PDA

View Full Version : Hu/Te Poison Igntion Support

Nandemon
Feb 26, 2013, 01:16 AM
So i've been doing some research about poison ignition and came up with a build that revolves around megiverse, all support buffs, and twin dagger melee with a poison affix.

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.html?03tPbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbHiJIE7 bIn000000febrbGBbOGFbN2N0000Ib00000ib0000Ib00000f4 OIdjJ2I2bkcF0008

Just wanted some feedback from the community, the class seems very niche but it could be a lot of fun i feel.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 26, 2013, 01:28 AM
you mean Fi/Te?

This build idea has been done to death. it's too niche to be worth it. many other builds kill much faster and daggers are some of the most underpowered weapons in the game.

UnLucky
Feb 26, 2013, 01:29 AM
Why 7 in each S-Atk Up? I mean, even if you wanted them for something (like for equipment requirements), you'd do better with 9 in one and 5 in the other. One isn't even required at all, so you could take those 9 points and put them into Chase Bind.

4 points in PP Restorate is barely anything, just a little shy of an extra whole 1PP/s while not using PAs or Techs. And what's with 3 in Shifta Advance? That brings your 19.3% Shifta to a 21.0% (of the target player's base stats). Wow amazing cool and awesome support build.

I guess I'd end up with this:
http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.html?03tPbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbHiJIE7 bIn000000febHnGBboGKf2N0000Ib00000ib0000Ib00000fkb 6J2I2bKcF0008

Someone else will probably strongly encourage you to get the Double Saber Gear.

Bellion
Feb 26, 2013, 01:35 AM
Poison Ignition is terrible, I have it maxed. Why is it terrible? First of all, you have to be point blank at said target that has the poison ailment. Second, any non-poisoned enemy near said target will probably get hit for 500 damage whereas the target enemy gets hit for like 10k damage. Third, the animation may be too slow and an enemy can just hop or side step and it probably won't work.

Please don't get it or else you'll regret it, like me.

Nandemon
Feb 26, 2013, 01:37 AM
you mean Fi/Te?

This build idea has been done to death. it's too niche to be worth it. many other builds kill much faster and daggers are some of the most underpowered weapons in the game.

in your opinion would i be ok with knuckles and twins?

Why 7 in each S-Atk Up? I mean, even if you wanted them for something (like for equipment requirements), you'd do better with 9 in one and 5 in the other. One isn't even required at all, so you could take those 9 points and put them into Chase Bind.

4 points in PP Restorate is barely anything, just a little shy of an extra whole 1PP/s while not using PAs or Techs. And what's with 3 in Shifta Advance? That brings your 19.3% Shifta to a 21.0% (of the target player's base stats). Wow amazing cool and awesome support build.

I guess I'd end up with this:
http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...b6J2I2bKcF0008
Someone else will probably strongly encourage you to get the Double Saber Gear.

It was for equipment requirements, if i'm running a hybrid should i deal with using less than the top weapon and place those points otherwear?

I figured 4 points in PP restorate would help the problem of not lowering Zondeel's cast. The Shifta was points i couldn't find another place for i can see how they're useless.

Also twin daggers were chose due to how often the hit to proc Poison on enemies, i have no experience around Poison III but i imagine with a 30 second cooldown i would definitely see a poison proc between ignites.

Nandemon
Feb 26, 2013, 01:40 AM
Poison Ignition is terrible, I have it maxed. Why is it terrible? First of all, you have to be point blank at said target that has the poison ailment. Second, any non-poisoned enemy near said target will probably get hit for 500 damage whereas the target enemy gets hit for like 10k damage. Third, the animation may be too slow and an enemy can just hop or side step and it probably won't work.

Please don't get it or else you'll regret it, like me.

I will definitely head those words, sounds like a broken spell to me

UnLucky
Feb 26, 2013, 01:59 AM
It was for equipment requirements, if i'm running a hybrid should i deal with using less than the top weapon and place those points otherwear?

I figured 4 points in PP restorate would help the problem of not lowering Zondeel's cast. The Shifta was points i couldn't find another place for i can see how they're useless.
If you do need the stats for equipment, get one to 10 for the biggest boost for the SP cost. Instead of +28 S-Atk from S-Atk Up 3, you can get +40 from S-Atk Up 1 with the same amount of SP!

You'll definitely want to use the best weapons available. That's the biggest source of Atk you'll get.

As for the Zondeel's cost, not even close. But it can help a bit otherwise. Not as much as Gunner's Attack PP Restorate, though, but then you have no technics.

If you don't plan on ever using Force, or just want to experiment on a totally separate chracter, try building up to Freeze Ignition. Imagine something exactly like that, but twice as good in every possible way. That is Poison Ignition. It is still bad.

Nandemon
Feb 26, 2013, 11:26 AM
If you do need the stats for equipment, get one to 10 for the biggest boost for the SP cost. Instead of +28 S-Atk from S-Atk Up 3, you can get +40 from S-Atk Up 1 with the same amount of SP!

You'll definitely want to use the best weapons available. That's the biggest source of Atk you'll get.

As for the Zondeel's cost, not even close. But it can help a bit otherwise. Not as much as Gunner's Attack PP Restorate, though, but then you have no technics.

If you don't plan on ever using Force, or just want to experiment on a totally separate chracter, try building up to Freeze Ignition. Imagine something exactly like that, but twice as good in every possible way. That is Poison Ignition. It is still bad.

My FO tree is already taken sadly.

However if i plan on using twin daggers is Shifta Critical still a terrible waste of points? It seems as if the fastest weapon with a 25% higher crit rate could be definitely worth the points.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 26, 2013, 11:53 AM
do you know what crits do in this game?

Nandemon
Feb 26, 2013, 11:58 AM
do you know what crits do in this game?

No i do not but judging from that post i'm gonna assume they're terrible.

Does territory burst increase its range from rank 1-10? If not i don't see how 10 points in the skill can be viable unless you constantly run megiverse or other techs.

holmwood
Feb 26, 2013, 11:59 AM
My FO tree is already taken sadly.

However if i plan on using twin daggers is Shifta Critical still a terrible waste of points? It seems as if the fastest weapon with a 25% higher crit rate could be definitely worth the points.

The effect would be negligible if noticeable at all. Crits dont work the same here like in other games.... People put in 1 pt in shifta critical because it makes shifta shiny looking. That's all.

Nandemon
Feb 26, 2013, 12:02 PM
The effect would be negligible if noticeable at all. Crits dont work the same here like in other games.... People put in 1 pt in shifta critical because it makes shifta shiny looking. That's all.

So points in shifta advance are a waste of time as well?

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 26, 2013, 12:04 PM
No i do not but judging from that post i'm gonna assume they're terrible.

Does territory burst increase its range from rank 1-10? If not i don't see how 10 points in the skill can be viable unless you constantly run megiverse or other techs.

crits don't do anything at all. basically if your normal damage range were between 500 and 600 damage, a critical hit makes you do 600 damage.

Relevant attack stat increases max damage, dex increases minimum damage. Don't bother increasing dex though, it gets high enough on its own.

that's why crits are terribad.

So points in shifta advance are a waste of time as well?

shifta advance is a percentage boost to shifta which is based on your base stats.

currently max level of shifta is 15. That gives a 19.4% boost to your base atk stats including mag and skill tree boosts.

So:

with shifta 15 if you have base S atk of 500 you'll get 97 bonus S atk. Sounds great at first until you see that your weapons, units and affixes are boosting your attack to ~1300 on their own. this makes for what is actually less than a 7.5% increase in attack power overall.

Shifta advance increases the buff that shifta gives by a fixed percentage based on its level at 10/10 it's 25% of the stats that shifta gave you. so if shifta gave you 97 S Atk, Shifta Advance would give you another 24, meaning on average it grants less than a 2% performance boost. In short, not worth it.

Put only 1 point in territory burst. all it does is increase the duration. at 10/10 it lasts 110 seconds and has a 120 second cooldown meaning it has 10 seconds of downtime. at 1/10 however it lasts 90 seconds and still has a 120 second cooldown meaning you have 30 seconds of downtime. so 9 points grants you another 20 seconds - that's it, that's all the extra points get you, do not put more than 1 point into Territory Burst, it's a total waste.

Nandemon
Feb 26, 2013, 12:06 PM
crits don't do anything at all. basically if your normal damage range were between 500 and 600 damage, a critical hit makes you do 600 damage.

Relevant attack stat increases max damage, dex increases minimum damage. Don't bother increasing dex though, it gets high enough on its own.

that's why crits are terribad.

