UnLucky
Feb 26, 2013, 01:58 PM
oh right I remember that

RyanDanger
Feb 26, 2013, 03:02 PM
I wanted to be fighter, so I was a HU on my first character and it was rough.
I read up on FO's, so I made a new character and basically went the route above.
FO's can shave and get drunk while, Hunters have to sort themselves out

Lumpen Thingy
Feb 26, 2013, 03:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-uVKrm_iVg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-uVKrm_iVg

Coatl
Feb 26, 2013, 03:44 PM
I wanted to be fighter, so I was a HU on my first character and it was rough.
I read up on FO's, so I made a new character and basically went the route above.
FO's can shave and get drunk while, Hunters have to sort themselves out

Oh I get it now.
So Hunters are like the feminists of PSO2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-uVKrm_iVg

My thoughts exactly.

Arrow
Mar 3, 2013, 05:12 PM
waitamin.
20 lvls in 2hrs? for FO?
then then hit lvl 30ish on HU in the same amount of time it takes to make pizza (from scratch I presume)?

ok so i've been playing for 19:14:38 (i presume again that's in hr:min:sec format so...)
and I'm only lvl 14 HU.

So I guess I'm doing something horribly wrong

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 3, 2013, 05:49 PM
definitely doing something wrong if you're only lvl 14 after 20 hours. 2 hours is a bit off though. 6 hours for damn sure.

Arrow
Mar 3, 2013, 06:54 PM
I'm going to blame the 10 lvls I got out of that one valentines day event thing...probably threw me off in that regard cause I've just started the caves...

OmegaWarrior
Mar 7, 2013, 09:25 PM
I've been lurking for a while but I just registered because I was also confused by this post.

After being away from the game for a while, I restarted again last friday with a new Human Force. After 15 or so hours, I'm only at Lv 16 and I'm wondering if this is because I'm rather new and I don't know which quests to do, or if it's because I'm soloing, or if it's simply that I got stuck at Subdue the Caterdan for a few hours and now I'm stuck at the Vol Dragon.

Any thoughts/advice?

Link1275
Mar 7, 2013, 09:29 PM
I've been lurking for a while but I just registered because I was also confused by this post.

After being away from the game for a while, I restarted again last friday with a new Human Force. After 15 or so hours, I'm only at Lv 16 and I'm wondering if this is because I'm rather new and I don't know which quests to do, or if it's because I'm soloing, or if it's simply that I got stuck at Subdue the Caterdan for a few hours and now I'm stuck at the Vol Dragon.

Any thoughts/advice?
The person who posted this thread was exaggerating/off his meds/cheating/or just plain outright saying that the game is too easy.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 7, 2013, 10:12 PM
you do get stupid EXP off of Koffie's COs though. 12.5k a pop and if you know what you're doing getting to 20 with a brand new character in less than a day is not at all unreasonable.

Link1275
Mar 7, 2013, 10:48 PM
you do get stupid EXP off of Koffie's COs though. 12.5k a pop and if you know what you're doing getting to 20 with a brand new character in less than a day is not at all unreasonable.
20 in under day isn't unreasonable at all, some of Koffie's COs give 15k actually. However 20 in one to two hours? That's some serious grinding, with boosters. You're also going to have a harder time finding MPAs at that level, depending on your ship(Ship 8 is terrible here especially, but once you get up...).

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 8, 2013, 12:37 AM
oh he's full of shit on that one, no doubt

RyanDanger
Mar 9, 2013, 01:38 AM
This is mostly a joke/exaggerated.
My first 2 days lead me to the conclusion that a) Forces are good always and b) This game throws levels at you. Hitting roughly 27-28 changed b a bit though ^^;
However, totally can level to 20 in <2 hours. Getting to 16 is hardly a thing in 1.

EDIT: So you know. Leveling to 20 in <2 hours is a process in itself.

Basically, if you're smart about partying for CO's (mostly Koffie's CO's because she owns you) you should get to 13 in a bout 20-30 minutes. From there, if you can latch on to a good field quest group or emergency quest group, get all the special field events/sub boss fights.

RyanDanger
Mar 9, 2013, 01:58 AM

Any thoughts/advice?

1) There's definitely a learning curve. Once you know what's up, you'll know what's up.
2) Don't solo. There is 0 drawback from partying with people. (so far as I've found)

UnLucky
Mar 9, 2013, 03:43 AM
well everything vaporizes and it's pretty boring

but yeah no in game penalty or anything, really. more exp, more drops, more codes

RyanDanger
Mar 9, 2013, 11:40 AM
well everything vaporizes and it's pretty boring

but yeah no in game penalty or anything, really. more exp, more drops, more codes

It can be really fun! One time, when I first got to hard caves on my RA, there was a stupid insane amount of people in area two just moving like an ocean of murder. That's when I got the two pieces of my vol set ^0^

As far as everything vaporizing, Vol and Renge hung around long enough to put up a fight and being a RA I got to feel useful towards the effort with my WB's.

When it comes to MMO's, what's boring and what's fun is quite objective. I'm not a fan of the grindy aspect of PSO, so everything vaporizing around me every now and then is nice. It's the same stuff I'll be fighting a million times over, so why not fly ahead in levels? Then again, to each their own.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 9, 2013, 01:25 PM
Trust me that will change. 12 people vs a lvl 50 infection 3 rig = 20 second fight and 22k exp with no boosters

gigawuts
Mar 9, 2013, 01:25 PM
Do it in an AQ, get 40k EXP.

ShinMaruku
Mar 9, 2013, 01:38 PM
Fighters need a MGR parry. It would work so well with the offensive nature of the game. Imagine perfect parrying a boss and breaking their shit.

Kraiseson
Mar 9, 2013, 03:46 PM
This is mostly a joke/exaggerated.
My first 2 days lead me to the conclusion that a) Forces are good always and b) This game throws levels at you. Hitting roughly 27-28 changed b a bit though ^^;
However, totally can level to 20 in <2 hours. Getting to 16 is hardly a thing in 1.

EDIT: So you know. Leveling to 20 in <2 hours is a process in itself.

Basically, if you're smart about partying for CO's (mostly Koffie's CO's because she owns you) you should get to 13 in a bout 20-30 minutes. From there, if you can latch on to a good field quest group or emergency quest group, get all the special field events/sub boss fights.

Fuck right off. Your post pisses me off. This is absolute unadulterated bullshit. You cannot get 13 levels in 30 minutes.
Go download Hypercam or some other program and please for the love of god, record this half an hour process.

Its people like you who log onto this site saying a bunch of lies that gets the whole community all messed up on whats true and whats not.

20-30 minutes like please just stop posting here.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 9, 2013, 06:38 PM
you can get 13 levels in 30 minutes with COs though >_>

ShinMaruku
Mar 9, 2013, 06:39 PM
you can reach 15 in 5 mins. But you need to bullshit the game though.

RyanDanger
Mar 10, 2013, 02:49 AM
Fuck right off. Your post pisses me off. This is absolute unadulterated bullshit. You cannot get 13 levels in 30 minutes.
Go download Hypercam or some other program and please for the love of god, record this half an hour process.

Its people like you who log onto this site saying a bunch of lies that gets the whole community all messed up on whats true and whats not.

20-30 minutes like please just stop posting here.

Do I have to clarify that it's level 1 to level 13/15?

Koffie is like, the coolest person. Not even lying.
The majority of my first post was pretty poor/exaggerated and based off the impression the game was giving me after 5-7 hours of play. I'm no expert on this stuff, but what I do know is Koffie is great.^^

And that she doesn't really talk to me anymore :sad: