PDA

View Full Version : Chrome Dragon

Asirae
Feb 27, 2013, 09:36 AM
Sooo Chrome Dragon will be available in 25 mins right?

Just goto PC/Vita block, do any field quest and it may randomly appear.

The Chrome Dragon

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Chrome-Dragon.jpg

The Chrome Dragon can power up as he preys on other enemies. When he’s powered up, his attack power and speed will increase, allowing him to perform a wider variety of attacks. Since the Chrome Dragon can call upon other enemies, it becomes of utmost importance to defeat them as quickly as possible. The Chrome Dragon can appear on any field and will be coming first to the PlayStation Vita.
Under certain conditions, the Chrome Dragon will appear as an interrupt event on the Vita and Vita/PC shared blocks. Players who encountered him on those blocks can make it possible for him to appear on PC exclusive blocks as well. This could even spread to other players who have not yet met those conditions.
This boss will be arriving February 28th, 2013!

Requiem Aeternam
Feb 27, 2013, 09:43 AM
This boss looks really cool. Looks like I'll be playing in the Vita/PC shared blocks till I see one. Hopefully it drops some good rares too.

the_happypanda
Feb 27, 2013, 09:47 AM
I never looked this up, are the pc/vita blocks the 2xx blocks

Z-0
Feb 27, 2013, 09:48 AM
Sooo Chrome Dragon will be available in 25 mins right?
No, after maint.

Requiem Aeternam
Feb 27, 2013, 09:50 AM
I never looked this up, are the pc/vita blocks the 2xx blocks

Yep, they are.

Asirae
Feb 27, 2013, 09:50 AM
I'll be on Block 218 till I see a Chrome Dragon, after that it becomes viral!

EDIT: Wait, when is maintenance?

Ezodagrom
Feb 27, 2013, 09:52 AM
Since it says that it's coming to the Vita version first, I believe that only Vita players can trigger Chrome Dragon to appear, for example, a group of only PC players won't be able to find Chrome even in PC/Vita shared blocks, there will have to be at least 1 Vita player with the group. Once a PC player defeats Chrome once, that player apparently will be able to find Chrome even in PC exclusive blocks though.

Also, Chrome will be live only after the maintenance, which starts in 2 hours.

Asirae
Feb 27, 2013, 09:59 AM
Since it says that it's coming to the Vita version first, I believe that only Vita players can trigger Chrome Dragon to appear, for example, a group of only PC players won't be able to find Chrome even in PC/Vita shared blocks, there will have to be at least 1 Vita player with the group. Once a PC player defeats Chrome once, that player apparently will be able to find Chrome even in PC exclusive blocks though.

Also, Chrome will be live only after the maintenance, which starts in 2 hours.

It says on the bumped.org post that it will appear on the PC/Vita block... nothing about it being triggered by Vita player, so who knows.

"Under certain conditions, the Chrome Dragon will appear as an interrupt event on the Vita and Vita/PC shared blocks. "

Alenoir
Feb 27, 2013, 10:01 AM
JP PSN store doesn't update 'till about 12 hours later. You're gonna have to count on the people that already have the package version and have cleared all the way up to matterboard 8.

Edit: It's how limited area bosses work. Like how you need to clear the Hunar EM before he will randomly show up in a field. You probably also need to defeat Chrome Dragon during story mode before you can trigger him in other places.

Ce'Nedra
Feb 27, 2013, 10:02 AM
It says on the bumped.org post that it will appear on the PC/Vita block... nothing about it being triggered by Vita player, so who knows.

"Under certain conditions, the Chrome Dragon will appear as an interrupt event on the Vita and Vita/PC shared blocks. "

Said Event has to be triggered by Vita players I'm sure since only they get the dragon at first.

Ezodagrom
Feb 27, 2013, 10:07 AM

"The Chrome Dragon can appear on any field and will be coming first to the PlayStation Vita."

Emizel
Feb 27, 2013, 10:11 AM
yeah I think there's some long maintenance.

I somehow doubt you'll need to have a PS vita player with you to spawn the boss. will there even be a way to see who's on the Vita? I'm not sure.

Ezodagrom
Feb 27, 2013, 10:14 AM
yeah I think there's some long maintenance.

I somehow doubt you'll need to have a PS vita player with you to spawn the boss. will there even be a way to see who's on the Vita? I'm not sure.
Maintenance starts in less than 2 hours and it will last around 10 hours or so.
And yes, there is a way to check if someone is a Vita player, it's one of the overhead display options (the text that appears above a character, which can show the player name, ID, team, there's one option that shows if a player is a PC or Vita player).

Emizel
Feb 27, 2013, 10:17 AM
good... so I can make fun of VITA owners like I already do, more easily.

now for the difficult task of actually finding a VITA player

Ezodagrom
Feb 27, 2013, 10:25 AM
good... so I can make fun of VITA owners like I already do, more easily.
And then you wonder why people don't like you (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2926120&postcount=25), with an attitude like that... >_>;

Emizel
Feb 27, 2013, 10:29 AM
I don't wonder why. lol

Asirae
Feb 27, 2013, 10:37 AM
From bumped.org - http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-gameplay-adjustments-for-february/

Chrome Dragon
After the Vita version launches, Vita players will first get a chance to fight the new Chrome Dragon who will appear in Emergency Trials. In fact, the Chrome Dragon is a special dragon that can appear wherever it wants. But you shouldn’t come to the conclusion that this Dragon would only appear on Vita blocks. After a Vita player encounters the Chrome Dragon, that person may lead to PC players encountering him as well. Maybe eventually, the Chrome Dragon could appear on the PC exclusive blocks.

Alisha
Feb 27, 2013, 10:39 AM
will we really need to have MB8 finished? cause thats bs lol

Requiem Aeternam
Feb 27, 2013, 10:49 AM

I hope not. It takes too long and I really can't be bothered with it :-P If we do have to do it at least we can complete more than one node at a time now.

Alenoir
Feb 27, 2013, 11:32 AM

The guess is that Chromey will be a story boss for MB9. If he comes as an e-trial, then... Yeah, there's your pass for the e-trial clear condition to spread the dragon love to everyone else in the PC blocks.

Laxedrane
Feb 27, 2013, 11:38 AM

I always assumed it was going to be a case that you had to clear the new story mission exclusive to vita blocks for now.

Asirae
Feb 27, 2013, 12:18 PM
Ok, so who's playing Vita... I got a 25/55 Hunter/Techer ready to go! We party together and unlock Chromie!

RedRaz0r
Feb 27, 2013, 12:24 PM
Ok, so who's playing Vita... I got a 25/55 Hunter/Techer ready to go! We party together and unlock Chromie!

Mememe, but not on hacker-ridden ship.2...

Asirae
Feb 27, 2013, 12:28 PM
Mememe, but not on hacker-ridden ship.2...

Don't be jelly! Its where the parties at!

Hackers really not that big of a deal anyways, they sell stuff dirt cheap and mostly lock all their parties, so who cares?

If you are creating a new character I highly recommend ship 2, it would be foolish otherwise.

Emizel
Feb 27, 2013, 12:28 PM
who cares?

me! :-x

Asirae
Feb 27, 2013, 12:44 PM
Uhg time to derail this thread...

Lv 55/55 and hackers haven't effected me at all.

I've partied with two hackers by accident and they were actually worse at playing the game than me, all they did was spam teleport with their launcher and god mode. It was kind silly to watch... but didn't effect gameplay the slightest.

Crysteon
Feb 27, 2013, 12:52 PM
I guess I'll start Story Mode's Chapter 9 MB once I download the game (which will take a long ass time because PSN will be congested as fuck once the game is up again) just in case a BS restriction about triggering Chrome Dragon on free fields by completing Story Mode is active.

Shadowth117
Feb 27, 2013, 01:02 PM
I guess I'll start Story Mode's Chapter 9 MB once I download the game (which will take a long ass time because PSN will be congested as fuck once the game is up again) just in case a BS restriction about triggering Chrome Dragon on free fields by completing Story Mode is active.

Well, I think there's an EQ he's bringing with him as well actually. Not sure. Regardless, it should be cool to fight him in story mode.

Resanoca
Feb 27, 2013, 01:09 PM
You and I should party. N-not because I want your Chrome Dragon or anything!

Crysteon
Feb 27, 2013, 01:10 PM
You and I should party. N-not because I want your Chrome Dragon or anything!

...B-baka!!

Asirae
Feb 27, 2013, 01:13 PM
So who else here has Vita and up to MB 8 completed?

Lets get some parties going and spread the love! <3

Resanoca
Feb 27, 2013, 01:15 PM
...B-baka!!Your Chrome Dragon is something very precious. I-I'd never take advantage of it. Never!!

blace
Feb 27, 2013, 01:15 PM
Shouldn't you wait till after maintenance? The game technically still isn't available and then there's the update we have to do.

Crysteon
Feb 27, 2013, 01:19 PM
Yeah. The game itself is supposed to be available for download on PSN around 12pm JST. It will be a hella annoying downloading it right away, lol.

Arika
Feb 27, 2013, 01:22 PM
Just goto PC/Vita block, do any field quest and it may randomly appear.

The Chrome Dragon

Not so soon. Vita players will need to see him first from the Story-9, and then he has to be the host on the MPA, and then you join into his MPA to randomly see it.
So give them sometimes to finish the story mission first too.

Ezodagrom
Feb 27, 2013, 01:24 PM
Not so soon. Vita players will need to see him first from the Story-9, and then he has to be the host on the MPA, and then you join into his MPA to randomly see it.
So give them sometimes to finish the story mission first too.
I don't think they have to be the MPA host, they just have to be in the MPA.

Also when crossing parties with players who have met these conditions, the chrome dragon also has a chance to appear to players who have not.
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-maintenance-and-vita-launch-2282013/

Arika
Feb 27, 2013, 01:32 PM
Also when crossing parties with players who have met these conditions, the chrome dragon also has a chance to appear to players who have not.
I believe that part of it also mean to clear story first. Just like banther where you need to trigger it from the EM first, or the Hunar where he appear in Em after ppl met him in EM.

Be aware that usually post from bump that come from famitsu or shougai ahead is usually just brief preheadline, not the full detail yet until the update patch node is written.

Asirae
Feb 27, 2013, 11:06 PM
CHROME DRAGON SIGHTED !!!! WOOOHOOO!

I'm pretty sure this person prolly didn't have time to do matterboard either!

Alt tab crashed on campship tho, hope that doesn't ruin my trigger.

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/9113/pso20130227215911017.jpg

Rakurai
Feb 28, 2013, 09:00 AM
Spent the whole night in free fields that had Vita players hoping to catch a glimpse of the dragon, but no luck.

Wonder if it matters at all whether or not you watched the event where it shows up briefly.

Klypto
Feb 28, 2013, 01:04 PM
I want a chrome dragon :<

The Walrus
Feb 28, 2013, 02:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rld-q4swoFM

Kilich
Feb 28, 2013, 03:06 PM
He doesn't look nearly as fun as Quartz.
Dash, dangerous melee attacks, slow projectiles that immobilize him, special attack telegraphed way in advance.
Ah, well. Why do I even care about enemy design. Its all about costumes anyway.

TRICKST3R
Feb 28, 2013, 06:56 PM
This guy totally reminds me of Hannibal from Gods Eater Burst. xD
Even the way he moves...

Chaosdev
Feb 28, 2013, 09:39 PM
Im glad im not the only one to notice he's like hannibal makes me wanna play godeater again but at least hannibal was more of a challenge than this.

Crysteon
Feb 28, 2013, 11:25 PM
Hannibal is a royal pain in the ass compared to Chrome Dragon indeed. I fought him in story mode and it was kind of disappointing since his attack patterns are too predictable. It would have been nice if some darkers were lurking around the battle dome, but it's only Kuna and you versus him :/

Alisha
Mar 1, 2013, 05:02 AM
is there any hard info on this yet? it seems stupid to me that a pc player can see him long before a fresh player and i feel like im being punished for not doing MB sooner...wtd

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 1, 2013, 05:20 AM
is there any hard info on this yet? it seems stupid to me that a pc player can see him long before a fresh player and i feel like im being punished for not doing MB sooner...wtd

It was the same way with Hunar. Get over it and work on your matter board or go hop into the Vita/PC blocks and hunt him down. I saw him within 10 mins of going to block 209.

Gama
Mar 1, 2013, 05:48 AM
i know this is silly, but this is what i think when i read chrome dragon.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8169566/asdfghjkljhgfdsa.jpg

Rakurai
Mar 1, 2013, 06:18 AM
Another night with no chrome dragon sightings (Which probably makes close to 12 hours of searching for it to no avail).

I've been making it a note to stick around on free fields with Vita players, though I'm not sure if that's even necessary.

Syklo
Mar 1, 2013, 06:49 PM

Special Ability - Incognito!
Impossible to be locked onto.

Crysteon
Mar 1, 2013, 06:58 PM

Google would be proud of his evil spawn, lol.

Syklo
Mar 1, 2013, 07:02 PM
Google would be proud of his evil spawn, lol.
If you look closely there's a tear in its chest.

"Oops, google crashed!"

Rakurai
Mar 1, 2013, 09:54 PM
I'm curious as to whether my lack of chrome dragon sightings can be attributed to it being extremely rare and/or there simply not being many Vita players who can trigger its appearance.

I've seen four Dark Agrani and Falz Hunar in my searching for it so far, with well over three dozen boss spawns total.

Insane food dish
Mar 1, 2013, 10:11 PM

Needs to be a one panel .gif instead of a .jpg.

Skyly HUmar
Mar 2, 2013, 02:16 AM
This guy totally reminds me of Hannibal from Gods Eater Burst. xD
Even the way he moves...

Join the club.

Shadowth117
Mar 2, 2013, 03:25 AM
Anyone know if you have to be playing vita or not to see him the first time? (barring other players "infecting" you)

Skyly HUmar
Mar 2, 2013, 03:32 AM
Anyone know if you have to be playing vita or not to see him the first time? (barring other players "infecting" you)

Its my understandung that you have to be playing with a vita player that has cleared him in MB. But once youve beaten him once you can spawn him anywhere anytime with anyone arround.

Syklo
Mar 2, 2013, 03:39 AM
Its my understandung that you have to be playing with a vita player that has cleared him in MB. But once youve beaten him once you can spawn him anywhere anytime with anyone arround.
So what if a PC player (Vita-clean) is on field with another PC player (whom partied with a vita player and saw the chrome spawn) and the latter happens to trigger a chrome spawn.

Will the Vita-clean PC player still be able to spawn chrome D?

gigawuts
Mar 2, 2013, 03:41 AM
So what if a PC player (Vita-clean) is on field with another PC player (whom partied with a vita player and saw the chrome spawn) and the latter happens to trigger a chrome spawn.

Will the Vita-clean PC player still be able to spawn chrome D?

If you kill it you can spawn it.

Crysteon
Mar 2, 2013, 04:39 AM
I've killed Chrome twice in story mode (one in Chapter 9 and another in Chapter 10) but I havent had any luck with team mates on finding one outside of those two places so far (I switch to vita version each time I organize a MPA to hunt it)

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 2, 2013, 04:46 AM

[SPOILER-BOX]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8169566/asdfghjkljhgfdsa.jpg
[/SPOILER-BOX]

That's funny. When my gf asked me what a chrome dragon was the other day I told her it was a dragon that ate other monsters and instantly translated them into broken english then proceeded to suggest similar monsters you may also be interested in.

Needless to say, I was sleeping alone that night.

Rakurai
Mar 2, 2013, 06:06 AM
Is the only way to tell whether or not someone has finished the new story quests checking if they're using Kuna as a party member?

If so, that's rather annoying, doubly so due to the fact that more then of half of the people I've seen with her in the party searches have their room locked so nobody else can have a chance at seeing the dragon.

Syklo
Mar 2, 2013, 06:08 AM
Is the only way to tell whether or not someone has finished the new story quests checking if they're using Kuna as a party member?

If so, that's rather annoying, doubly so due to the fact that more then of half of the people I've seen with her in the party searches have their room locked so nobody else can have a chance at seeing the dragon.
Is kuna useable from MB11 or 9/10?

Because I want that chick.

NOW.
New waifu get!

Sizustar
Mar 2, 2013, 06:32 AM
Is kuna useable from MB11 or 9/10?

Because I want that chick.

NOW.
New waifu get!

Don't know about 9/10, still clearing those.
MB 11, doesn't give any new NPC, except you can use Sara, the twins and other NPC in the specific Story mission, and also fight one of the six legendary Ark(FO girl) if you score high enough.

KatsujinkenKik
Mar 2, 2013, 01:13 PM
chrome dragon can appear for vita players regardless of where they are in story. arks quest/free field.

It appeared in single party quest for us peoples.

Z-0
Mar 2, 2013, 01:47 PM
I can't find Chrome Dragon in the enemy records for any of the Arks Quests, but I can in free field.

KatsujinkenKik
Mar 2, 2013, 03:14 PM
Whoops! You're right. Don't know why I thought we were in Nab Rappy quest when it was free field. At least I do know that the only people there was me three mates, only one of which was on them Vita things without getting past matter board 3.

Resanoca
Mar 2, 2013, 03:52 PM
Don't know about 9/10, still clearing those.
MB 11, doesn't give any new NPC, except you can use Sara, the twins and other NPC in the specific Story mission, and also fight one of the six legendary Ark(FO girl) if you score high enough.You can also fight Huey if you bring Sara along.

Crysteon
Mar 2, 2013, 06:57 PM
We just found Chrome on Tundra.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/DPTastic/2013-03-02-173140_zps82ccec68.jpg

Shadowth117
Mar 2, 2013, 10:00 PM
We just found Chrome on Tundra.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/DPTastic/2013-03-02-173140_zps82ccec68.jpg

y u no let me join mpa ;-;

Crysteon
Mar 2, 2013, 10:07 PM
Sorry about that....it was full because someone forgot to lock his party and people just came in >_>

Rakurai
Mar 3, 2013, 02:33 AM
Well, the dragon finally showed up for me in the forest free field just now after some 20ish hours of searching. Like some of the other bosses, it announced its presence with a very distinctive roar before it actually spawned.

Unfortunately, it's probably going to take a while before everyone catches on to the fact that killing it without letting it eat any darkers results in almost no drops, as it only gains breakable parts after doing so.