Running any Dex into my mag is a waste of time then? If i sacrificed dex on my mag it would free up points in the s-atk area to put in other places. My biggest problem is where to my my TE points at, seems like no matter where i turn the skills are worthless.

I probablly will end up wth maxed territory burst, resta advance, pp restorate, and some weak element

Nandemon
Feb 26, 2013, 12:08 PM
Are points in Shifta advance completely useless if i dont plan on picking up wand gear and going strictly melee/support?

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 26, 2013, 12:20 PM
If you don't want wand gear avoid that side of the tree.

BTW save your SP. better to put 1 point in territory burst and have 9 SP left over than to put them all into a skill just for the hell of it. Skill trees get updated once in a while with new skills and you want as much SP as you can muster for when it happens since we dont get a free reset.

The only other reason to get dex is if you want to equip something early. look at any equipment you might want and see if it requires dex. if it doesn't or you don't mind waiting then leave your dex at 0.

Edit: Any reason you're opposed to Fi/Fo? if you're going to insist on Fi/Te I would grab Deband Cut and max it out. I don't like techer as a sub for fighter though because fighter gains almost nothing from it.

Nandemon
Feb 26, 2013, 12:48 PM
I am against Fi/Fo as i don't plan on using damaging techs, only the buffs, resta, megiverse and zondeel. I don't see anything in the fo's skill tree that would help the damage of a fi, so it seems that te is better geared for what i want out of a caster subclass.

UnLucky
Feb 26, 2013, 12:56 PM
Well, Zondeel will cost 15 less PP per cast, all other non-flame techs will cost 5 less (Resta/Deband/Megiverse), and flame techs (Shifta) will cast in half a second (all assuming a full charge).

The only thing from Techer that increases Fighter's damage is the measly ~5% base from Shifta Advance (which can easily be more like ~2% with average gear at the level cap).

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 26, 2013, 01:06 PM
Not to mention shifta itself is lack luster. 20% of base stats ends up being more like a 7% performance increase. Deband Cut is decent but you have to chase people around and recast it every 60 seconds so it's really not something you'll be wanting to use unless you like chasing people and not doing much else.

At least Fo gives you cost down on your bolt techs and lets you regen PP while casting. Not to mention you need to level Fo to 30 to even unlock techer. then you need to run techer to something respectable too which means eventually playing the class which means using damage techs. Te/Fi is practically worthless for that, where as Fo/Fi is considered one of the best casting classes there is.

Nandemon
Feb 26, 2013, 01:07 PM
Well, Zondeel will cost 15 less PP per cast, all other non-flame techs will cost 5 less (Resta/Deband/Megiverse), and flame techs (Shifta) will cast in half a second (all assuming a full charge).

The only thing from Techer that increases Fighter's damage is the measly ~5% base from Shifta Advance (which can easily be more like ~2% with average gear at the level cap).

With PP restorate wouldn't maxed would i be able to gain more than 5 pp back per second?

Deband Cut, Territory Burst, and Resta advance all seem to be pulling me to the TE tree, i never realized that Tech Charge Advance already boosts resta

Nandemon
Feb 26, 2013, 01:10 PM
Not to mention shifta itself is lack luster. 20% of base stats ends up being more like a 7% performance increase. Deband Cut is decent but you have to chase people around and recast it every 60 seconds so it's really not something you'll be wanting to use unless you like chasing people and not doing much else.

At least Fo gives you cost down on your bolt techs and lets you regen PP while casting. Not to mention you need to level Fo to 30 to even unlock techer. then you need to run techer to something respectable too which means eventually playing the class which means using damage techs. Te/Fi is practically worthless for that, where as Fo/Fi is considered one of the best casting classes there is.

I'm running Te/Fo right now just to level my Te tree then i plan on beginning my hunter tree

I love the idea of Fo/Fi but i want to be a melee based class that only casts support techs.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 26, 2013, 01:18 PM
I just want to make sure you understand that support is one of the least important things in this game. the benefit you bring to your team will be minimal compared to playing a DPS class. as a Fi/Fo you still get shifta. Shifta advance is utter garbage. the only real gain you get from going Te is deband cut as I said before. For everything else, Fo is still better.

Nandemon
Feb 26, 2013, 01:21 PM
I just want to make sure you understand that support is one of the least important things in this game. the benefit you bring to your team will be minimal compared to playing a DPS class. as a Fi/Fo you still get shifta. Shifta advance is utter garbage. the only real gain you get from going Te is deband cut as I said before. For everything else, Fo is still better.

Is Fi/Fo a lot weaker than just a Fi/Hu? If support is really that nerfed in the game i don't really see a point in playing it, i just mained Acrotecher in psu and really wanted to go with the same sort of playstyle.

That being said a Fi/Fo for crowd control and techs while bosses are far away seems like it would be a lot of fun.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 26, 2013, 01:32 PM
Yes, support has been heavily nerfed since PSU. Fi/Fo will give you similar support while giving you good attack techs at a distance. if you're fortunate enough to get an umbila stick, you can even be a powerful caster while still having all Fi weapons.

Significantly weaker than Fi/Hu? that's debatable. The difference will definitely be noticeable, but I doubt you'd feel gimped. the only real disadvanatges is you'd lose out on swords and Hu's survival skills. Aside from that, your melee damage will be a bit lower. but not bad by any means. You'd still have chase advance and with attack techs you'd be able to stick SEs and switch back to melee for bonus damage on anything you stuck an SE on. It should give you a great sense of versatility.

Nandemon
Feb 26, 2013, 01:38 PM
http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.html?03qCbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbHiJIE7 bIn000000febsOGBbOGFf2N0000Ib00000ib0000qoI22KIwjb ncAIw0007b00000f

With this Fi/Fo as my current newman i can equip all the 650 s-atk weapons. Wouldn't it be pretty impossible to make a 100 s-atk 50 t-atk mag as items that raise the two both increase Dex?

Also do you have any suggestions for the build. Would a Hu/Fo be a tankier build, or does it just sacrifice dps?

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 26, 2013, 01:48 PM
As far as mags go:

Monomate increases S Atk and S Def. Lowers Dex

Dimate increased R Atk and R Def. Lowers Dex

Trimate increases T Atk and T Def. Lowers Dex

Striking weapons (orange tint) increase S Atk and Dex. Lowers S Def.

Ranged weapons (blue tint) increase R Atk and Dex. Lowers R Def.

tech weapons (yellow tint) increase T Atk and Dex. Lowers T Def.

...that should help.

Hu/fo would be trading a lot of damage for some optional tanking skills like flash guard. even if you didn't take those Fi is still better for DPS thanks to stances and chase advance, the former of which also boosts tech damage.

I'd probably avoid putting SP into stat ups. instead divert your dex/abil from your mag to S Atk. you'll be missing out on Jinrai for now, but that's about it. At the next level cap that wont be an issue and you'll have the SP free to use when the skill trees are updated. It's speculated that we'll be getting more stance ups which will increase your damage far more than Jinrai ever would.

You can also take 2 points out of T atk up and put them into Tech JA advance and Tech Charge Advance 2. You're giving up 8 T Atk for a minor gain in tech damage. Some may say 6 of one, half a dozen of the other, but long term, the 2% increase is going to be more benefit than 8 T atk.

UnLucky
Feb 26, 2013, 01:49 PM
With PP restorate wouldn't maxed would i be able to gain more than 5 pp back per second?

Deband Cut, Territory Burst, and Resta advance all seem to be pulling me to the TE tree, i never realized that Tech Charge Advance already boosts resta
Not at all. See, PP only regens when you're not using a tech or PA. So Techer will give you 7PP/s when either using normal attacks, or nothing at all. If you cast techs back to back with proper JA timing you will get zero PP regen the entire time. Same for charging or performing a PA, you will get nothing from PP Restorate.

Force will get 5PP/s while charging techs, using normal attacks, or nothing at all. Your regen does stop between techs, but for the duration of the charge (typically 1s) you'll gain PP (typically 5).

Edit: The difference is staggering with the PP Regen PB, PP Recovery mag triggers, or PP Convert. You can stand around and get your bar filled a bit faster, but you won't get anything at all as long as you attack. Techer is worthless without Force.

Nandemon
Feb 26, 2013, 01:54 PM
Not at all. See, PP only regens when you're not using a tech or PA. So Techer will give you 7PP/s when either using normal attacks, or nothing at all. If you cast techs back to back with proper JA timing you will get zero PP regen the entire time. Same for charging or performing a PA, you will get nothing from PP Restorate.

Force will get 5PP/s while charging techs, using normal attacks, or nothing at all. Your regen does stop between techs, but for the duration of the charge (typically 1s) you'll gain PP (typically 5).

I see, so essentially the only reason to run a Te is if you're maining force. If this is the case i can see myself running a support build with techer subbed for force instead of going for a melee build in the future.

The problem now is the small difference of Human and Newman is making me put skill points in my tree for s-atk when i could spend those points elsewhere if i end up rerolling.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 26, 2013, 02:00 PM
I see, so essentially the only reason to run a Te is if you're maining force. If this is the case i can see myself running a support build with techer subbed for force instead of going for a melee build in the future.

The problem now is the small difference of Human and Newman is making me put skill points in my tree for s-atk when i could spend those points elsewhere if i end up rerolling.

Te can be an interesting sub for RA since it can help with PP regen during WB...but that's about it.

Your Fi/Fo build was just about what I would do, but I made some veeeery slight changes to reflect my suggestions. (http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.html?03qCbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkc5iJ9bI n000000febrbGBboGFIb2N0000Ib00000ib00004OI22KIxjbn cAIx0007b00000f)

Nandemon
Feb 26, 2013, 02:04 PM
As far as mags go:

Monomate increases S Atk and S Def. Lowers Dex

Dimate increased R Atk and R Def. Lowers Dex

Trimate increases T Atk and T Def. Lowers Dex

Striking weapons (orange tint) increase S Atk and Dex. Lowers S Def.

Ranged weapons (blue tint) increase R Atk and Dex. Lowers R Def.

tech weapons (yellow tint) increase T Atk and Dex. Lowers T Def.

...that should help.

Hu/fo would be trading a lot of damage for some optional tanking skills like flash guard. even if you didn't take those Fi is still better for DPS thanks to stances and chase advance, the former of which also boosts tech damage.

I'd probably avoid putting SP into stat ups. instead divert your dex/abil from your mag to S Atk. you'll be missing out on Jinrai for now, but that's about it. At the next level cap that wont be an issue and you'll have the SP free to use when the skill trees are updated. It's speculated that we'll be getting more stance ups which will increase your damage far more than Jinrai ever would.

You can also take 2 points out of T atk up and put them into Tech JA advance and Tech Charge Advance 2. You're giving up 8 T Atk for a minor gain in tech damage. Some may say 6 of one, half a dozen of the other, but long term, the 2% increase is going to be more benefit than 8 T atk.

Fi/Fo it is then. I think i want to reroll human to balance out the problem with my s-atk. My mag is already 57 t-atk and 26 dex so theres the problem there with lowering my tech down to 50 and getting my s-atk to 100. I believe i could give it monomate insanely until dex is zero then use some armor to lower the t-atk and then back to monomates?

Nandemon
Feb 26, 2013, 02:10 PM
And my mind has had to have been made up, i just realized mags can not lower levels once they have been gained so i'm gonna have to reroll to play this class, it seems like it'll be worth it though the idea looks like a lot of fun

UnLucky
Feb 26, 2013, 02:23 PM
Will you be going male or female human?

Here's what I'd do for your skill tree. (http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.html?03qBbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkcgiJi2l bIn000000febrbGBcBGFIb2N0000Ib00000ib00004OI22XIxj bncAIw0007b00000f)

Grab all the weapon Gears, if you need S-Atk then spend the points in the one that's already the highest, any more is a huge waste.

Notable stat hurdles: 650 Atk for current strongest weapons, 450 Def for the good 6* S-Def unit set and pyroxene weapons (T-Def for the Talis, though you can get a better all-class one that needs 420 Dex), 489 for the 10* equips (T or R-Def for the better S-Def units.... Sega), and 547 or 566 S-Def for other melee unit options.

Nandemon
Feb 26, 2013, 02:35 PM
Will you be going male or female human?

Here's what I'd do for your skill tree. (http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.html?03qBbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkcgiJi2l bIn000000febrbGBcBGFIb2N0000Ib00000ib00004OI22XIxj bncAIw0007b00000f)

Grab all the weapon Gears, if you need S-Atk then spend the points in the one that's already the highest, any more is a huge waste.

Notable stat hurdles: 650 Atk for current strongest weapons, 450 Def for the good 6* S-Def unit set and pyroxene weapons (T-Def for the Talis, though you can get a better all-class one that needs 420 Dex), 489 for the 10* equips (T or R-Def for the better S-Def units.... Sega), and 547 or 566 S-Def for other melee unit options.

I've got a male human already who just got a mag and has no skill points used, so i'll be using him. I'm sure i can figure out how to make that mag with a mag caluculator if i find one. Should i unlock fi at 30 and level that first? Some people have told me to level my first class to 40 then begin a subclass.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 26, 2013, 03:11 PM
Well once you get to 40 you can start using COs to level your sub while still playing your main.

You can do this even earlier if you wanted though.

I'd pass on the green dual gaze. The dex req is absurd for one weapon when you could just as easily, if not more easily get an umbila stick (meaning both are rare drops, so don't bank on it), and it takes away from the T atk that would up damage and let you actually equip the stick. Plus you'll want the T atk more for when you switch to Fo main.

Nandemon
Feb 26, 2013, 03:45 PM
Should I level them equally with grinding and COs? I just leveled one force to 30 and want to make this as quick as possible

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 26, 2013, 04:12 PM
Nah..if you grind one class to 40 you can get the other most of the way to 30 with COs then finish it up by playing. Once both classes get to vhard it's smooth sailing.

Nandemon
Feb 26, 2013, 04:29 PM
So level Hu to 30 then grind Fi to 40 then COs to get 30 Te would be the fastest way?

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 26, 2013, 05:48 PM
In my experience, yes but someone may have a faster method.

Nandemon
Feb 26, 2013, 05:55 PM
Thank you very much, As far as feeding my mag goes what would be your best suggestion?

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 26, 2013, 06:10 PM
Well were you going for dex or no? My suggestion is you do S Atk/T Atk, but if you follow unlucky's advice, my suggestions for mag feeding will be irrelevant. Personally if you do go S/T, I'd raise tech first only because I think the PP restore J is more useful than the mag healing, and you can't trade Spheres for that action. It will slow progression a bit, but at least once you hit Fi you can sub Hu til you get Fo to 30.

Nandemon
Feb 26, 2013, 06:36 PM
I only want s/t atk. To make sure my dex never gets above one should I go for a rotation of all three maybe? Raise t atk then trimate to drop it back and repeat

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 26, 2013, 06:45 PM
Alter between tech weapons and trimates til you get tech to 16(assuming you want more). This will get you lepus and the PP restore skill. Then do striking weapons and monomate til you get it where you want it, then finish your tech. This should get you PP restore J, Invincibility H and a striking mag that you can change as you see fit once it hits 150.

Nandemon
Feb 26, 2013, 06:55 PM
So go for 16 t-atk 14 s-atk so it evolves into the first force mag then go most s-atk for its attributes?

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 26, 2013, 06:57 PM
That's it

Nandemon
Feb 26, 2013, 07:08 PM
Awesome thanks for all the help!

Can't wait to get home and start this build up.

Now I have room to let my techer tree wait until the huge buff support deserves in this game (;

Nandemon
Feb 27, 2013, 06:18 PM
Gonna bump this post to see if anyone has suggestions for a Hu/Te sword build. I've seen on many japanese sites a lot of sword only hu builds, i'd assume they're fairly tanky but didn't really know if anyone has tried this on the forums.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 27, 2013, 06:33 PM
Gonna bump this post to see if anyone has suggestions for a Hu/Te sword build. I've seen on many japanese sites a lot of sword only hu builds, i'd assume they're fairly tanky but didn't really know if anyone has tried this on the forums.

This is as tanky as you can get. (http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.html?03tAbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIk0jebkbk bj5dIsI2IkcK00007b00000ib00000ib0000Ib00000f4OIdId rK2XI2Ik0000)

Static 20% S and R damage reduction and 30% T damage reduction. Deband Cut reduces all damage by an additional 15%. Resta effectiveness up, minor PP increase. By doing this you lose access to all damage boosting abilities and your Te tree is basically thrown away.

Yeah you'll be able to take more hits, but that's really not as intersting as it sounds once you realize that you're talking about turning a 3 hitter quitter into a 5 and that your DPS is completely dead. Yeah you can live through a few things other can't but most of that stuff can be avoided and the stuff that can't will likely kill you anyway, or won't kill anyone.

All this for the cost of contributing almost nothing to the group by comparison.

Might be more important if party wipes were common.

gigawuts
Feb 27, 2013, 06:36 PM
This is as tanky as you can get. (http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.html?03tAbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIk0jebkbk bj5dIsI2IkcK00007b00000ib00000ib0000Ib00000f4OIdId rK2XI2Ik0000)

Static 20% S and R damage reduction and 30% T damage reduction. Deband Cut reduces all damage by an additional 15%. Resta effectiveness up, minor PP increase. By doing this you lose access to all damage boosting abilities and your Te tree is basically thrown away.

Yeah you'll be able to take more hits, but that's really not as intersting as it sounds once you realize that you're talking about turning a 3 hitter quitter into a 5 and that your DPS is completely dead. Yeah you can live through a few things other can't but most of that stuff can be avoided and the stuff that can't will likely kill you anyway, or won't kill anyone.

All this for the cost of contributing almost nothing to the group by comparison.

Might be more important if party wipes were common.

It is hilarious how the prerequisites for the tank tree are so ridiculous that you can't even do a dedicated tank build.

The hunter tree is fucking dumb, and I doubt it will ever be fixed because that would mean they have to face player cries for free resets and either cave, deny, or ignore them. Instead it will stay like this, and only approach semi-fixed when we have like 100 SP and future skills will be crazy easy to get.

Nandemon
Feb 27, 2013, 06:37 PM
I made something like this to be less tanky, but still be able to use Deband Cut and Resta Advance

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.html?03tPbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbWiY8eb kbqoqKcB4QInfcA00008ebsOGBbBGFIb2N0000Ib00000ib000 04OI22XIwjbncAIx00064OIsj2SI2cK0000

I've heard even though Hu's have less s-atk they're weapons are strong enough to make them fairly equal in damage

Nandemon
Feb 27, 2013, 06:42 PM
Sorry i meant for that to be main class Hu, not Fi the skill points are still there

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 27, 2013, 06:48 PM
I made something like this to be less tanky, but still be able to use Deband Cut and Resta Advance

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.html?03tPbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbWiY8eb kbqoqKcB4QInfcA00008ebsOGBbBGFIb2N0000Ib00000ib000 04OI22XIwjbncAIx00064OIsj2SI2cK0000

I've heard even though Hu's have less s-atk they're weapons are strong enough to make them fairly equal in damage

less S atk? where are you reading this? Hu has the highest S atk in the game.

Bellion
Feb 27, 2013, 06:49 PM
You should max Fury Stance instead of maxing Fury Stance Up 1.
You'd spend 5 points for 50 S-atk instead of 10 points and maxing Fury Stance reduces the S-def penalty.

As far as hybrid builds, I'm not good on that. I'd just leave Resta Advance at 5 instead of 10 because it should heal a decent amount at that.

Nandemon
Feb 27, 2013, 06:54 PM
less S atk? where are you reading this? Hu has the highest S atk in the game.

I meant adding s-atk through skill points.

You should max Fury Stance instead of maxing Fury Stance Up 1.
You'd spend 5 points for 50 S-atk instead of 10 points and maxing Fury Stance reduces the S-def penalty.

As far as hybrid builds, I'm not good on that. I'd just leave Resta Advance at 5 instead of 10 because it should heal a decent amount at that.

Will do that definitely thank you for the suggestions

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 27, 2013, 06:54 PM
you never put SP into stat-ups anyway.

Your build for Hu is more or less the standard for DPS. Not really tanky at all. At this point I'm not sure there's much point in subbing techer since a 15% damage reduction is even less significant. and all you're doing is cutting into your damage.

You could instead take automate halfline or iron will and sub fighter. Automate will autoheal you with your weakest mate. there is no animation for this, you just use a mate. You could be on the ground, you could be using a PA with hyper armor. Doesn't matter, your HP drops below 50%, you use a mate. Iron Will gives you a 75% chance of having your hp reduced to 1 when you would normally die. As long as you have over 1hp, the skill can activate - much better skills than anything deband cut will offer.

UnLucky
Feb 27, 2013, 06:57 PM
I was trying to build something sensible by taking one point in Flash Guard 2, but that's only 10% instead of 30% so there goes that idea.

But regardless, I had my fun making this Dice Roll Tank Build (http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.html?03tBbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIk0lbkI4O j5dIsIsIkJ200007b00000ib00000ib0000Ib00000fkb62SI2 cK0000)

All damage reduced by 15%
All strike damage further reduced by 20%
54% chance to reduce tech damage by 30%
54% chance to further reduce strike damage by an additional 20% (for 36% reduction, not including Deband Cut, which I believe would then become ~45% total reduction)
20% chance to automatically heal (consumes a 'mate) when an attack leaves you below 50% HP
75% chance to survive with 1HP when receiving a killing blow (0% when at 1HP already)

Does Light Mastery improve Resta's healing? Regardless, this is a seriously underpowered build since you have nothing offensive in it at all.

You'd be better off with a Hunter build like this (http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.html?03IbbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIk0jebkbq oqKcB5dInik00009b00000ib00000ib0000Ib00000ib00000f ) since you lose practically nothing offensively, but still get enough defense where it counts. Or switch Iron Will for Automate if you think you'd prefer that.

Nandemon
Feb 27, 2013, 07:01 PM
you never put SP into stat-ups anyway.

As a newman i would have to take points into stat ups to reach the highest rank weapons.

I was trying to build something sensible by taking one point in Flash Guard 2, but that's only 10% instead of 30% so there goes that idea.

But regardless, I had my fun making this Dice Roll Tank Build

All damage reduced by 15%
All strike damage further reduced by 20%
54% chance to reduce tech damage by 30%
54% chance to further reduce strike damage by an additional 20% (for 36% reduction, not including Deband Cut, which I believe would then become ~45% total reduction)
20% chance to automatically heal (consumes a 'mate) when an attack leaves you below 50% HP
75% chance to survive with 1HP when receiving a killing blow (0% when at 1HP already)

Does Light Mastery improve Resta's healing? Regardless, this is a seriously underpowered build since you have nothing offensive in it at all.

This does seem like a weak build, but on the websites i've been on i've seen people solo Hunar Falz in about 8 minutes, which doesn't seem too bad to me especially if ii find the class more fun.

UnLucky
Feb 27, 2013, 07:05 PM
Oh, and apparently Flash Guard also protects against ranged damage. I still wouldn't recommend it.

Nandemon
Feb 27, 2013, 07:06 PM
Oh, and apparently Flash Guard also protects against ranged damage. I still wouldn't recommend it.

I like the left side of the Hu tree a lot better, what do you personally think of automate halfline in vh mode?

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 27, 2013, 07:12 PM
As a newman i would have to take points into stat ups to reach the highest rank weapons.

This does seem like a weak build, but on the websites i've been on i've seen people solo Hunar Falz in about 8 minutes, which doesn't seem too bad to me especially if ii find the class more fun.

Use your Mag? male newman Hu/Te following my build will still have over 500 S atk. your mag will gove it over 600. Dont bank on equipping the 600+ gear until you're lvl 60 anyway. Getting most of it is a crap shoot anyway....This just seems like a weak build all around, though. You're trying to have your cake and eat it too by trying to get good DPS and tank while playing a male newman.

I like the left side of the Hu tree a lot better, what do you personally think of automate halfline in vh mode?

look up for comments on halfline.

UnLucky
Feb 27, 2013, 07:19 PM
I'd link to one of giga's posts about Automate Halfline (vs Deadline or Iron Will) but I'm lazy.

I think Automate is more equipment reliant than Iron Will, though the latter is still a dice roll. If you are in a position to take lots of damage, like over half of your max HP (hello Advance Quests~), Automate may never trigger. Also it might still have issues triggering when the game is lagging.

Iron Will doesn't care how much HP you had, or exactly how much damage you took. Would it have killed you? Well, now it probably won't.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 27, 2013, 07:36 PM
I'd link to one of giga's posts about Automate Halfline (vs Deadline or Iron Will) but I'm lazy.

I think Automate is more equipment reliant than Iron Will, though the latter is still a dice roll. If you are in a position to take lots of damage, like over half of your max HP (hello Advance Quests~), Automate may never trigger. Also it might still have issues triggering when the game is lagging.

Iron Will doesn't care how much HP you had, or exactly how much damage you took. Would it have killed you? Well, now it probably won't.

This is absolutely true. I took deadline on my Gu after some talk. In AQs I noticed I wasn't ever being taken below 25% health. It was either 40% or dead. I switched over to my vardha set and did some entry level affixing and now automate triggers quite a bit.

Halfline is a bit less of an issue because the halfway mark is easier to deal with than the 25%. I wouldn't bring monomates along though, if you get popped hard enough the mate wont get you back ABOVE 50%

Nandemon
Feb 27, 2013, 09:32 PM
It seems to me that iron will is the way to go unless yo are fully geared which will take forever anyways so i'll go that route. With my Te tree do you think i'd be able to main as RA and play another type of support, even if only for fun?